Anyone else playing with CZCW? I tinkered around with TCW and NOTBPW but I'm really having fun with CZCW. I sent Al Coleman, Waylon Walls and Willow packing and signed Acid II, Ted Brady, KC Glenn, Ernest Youngman, Clark Alexander and I just signed American Elemental to help with the lower card talent whose performance skills aren't up to par. During the course of the month, I loaned Steve Flash and put him in a match with Mikey. After a month, I increased their overness in the Southwest to D, and Midwest and Northwest to E-, turning a profit of $14,000. I finished 2nd in regional battle.

Here was my first show

Air Attack Weasel over Jonnie Perez, Max Mayhem and Waylon Walls D (44)

15 Minutes

Ladder Match for the Coastal Zone Xtreme title

Going Coastal over Rich and Famous D- (38)

15 Minutes

F0r the Coastal Zone Tag Team titles

Shoot Club over Flash Sparrow C- (54)

20 Minutes

Donnie J and The Cali Dragons over Masked Cougar and Zone Out C (64)

40 Minutes

Lucha Libre 2/3 falls

Overall rating: C

I used Max Mayhem on loan for that first show because unless you are playing as an active wrestler you are one guy short for a full roster

After that I went on a hiring spree rounding out my roster to a total of 32 workers.

Amazing Firefly, Arthur Dexter Bradley, JOJI, Riley McManus, Storm Spillane, Ricochet Ramone, Babau, Moroi, El Mitico Jr., KC Glenn, Phobia, Marvel Malloy and Mercutio Sleep.

A couple of good relationships and good personalities (Coleman is my only negative) and my backstage is up to 87% with just a 5 in leadership.

I set up a bunch of trios as stables giving me a total of 8 for which I will ahve my own king of trios tournament at some point.

One of the first roster moves I always make is to fire Al Coleman. I cannot get rid of him fast enough.

Why he's really the only bad attitude on the roster and only in the midcard he hardly brings down the backstage at all. He's actually quite talented and teaming with Marc Speed he can pull out some great matches the C- I got out of Shoot Club vs. Flash Sparrow was in large part due to him and Speed.

Why he's really the only bad attitude on the roster and only in the midcard he hardly brings down the backstage at all. He's actually quite talented and teaming with Marc Speed he can pull out some great matches the C- I got out of Shoot Club vs. Flash Sparrow was in large part due to him and Speed.

I think this is based on past games with him and his negative attitude. Now I will admit I have no started a CZCW game yet. I'll give Al a second chance and see what comes of it. Now Marc Speed I have tended to push big time. In my CZCW game in TEW 10 he held the CZCW belt for almost 18 months before signing with TCW. Damn you TCW!

<p>Always enjoy a good game with CZCW - I like to change their product a little bit so it's not just about performance and so overness works too.</p><p> </p><p>

I also add a bit more hardcore into the product (usually only low or very low), just so it doesn't come as a shock when I book a random hardcore match at a big event.</p><p> </p><p>

Some things I've done in this game, include introduced a second show in March called CZCW's Young Lions Tournament - Where the winner of the tournament faces the CZCW Champion at Welcome to the Coastal Zone in a 60 Minute Ironman Match.</p><p> </p><p>

Matthew Keith (yes, I know not TECHNICALLY a young lion in the game) won the first tournament and beat Mikey James for the title at WTTCZ.</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW Wave of Fury has been altered from a regular show into what is essentially a Royal Rumble match called (you guessed it) "The Wave of Fury". My thoughts being that wrestlers entering under timed entrances are essentially a new wave of workers.</p><p> </p><p>

The winner will meet the CZCW Champion at Reach For The Sky in a Ladder Match (get it, Reach for the Sky... Ladder match?) for the belt in the main event.</p><p> </p><p>

My best show so far is CZCW Surf Slam that scored a C+ rating, main evented by a Steel Cage match between Keith and Steven Parker.</p><p> </p><p>

When I get around to finally being accepted for a TV Show, I'll open CZCW up to faces and heels as well as actually have a bit more angles on the show to tell stories that can build to events.</p><p> </p><p>

When I do get Pay Per View I'll be running only the major shows on PPV rather than each month.</p><p> </p><p>

Angle wise, the only real storyline I have going is about a stable called The Vortex which is Acid, Acid II, Babau and Moroi - where Acid wants to replace the old guard of CZCW with younger (heelish) talent.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm treating CZCW essentially as CHIKARA in real life, but with much less comedy spots. The stars are like comic book characters with one or two traditional heels and faces thrown in.</p><p> </p><p>

Oh, and those who are fans of Fearless Blue and spotted he's been utterly destroyed in 2013 - I've given him a mask (CVFP_MaskedMale_131) and called him The Puzzle</p>

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly the loss of Jeremiah Moose fills me with grief, I made him into the most over guy on my roster in 2010 with a storyline lasting 2 years.

