I tend not to play as CZCW very often which is odd because I tend to totally raid their talent. It should be exactly the kind of promotion I would love...

Do you make any changes to the product such as Face/Heel divide or match length? Also, don't the touring Japanese companies decimate your roster availability?

roster size would be my first guess depending on who you hired 5 shows and able to turn a profit each month you may need to cut back. I try to not go too far over the required amount of workers.

It's weird.. I can go a month and turn several thousand profit, do virtually the same thing, and lose 20 or 30 thousand. I only have 6 more active roster members than is required for regional and there's usually only 2-4 guys who don't get used on any particular show.. I wish I could remember how I was playing CZCW before.. I could have bolted for two promotions that changed ownership, but I wanted to stay and try to right the ship.

I tend not to play as CZCW very often which is odd because I tend to totally raid their talent. It should be exactly the kind of promotion I would love...

Do you make any changes to the product such as Face/Heel divide or match length? Also, don't the touring Japanese companies decimate your roster availability?

I did change their product a little which resulted in better match ratings, and the product change was more in line with what the product actually is (which made me increase the match intensity and danger a bit). I went from getting E's, D's, and the occasional C's, to consistent C's. However, despite the better cards, and despite winning regional battles, I can't keep my overness up.

My roster is mostly the same, but I went from running 5 shows a month (the main one, and 4 weekly ones) to maybe running 1 or 2.

On the plus side, I was able to knock AAA entirely out of the regional battle.

Since the last post, that save got lost when my old laptop broke :/ which is a shame as i was a couple of years into the same and liked the feuds that had been developed over the two years. Especially with the Sam Kieth Story, usually I don't push older guys but i did and it was pretty rewarding, I may of gotten better grades if sam was replaced with a younger guy but the grades were still more than good enough for my regional company. Hi sons and KC Glen gained a lot of popularity throughout the feud aswell and things were looking pretty good but meh.. it wasn't to be.

I've since just started a new game after being inspired by ROH and NXT, I wanted o be CZCW a mecca for indie wrestling where eventually the promotion would be THE indie to be at. I went a bit overboard and signed quie a few people and go rid of the terrible workers.

I sightly tweaked the product so there was a little more popularity focus but still a lot of in ring focus. It'll be a place for all styles but with more of a focus on the exciting high paced wrestling CZCW is known for. Yet it won't seem odd if there is the odd hardcore style match or pure wrestling if the feuds call for it.

I changed so that no workers are region locked, like I said I was inspired by current day ROH where NJPW workers are competing there.

Have only done a couple of months and haven't yet got really into the save compared to my old save involving sam kieth.

Maybe having all this talent isn't the way to go.. maybe an average sized roster with my core guys and a revolving door of indie talent to put over my core is the way to go, rather than having everyone here and not many rotating through.

So may restart and only add in my favorites, run few shows and see ho else i should bring in to feed to my core guys.

At least with not signing half of the top indie stars i can make the most of the COTT loan features..... also thinking of having a COTT Tournament of Champions. The best workers from all the companies will compete in the tournament with at least one workers from each promotion. No winners will be chosen to make it fair, computer will decide and the winner be chosen through that. The Winner will also get a title shot at my top strap.

edit... just looked at the save and I havent signed as many of he top indie guys as I thought, signed a chunk of younger guys to develop but havent went overboard like I thought I had so may give this save my time.

A couple of tag teams in their to make the tag division a little more rounded out.

The old favourites like Acid, masked cougar in their along with Snap dragon, Sky, Fox mask etc who will be more core.

Hired a couple of Lucha legends to have more emphasis on lucha.. such as having pheonixIII

Larry Wood to add some special attraction brawling to round out the styles in the roster.

Hell's bouncer, wil be used a bodyguard type for my user character as he tries to rule the promotion

Young guys like KC glen, The Keiths, Blake Belushi, Delerium, Ernest Youngman and Matt Hocking as Team, Acid II (a project of mine)

Mainstream Hernandez- love this guy,

Magnum Kobe- Love this guys look and have ever used him before and now i'll have a chance.

