The Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods (BHOTWG) Thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing my first Puro Game on the Cverse..

Finding it a lite difficult to get a feel for some of the workers , I have o connect to their picture of name in order to want to do something with them. Half of them I don't feel anything for currently... maybe when I ge some matches out of them I'll feel differently.

Going to book it a little bit like NJPW and have a little bit of time on the shows for post match stare downs and hype video's.

I think i'll enjoy this promotion from ike 7 months time when I've developed the roster a bit o my liking... get the time decline guys phased out the company putting some younger guys over. Also their seems to be a couple of people on the roster who are seriously burnt out in turns of condition so the guy with lower stats over the age of 30 will be going aswell.

Padding the ag division with Gajins such as the keith brothers, Mikey James/ Frakie Perez, a new team with Fro sure an swoop.

Hired some gajins and younger japanese workers alongside a coupe meican/japanese Luchas for pading out of the Super Juniors division.

Also looking for a name for Fro Sure and Swoop- insur if to go for somthing very Japanese English translation.

On the touring months I'm currently only planning on doing one medium show a week followed by a PPV show.

Week 3 Monday is Road to (PPV name)

Week 3 Sunday woul be the PPV

Week 4, 1 and 2 Mondays would BHOTWG Lords of the Ring March 1 (2, 3)

April 1 (2,3)

In my head their would be smaller house shows a couple times a week but the main tour show would be the medium sized ones i'm doing.

In terms of product I've set Wrestling to 80 percent and set the danger and intensity down a little so my guys don't get worn down young like PGHW

Doing my first Puro Game on the Cverse..

Finding it a lite difficult to get a feel for some of the workers , I have o connect to their picture of name in order to want to do something with them. Half of them I don't feel anything for currently... maybe when I ge some matches out of them I'll feel differently.

Going to book it a little bit like NJPW and have a little bit of time on the shows for post match stare downs and hype video's.

I think i'll enjoy this promotion from ike 7 months time when I've developed the roster a bit o my liking... get the time decline guys phased out the company putting some younger guys over. Also their seems to be a couple of people on the roster who are seriously burnt out in turns of condition so the guy with lower stats over the age of 30 will be going aswell.

Padding the ag division with Gajins such as the keith brothers, Mikey James/ Frakie Perez, a new team with Fro sure an swoop.

Hired some gajins and younger japanese workers alongside a coupe meican/japanese Luchas for pading out of the Super Juniors division.

Also looking for a name for Fro Sure and Swoop- insur if to go for somthing very Japanese English translation.

On the touring months I'm currently only planning on doing one medium show a week followed by a PPV show.

Week 3 Monday is Road to (PPV name)

Week 3 Sunday woul be the PPV

Week 4, 1 and 2 Mondays would BHOTWG Lords of the Ring March 1 (2, 3)

April 1 (2,3)

In my head their would be smaller house shows a couple times a week but the main tour show would be the medium sized ones i'm doing.

In terms of product I've set Wrestling to 80 percent and set the danger and intensity down a little so my guys don't get worn down young like PGHW.

Got a little project to keep me interested during this long 7-12 months of roster re-structure.. My Project is to develop Beast Bantom to be the Stan Hansen/Vader of BHOTWG. As a Monster he's got a very solid base, better then what most monsters get but he isn't quite right to be pushed in a puro promotion, he needs some development, polishing and pushing if the Japanese crowd arn't just going to bury him.He's got age on his side too at 26. He will be tested on pre shows to see how he manages .. luckily he shouldn't get booed out of the building as his basics and psyc are 60's /70's. He's kind of 1/2 / 2/3 of what I'm looking for in a guy I will push pretty hard to the top once he's on the main roster.

Hey guys im currently running BHOTWG and really need an injection of Gaijin talent and i was wanting to bring in a Bullet Club like faction and I need a name for them

Greg Black - Leader

Bulldozer Brandon Smith - Enforcer

Greg Gauge and Dean Daniels - Heavyweight Tag Team

Frankie Perez and Mikey James - Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team

Matthew (Keith) Gauge - Jr. Heavyweight

Any help would be appreciated

Hey guys im currently running BHOTWG and really need an injection of Gaijin talent and i was wanting to bring in a Bullet Club like faction and I need a name for them

Greg Black - Leader

Bulldozer Brandon Smith - Enforcer

Greg Gauge and Dean Daniels - Heavyweight Tag Team

Frankie Perez and Mikey James - Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team

Matthew (Keith) Gauge - Jr. Heavyweight

Any help would be appreciated

You could go with the classic, The Outsiders. However, if you don't like to take the names of real life teams...

The Invaders

Recon Unit

The Special Forces

The Separatists

Rising Moon (play on Rising Sun, but opposite since they're Americans... I'm so creative lol)

I would go with the outsiders or invaders myself.

• 1 month later...

So I'm playing BHOTWG and I got rid of the touring Schedule and am doing New japan like shows. I turned the Intesity down to 65.