So with that I plan on bringing him back full force, possibly use Waylon Walls (whom I never really got into back in 2010) as an enforcer. Maybe replicate BLKOUT or something

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE BABY!

Due to the fun I had towards the end of TEW10 with CZCW I've given them a go as my first main game on TEW13.

I've done a year so far and had my user be an active wrestler with very good stats on my first game as my plan is to have him develop the stats of the established core and young guys i want to remain as my core when I hit cult.

Overall I've been steadily gaining popularity with the plan being to hit 71 pop in my home region with only doing shows there untill that point. Once i get the nice chunk of spillover from that i'll run shows in the spill over regions. This will hopefully will mean my finances are strong and i wont waste time booking in regions I don't need to yet. The money is going up every month but not exactly great amounts. It can range from 2k profit to 25k profit, mostly due to the fact I like a large roster. The large roster is my way of learning how to build momentum without ruining the guys who are losing.

I brought back most of the guys who were on the CZCW roster on 10 but were not on TEW13.

Three times now i've written a long post detailing the roster and feuds and each time the page closes near the end so i'll write a longer post at another time.

To summarize the main feud for most of 2013 was Chris Flash Hart ( my user) against Flash. The feud started when Mikey James the champion's feud with my user had to change due to Mikey going on tour, Acid was brought into the feud aswell, defeated Mikey for the title on his debut and started his feud with Chris Flash Hart. When it looked as though Acid was going to go on tour a few months later I had Chris Flash take the title off him, luckily Acid refused that tour and the feud continued untill Acid went on tour near the end of the year. Chris Flash the champion then decided as well as being the CZCW owner and current champion he wanted to add a victory over the legendary sam keith to his list of achievements. Sam who was acting as a road agent and manager to his sons refused the challenge. Flash Hart refused to give up and beat down Sam's sons. An Angry Sam Keith challenged Flash to a cage match at Christmas Cage Caos if Flash put his title on the line.

Flash put the title on the line and Keith nearly pulled out a win against an opponent over 20 years younger than him but Flash pulled out a flash pin against the run of play to rescue his title. Sam not finished with Flash beat him down after the match. The new show Flash taunted Sam about how he's passed it and that his one final chance of being a champion one last time is over and done with forever as he's never getting another shot. Sam responded by attacking Flash Hart in his match against Donnie J that nearly cost him the title.

The plan for rest of the year is to have Sam try and get Flash accept a rematch for the title, one last time. If he fails this time that him done for ever. The plan so far is to have Flash refuse the rematch untill he has had enough of Sams trouble making and giving Sam another shot... if he wins the No 1 contenders tournament. Still undecided if to have Sam become a champion with a decent reign then bring one of the keiths more into the feud as a major part.

Now that Los Deport Hoy has coverage in the midsouth and puerto rico as well as the south west and Mexico does it make sense for CZCW to make a deal with them in the early going?

No. CZCW just doesn't have enough money to jump to cult straight away. Its a bad idea to get TV because the cost of workers versus the cost of shows is going to drain your budget even with a monthly show bringing in some cash. Everyone wants to just straight into TV and it is a horrible, horrible idea. Make sure you have about 2 mil in the bank at minimum before you have a go at it. After that you can start driving to cult. Since CZCW's spill over is Hawaii, North West and Mid South if you picked up a TV after getting 2 mil I would spam north west with the show so you gain the pop of working there while still gaining pop in Mid South, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Then Do your big shows in the South West to recoup your losses for the month there.

No. CZCW just doesn't have enough money to jump to cult straight away. Its a bad idea to get TV because the cost of workers versus the cost of shows is going to drain your budget even with a monthly show bringing in some cash. Everyone wants to just straight into TV and it is a horrible, horrible idea. Make sure you have about 2 mil in the bank at minimum before you have a go at it. After that you can start driving to cult. Since CZCW's spill over is Hawaii, North West and Mid South if you picked up a TV after getting 2 mil I would spam north west with the show so you gain the pop of working there while still gaining pop in Mid South, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Then Do your big shows in the South West to recoup your losses for the month there.

