Eight Faces of Eiden

Sam Strong, USPW

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/1/616102249.jpg

I took Valentine away from the locker room, as he was still quite angry with Sneer.

Strong: Look, Peter, what-

Valentine: GIVE ME A ****IN' HAMMER I'LL KILL THE *****!

Strong: Peter-PETER! Shut the hell up! Now!

He almost swung at me, blinded by rage, but I backhanded him in the throat lightly to stop him talking and break his concentration.

Strong: Sorry, but you're going to get yourself fired. My hands are tied if you have another outburst. Understand?

He scratched his throat, and his face was red, but he nodded.

Strong: Now Peter, you and I have been friends for...a hell of a long time, right?

Valentine: Yeah, but-

Strong: And I'm the owner of this place. So what I say goes. Understand?

Valentine: ...fine. You care what happened?

Strong: Yes I do. However, I have some general...let's call them "tips" for you. First, you know that you always have a job so long as I own the place, right?

Valentine: Of course.

Strong: Good. So nothing I say now jeopardizes that. Only way you leave is if you want to go, or if you make the decision that takes it out of my power. Okay?

Valentine: Yeah, sure. My turn to talk?

Strong: Not yet. You got job security, but that doesn't mean you get to do what you want. Why? Because you aren't the only guy I can hire. Back when me and Chord were tearing up Supreme, there were a ton of other guys filling out the card, working up the crowd, making sure that our jobs got done. You keep pissing people off, keep getting into fights? Sure, I can keep you on the roster, but the other ones? Gone. They leave, off to the competition, off somewhere else. Keep going, and no one wants to work for me, because of you. Then where are you? A dead company.

Valentine: It wasn't my fault!

Strong: Fine, fine, tell me what happened.

Valentine: He came up, he was talking about the Sneer Corporation, and I said that his Corporation was ****.

Strong: Why?

Valentine: Because it is! They're all untalented hacks!

Strong: Maybe that's why they need a manager, to cover for their weaknesses.

Valentine: The hell did you hire them for?

Strong: Peter...look, friends, yes? You got a job, we're cool, but...you don't get to ask me that. Rather, you don't get to question my hiring strategy. It's not your business.

Valentine: Whatever.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USPW American Wrestling

Pre-Show:

You'd think that Commisioner Doom and Chris Caulfield would get along, being all American-y like that. Sadly, they don't, and Chris attacking Doom is all-too-common. He actually leaves Doom down and out, leading one to ask why he would want to do that at all.

The Cold Warriors vs. Savage Fury

Savage Fury were clearly in control from the offset, even with them being in physical decline. To that point, Petr is the only one not in decline, so...eh?

Persephone did a good job with Java, but Tribal Warrior seemed to be a bit distracted by her, like he wasn't used to there being someone in his corner. Greetings from the Island of Java onto Karloff ends it.

-Karloff has a good gimmick.

-Savage Fury have poor gimmicks.

-Everyone is old aside from Petr.

-Savage Fury have value from their experience.

James Justice, Enygma, Jumbo Jackson, and T-Rex get into an argument backstage. Not too fun to break up the fight that resulted from said..."discussion".

-Justice is the only one not penalized for his gimmick.

Natural Storm vs. The Towers of Power

Storm were lucky that this was non-title; as one of our constant title holders, The Towers are very, very dangerous. They're about the only duo I'd expect Savage Fury to not bulldoze, actually.

Muscles and Rushmore appearaed to have the champions' number, in that it was rare for them to be off-guard or unprepared for the lighter duos' offense. Mick did get a bit off-balance in the leadup to his Bulldozer Powerbomb finisher, but he hit it nonetheless on Rayne for the victory.

-I think Howard likes tag matches and Rayne does not.

-Howard and Rayne have good gimmicks; Rushmore does not.

-Danny's also old.

I talk up my friend Peter Valentine, noting that he is in line for a title match with Nicky Champion at some point. Likely it will be in two weeks.

-I can talk, but it's looking like my gimmick is sub-par and the audience is far, far less likely to want to hear me anymore. Sadly.

