Real World Mod *HYPE THREAD*

So a bit of an update. I've gone back and started retooling everything using Derek B's mod making guide (an invaluable tool). It's taking some more time but I think it will be worth it in the end. However I do have a question for you guys. How would you handle a character like Suicide in the game? The character has it's own popularity, however in the game it is based off of the person playing him at the time. Possible solutions would be to make Suicide a worker himself and have him loyal to TNA in every way possible. Just a thought.

TEW can't simulate a mask/character being passed around, so just set Suicide as the character being played by TJ Perkins. It's really all you can do just now.

Considering they brought in someone specifically to portray the character this time instead of just doling it out to "whichever random X-Division guy on a contract that we've got nothing for right now" like they used to I'd say for realism's sake to just set him as an alter ego for TJ Perkins and adjust his popularity accordingly. Until there's a version of TEW that can properly simulate a character like that it's probably better to have one worker with a bit of generously awarded overness (which can be edited down in or out of game) than to have a phantom worker floating about the in-game universe. Probably worth giving Suicide alter egos to Kazarian/Daniels/Kiyoshi too if you can.

Abyss/Joseph Park is an interesting one too. Not sure what you're intending to do with him but since they're using both characters pretty often I would personally give him alter egos as both individually to future-proof things and then a third alter ego as "Abyss/Joseph Park" to use now with a split personality type gimmick and maybe a picture including both of them or something. Considering certain developments on the most recent episode of Impact it looks like Park isn't going anywhere anytime soon (which is awesome; he's great) so it's definitely worth having him in and functional.

Abyss and Joseph Park are the same person, they shouldn't be treated as separate people. Again, TEW can't handle multiple personalities so just set Abyss as the character and add a note in his bio about also being Joseph, it's the only way to handle it without making things confusing and inaccurate.

I think I either miswrote or you misread because that's exactly what I was saying, haha. I just suggested maybe setting Chris Parks' contract name/current alter ego as "Abyss/Joseph Park" and using an appropriate gimmick, picture, and bio entry to fully convey that he's a single person portraying two roles. It's a minor thing and it's entirely cosmetic, I'll admit, but it hurts nothing and helps with immersion a tiny bit which is always good.

I was just bringing it up because, like the issue with Suicide, it's something the game isn't really fully capable of supporting yet.

I think I either miswrote or you misread because that's exactly what I was saying, haha. I just suggested maybe setting Chris Parks' contract name/current alter ego as "Abyss/Joseph Park" and using an appropriate gimmick, picture, and bio entry to fully convey that he's a single person portraying two roles. It's a minor thing and it's entirely cosmetic, I'll admit, but it hurts nothing and helps with immersion a tiny bit which is always good.

I was just bringing it up because, like the issue with Suicide, it's something the game isn't really fully capable of supporting yet.

My bad, I misread that completely the first time through and what I thought you said made no sense at all. I've had a stressful and tiring week and had a total brainfart there. :p

Archived