You have to leave the alliance before you can rise above like, regional because with the nature of the pact, you're not allowed to run shows in any of those territories. I haven't tried leaving them, as I wasn't sure if doing so might cause me to end up at war with one of those promotions. But if you want to rise up, that's a chance you have to take I guess.

You have to leave the alliance before you can rise above like, regional because with the nature of the pact, you're not allowed to run shows in any of those territories. I haven't tried leaving them, as I wasn't sure if doing so might cause me to end up at war with one of those promotions. But if you want to rise up, that's a chance you have to take I guess.

You do not to leave you're only running shows in the North West which is not one of the alliance held territories. Your TV is showing in the other areas but you are not actually holding your shows there. The only regions you can't run shows in are Ontario Canada, West Central Mexico, Mid Atlantic US and Tri-State US. but you can always get TV and PPV contracts that show in those areas as long as you don't physically hold shows there.

I have played CZCW twice now. I cant seem to keep anyone I push to the top no matter what contract deal they have. This latest time I really thought I had it nailed, I offered both Frankie Perez and Mikey James excellent PPA exlusive contracts with a bunch of perks made them my company backbone and Main eventer's and put on two decent shows. The first being a c- and the second a solid c.

Two days after the second event they both signed touring contracts and the day after that I got emails they left the company. I hate how wrestlers can just walk out on their contracts and you get no notice until it happens.

It's my favorite organization to run but apparently I have no idea how to actually run it...

I have played CZCW twice now. I cant seem to keep anyone I push to the top no matter what contract deal they have. This latest time I really thought I had it nailed, I offered both Frankie Perez and Mikey James excellent PPA exlusive contracts with a bunch of perks made them my company backbone and Main eventer's and put on two decent shows. The first being a c- and the second a solid c.

Two days after the second event they both signed touring contracts and the day after that I got emails they left the company. I hate how wrestlers can just walk out on their contracts and you get no notice until it happens.

It's my favorite organization to run but apparently I have no idea how to actually run it...

First off you're not big enough for exclusive PPAs to mean anything. There are so many regional and cult companies that are bigger than you that it means anytime they get offered a contract with some else they're going to leave you because an excluisve PPA says "hey its either me or them" and quite frankly more often than not them is bigger than you. Just offer them regular PPAs and let them work the other dates. On top of overness gains wherever they are you'll get more skill growth than if they just work for you.

Secondly you get fair warning. You always get an email when they are being offered a contract by a different company and now you can view exactly what they are being offered and try and out bid the other guy, so you get plenty of fair warning.

If contracts are your only problem then you're not doing half bad. Just remember working for others on PPA isn't bad and you can't fight the written contracts from big boys so you just have to take the loss of a worker then.

First off you're not big enough for exclusive PPAs to mean anything. There are so many regional and cult companies that are bigger than you that it means anytime they get offered a contract with some else they're going to leave you because an excluisve PPA says "hey its either me or them" and quite frankly more often than not them is bigger than you. Just offer them regular PPAs and let them work the other dates. On top of overness gains wherever they are you'll get more skill growth than if they just work for you.

Secondly you get fair warning. You always get an email when they are being offered a contract by a different company and now you can view exactly what they are being offered and try and out bid the other guy, so you get plenty of fair warning.

If contracts are your only problem then you're not doing half bad. Just remember working for others on PPA isn't bad and you can't fight the written contracts from big boys so you just have to take the loss of a worker then.

The only way around this issue is to play as the big guys so you can be the one offering the contract. That's part of the fun thing about CZCW. You have to constantly be looking for fresh talent to bring in and build up. Because it's natural that your top guys will sign with someone else. Esp guys the caliber of Perez and James.

I've recently taken a break from TCW and have been playing a CZCW game which I'm really enjoying at the moment. I've tried keeping my roster fairly close to the recommend size which has allowed me to make enough profit each month that I can run a second show each month in a region that isn't the South West. Winning regional battles has been pretty easy (only one time so far that I didn't win it and I came second) as guys like Masked Cougar, Mikey James, Frankie Perez and Remmy Skye can often pull B- matces and even a B occasionally. I got rid of some guys that I wasn't impressed with, namely Waylon Walls and The American Flash and once Jonnie Perez's contract runs out in a months time he's gone too, only reason I didn't fire him already is because I didn't want to upset his brother. Hired a few guys aswell: Matthew Keith, Steven Parker, Ant-Man, Clark Alexander (I might release him soon as he is in physical decline and probably isn't worth his price...), Extraordinario Jr and Darryl Devine (couldn't resist signing him when USPW didn't renew his contract). Also upgraded my referee and road agent since I was making plenty of profit.

