January 1997: A year focused on War

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think we'll have this problem with you, but I do ask that you keep in mind how strong WCW and its workers were in 1997 versus the serious slump the WWF was experiencing. I remember how skewed things were in the EWR days in favor of the WWF and in 1997 it's just totally unjustified.

I don't think we'll have this problem with you, but I do ask that you keep in mind how strong WCW and its workers were in 1997 versus the serious slump the WWF was experiencing. I remember how skewed things were in the EWR days in favor of the WWF and in 1997 it's just totally unjustified.

Don't worry I'd say like in Montreal aftermath, the difference between the two is really shown in the mod. In my personal opinion WWF's product sucked right up until lake '97 and WCW's was so much better at this point, infact I remember watching a Nitro and the main event was Luger vs Nash and the commentators talked about not switching the channel as Raw's was Ahmed Johnson vs Crush, I think that shows the difference in quality, Nitro's might not have been the best 'wrestling' ever but two big stars clashing had me hooked over Ahmed Johnson:D. Taker, Bret and HBK were WWF's only big stars at this point and then underneath them was Vader, Vicious, Mankind, Kane etc who were all still 'main eventers' but in terms of popularity a level below and that is shown in the mod :)

Not Kane. He was "Diesel" at this point.

And don't forget Rick Bogner as "Razor Ramon."

Oh yeah sorry I got confused but yeah just trying to explain there's like two tiers to WWF's main event scene. Oh and don't worry Glen Jacobs is set as Fake Diesel and Bogner is fake Razor

Alright then looking to get an early release out maybe as soon as tomorrow morning (UK time) as me and my friend seem to be just going over the same things in testing at this point and we agree on most things, that's the reason for the earlier release so that if yous have a different opinion on something that should be corrected you can say and I'll have more time to correct them whereas if I released the first data in a few weeks when I have exams I probably won't be able to get an update done for a while.

One question on my previous mod I had problems linking promotion logos and title belts specifically just wondering is there any set way to do that like with worker pictures you can do the mass edit thing and link them?

Looking very good, NWAvsWWF, i may very well sign Ax and Smash back to the WWF and push the heck out of them ^^

And it looks like we are going to get this very soon, this is awesome.

Also, a little question: Is a 1998 mod in your plans? Because i'm making one, but if it is in your plans, i'd sure let you do the honors of making the mod, because your mods are great.

And i wish that i was good with pics so i would sure help you with this thing of logos and belts ^^

Looking very good, NWAvsWWF, i may very well sign Ax and Smash back to the WWF and push the heck out of them ^^

And it looks like we are going to get this very soon, this is awesome.

Also, a little question: Is a 1998 mod in your plans? Because i'm making one, but if it is in your plans, i'd sure let you do the honors of making the mod, because your mods are great.

And i wish that i was good with pics so i would sure help you with this thing of logos and belts ^^

Cheers Smasher and yes hopefully tomorrow, just got one more company to update and then hopefully someone can help me with this pictures situation.

I wasn't going to reveal any upcoming plans yet as I won't to make sure this mod gets the proper attention and any updates that are required before moving on to another project but since you asked the next mod on my list was either going to be December 1998 (after survivor series with Rock as corporate champion and before Nash ended the streak at Starrcade) or December 1999 after Austin got put on the shelf, still undecided yet but most likely won't be starting until this mod is totally finished so if you've made some good progress on your 98 mod then you should continue it :)

Cheers Smasher and yes hopefully tomorrow, just got one more company to update and then hopefully someone can help me with this pictures situation.

I wasn't going to reveal any upcoming plans yet as I won't to make sure this mod gets the proper attention and any updates that are required before moving on to another project but since you asked the next mod on my list was either going to be December 1998 (after survivor series with Rock as corporate champion and before Nash ended the streak at Starrcade) or December 1999 after Austin got put on the shelf, still undecided yet but most likely won't be starting until this mod is totally finished so if you've made some good progress on your 98 mod then you should continue it :)

Yes, i have some good progress, is an April 1998 mod, right after Austin won the WWF Championship and tensions started in the nWo...but all eyes on your mod now :)

Following completing the last company to update I stumbled across a section of things which need sorting out so the release has been delayed until tomorrow but will definitely be released then. The picture pack's worker pics have been swapped around, there still the same pics as used in the 96 mod but I've had to change the name of some of the pictures like Hogan's so he has an nWo picture and not the hulkamania picture so remember to download the new picture pack aswell. Since once again only some of the title belts and promotion logos are linking despite everything I've tried I'm just going to have to put them in the pack and then it's up to you as the player to decide if you want to manually link them or not.

Before I even go download this I want to first say thanks for the work you put in. You and other MOD makers don't really get anything for doing this yet you give up your time and little bits of your life to get these things out to the members of this place and everyone whom plays these games.

So from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

Now if you'll excuse me.....GIMME GIMME GIMME!

So i Started a watcher game and the first couple of things.

1-A good number of your promotions don't seem to have a picture synced to it. (ie their logo picture has to be given to them via the editor.)

2- what an interesting choice for the WCW logo. Did they just steal ECWs font?

3-your title belt pictures also are not synced.

4- dojo's also have no pictures

So i Started a watcher game and the first couple of things.

1-A good number of your promotions don't seem to have a picture synced to it. (ie their logo picture has to be given to them via the editor.)

2- what an interesting choice for the WCW logo. Did they just steal ECWs font?

The logos were ones used by Justxyank in his Rising Storms mod so you might have to ask him about the fonts. I said in an earlier post that there has been a large problem with promotions logos linking so many have to be manually linked unfortunately.

On the syncing issue, isn't the problem normally when there are no pictures with a file name that matches up exactly with the file name set for the mod? That seems to be what normally causes the issue. Just throwing a possible reason out there.

On the syncing issue, isn't the problem normally when there are no pictures with a file name that matches up exactly with the file name set for the mod? That seems to be what normally causes the issue. Just throwing a possible reason out there.

Yeah that was the first reason that came to mind but after trying the full name and then once that didn't work, the initials for many of the companies they still didn't link so still waiting to find out what could be causing the problem.

Yeah that was the first reason that came to mind but after trying the full name and then once that didn't work, the initials for many of the companies they still didn't link so still waiting to find out what could be causing the problem.

That's very weird, because your 96 mod(haven't had a chance to download this one yet) was the only one that had that issue. Like I said... weird. :eek:

I'm pretty sure if you link the promotions to the file names manually yourself NWAvsWWF, and then upload the data with the images linked (making sure they are the same images that you make available for the game) then when people download the data and said images, they will be linked for them. Because you've already set the data. That make sense?

Archived