This woulda been my dream game as a kid i believe. I remember having a ring and wrestling figures, having matches with storylines and angles, PPV's, yada yada. I also remember an old dice game with character sheets that was a blast. My imagination could run wild back in those days.

34 y/o now and this game seems like it's completely overwhelming. It might be my next purchase because of all the positive feedback this series gets.

However I need a few selling points from any of you. What exactly goes on in a game like this? How do matches play out? You compete against other organizations or can you run just a single company? Does the game use real wrestlers and promotions or is it all random?

Just a few things I guess.

Responces would be greatly appreciated!

However I need a few selling points from any of you. What exactly goes on in a game like this? How do matches play out? You compete against other organizations or can you run just a single company? Does the game use real wrestlers and promotions or is it all random?

You book matches on a show to show basis, you don't seem them played out just a brief thing telling you how well it was, you can set up storylines between workers. In the stock database their are several companies all over the world ranging from local indies to national powerhouses, the stock database is called the C-Verse, it is a fictional world that has a very rich backstory. If you scroll down to the mods section you will see several mods ranging from 1983-one being worked on right now for march of this year.

A few tips in the time you are waiting to buy, read some diaries, the small questions thread in this section is great to get some advice before you start. Also TEW2005 is free and worth a look at the very least to get some idea of the game though there are several differences between 2005 and 2013, so grab the demo for 2013 and play them side by side. Also if you find it to over whelming a quick google search away will find you EWR a much easier and less involved game made by Adam Ryland back before TEW started that is free.

You're also in charge of managing the business aspect of the company as well as the booking, so you can hire and fire guys and make a few other similar decisions.

Usually you have many promotions run by the AI in addition to the one you're using, but I guess there's no real reason you couldn't just go into the database and delete the others if you really wanted. I don't think it's really meant to be played that way, and half the fun for me is seeing what the AI does with its companies and shows, but I think it would work out okay.

It IS a pretty steep learning curve, but I've found this community to be fairly friendly. The IRC chat and the small questions thread are pretty helpful if you get stuck, and if it's still too much to take in, I second the EWR recommendation.

I don't know if this works for you, but considering I did the same thing with my ring and action figures back in the day, as well as playing DnD... I usually just start a game with either WWE/SWF or I create my own and play until it feels overwhelming, then start over. Kind of pick up things, and realize what you should have done and then go back and play smarter and smarter each time.

Works for me.

Either way, the game is a blast. It completely immerses you. It's never dull. Get the demo, read Small Questions thread and before long you'll have it all figured out.

I don't know if this works for you, but considering I did the same thing with my ring and action figures back in the day, as well as playing DnD.

Good, I wasn't weird in doing the same thing! I built a ring, with rubberbands for ropes, make turnbuckles out of pieces of sock, and set up a fed with Star Wars, DnD, Micronauts etc. action figures. :D

To the OP- play the demo, I think you will like it. I am hooked on TEW now, all my saves in other games have been cooling for a couple months at least. Adam built a winner, here.

I don't know if this works for you, but considering I did the same thing with my ring and action figures back in the day, as well as playing DnD... I usually just start a game with either WWE/SWF or I create my own and play until it feels overwhelming, then start over. Kind of pick up things, and realize what you should have done and then go back and play smarter and smarter each time.

Works for me.

Either way, the game is a blast. It completely immerses you. It's never dull. Get the demo, read Small Questions thread and before long you'll have it all figured out.

The latter of Brother Jonesy's suggestions sounds like what I do when I'm playing. I run what I call "training feds". They are overfunded micro-indies that I run with semi-realistic economics to try and build the underbelly of the C-Verse up and get them noticed well enough to get regular jobs in default promotions. As a result, I tend to encounter larger features associated with bigger companies only after I'm mentally prepared for them. And I've been playing this way since since midway through TEW 2008's life cycle. I have a pre-written explanation of my training fed rules that I've shared with others sitting in reserve on my hard drive. If you decide you want them, just say the word and I'll pass them along. You won't see much of the glamour talent playing my way but it would be a good way to shrink the learning curve.

I can't seem to install the mod correctly. Any step by step instructions. I did the steps the game said to do but its not working!

Which mod are you using? Well, the process is the same for all of them, so here it goes. Go to the editor, select "create a new database" then exit the game, copy the data of the download into C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\TEW2013\Databases/Mod in question. Then open the game go to the editor, edit your database, chose the picture pack you want, and that stuff, and then you're ready to go. Hope that helped.

make sure you are running in admin mode, go into the editor, go to create database, name it whatever you want for example purposes we will call it rw. After you do this exit the game and open up the zip file, it should have one file in it copy that to C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\TEW2013\Databases\rw(or what ever you called it) then re open the game and click on databases and select the rw(or whatever you named it) it should now be loaded up.

For pics, when you created the database it should have created a pic folder to so goto C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\TEW2013\pictures\rw then just copy the contents of the zip files over to the designated folders. Re open the game and go into editor-edit database-database info then from the pull down menu select the rw option and save. You should then be all set to play

I have a pre-written explanation of my training fed rules that I've shared with others sitting in reserve on my hard drive.

I would be interested in seeing these if possible please. This sounds like a fun way to play small companies.

Archived