Has anyone else had other companies form hostile relationships with you? IPW, GSW, AAA and PWMAX all have hostile relationships with me for some reason and not with eachother with the obvious exception of IPW vs GSW. I didn't do anything that could make them upset other than win the regional battle each month. Guess, they're all threatened by me? :p

I'm in April 2014 and haven't lost a single one of my top workers. Touring Contracts don't make workers leave promotions, so it's probably due to the fact you've got them under Exclusive PPAs, those type of deals only work when you're the biggest company around. Normal PPA is fine, you just might have to reschedule some of your events so all your stars are around when you book shows.

One thing I've done to prevent my workers being stolen is get working agreements with any company that offers a written deal to somebody I don't want to lose, most companies with the exception of SWF will accept and I've been fortunate enough that they haven't made any offers to my workers. WLW rose to Cult and as soon as they offered a written deal to Mikey James I got a working agreement with them and they withdrew their offer. So I've got working agreements with TCW, USPW (these two were just precautions), NOTBPW and WLW.

I keep losing a chunk of my guys to japan touring but meh that's why I have large roster and the pluss is that having them away for 3 months saves me money and forces me to be creative with who I have in matches.

I don't think i've lost anyone to any of the big promotion yet, the time will come but hopefully it isn't Acid.

Acids feud and matches against my user were great. he's doing a good job feuding with Mainstream Hernandez, helping to bring him towards the main event. I think next he'll be feuding with someone like Matthew Keith.

My user is still currently feuding with Sam keith, looking as tho Sam will get his rematch at Welcome to the coastal Zone but I would like it to be a classic, an Iron Man Match, 60 mins but with keith getting on in years I think he'll struggle to do more than 20 mins. I may have to just go with an I quit match.

A couple of guys signing touring contracts with Japanese promotions is minor inconvenience, nothing more. Of the guys that are on the starting roster it's usually only Mikey James and Frankie Perez that get offers anyway. All you need to do is change your events to a day where they aren't touring and you can use your workers as normal.

A couple of guys signing touring contracts with Japanese promotions is minor inconvenience, nothing more. Of the guys that are on the starting roster it's usually only Mikey James and Frankie Perez that get offers anyway. All you need to do is change your events to a day where they aren't touring and you can use your workers as normal.

Really a bit more of my roster goes. Marc Speed, Masked Cougar. Irecently hired KC GLenn and he goes too. But yeah all you need to do is reschedule show dayes on touring months and bam no problem.

Just held Welcome To The Coastal Zone, it's been my largest attendance to date but unfortunately not my highest rating but meh I would of thought that the fans would of realized they witnessed something special anyway :p

The Main event

Coastal Zone Championship

30 Min Iron Man Match

Chris Flash Hart (My user and current Champion) v Sam Keith

Keith the victor

Sam's last chance at getting revenge and capturing another World title, he managed to the title shot after he had attacked and disrupted Flash's matches

the last 4 months. Flash's 8 month reign comes to an end

Secondary ME

Coastal Zone Extreme championship

Acid (Champion) vs Mainstream Hernandez.

Mainstream Hernandez got the victory.

Acid with his good title reign and feud for the CZ Championship in 2013 led onto a feud against Hernandez (the CZ Extreme champion at the time) in2014 who was looking to take Acids top spot. Acid managed to show Hernandez a thing or two and take the CZ Extreme title. Hernandez came back by beating several people the next few months to earn another match with Acid, this time to prove once and for all he's better than Acid and gain his title back.

Right after this show TCW decided to take a few of my guys.

Donnie J (Main Eventer)- not too bothered about them taking him as his stamina is too low for what I want a main eventer to have.

Masked Cougar (Main Eventer)- I had plans to push him hard in feud for the title against my User in 2013 but he had poor chemistry with my user, Acid , Matthew Keith and Mikey James. this meant that any feud I had planned got scrapped and he remained in a tag team with Snap Dragon the last year. No big loss.

Frankie Perez- An early tour in 2013 meant I forgot about him and didn't think of any current or future feuds/plans for him, when he returned he spent the rest of the year giving Main eventers good wins and giving wins to the younger Upper Midcarders like Hernandez and Mathew Keith. No loss there .

Mikey James- The two feuds I had for him this last year had to be ended early due to the tours he kept going on, still had a plan to use him in a feud in 2014 but he would of ended up on a tour anyway sooo it's not a huge loss but I would of preferred to have kept him.