Champion Force vs. American Buffalo and Genghis Rahn

Kept the match short, wrote it up beforehand, and...huge success.

Not only are Champion Force excellent together, and...they're awesome. Rahn falls to a Hawkeye Hammer after a dominant showing by our top guy.

-Champion Force have excellent chemistry together.

-Buffalo had a poor gimmick; the others had good ones.

-GOD YES CHAMPION FORCE ARE AWESOME I'M SO HAPPY FOR EVERYONE.

-Sorry, yes, I am a 66-year-old man. Not a child.

-FOOOOOOOOOOOOORCEEEEEEEEEE

Now for something I hate to watch. Tyson Baine absolutely reams Nicky Champion after the match. Granted, it's relatively tame given what we've previously seen, but when Champion can't get up after the third Hades Bomb, I don't think anyone felt happy for him.

-Champion has a good gimmick, as previously noted. Baine's not bad, but not notable.

Raven Robinson vs. Belle Bryden

Surprisingly, Robinson seemed a little off today.

The two put forth a blistering performance about on-par with what one would expect from a semi-main event of ours. Bryden seemed to have Raven's strategy countered, and a Dish of the Day off of a crossbody ended a well-received match.

-Raven has a good gimmick; Bryden's is poor.

-Raven can go all out, but does not like to do so.

-Probably could main event with some of our women with some more popularity.

I'll save him from the embarrassment, but Champion did a poor job hyping my daughter up on her match next. Alicia didn't look very good from it, either. Still well-received by the fans, though, likely due to Champion's popularity.

-Alicia has a poor gimmick and low momentum. Sad.

-Not a good day for Nicky on the microphone, it seems.

Alicia Strong vs. Cherry Bomb

This was another solid match. Sadly, though, while everyone worked well going all-out, my daughter apparently has issues with the pressure. This made the Angel Driver finish a bit less satisfactory.

-As noted, Strong cannot deal with an all-out match. Huh. I guess we have a heel-dominant women's division.

I do not normally curse, but...

Nicky just took my torch.

Now this, a celebration for his title, given free reign to talk...

Nope. I'm taping this and sending it to him for his personal archives. So...so proud.

-A half-hour of just about the closest thing to perfection we could expect. Nearly at mythic levels, yes. Going to be great in a few months.

Tyson Baine vs. Benny Benson

A bit lackcluster; you'd expect Baine to outrank the women, and Benson's usually on-point. Tonight, not as much.

Twenty minutes of our top bad guy kept strong (or protected, it seems), Benson's poor gimmick and Baine's questionable stamina were the two major knocks to the match.

-As noted, Benson has a poor gimmick. Which now does not matter.

-Baine...well, he can work 16 with Nicky I imagine with no problems.

Post-Show:

Andre Jones vs. Atlas vs. Darryl Devine vs. Freddie Datsun vs. Giant Redwood

Elizabeth Cartier appears to work well with Redwood; not so much chemistry, but she noticeably improved the match.

Datsun wins what was an exploratory match.

-Andre was the only one without a poor gimmick.

-Redwood is old and the crowd seems to hate him.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/1/818210554.jpg

-That actually surprises me; I thought we did well enough to keep level.

NOTBPW Championship Wrestling

Pre-Show:

NOTBPW Tag Team Title Match:

The Aces© vs. Harrison Hash and Mark Griffin

I told them to go all out, just to see if any of the younger men were ready to move up the card. Hash, unfortunately, is seeing a bit of a physical decline, but he can still play something of a steady hand in the midcard, so it is still useful to have him out here.

Julian Watson hits Griffin with a Tiger Claw DDT, and that's it.

-Everyone has a poor gimmick, which leads to the question of why they evenhave them.

-Hash does not like going all-out. Hm...

-Johnson, Griffin, and Watson in that order appear to have futures.

NOTBPW Women's Title Match:

Amber Allen vs. Kinuye Mushashibo vs. Kristabel Plum© vs. Lauren Easter vs. Roz Larren vs. Tamara McFly

Many of our women appear to have some potential, so I thought putting them together in a title match before the show would be a good idea. In this manner, I can gauge the skills of all of the women, later putting on a singles match on a main show.