Whilst short term I'm not worrying about the money , once I get a year under my belt I'll be focusing on making the company self sufficient and profit making.

Working on a consistent regular system where I always have a guy who's read to jump quickly into the Main event for when the big dogs come calling to take them away. In case my op stars all get raided at the same time i'll be loaning in the COTT best workers to bring up more guys.

No. CZCW just doesn't have enough money to jump to cult straight away. Its a bad idea to get TV because the cost of workers versus the cost of shows is going to drain your budget even with a monthly show bringing in some cash. Everyone wants to just straight into TV and it is a horrible, horrible idea. Make sure you have about 2 mil in the bank at minimum before you have a go at it. After that you can start driving to cult. Since CZCW's spill over is Hawaii, North West and Mid South if you picked up a TV after getting 2 mil I would spam north west with the show so you gain the pop of working there while still gaining pop in Mid South, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Then Do your big shows in the South West to recoup your losses for the month there.

There's no spillover for Hawaii, and you only get spillover for Puerto Rico if you're in the South East.

Since the last post, that save got lost when my old laptop broke :/ which is a shame as i was a couple of years into the same and liked the feuds that had been developed over the two years. Especially with the Sam Kieth Story, usually I don't push older guys but i did and it was pretty rewarding, I may of gotten better grades if sam was replaced with a younger guy but the grades were still more than good enough for my regional company. Hi sons and KC Glen gained a lot of popularity throughout the feud aswell and things were looking pretty good but meh.. it wasn't to be.

I've since just started a new game after being inspired by ROH and NXT, I wanted o be CZCW a mecca for indie wrestling where eventually the promotion would be THE indie to be at. I went a bit overboard and signed quie a few people and go rid of the terrible workers.

I sightly tweaked the product so there was a little more popularity focus but still a lot of in ring focus. It'll be a place for all styles but with more of a focus on the exciting high paced wrestling CZCW is known for. Yet it won't seem odd if there is the odd hardcore style match or pure wrestling if the feuds call for it.

I changed so that no workers are region locked, like I said I was inspired by current day ROH where NJPW workers are competing there.

Have only done a couple of months and haven't yet got really into the save compared to my old save involving sam kieth.

Maybe having all this talent isn't the way to go.. maybe an average sized roster with my core guys and a revolving door of indie talent to put over my core is the way to go, rather than having everyone here and not many rotating through.

So may restart and only add in my favorites, run few shows and see ho else i should bring in to feed to my core guys.

At least with not signing half of the top indie stars i can make the most of the COTT loan features..... also thinking of having a COTT Tournament of Champions. The best workers from all the companies will compete in the tournament with at least one workers from each promotion. No winners will be chosen to make it fair, computer will decide and the winner be chosen through that. The Winner will also get a title shot at my top strap.

edit... just looked at the save and I havent signed as many of he top indie guys as I thought, signed a chunk of younger guys to develop but havent went overboard like I thought I had so may give this save my time.

A couple of tag teams in their to make the tag division a little more rounded out.

The old favourites like Acid, masked cougar in their along with Snap dragon, Sky, Fox mask etc who will be more core.

Hired a couple of Lucha legends to have more emphasis on lucha.. such as having pheonixIII

Larry Wood to add some special attraction brawling to round out the styles in the roster.

Hell's bouncer, wil be used a bodyguard type for my user character as he tries to rule the promotion

Young guys like KC glen, The Keiths, Blake Belushi, Delerium, Ernest Youngman and Matt Hocking as Team, Acid II (a project of mine)

Mainstream Hernandez- love this guy,

Magnum Kobe- Love this guys look and have ever used him before and now i'll have a chance.

Whilst short term I'm not worrying about the money , once I get a year under my belt I'll be focusing on making the company self sufficient and profit making.

Working on a consistent regular system where I always have a guy who's read to jump quickly into the Main event for when the big dogs come calling to take them away. In case my op stars all get raided at the same time i'll be loaning in the COTT best workers to bring up more guys.

