Question about RW mods

This is an update I did of Mr. Canada's data - it's a conversion of an update I did for TEW 2010 with changes made for the most of the new features in TEW 2013 - I've got a three player game going that's lasted 6 months and it's going well :D

It's updated as of late December 2012 for WWE, TNA and ROH (and I think PWG).

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522349

I don't mind calling a spade a spade but as far as the real world mod goes what makes it bad? I haven't given it a go yet and my pc loads this game really fast so the additional workers shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by balance? Will all those crappy workers magically become really good thus creating a glut of really good workers which would in turn make it too easy to put on good matches and angles?

Even if it is crappy anyone who makes mods deserve some credit whether what they release is good or bad and cpt.charisma is a good guy to boot.

I don't mind calling a spade a spade but as far as the real world mod goes what makes it bad? I haven't given it a go yet and my pc loads this game really fast so the additional workers shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by balance? Will all those crappy workers magically become really good thus creating a glut of really good workers which would in turn make it too easy to put on good matches and angles?

Unbalanced mods (in the way I think folks are referring to in this case) make the game ridiculously easy because everyone's stats are inflated. So you have nobodies who are native to micro indy promotions who are rated on par with the best in the world in a given area. Basically it means that there is no relativity and that workers can exist in a vacuum, skill (and overness) wise. Bloated overness leads to people no one's heard of being signed to WWE and immediately pushed as upper midcarders (for example).

Not commenting on the mod since I don't think it's that bad (RaveX back in the day was FAR worse as far as inflated and bloated stats, and I LOVED that mod!) and at least for right now, it's the only game in town. I think that's probably the core issue though. Folks are used to having multiple choices (forlan's T-Zone, MrCanada's data, etc etc) and there has yet to emerge the same level of choice. Perhaps that's because putting these datasets together is work, and thankless work at that?

Unbalanced mods (in the way I think folks are referring to in this case) make the game ridiculously easy because everyone's stats are inflated. So you have nobodies who are native to micro indy promotions who are rated on par with the best in the world in a given area. Basically it means that there is no relativity and that workers can exist in a vacuum, skill (and overness) wise. Bloated overness leads to people no one's heard of being signed to WWE and immediately pushed as upper midcarders (for example).

In your opinion, or anyone else who would like to weigh on this, what should people like a Mike Bennett or Uhaa Nation (Both of whom I believe may end up in the WWE or TNA someday.) have in regards to overness?

I personally do not think it should be high because they are not nationally known to fans who do not watch ROH or Dragon Gate USA but I still do not think their popularity should be so bad that they never get the chance to be signed by the WWE or TNA.

That is always a problem that I have when I try to do mods, trying to figure out popularity. I mean if say Marc Speed was a real life wrestler most people on the East Coast would have no clue as to who he is. Yet in the default data he has the same popularity across the United States. I get why Adam chooses to do it this way but I still wonder if it should be done in other mods.

In your opinion, or anyone else who would like to weigh on this, what should people like a Mike Bennett or Uhaa Nation (Both of whom I believe may end up in the WWE or TNA someday.) have in regards to overness?

I personally do not think it should be high because they are not nationally known to fans who do not watch ROH or Dragon Gate USA but I still do not think their popularity should be so bad that they never get the chance to be signed by the WWE or TNA.

That is always a problem that I have when I try to do mods, trying to figure out popularity. I mean if say Marc Speed was a real life wrestler most people on the East Coast would have no clue as to who he is. Yet in the default data he has the same popularity across the United States. I get why Adam chooses to do it this way but I still wonder if it should be done in other mods.

That's the problem I'm having right now playing a game with data I made myself, my Dallas-based add-on data for Hive's 1994 COTT mod. Most of the local workers, I didn't give much, if any, popularity so that they wouldn't be scooped up by the WWF and WCW three months into the game(down the line, yeah, that I'd be cool with). But it's been over seven months into my game, and a lot of them haven't been scooped up(some I even changed via the in-game editor to work all regions) by even small, regional and local indies, much less the big boys. So I may have to do like Adam in that regard when I make the sequel for justtxyank's 1991 Rising Storms mod.

That's the problem I'm having right now playing a game with data I made myself, my Dallas-based add-on data for Hive's 1994 COTT mod. Most of the local workers, I didn't give much, if any, popularity so that they wouldn't be scooped up by the WWF and WCW three months into the game(down the line, yeah, that I'd be cool with). But it's been over seven months into my game, and a lot of them haven't been scooped up(some I even changed via the in-game editor to work all regions) by even small, regional and local indies, much less the big boys. So I may have to do like Adam in that regard when I make the sequel for justtxyank's 1991 Rising Storms mod.

7 months isn't a long time at all they still work generic indy shows. In TEW13 it is much harder for unknown and young workers to get picked up by the biggest companies due to Fog of War, and if the workers aren't sufficiently scouted (not working enough matches yet) then the AI won't consider them because they fail to meet whatever criteria they have for their signings. The same as if you create a rookie with 100 everything but 0 in scouted stats and he wont show up in the worker filter if you search for great wrestlers.

7 months isn't a long time at all they still work generic indy shows. In TEW13 it is much harder for unknown and young workers to get picked up by the biggest companies due to Fog of War, and if the workers aren't sufficiently scouted (not working enough matches yet) then the AI won't consider them because they fail to meet whatever criteria they have for their signings. The same as if you create a rookie with 100 everything but 0 in scouted stats and he wont show up in the worker filter if you search for great wrestlers.

Well, some of the workers I added are guys who had been wrestling for several years(Kit Carson since 1981, I believe), so I guess that's why I got concerned. :o

So basically what you're saying is, just keep doing what I was doing? And now that you mention Fog of War, I had kept their stats all the way down to 1 so they wouldn't get plucked by WWF and WCW straight away, but I didn't think they'd get passed over by much smaller companies. And not all of them are working the generic indy shows. So I'm wondering if I should up their Fog Of War to say, around 3 or 4. :-/

I'm three years into a game in effganics organic mod. Which isn't real life but it will give you an idea of how fast scouting levels go up. In the first year the workers who began on my roster only worked one show a month in front of and their scouting rank stayed at 1 after 7 shows.

In year two they worked 12 shows averaging 270ish audience a show and by the end of the year they were at rank 2 in some areas of scouting. In ring and entertainment [which is odd because I don't use any angles])

In year three my workers are working 5 shows a month starting at selling out 1000 seat shows in January to selling out 2000 seat shows in May. Its October now and my workers have worked 48 shows total and right now the workers that have started with me from day one almost universally have scouting levels of 2 in ring, 3 entertainment and 2 gimmick.

So if that's what you get after two and a half years I would say an indy worker who's worked seven years would have scouting levels of 6 maybe 7 and that's only if they're working some of the larger indy promotions. People who worker the smaller indies might be at most at scouting level 5 after 7 years.

For anyone who has trouble with the load times in cpt.charisma's dataset, I personally go through and mass delete about 15 of the promotions I don't care about and then I mass delete about 1000 of the workers that aren't doing anything in game. Then a quick mass delete of the majority of friendship relationships makes the data run fast.

I personally like how many promotions are in the mod. It gives the player the choice to do as I do each month.

Archived