It was a decent scramble, with McFly having a solid debut (if lackluster due to her gimmick; see note). In fact, due to her immense talent, (though the story was wanting to have a good debut, I suppose) I had her win the title. Not a knock on anyone else; she just happens to be better than most women.

-Why did I give Tamara an "Old School Face" gimmick? Sean might be a bit unhappy...

-Kinuye, Plum, and Roz have good gimmicks.

-Plum and Easter would probably make good champions or backbones of the division.

-Roz has low stamina and cannot at this time go all out. Neither can Allen.

-Plum and Allen have psychology that will not let them call a match on the fly. This was the information I wanted to glean.

R.K. Hayes vs. Mighty Cavanaugh

Some would say Hayes ought to pave the way for the next generation, like Cavanaugh. However, Hayes has yet to enter the decline of his physical career, and Cavanaugh has yet to really capture a strong performance skillset.

As such, this was a fairly legnthy domination, or a short match, depending on how one wanted to view it.

Hayes hit his Homicide Bomb to end it, and I am glad I will never have to receive one of those again.

-Poor gimmicks for both.

-Cavanaugh...actually has more promise than expected. A poor match, of course, but he was able to work within the script written for him.

The Fighting Irish vs. The Can-Am Blondes

One of our fans' favorite teams in the Blondes faces the younger Irish tandem.

I let the match be open, scripting some flow beforehand, and not necessarily leading to a slow build. This allowed everyone to work at whatever pace they wanted; for Owen Love, this is rather slower than he once was.

A Love Gun puts away McNamara, and we could be seeing our next champions.

-Love has declining physical ability, as already noted.

-Everyone has good gimmicks.

-Can-Am Blondes deserve a push.

-Robbie cannot sell, and Jason is not a good babyface.

NOTBPW Television Title Match:

Tim Westybrook© vs. Omar Brown

Though they are in their 30s, I feel these two represent the strongest prospects on either side of the alignment spectrum for the "new generation". I imagine they will be having a lengthy, unofficial feud.

With the match being fairly open, and the story leading to a big TNT Whirlwind-or a counter, of course-for the finish, the two did...a bit worse than expected.

Perhaps it is the fact that they are not yet of our highest caliber worker that this match was worse than the previous one; after all, with the Blondes being excellent by themselves, and the tag experience from both teams, one could easily see a better reception from the fans.

Regardless, our champion of TV hits his big finish, and he stands victorious in the opening of this story.

-Neither man has a good gimmick, and Tim was a bit inconsistent tonight.

-Tim's the better star.

Ultimate Submissions Match (30 Minutes)

Shooter Sean Deeley vs. John Maverick

A bit worse than I wanted, though I think I am to blame as I gave Sean a poor gimmick.

Neither man is a "star" in the traditional sense; they go to the ring, wrestle a very technical style, and then leave. John happens to like being pushed (or is it that he likes working against smaller wrestlers? I do not know), but other than that, and the aforementioned faults, this match was as expected.

And the expectations of the crowd was a close-fought submissions contest. Being...well, being me, I am not sure if I liked the 2-1 victory; one opinion has it that submission-based wrestlers in a match where submissions are the only fall would focus on, of course, submitting their opponent. A lot. Hence 2-1 being small. However, opposing opinion has it that 2-1 is fairly standard for a 30-minute contest, and given that submissions do tend to take some time to both be effective as a strategy and in getting the submission, perhaps 2-1 is not bad at all.

I would like to revisit this match with proper gimmicks later.

-Sean has a poor gimmick.

-Otherwise, a very nice match. More popularity, perhaps, and this is an easy, capable co-main event.

I told Steve DeColt to go out to the ring for 10 minutes and talk.

I did not make a bad decision.

-Once he gets a good gimmick, or a neutral one, Steve will be dangerous. Or, I suppose, he already is.