I'm into September, and USPW and TCW fell to Cult, with SWF falling to National. Happened pretty early on. Nobody has raided my company for talent except touring promotions and other indy feds. So far, my shows are run on days that do not affect people being unavailable.

Greg Gauge is trying to move up the card. Matthew Keith has been a focal point of my shows. I had the Coastal Zone Championship on Keith for a while before he got bested by Clark Alexander. Mainstream won the Xtreme title and had it for a while before Greg took it off him.

There's a few gems on the indy scene if you sign Tigre Salvaje Jr, El Mítico Jr, and Amazing Firefly, and put them in matches with your masked wrestlers like American Elemental, Fox Mask, Masked Cougar, and Fumihiro Ota if you sign him. The grind to build them up is as long as it is for the company to grow since they're total unknowns, but they have excellent matches with the guys like I mentioned.

I managed to snag Bart Biggs who ended up a free agent from SWF. Trying to snag Marc DuBois who is also a free agent. Joey Minnesota left TCW and went to NOTBPW. I was able to get Darryl Devine who left USPW.

Yes, but the game won't let you sign a tv deal unless you meet the minimum requirements for overness in the region the show is aired in.

You only need to have it in a percentage of the regions so you can not have any in puerto rico as long as you have enough of the region with the right popularity.

• 2 weeks later...
A couple of guys signing touring contracts with Japanese promotions is minor inconvenience, nothing more. Of the guys that are on the starting roster it's usually only Mikey James and Frankie Perez that get offers anyway. All you need to do is change your events to a day where they aren't touring and you can use your workers as normal.

It's interesting because my last save started in 2013, and I maybe lost two guys permanently to Japan. SWF and the others called up guys in developmental. This new save I had to make, I set it as 2016 for a start date, and a lot changed. Including the fact that SWF pillaged me of workers. Perez, Sky, Fox Mask, and Donnie J. Happened immediately I was like "Wtf?". Last time Perez left me for Japan and didn't want to come back to CZCW even though he ended up finishing there and signing with a national CGC.

It's interesting because my last save started in 2013, and I maybe lost two guys permanently to Japan. SWF and the others called up guys in developmental. This new save I had to make, I set it as 2016 for a start date, and a lot changed. Including the fact that SWF pillaged me of workers. Perez, Sky, Fox Mask, and Donnie J. Happened immediately I was like "Wtf?". Last time Perez left me for Japan and didn't want to come back to CZCW even though he ended up finishing there and signing with a national CGC.

I think a lot of the changes from game to game have to do with the state of the industry and economy as well the amount of time it takes for SWF to hit International.

I just did a new run using the original 2013 data not the 2014 data. And fir the first time my roster was destoryed. CGC went national and I lost Fox Mask, Frankie Perez, Mikey James and Remmy Skye. Basically the entire core of my main event. Marc Speed and Al Coleman have stepped up but man was that a surprised to me I'd never had that happen.

If you like replay ability, regional is definitely different every time. If companies grow they look for new (generally developed and popular) talent to populate their roster. If guys get too popular, they get taken. If bookers/owners change you could lose talent based on what type of workers they like etc.

Through my most recent playthrough with SWF, I signed very little Indy talent. I waited until I hit International in February to take a lot of international guys to shore up my undercard and also sign future top guys (Swoop McCarthy) to stash in developmental since I always fall after a few shows.

CZCW is usually the promotion I raid completely. The talent is very good. I just never really liked th product settings too much. It's also incredibly frustrating to have guys taken from you that you've built and invested time in. I think I may give it a go again sometime soon just to try to go from small/regional to international. Only done that 1 time and it was with ECW in the 97 mod. Sabu turned into one of the best workers in game and I rode him to ratings! It is so gratifying to go from small/regional to national.

How does everyone book CZCW?

If you like replay ability, regional is definitely different every time. If companies grow they look for new (generally developed and popular) talent to populate their roster. If guys get too popular, they get taken. If bookers/owners change you could lose talent based on what type of workers they like etc.

Through my most recent playthrough with SWF, I signed very little Indy talent. I waited until I hit International in February to take a lot of international guys to shore up my undercard and also sign future top guys (Swoop McCarthy) to stash in developmental since I always fall after a few shows.

