RayW's "Into The Grey" Skin

NB: This is a hype thread at the moment, but will become a release thread upon completion.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome. I'm not giving an ETA on completion as I'm working on this in my spare time, and can't commit to a date as such.

Title Screen

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/RayW1986/Skin/title.jpg

Workers Screen

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/RayW1986/Skin/characters.jpg

Thanks. Work on this is going quite slow at the moment but its coming along. I'll post more screens tomorrow.

The title screen was inspired by the Football Manager series of games. Glad you like it. :)

Thanks. Work on this is going quite slow at the moment but its coming along. I'll post more screens tomorrow.

The title screen was inspired by the Football Manager series of games. Glad you like it. :)

I was wondering why it had such a professional look. :D

Really looking forwart to this. I think it will be the first skin I prefer to the original.

Only thing that seems a little off is the huge Hogan-ish render that dominates the title screen. If you could put the exact same screen in without the big guy as an alternative version, it would look fantastic in my opinion. :)

Only thing that seems a little off is the huge Hogan-ish render that dominates the title screen. If you could put the exact same screen in without the big guy as an alternative version, it would look fantastic in my opinion. :)

Agreed, not a big fan of "the Hogan." The rest looks great though!

The Hogan type character was inspired by the Football Manager title screen, where they have a "generic" football manager on it, but his face unseen, as shown below (for those that don't know it):

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51aRArwjtRL._AA300_.jpg

However, I'm not opposed to removing the Hogan image, so I will make the default a blank title screen, with the Hogan one as a alternate. :)

I kinda dig the Hogan. I like that its a render and I got the FM reference (which might be way I dig it). One of the first things I thought of when I saw that was that it was definitely Hogan but it could also be vintage Sam Strong...

You might go a little more FM with the title screen. Shove Hogan/Strong to the left and try and overlay the logo, perhaps? Or even just flipping the logo to the other side and keep Hulk/Sam to the left? Just spit balling here really. KUTGW :)

I love the layout, especially how Name, Gender, etc go from black to grey to black to help them all pop out.

Well agreed. For once I actually don't mind the default skin, but visual separation of information such as what you've got here is a huge plus.

I will note that with the logo being where it is on the title screen, it causes one's eyes to be drawn to the Hulkster's junk more than anything else. Although I find that pretty funny so don't have any issues leaving it how it is :)

Well agreed. For once I actually don't mind the default skin, but visual separation of information such as what you've got here is a huge plus.

I will note that with the logo being where it is on the title screen, it causes one's eyes to be drawn to the Hulkster's junk more than anything else. Although I find that pretty funny so don't have any issues leaving it how it is :)

Hulkster's junk has a magnetic pull anyway. :p

Really like how this skin looks thus far, I too am not really a fan of having Hogan on the title screen. I mean it looks fine but as someone who primarily is a C-Verse guy it just doesn't make a lot of sense for me to be playing a game with the C-Verse when Hogan is on the title screen of the Skin.

I know this might come off as picky but it's just my preference.

Really like how this skin looks thus far, I too am not really a fan of having Hogan on the title screen. I mean it looks fine but as someone who primarily is a C-Verse guy it just doesn't make a lot of sense for me to be playing a game with the C-Verse when Hogan is on the title screen of the Skin.

I know this might come off as picky but it's just my preference.

This is part of the reason I disliked it. The other part quoted below is what I had in mind after seeing the title screen for FM.

You might go a little more FM with the title screen. Shove Hogan/Strong to the left and try and overlay the logo, perhaps? Or even just flipping the logo to the other side and keep Hulk/Sam to the left? Just spit balling here really. KUTGW :)

I'd go with the image of real person instead just like the FM title screen.

I'd go with the image of real person instead just like the FM title screen.

I tried this to start with. The problem I had was finding an image of a real person that wasn't wearing very specific tights. Believe it or not the "Hogan" image I used was the most generic one. If anyone knows of any (high quality) images of someone just wearing black tights or something similar, please let me know, as that would be preferable to me also. Thanks.

I tried this to start with. The problem I had was finding an image of a real person that wasn't wearing very specific tights. Believe it or not the "Hogan" image I used was the most generic one. If anyone knows of any (high quality) images of someone just wearing black tights or something similar, please let me know, as that would be preferable to me also. Thanks.

How about from the waist up instead, like the Football Manager cover it takes inspiration from? (Aaand it would sidestep the "here's a dude's crotch next to the logo" issue as well, just saying... :D)

How about from the waist up instead, like the Football Manager cover it takes inspiration from? (Aaand it would sidestep the "here's a dude's crotch next to the logo" issue as well, just saying... :D)

Yeah. I'll try that.

Archived