Johnny Bloodstone and Steve DeColt vs. Sean McFly and Duane Stone

Were this on Pay-Per-View and the men not holding back, I think this performance would have nudged all four a bit closer to the Hall of Immortals. As it stands, this merely is the best match by far of any company short of Japan. And I only say that last phrase as I have not paid attention to Japanese shows at the moment.

Wait...maybe SOTBPW outmatched this. That is possible too.

Bloodstone takes a Delorean Driver to end something absolutely outstanding. Not a better way to end our first bid of 2013.

-Lionel Greenwood got outpaced by the action. Given the quality of the action, and his inexperience, this is hardly a "bad" thing.

-Duane actually had a notable handle on the psychology of the match. Over Sean? Yes, a bit odd, but I suppose they trade off or something.

-Duane has a good gimmick; the others are poor.

Post-Show:

Cal Sanders vs. Derek Frost vs. Canadian Dragon vs. Devin Reynaud vs. Erik Strong vs. Hugh Ancrie

Another testing match, which admittedly was terribly received.

Derek Frost won with a Snow Plow.

-Dragon has a good gimmick; the others are poor.

-Devin was out of his element.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/1/902065268.jpg

Richard Eisen, SWF

I see that Dan Stone did a good job with North of the Border apparently. As if I care about his company. The news does, but I do not.

~~~

As far as USPW, they are pitiful. I ought to steal Nicky Champion from them if I truly want to quash any sense of competition, but I rather do not think they are any sort of competition. So instead I laugh. Our first outing was terrible, but that was my least effort. Their first outing seemed to be their best effort, and it still fell short.

~~~

Apparently "Razor Valentine" returned to the industry. I have no idea who that is, so I do not care.

~~~

Duane Fry is the best announcer in professional wrestling according to the Internet. Good. Sadly he has terrible chemistry with Peter Michaels, of course, but...the industry is tough like that.

~~~

Press Release:

SWF Signings!

Amo Del Gato for $3,890 written

Nathan Coleman for $6,240 written

Rafael Ruiz for $8,450 written

Sky King for $5,570 written

Slayyer for $3,980 written

Ted Brady for $3,220 written

Fro Sure for $2,590 written

Mainstream Hernandez for $6,010 written

Sozen Ishinomori for $1,620 written

Air Attack Weasel for $3,610 written

Tommy Cornell, TCW

A lot of messages today...both KC Glenn and Tamara McFly have left for NOTBPW. That is unfortunate; either would have been excellent talents to improve the roster. Furthermore, Mid Atlantic Wrestling has refused our offer to become a developmental territory; unsurprising, of course, but a touch disheartening.

Ah, it seems we have another request for company relations, which trumps my own endeavors...

~~~

To: Ryu Kajahara

Subject: The Only Way Working

Dear Mr. Kajahara,

The only way we could enter into a working agreement is if you would be able to obtain the services of a number of Japanese wrestlers that I would enjoy to have on my roster. If you are able to contact any of these people and sign them, then I will agree to an alliance. And only then.

• Saeko Hiroyuki
  • Jin Miyamoto
  • Dark Eagle
  • Super Joshuya
  • Junnosuke Fukazawa
  • Merle O'Curle
  • Mokuami Maita
  • Tiger Fuyuki
  • Hirokazu Yamanoue
  • Lioness Mushashibo
  • Shiori Jippensha
  • Toshinobu Taku

~~~

And I figure a few more signings, potentially, is not a bad idea. I can stick it to Eisen at the same time, as well.

As for Sam...I am a bit reluctant to do future deals with him, as he seems to have buried everyone I sent him. A loss is one thing; a burial? A dominant win for the opposition? I think he is a bit naive if he thinks I do not care about such things.

Press Release:

TCW Signings!

El Mitico Jr for $1,840 written

Kaede Sugiyama for $1,640 written

Sam Strong, USPW

I look at the sellout crowd and I see success. Not better than my rival and ally, but success nonetheless. True, our popularity dropped a little, but consider this:

• I proved that our company has excellent angles.
  • I proved that Nicky Champion deserves to be the man.
  • I learned that Caulfield, Enygma, and Justice ought to be featured on the main card.