I'm borrowing the Openweight Tag Team League idea from TigerKinney's BHOTWG. So here are my teams in Blocks A & B:

Block A:

Black Magic (Yasuhiko Taira & Yasnobu Masuno) - 2 Pts

The Manipulators (Tasuku Iesada & Masaaki Okazaki) - 2 Pts

Raging Bulls (Chuichi Sanda & Eiji Hamacho) - 2 Pts

American Panther (American Optimus & Red Panther)

P.I.N.K. Bombers (Toshiki Shibanumo & Nissho Yuasa)

Size of The Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

Yokai Kingdom (The Awesome Kiyari & Golden Scorpion)

Block B:

P.I.N.K. (Marihito Masuko & Tadakuni Toshusai) - 2 Pts

Team INSPIRE (Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Mitsunari Fugunaga) - 2 Pts

Solid State (Haru Kurofuji & Hachigoro Maeda) - 2 Pts

Sensational Bombastics (Hiroaki Nakasawa & Sensational Dragon)

Full Ligament Panic! (VENOM & Shiomi Yoshii)

BHOTWG Home Army (Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III)

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Natsu Miyamae)

• 1 month later...

About to fire up a new Burning Hammer game and would love some feedback from the more experienced Puro players.

1.) How many/what size shows should I run on a tour? I think 3 shows a week is recommended for Burning Hammer's starting size but I'm worried that will lead to worker burnout.

2.) Can I rotate workers (especially top level MEs and UM) in and out of shows to prevent breakdown or will that lead to morale issues?

3.) What is the average length of a tour show? I'd like to get a lot of guys on the card, but also give matches a decent length time.

4.) Should every tour show have at least 1 angle?

5.) What's a logical number of gajins to bring in for a tour? In the past I have made the mistake of bringing in too many new faces and had a hard time both getting people over and finding room on the card for that many bodies...

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

So I know the original post is old, but I still have a question as I explore Japan for the firs time. The OP says it's misunderstood that puro doesn't have storylines and cites real world examples but doesn't really give an opinion in game. Do you guys used no storylines at all or can you get any kind of boost with actually using the storyline mechanics?

Same with angles, can you get anything useful out of very basic angles (face offs after a contender is decided, short post match in-ring promos, etc). I am liking this playstyle but am definitely liking the idea of keeping no face / heel distinction but using storylines and maybe even a handful of realistic gimmicks (basically NJPW today minus bullet club intereference) without penalties.

<p>Puro does have storylines as such, kinda like feuds rather than WWE style feuds. look at New Japan. </p><p> </p><p>

I'd say Tanahashi and Okada have had a storyline/feud going on for the last couple of years to see who is the best, Okada trying to prove himself against the old ace of New Japan. </p><p> </p><p>

I'd still use storylines even if it's just to build momentum for when a big match at a big show is over.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not running Burning Hammer but in my long game that is currently in January 2018, I just checked in on them for the first time. I was shocked to find out that the A.I. has had only ONE Burning World Champion, Kinnojo Horri, for the ENTIRETY of my 4 year game.

Is this normal for Burning Hammer in the default 2014 C-verse database? Just 15 title defenses as well btw.

Weirdly, yes. In my 12-year CGC game, Yasunobu Masuno held the world title from May 2015 to April 2023. Yasuhiko Taira held the King of Fighters title for five and a half years, then lost it to Tasuku Iesada, who held it for 20 months, making only 4 defenses. Iesada lost the title to Nakasawa, who's held it for over 5 years now.

The issue is the combination of reign durations (which the game measures in defenses, not calendar time) and the shows which a title can be defended on. The system expects that a normal reign will last about 15-20 defenses, give or take, and a title defense for those two titles can happen only at major events, not on tour. (This problem doesn't apply to the junior or tag titles, which can be defended on tour.)

BHOTWG only has eight events a year, and one of them is the Super Juniors tournament, which means that only seven title defenses a year are possible. In practice, the system doesn't schedule title defenses even that often -- it's more like three times a year -- so it can easily take over half a decade before the "hey, this guy's had the title long enough" switch gets flipped. (Even Iesada's "transitional" reign ran almost two years...)

Weirdly, yes. In my 12-year CGC game, Yasunobu Masuno held the world title from May 2015 to April 2023. Yasuhiko Taira held the King of Fighters title for five and a half years, then lost it to Tasuku Iesada, who held it for 20 months, making only 4 defenses. Iesada lost the title to Nakasawa, who's held it for over 5 years now.

The issue is the combination of reign durations (which the game measures in defenses, not calendar time) and the shows which a title can be defended on. The system expects that a normal reign will last about 15-20 defenses, give or take, and a title defense for those two titles can happen only at major events, not on tour. (This problem doesn't apply to the junior or tag titles, which can be defended on tour.)

BHOTWG only has eight events a year, and one of them is the Super Juniors tournament, which means that only seven title defenses a year are possible. In practice, the system doesn't schedule title defenses even that often -- it's more like three times a year -- so it can easily take over half a decade before the "hey, this guy's had the title long enough" switch gets flipped. (Even Iesada's "transitional" reign ran almost two years...)

So to "fix" that should I change Iesada's booking title change tendency from infrequent to average or frequent?

Archived