Cornellverse 2005 Mod - RELEASE

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed while playing that there are three "Temporary Data" locations. They will be removed in the next update. Also, each promotion was set to have a Japanese Peace Festival event, which is now a tribute show, that I didn't notice, which will be fixed in the next update as well. More workers will have their movesets assigned, as well, and anything else that pops up.

Just noticed a huge issue. HUGE.

...Joshua Taylor and Tracy Brendon are already married...

Thanks for the hard work guys.

BP first of all thank you this was crazy maddening at times to put together. That being said relationships were pretty confusing, who was dating, who was supposed to be married, who hated who, when did they like each other, etc especially when 60 percent of the workers didn't exists in 2005's version :)

If you point out any more relationships that need changing (especially Japanese) let us know. Thanks guys!

BP first of all thank you this was crazy maddening at times to put together. That being said relationships were pretty confusing, who was dating, who was supposed to be married, who hated who, when did they like each other, etc especially when 60 percent of the workers didn't exists in 2005's version :)

If you point out any more relationships that need changing (especially Japanese) let us know. Thanks guys!

Sorry dude... that was pure sarcasm and I meant to throw a smilie in there to make it clear. I actually wasn't going to mention it, since its very minor.

The thanks in there wasn't sarcasm.

Sorry dude... that was pure sarcasm and I meant to throw a smilie in there to make it clear. I actually wasn't going to mention it, since its very minor.

The thanks in there wasn't sarcasm.

Oh I know it was sarcasm I was just saying that the relationships part isn't 100 percent so if you do run across stuff like this I still wanna fix it. No worries I knew it was sarcasm.

Has anyone had a good go at this? How does it feel?

Bro! I messaged you weeks ago asking for some advice and what not. You didn't get back to me so I figured you were busy injecting Shark testosterone into your buttocks :)

Hmmm... maybe. Been busy, so its possible I completely forgot and got sidetracked with the whole life thing.

But I'd be glad to help out... maybe insure my vision for 2005 Australia is alive and kicking. ;)

Taka Kajiwara and Takayuki Kajiwara are the same person. That is probably the only duplicate since your worker count is one higher than the default data.

How the hell did I miss that? Hahahaha, I was wondering where the extra person was. I went through, set the default data to December 2005, then looked at every age looking for dupes. Somehow, I missed that one. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh I know it was sarcasm I was just saying that the relationships part isn't 100 percent so if you do run across stuff like this I still wanna fix it. No worries I knew it was sarcasm.

Has anyone had a good go at this? How does it feel?

Good good.

I haven't spent any time playing yet. Been helping with another mod, trying to give TCW a run in the default data, plus I always wait to get a proper game going once a mod has been released. I have run two watcher sims through January 2007. Accidentally deleted the first, but there was nothing too odd. TCW seems to drop to Cult but they stay pretty competitive with the SWF.

In the second one I ran, DAVE closed, along with Adelaide and Aussie Pro. DAVE went down at the end of 2006. Doesn't look like they were raided to death, as quite a few of their stars ended up unemployed afterward.

I think the only thing I noted of late - and I'm thinking this is not a mistake but rather intentional - is that Bryan Holmes is set to be a wrestler or road agent.

Does Kikkawa end up taking over INSPIRE when it opens? It's worked for me each time, but I want to see if others have found that, as well.

I've never been totally sure if wrestlers who retire automatically have their preferred roles tweaked, or not, so I tend to set guys that would make good road agents as possible road agents.

Does Kikkawa end up taking over INSPIRE when it opens? It's worked for me each time, but I want to see if others have found that, as well.

I've never been totally sure if wrestlers who retire automatically have their preferred roles tweaked, or not, so I tend to set guys that would make good road agents as possible road agents.

Kikkawa did indeed. Okazaki is the booker. Kikkawa is on a PPA and also working for WLW.

I don't believe they must be set to RA to become an RA. The default CV doesn't have that and it tends to have them retire in roles that make sense. I don't honestly know how much flex there is in there, so I guess there could be some possibility that someone like Holmes could retire and become a commentator or manager... but it just doesn't seem to occur. That said, I can't see Holmes having RA as a possible role have any harm. Just jumped out at me when I noticed it.

Took the save game through to the start of 1998. WEXXV went down. TCW continues to bounce up and down from National to Cult, and they've lost some talent to Supreme. Notably Liberty and Tyson Baine. The biggest differentiation I've noticed is that USPW isn't really moving forward and currently sit as the #19 promotion.

I noticed that Guide, Scout, and Shooter Sean Deeley all have their Star Quality quite a bit below what they were in the 2005 data and what they are in the current C-verse.

Yeah I don't see USPW ever making it big because lets face it before Sam Strong came along they didn't even have a TV deal and after he came along they got Bruce, Liberty, Caulfield, re imagined Tom E Hawk, etc. So I think that as far as 2005 is concerned USPW is an after thought. I will look into the SQ issue thanks BP.

Idolized I would love for you host it on EW warehouse and I will link to it in the opening page when it is hosted. Thank you.

Yeah I don't see USPW ever making it big because lets face it before Sam Strong came along they didn't even have a TV deal and after he came along they got Bruce, Liberty, Caulfield, re imagined Tom E Hawk, etc. So I think that as far as 2005 is concerned USPW is an after thought. I will look into the SQ issue thanks BP.

Pretty much my thought - I don't think there's any way to force the AI to switch owners. You could use narratives to force some changes on the promotion... but that would likely have unpredictable results for what the AI-run promotion would do afterward.

Personally I like that if DAVE does go down, it leaves a spot that won't automatically be filled by USPW. Could be CZCW, NYCW, or maybe even AAA. Or maybe USPW does manage it. I don't think the point of a historical mod should necessarily be to have everything happen exactly as it really did.

Tom E Hawk - aka Nicky Champion - is another guy with SQ that is kinda low. Young talent can see their SQ improve a bit naturally, but its usually only about one level in my experience.