True, that last point was obvious, however, the point is that I learned we have very few strong heels to balance ourselves. No one on the heel side, aside from Baine, is popular and talented. Jumbo Jackson needs to rise, or our women need to be more popular, or a few other people need to step it up, but at the moment...

That leads me to our current problem which I know will be solved in a moment: our roster is small.

We are far outmatched by Tommy and Richard on either side in terms of sheer star power and wrestling excellence. Tommy's got Joel Bryant, himself, Wolf, Vessey, The Machines, Minnesota, Ricky...that's off the top of my head, meaning I've missed a few. For Richard, he has Jack Bruce, Rich Money, Christian Faith, Marat Kholov, and a slew of younger, excellent entertainers.

Our problem is we need to create talent. Theirs is that they need to manage talent. Sammy Bach or...Randy Bumfhole, those are guys that easily could get forgotten on their respective rosters when their talent and youth implies they should at least have a spot. Conversely, I would love to have either of them here, as they'd make a great midcard heel at the very least to start rounding out the card.

I do not know where it is this company will go in the next few months, but I am absolutely certain that we can, and will, continue to deliver entertaining performances to our fans.

Press Release:

USPW Signings!

Casey Valentine for $2,410 written

Hollywood Brett Starr for $2,870 written

Jeremy Stone, NOTBPW

That is the third time someone has told me that Omar Brown deserves the Television Championship. Not himself, no, but others. That is...either a remarkable coincidence or a serious problem brewing.

No matter, though; I double-checked and we have blasted every other company out of the water with our most recent show. Hopefully the Pay-Per-View Big City Brawl makes that point all the more clear.

~~~

I need to open a developmental territory; we have been unable to obtain the services of an existing promotion, and we have just enough profit to open a Small, Local-size gym.

~~~

Press Release:

New Developmental Territory!

"House of Stone," not to be confused with the Dojo of the same name, has been constructed under the eye of one Jeremy Stone. When asked why he chose to name the territorial development company the same as the dojo, he asked why we were asking. We then included that if he did not want the two to be mixed up, he ought to distinguish a bit more readily between the two companies. He replied, and we quote, "You do realize I retired out of mental necessity, not physical ineptitude, yeah?"

We wish his company the best of luck and would donate money to him, seriously we would, we swear, were it not for the network's rule against donating to companies.

But seriously, go Stone!

Press Release:

NOTBPW Signings!

Fuyuko Higa for $1,670 written

Danielle Sweetheart for $1,620 written

Zoe Ammis for $2,140 written

Remmy Honeyman for $1,670 written

Alex DeColt, CGC

Well, they did well enough with Deeley and Maverick. Let's see if I can do one better...

Oh, nope. Actually, I should probably book them together, as they both have to play the heel.

Ah. Fro Sure went to SWF. Too bad for me, I suppose.

Not much to do but work some hires, putting us even more in the hole. Good job, Steve. I'm following you to the grave...

Press Release:

CGC Signings!

Jerry Martin for $2,890 written

Allison Addison for $930 written

Ryu Kajahara, WEXXV

To: Tommy Cornell

Subject: Lily Snyder and Kid Toma, and Hell Monkey

Dear Mister Cornell,

It seems you do not understand agreements. I say yes to your offer, you steal my workers? Hell Monkey was not mine, but yes he was of my alliance. The other two, I have them on my roster for reasons you could not hope to understand.

Oh, and I captured of your list those who are not contracted to my allies. The only way you can see them is to not hire any of my coventry.

See, Mr. Cornell, I understand your desires. You come from the land of industry, whereas I am a man of honor. Yet not pride nor glory. Curious.

You have your dreams in the clouds of madness that you could hope to achieve one day such heights as to be so magnanimous you give the audience a treat.

I?

I merely shed my blood to make a living.

So now that I have your attention, the power lies solely with me. Either you back off your dealings and let my company be my company, or Japan will forevermore close its borders to you and your little empire.