CZCW is usually the promotion I raid completely. The talent is very good. I just never really liked th product settings too much. It's also incredibly frustrating to have guys taken from you that you've built and invested time in. I think I may give it a go again sometime soon just to try to go from small/regional to international. Only done that 1 time and it was with ECW in the 97 mod. Sabu turned into one of the best workers in game and I rode him to ratings! It is so gratifying to go from small/regional to national.

How does everyone book CZCW?

I change their product a bit. Because the current product is strictly high flying wrestling, with no emphasis on "traditional", and thus, no face/heel divide. Default product makes it hard to get sponsors. I make traditional key alongside Modern, with heavy Lucha given their "explosive action" product. I dropped out of the alliance so I wouldn't have my workers loaned, and wouldn't be held to not running in regions I needed to to expand.

My profits vary, depending on how aggressive I am in booking. Initially I spammed the cards with all my top talent to get high card ratings, but now I'm only booking a couple of upper card and main eventers a show allowing my lower card to work and get victories so they can move up or build up the upper card guys with momentum. Plus it's cheaper on the wallet rotating the top guys around. If I use Mikey one show, he sits the next. I don't have a long way to go before I move to cult so I can get off National Pride, which I was able to get early evening deal on, and onto The Pop Network, so I can get higher ratings with a bigger audience in America. I'm one important grade away in my two regions from getting to cult.

Greg Black has been great for me. I took the title off Mikey and put it on Greg who has the highest momentum of anyone in the company right now. I've been pairing the lucha guys and whatever positive chemistry teams I come across together to keep the tag titles interesting. I have about five teams. I don't know why I waited so long to get on the GB bandwagon. I thought to sign him in my last save, but not until 3 years in. This time I signed him almost immediately.

The only interesting thing is though, I haven't had a single student come out of the dojo this year and I'm in August.

I change their product a bit. Because the current product is strictly high flying wrestling, with no emphasis on "traditional", and thus, no face/heel divide. Default product makes it hard to get sponsors. I make traditional key alongside Modern, with heavy Lucha given their "explosive action" product. I dropped out of the alliance so I wouldn't have my workers loaned, and wouldn't be held to not running in regions I needed to to expand.

My profits vary, depending on how aggressive I am in booking. Initially I spammed the cards with all my top talent to get high card ratings, but now I'm only booking a couple of upper card and main eventers a show allowing my lower card to work and get victories so they can move up or build up the upper card guys with momentum. Plus it's cheaper on the wallet rotating the top guys around. If I use Mikey one show, he sits the next. I don't have a long way to go before I move to cult so I can get off National Pride, which I was able to get early evening deal on, and onto The Pop Network, so I can get higher ratings with a bigger audience in America. I'm one important grade away in my two regions from getting to cult.

Greg Black has been great for me. I took the title off Mikey and put it on Greg who has the highest momentum of anyone in the company right now. I've been pairing the lucha guys and whatever positive chemistry teams I come across together to keep the tag titles interesting. I have about five teams. I don't know why I waited so long to get on the GB bandwagon. I thought to sign him in my last save, but not until 3 years in. This time I signed him almost immediately.

The only interesting thing is though, I haven't had a single student come out of the dojo this year and I'm in August.

I don't like changing the product too much aside from match lengths. I do wanna give a go with another regional or smaller company just to be able to switch talent in and out. Hmm... maybe I'll give CZCW another go.

I don't like changing the product too much aside from match lengths. I do wanna give a go with another regional or smaller company just to be able to switch talent in and out. Hmm... maybe I'll give CZCW another go.

Fair enough, but the lucha setting isn't really a stretch given the type of product they offer. It's only a one tick upgrade from the original settings. I get your point about the traditional though. If you're gonna run that, or go with mainstream settings, that's the only reason to have face/heel divide. If it were a different promotion, I'd prolly up the pure settings since most of the roster can go as far as technical skills are concerned... But it kinda goes against the nature of the product.

Archived