Cornellverse 2005 Mod - RELEASE

On behalf of Nightshadeex and myself I would like to formally release this mod. Its been a long time coming for myself since I originally wanted to do this back in 2005 but for some reason it never did get all the way there.

Obligatory Backstory

About six weeks ago Nightshadeex and myself both discovered we were separately working on the same mod and that it was going very slowly for the both of us. We combined our efforts and now after six weeks of keeping progress under wraps we're able to formally release this mod.

The Mod Work Itself

Its obviously so much more than a simple conversion. We have included every worker that was not included in the original. There are 1311 new workers in this mod that were not in the original game. All workers come complete with any and all alter egos that they should have including new ones such as Stretch the Chicken Boy, Dark Falcon, Super Falcon, The Chaos Demons, etc all have their new alts added to their original characters. I have also added several dormant television shows since I had graphics for them and I would much prefer the AI choose from existing TV shows in the data and get a nice pretty picture to go along with it rather than create something random and have that ugly no tv picture staring us in the face. At this time there are no new narratives however please realize things such as Inspire and later on Black Canvas have owners that exist in other promotions so be prepared for things such as that.

The World

For those of you who have forgotten about or never knew the world of the Cornellverse in 2005 several huge things have happened.

Mid Atlantic Wrestling has just opened up and crowned their first champions. The 2005 Supreme Training class has just debuted including workers such as The Dirty White Boys, The Samoan Wildboyz, Death Row, Marc DuBois, and The Bumfholes.

Sam Strong is still with TCW, Ricky Dale has yet to become a bonifide main eventer. Wolf Hawkins has just debuted. Lots of the stars you know from TCW are not there yet. American Buffalo, The Machines, Rocky Golden are all not a part of TCW.

USPW is just a regional company they haven't been and at this point won't ever be bought out by Sam Strong. Danny Jillefski will have to make a go at it alone. USPW still has Giant Redwood, they still have Jim Force, Captain USA, but they also have some curious names you would not associate wtih them. Hell Monkey, Johnny Bloodstone, Cheetah Boy, etc.

Australia has several very small promotions to choose from that don't have large rosters, talented rosters or very much money but none the less it may be your only shot to play as the Melbourne Wrestling Federation or Southern Hemisphere Wrestling.

21CW is not bought by Jeff Nova yet and MOSC are the actually the largest promotion in the UK. Ring of Fire is a brand new promotion.

There is so much more going on that I don't think I could even list it all.

CREDITS

Nightshadeex and myself want to thank Ray_W, and Aja_nyc for contributing graphics wise for event logos, promotion logos and everything else they have done. I would like to personally thank Comradebot since without me and him attempting this mod years ago I may not have ever been motivated to try and do it again with TEW13. I also want to thank Adam and everyone else who has been involved in any version in any way of the C Verse canon or not.

Enjoy the mod and if you have any errors or questions please either contact Nightshadeex or myself via PM or via a reply here on the board. Enjoy!

EDIT:

As of Febuary 15th this is the most up to date version. Enjoy!

http://www.headdropproductions.com/2005cverse.rar

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much. What a lovely surprise. :D,

That was our intention. Rather than do some bring long drawn out hype we quietly worked away at this until it was ready for release. Anyone who downloads and takes this for a spin please post feedback on any improvements or mistakes so that me or Nightshade can fix them as soon as possible. Thanks for the kind words guys.

That was our intention. Rather than do some bring long drawn out hype we quietly worked away at this until it was ready for release. Anyone who downloads and takes this for a spin please post feedback on any improvements or mistakes so that me or Nightshade can fix them as soon as possible. Thanks for the kind words guys.

It's the best approach, is what I used to do too. :) I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl in the morning, can already see me losing a good few hours of the next few days to this mod. :)

We hope you guys enjoy this. It's going to be enjoyable to play from 2005 on.

Alex Braun's DaVE contract has him as a non wrestler and working color commentary

Got it.

I've made a few more fixes since this went live. I'll upload an update and keep the most up to date version on my web space once a few more fixes come in.

Awesome work guys.

Just opened up the game and noticed that the fountain of youth workers like Roger Cage and Grandmaster Phunk still have their experience. For example Roger Dodger is 23 years old with 15 years of experience.

I've been going through and trying to fix those as I see them, thank you. Keep 'em coming!

Just simmed 13 months (Jan 2007) and PGHW swept all of the major awards

Company of the year

Show of the year

Match of the year

Team of the year (Team Dynasty 2000)

Wrestler of the year (Mito Miwa)

Show of the year included Yoshimi Mushashibo putting on back to back 99 rated matches to win the Elite Series (98 overall show)

will be interesting to see how long it takes for their workers to break down

The Aussie feds are all set to a small maximum size, so hopefully that will allow them to die by the time APW, DIW, and RAW debut. If not, those will kill them.

As for the thing with Marat Khoklov having a French nationality, there are likely going to be a number of European nationalities that do that. I noticed things like Spaniards and Germans having French as their nationality. I changed as many as I noticed, but will be going through that hard, right now.

Edit: Europeans should all have the correct nationality now.

when BP brought to our attention that Khoklov was not only French but a 90 in Sex appeal it made me go back and view some of the other guys in the game. The good news is I just fixed 69 workers to their correct sex appeal. The bad news is that at the very least there is another 286 that need to be taken care at the very least and it may be as much as double that. I have emailed Nightshadeex the list of workers that I have yet to do that I know for a fact need to be done. We should have this done fairly quickly it took me less than an hour to do nearly a 100 names.

It's absolutely awesome that this is out. Just a couple of things I've picked up on so far:

The Sam Keith Classic is set as an event instead of Summer Heatwave in MAW.

Roger Cage is 23 years old but it says he's been a pro for 15 years.

NOTBPW doesn't have a women's division like it does in 2005.

Evil Henchman #1 and #2 are both missing renders.

Thanks for the help. We were aware of Roger Cage's age situation and it will be fixed in the update later today :)

Evil Henchmen 1 and 2 have renders in my data so I'm not sure why they don't in yours. EH1 is Jimmi Addams and the other is Kalvin Addams I have them assigned to those pics in the default data so I'm not sure what is going on there. I will make sure their contracts are also assigned to those pictures.

I had April Appleseed as champion but you're right we didn't have a division for her to be champion of

The Sam Keith Classic will be replaced in today's update. Thanks and any more mistakes please post them so we can get this thing nice and tidy :)

Just had another look and the evil henchmen have renders when I look at their profiles through the worker page but not on UCR's roster page but it's no biggie.

CGC are set to have a Womens division. To my knowledge CGC have never had a womens division.

Akinori Kwakami as the same issue as Roger Cage with him being 24 but a pro for 10 years.(Don't know if you know this already.)