And I have sent orders to WLW, EXODUS, and BCG to shun you relentlessly if you attempt to contact them.

Actually, we take a very proactive stance to these dealings; you have one hour before your inbox is full of blank messages.

Also I hacked their email accounts; if you attempt to forward this message to them to imply that I have hacked their email accounts, I will merely tell them that you are a liar.

Fellow citizens of Japan, you know the true Ryu Kajahara. Would he infiltrate your servers? Yes. Would he "misuse" that ability to relentlessly bombard Tommy Cornell's email, potentially having drastic consequences on inter-company relations? Yes.

So you have to ask yourself one question, Tommy: do you dare to eat a peach?

-Ryu Kajahara

P.S. I realize that English has a "slang" wherein words are used for other words. I am told that various fruits that are succulent and/or moist are often references to a female's sexual organs. Or orifices. Again, English is far from a first language of mine, so I hope you know what I mean. Which then, is to say, that I am not asking if you have relations orally with your wife. I do not care whatsoever.

Tristram Day, RAW

Not much to report aside from our new hires again, I imagine. The situation is improving; our show will be excellent.

Press Release:

RAW Signings!

Angus McMiller for $2,050 written

Milton Hittlespitz for $2,270 written

Tombstone for $2,610 written

Alyx Macquarie for $2,670 written

Cole Taylor for $2,540 written

Rusty Mills for $2,400 written

Victor Goliath for $1,860 written

Big Rig for $1,800 written

Blitz Simpson for $2,280 written

Chopper Rourke for $2,010 written

Gyula Lakatos for $1,620 written

Mace Mueller for $1,620 written

Mercenary for $1,620 written

Sulphur for $1,620 written

Jaime G for $1,320 written

Lori for $1,240 written

Rennaya Rives for $1,750 written

Jeff Nova, 21CW

Hm. Still need to plan a show, and it seems as though British Samurai and I might have a bit of a...a bit of a "tiff?" Is that the term?

Press Release:

21CW Signings!

Laura McKenna for $4,020 written

Don Henderson for $5,460 written

Liz Sweetheart for $760 written

Melanie Florence for $2,780 written

Alton Vicious for $1,620 written

Bam Bam Johansson for $1,620 written

Hercules Johansson for $1,620 written

Beast Bantom for $3,290 written

Billy Robinson for $3,580 written

Hugh de Aske for $2,430 written

Neville Jones for $1,620 written

Riddick Jordan for $1,620 written

Bulldog Jack for $2,360 written

Petey Barnes for $3,030 written

Brilliant white for $1,620 written

Keith Adams for $3,450 written

21CW Best Of British Wrestling

21st Century Tag Team Championship:

Igor Ivanoff/Ivan Ivanoff© vs. Pit Bull Brown/DJ Reason

21st Century United Kingdom Championship:

Wade Orson© vs. Danny Patterson

Joss Thompson vs. Joey Beauchamp

Adam Matravers vs. Stevie Stoat

Jonathan Faust vs. Dark Angel

Jeff Nova, 21CW

I walked into the locker room before the show and heard Steve Smith sharing some impressions of various employees. This was amusing, particularly his Pit Bull Brown. As he moved on to what must be everyone's favorite, I copied his gestures a few feet behind him. I adore our backstage atmosphere, mainly due to the fact that they did not let on that I was behind him until, say, three seconds after the performance was done.