Marc Speed- Another to be stolen by TCW whom I didn't really push at all the last year. He was used to job out to Main evernters, Upper Midcarders and the main tag teams.

Frankie Perez- An early tour in 2013 meant I forgot about him and didn't think of any current or future feuds/plans for him, when he returned he spent the rest of the year giving Main eventers good wins and giving wins to the younger Upper Midcarders like Hernandez and Mathew Keith. No loss there .

Marc Speed- Another to be stolen by TCW whom I didn't really push at all the last year. He was used to job out to Main evernters, Upper Midcarders and the main tag teams.

Wow just wow these are probably the top two in ring workers and you were jobbing them out basically. I'm shocked, shocked and appalled.

I did have a plan for Frankie to face Mikey (as champion) but with Mikey on tour that kept on getting put on hold.

With Acid, my user and Mainstream Hernandez having good ratings with each other they were the main focuses of the feuds in the first years. most of the rest were jobbing to them or tag teaming.

I did keep an eye of speed when he had matches against the guys I was pushing, see if they had good rated matches but they were average, not bad, not good and less than what the others who were against my top guys were getting.

I will say that since I lost that last batch the last 6 months has been a bit harder to get as good of a ratings as before. The rating were still good enough to get pop increases but I was no longer getting overall ratings of 70 something like before.

I did replace the guys going out with guys like Steve Parker, Roger Cage, Findley O'Farraday, American buffalo (Stamina too low to be worth anything in the main event so using him to get Matty keith, American Elemental, KC Glen over in short matches then Buffalo will be shipped off), Fumi Ota (only signed him and Parker for short 3 month contracts but they pulled off good matches and with the loss of a chunk of my other guys I decided to keep them on longer contracts)

Something good happened randomly, Buddy Garner come back to the industry and would sign a contract with me, he won his debut match but it was against American Buffalo and it got a terrible rating due to Buddy's Ring rust and Bufalo being unfit and annoyed.

But the plan is to build up Buddy while My feud between Flash and the Keiths is on-going, then have Buddy v Flash, see if they mesh well and can get some of my best ever rating.

My feud with Flash v Sam keith being supported by his sons has had to alter slightly, i'm having to bring about the transition of Matt taking his farthers major role spot in the feud a lot earlier due to the fact I over worked Sam Keith and has extreme fatigue so has been unable to work for 3 months so far, as he was the champion I had Flash beat him up backstage and sending him to "Hospital" and due the fact he couldn't compete he got stripped of the title, the title got defended in a 6 men Ladder match which included Matty Keith. Had Matty keith be kept strong.

I'm going to have Matty remain a supporting role and keeping the feud rolling by attacking flash etc untill Sam's back from his rest and ready for his 1 last final match in which it'll be with his career on the line, KC Glen will enter the feud and be on the Keiths side but turn on Sam in his final match and cost him the match. The storyline will be re-setup with Flash v Matty with Greg being Matty's support and KC Glen being Flash's support. That should bring both KC Glen and Greg up the card and also bring Matty keith up to the main event.

Currently I'm pushing 60 pop, which has resulted in occasionally when testing out new people in the main event

dropping occasional show results below the pop level, but i've not tried out all the new main eventers and know which ones can pull out the desired 70 rated main events consistency.

Currently onto November 2014 and looking to have my main event scene in 2015 to be headlined by Flash Hart, Buddy Garner, Matty keith, Mainstream Hernandez and Fumi Ota.

Have guys like American Elemental, KC Glen and Greg Gauge push up the card strongly.

The first half of 2015 i'm hoping to see my pop in my home region go to the desired 71 level, resulting in the good spillover in the other regions then push on to 2 or 3 shows a moth, 1 being in the other regions.

• 2 years later...
I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but I did a search and haven't come up with any CZCW threads, so I thought I'd ask since I started a new game with them, how anyone has fared? I'm 4 months in, each month I moved up in the regional battle, with AAA being my real only competitor card quality wise. It's been a hell of a grind to bring up their pop. I'm D in South West, E- in Mid South and North West, F+ in Mid West and F- everywhere else in the USA, as well as F- in everywhere in Canada but British Columbia (F), and F+ in Northern Mexico, and F in Western and Southern Mexico. I was turning a profit the first two months, and then bam! Lost major money in the 3rd month (I think it was the people I was using and the contracts), and am waiting to see how April holds up. I went from D- to D in South West so I'm hoping that bump in attendance helps kill any loss. I'm running a weekly regular event, and then one other main show a month.

Archived