I lead Smith aside. He was worried at first, but I clapped him on the back-which, in retrospect, probably did not help much-and told him that I appreciated his ability to lighten the mood.

~~~

>Pretend this is twitter because I sure as hell ain't making a fake account looking thing and I hate twitter and I refuse to capitalize its name. Ever.<

Lol. Just learned from #backstagesource that @PriceyLion took @Coldberries as protege. Looks like @Coldberries isn't going to be generous nemor.

I didn't understand that until I realized you weren't referencing my DarkHorseRequiem profile, as that's not the one I use here. Then I remembered that headless horse thing >_>

NOW PREDICT DAMMIT I'M ALMOST DONE WITH THE SHOW POSSIBLY (or Nova's in relevance decline and I get to change half the show again >_>)

21CW Best Of British Wrestling

Pre-Show:

Ten Man Battle Royal:

Alton Vicious, Brilliant White, BW Eddie, Jeffery McPeterson, Keith Adams, Kelvin Badberry, Michael Gregory, Michael X, Neville Jones, and Riddick Jordan

Debuted a ton of guys here; some successful and some less so. Only told them to call it out there and make it open, as I wanted to see their skills, so I was a little surprised when Keith Adams got the win over Michael X at the end, with Little Warrior and BW Eddie joining in the final four. Highland's kid got the most eliminations, too, which...to be honest, with ten men that's only 3 eliminations to guarantee the honour.

-Good gimmicks: Vicious, Adams

-Bad gimmicks: Brilliant White, BW Eddie, McPeterson, Badberry, Gregory, Jones, and Jordan

-Neutral: Let's see...Michael Gregory, it looks like.

-Drug habit: White, and it's soft drugs.

-Who does the crowd hate: Jones, Gregory, Badberry, Eddie, White, Vicious

-Who can call a match: no one-scratch that, one of them can, but I don't recall who

-Matravers did fine as the agent for the match, and his lady rounded out the announcing nicely

Joey Beauchamp, Kathleen Lee, and Emma Evans did some movie sketch. Told them to go out and wing it, with Evans in some nice Secretary outfit.

Well, here's the deal: MY BLEEDING GOD SAINT PATRICK!

Not only did both Joey and Kathleen do bloody ****ing theatrics out there, absolutely stunning, but Evans' Secretary gimmick and Joey's Clean Cut style are bloody monsters out there. As in, I don't think I ever got that much...consistency? Is that even the word?

Point is, Lee's the star of the segment, Joey did well with his words, but him and Evans had about the best debut possible. Bloody great job.

-All three have low momentum, and Lee does not have a great gimmick, but otherwise this was a smashing success. Ridiculous how well that worked.

The Red Devils vs. Joe Simpson and Nate Manchester

Simpson won the match, I wanted it called and open.

-Gimmicks: Nate's good, Victor and Simpson are bad.

-They can't call it out there.

Joss Thompson vs. Joey Beauchamp

I regret this match a little, as Joey really lit up the crowd earlier.

Told them who would win, to make it open, really go at it and call it on the fly.

Turns out Joss can't deal with that kind of pace and Joey just can't hack it at that pace.

-To reiterate, Joss can't deal with the pressure, whereas Beauchamp, interestingly, doesn't have the moveset for a quick pace.

-Guess whose momentum is not low anymore?

War Machine absolutely brutalizes Dark Angel backstage. As Angel was the one who was looking over the previous match, he had no chance of dodging the monster.

-Both have solid gimmicks.

Absolutely Flawless vs. Crouching Storm, Hidden Sifu

Dear god that latter team is terrible together.

I scripted the match to keep it open, have them all show off, but more of a cooldown after what I imagined were a great match (somewhat) and a good little piece (true).

And...

eh. A Martin wins it with whatever. Do not care anymore.

-I split the team with the coolest name after this. Oh well.

-All of them have good gimmicks.

-Don't have these guys go all out. And leave them on the pre-show until they get more...skill, I should say, in general.

21st Century Tag Team Championship:

The Ivanoff Brothers© vs. Defense Force

Ah, now the fun begins.

Now big question here: is Hot Stuff going to interfere? Answer: Yes. Absolutely.

This did not go that long, and I did not have anyone try anything fancy; Jay and Buff attacked Brown and Reason, respectively, near eight minutes of the match, and the Ivanoffs did not appear upset at the DQ loss.

-The good guys have good gimmicks.

-Ivanoffs do not.

-They are, however, still champions.

21st Century United Kingdom Championship:

Wade Orson© vs. Danny Patterson

Orson is absolutely dominated in a few minutes by The Tower of London, who gets the title.

-Good gimmicks all around.

Edward Cornell, Kevin Jones, and Phillip Cooper vs. Leigh Burton, Daniel Black Francis, and K'Lee Hawkins

I wanted the guys in a program to be kept strong, and aside from a slight DBF miscall, that appeared to have worked.

-Jones has a good gimmick

-Not only is Cornell stuck with a bad one, but someone is doing it better than him; I will check later who that is

-DBF and Hawkins also have poor gimmicks

Cornell, Cooper, Jones, and Thompson (he ran in) brawl to the back to further cement that they are hunting Dark Angel, but not as a unified group.

-Missed it earlier, but Kevin Jones does not do well with his manager. I should switch that and see if someone else works better. Maybe Evans, after her debut...

Adam Matravers vs. Stevie Stoat

Alright, Phoebe's a good manager. Did well for Adam. And they're dating, so that's nice.

Too bad I cannot keep them paired, as they do not work well together.

At all.

Oh, remember how...remember how Hot Stuff attacked Defense Force and had them win?

Well make it a singles match, and have Joss attack Adam. There you go. Much, much better, of course, but no need to reiterate.

-Stoat has a good gimmick, along with Adam

-I might keep Phoebe with Adam, if the benefit he gets from her being a manager outweighs the negative of their horrid timing

Adam Matravers and Jonathan Faust cross paths as one leaves the ring and the other is coming to the ring while backstage.

Fortunately, War Machine, Phoebe Plumridge, Leo Price, Liz Sweetheart, Harry Wilson, and Melanie Florence broke things up before anything happened.

-The bad: Liz has no gimmick, which is a little bit bad. As in terrible.

-The good: bloody hell Melanie should apparently be a professional Comedian.

Jonathan Faust vs. Dark Angel

Non-title, as Faust is in the program with Adam, remember?

These two really, really worked hard out there, and it showed. No chemistry of any note-good nor bad-but you have Dark Angel, always impressive (and aging) and Jonathan Faust, held up by said Angel.

Then Stoat arrived, distracting Angel and eventually attacking him with the ref's back turned. The kindness Faust paid in Stoat's match apparently returned, it was simple enough for a Devil's Drop to drop the Dark Angel for the pin.

-Angel has a poor gimmick; Faust is good. And really good, speaking generally.

I tried to close the show by taking action against Faust, but he attacked me. Unfortunately, I also flubbed my words a little, which hurt the segment.

-I do have a good gimmick, though.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/1/1301221221.jpg

I didn't understand that until I realized you weren't referencing my DarkHorseRequiem profile, as that's not the one I use here. Then I remembered that headless horse thing >_>

I actually was referencing The League. Close enough, though.... >__>

And I'm suprised you haven't mocked me about my twitter username (yet) :p

Richard Eisen, SWF

Looks like we missed out on Hollywood, as he went to USPW. No matter. And as for Greg Black, who I see has an ineffectual offer from CZCW and is seriously considering TCW...

Well that is nice. I got to drop my signing bonus, up the total contract, and now Tommy has to jam his offer to the sky to be the sole consideration. Excellent. I would like to hire him, as I have one of his tag partners. But if TCW wants to reunite High Concept...I am perfectly pleased with helping Tommy with anything he needs. At a price.

A high price.

Press Release:

SWF Signings!

Grace Harper for $5,160 written

Acid for $6,910 written

Clark Alexander for $6,420 written

Fumihiro Ota for $6,450 written

Insane Machine for $4,910 written

Grandmaster Phunk for $6,130 written

Tommy Cornell, TCW

As of this posting, upload screenshot is inoperable. Sorry for lack of pics, if necessary.

No developmental territory, a number of potential hires stolen...this is a good day.

Ah. Greg Black will not sign with SWF; Eisen made an advanced bid, but apparently Mr. Black lied when he said he would seriously consider his offer. That is fortuitous.

I suppose I could go the route of USPW, my..."ally," and use current profits to create a developmental territory myself. Youngman, Mitico, Shark...Mighty Mo and potentially Jay Chord, performance permitting, would do well with some extra work.

But alas, it is not to be. At least, not at the moment. I will instead await the next show and make my choice then.

Archived