<p>lol. yea? so what?</p><p> </p><p>

We all play years into the future. </p><p> </p><p>

The amount of crazy detail put into all the games would make me expect that this is something that should be fixed. I'd imagine it's just an alteration of the AI hiring to hire based on age and potential.</p><p> </p><p>

Luckily we can have it so companies sign based on age but there isn't an option for potential. I guess i could change it so it hires for B star quality but the contracts are never developmental which bothers me.</p>

They DO sign development contracts, but the AI is not like most human players who raid the market and have 20+ guys on development contracts, and so WWE having enough workers already under dev deals to populate an entire company themselves would see them not signing more development deals.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wolfie" data-cite="Wolfie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36114" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think you misunderstand, he is saying he has never seen this happen, as in they DO put them in to Dev contracts. I'm very sure mine dose to but I confess not to tracking it or anything.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, that's what I meant. </p><p> </p><p> I've mostly tried long-term sims on the C-verse and from what I've noted, the companies with develompental promotions do sign new talent to developmental contracts as needed. But its <em>as needed</em>. In the C-verse, there are only 3 developmental promotions and they are all pretty small. So the AI isn't going to load them up with 30 developmental workers. A human user might, but the AI won't. So it seems like the AI will mostly wait until there is an opening before they sign someone new.</p><p> </p><p> So what I was basically asking is if there are already a large number of developmental workers under contract. Because if there is, that would likely prevent the AI from adding new ones. They will gradually release some of those - or not renew. But if this is a current day mod, WWE developmental probably starts with 30-50 workers. So its gonna take a long time to drop to a point where the AI sees the need to add more developmetental talent. The AI won't due developmental purges the way that the WWE does either. If this is the case with teh situation you are seeing, its not a bug or something that needs to be fixed. Rather, its the AI handling things in a way that is logical for AI and that doesn't match what the WWE does.</p>

<p>Ok?</p><p> </p><p>

I don't mean any disrespect for disagreeing. I hope i'm wrong but i've been playing this game non stop for a long time and i have never seen the A.I. sign wrestlers to dev contracts.</p><p> </p><p>

Does anyone know how i can get this working in the editor? Make owners or companies do this more? I don't see any option for this anywhere.</p><p> </p><p>

They sign wrestlers to developmental companies but never to developmental contracts and then brought up to main promotion. I've never seen it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36114" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, that's what I meant. <p> </p><p> I've mostly tried long-term sims on the C-verse and from what I've noted, the companies with develompental promotions do sign new talent to developmental contracts as needed. But its <em>as needed</em>. In the C-verse, there are only 3 developmental promotions and they are all pretty small. So the AI isn't going to load them up with 30 developmental workers. A human user might, but the AI won't. So it seems like the AI will mostly wait until there is an opening before they sign someone new.</p><p> </p><p> So what I was basically asking is if there are already a large number of developmental workers under contract. Because if there is, that would likely prevent the AI from adding new ones. They will gradually release some of those - or not renew. But if this is a current day mod, WWE developmental probably starts with 30-50 workers. So its gonna take a long time to drop to a point where the AI sees the need to add more developmetental talent. The AI won't due developmental purges the way that the WWE does either. If this is the case with teh situation you are seeing, its not a bug or something that needs to be fixed. Rather, its the AI handling things in a way that is logical for AI and that doesn't match what the WWE does.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I use real world and everytime WWE brings everyone up the nxt roster is depleted of dev contracts and they don't sign any new ones. The company just signs regular contracted workers that don't get brought up. </p><p> </p><p> Is nxt too large of a company in this scenario for the way it's programmed??</p>

<p>Lessee...I wonder what would happen if you make a developmental territory have contradictory hiring rules (no older than 30/younger than 20). Would they get populated with developmental contracts? Also, I assume if you put, say, a max-popularity Greg Gauge in development and nuked SWF's roster, he'd get called up.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, lol @ 30 developmental workers. You stop at thirty?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eidenhoek" data-cite="Eidenhoek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36114" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Lessee...I wonder what would happen if you make a developmental territory have contradictory hiring rules (no older than 30/younger than 20). Would they get populated with developmental contracts? Also, I assume if you put, say, a max-popularity Greg Gauge in development and nuked SWF's roster, he'd get called up.<p> </p><p> Also, lol @ 30 developmental workers. You stop at thirty?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My new thing in 2013 now is to give out tons of dev contracts on what I think of as extended tryouts of 3-6 months and since we can now see how much they can improve, I will keep the ones who can grow more, and won't be stuck with a ton of guys under contract who can't get better. So in a year I might have 20-30 people just on passing contracts, not including long term deals</p>

The AI doesn't do what the WWE does in real life (and a lot of human players do too), which is to sign everyone to development deals. The AI is designed to be a lot more economical with them, meaning that they will generally only sign people with some potential to development deals in the first place and/or people who go through their dojo. So the AI will NEVER naturally end up with a development roster of 40 people, but they will generally have a bunch of good prospects down there that will shape up quite nicely and usually stick on the main roster too.

If there aren't many free agents at a level the AI likes the look of then it's perfectly reasonable for the AI to not sign people to development. A lot of that will come from the mod you are using too, as potential will often come in the form of high entertainment and camera skills, which is something that is often lower in non-default Cornellverse mods in general, while also having room to improve in other areas. Particularly in real world mods, you get a lot of people with higher top rows (minimal room for improvement) and lower entertainment/camera skills, leading to the AI having fewer prospects to sign as development has a far lower chance of actually having an effect. Similarly, with the WWE roster being so huge to start with they generally don't need to sign people as they are overloaded on both the main and development rosters, so they are unlikely to need to sign anyone, leading to very few development deals being dished out until the numbers are better balanced.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36114" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The AI doesn't do what the WWE does in real life (and a lot of human players do too), which is to sign everyone to development deals. The AI is designed to be a lot more economical with them, meaning that they will generally only sign people with some potential to development deals in the first place and/or people who go through their dojo. So the AI will NEVER naturally end up with a development roster of 40 people, but they will generally have a bunch of good prospects down there that will shape up quite nicely and usually stick on the main roster too.<p> </p><p> If there aren't many free agents at a level the AI likes the look of then it's perfectly reasonable for the AI to not sign people to development. A lot of that will come from the mod you are using too, as potential will often come in the form of high entertainment and camera skills, which is something that is often lower in non-default Cornellverse mods in general, while also having room to improve in other areas. Particularly in real world mods, you get a lot of people with higher top rows (minimal room for improvement) and lower entertainment/camera skills, leading to the AI having fewer prospects to sign as development has a far lower chance of actually having an effect. Similarly, with the WWE roster being so huge to start with they generally don't need to sign people as they are overloaded on both the main and development rosters, so they are unlikely to need to sign anyone, leading to very few development deals being dished out until the numbers are better balanced.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Ok i'll rebuild the world to test this out but even so if you are right then it still is something that should be tweaked or looked at.</p><p> </p><p> In a worker's "Business" section it gives options for preferred roster size so the fact that huge rosters are an option i would think that developmental contracts would be high to keep a huge roster going. I noticed on a couple run throughs that when WWE ended up losing or dumping guys they did all the call ups but still kept zero to low numbers of devs in NXT/FCW. </p><p> </p><p> It's a small thing in a very well made game but i wish it were adjusted or atleast given an option for the user to adjust the A.I. </p><p> </p><p> I might be alone in this but i really enjoy the development of workers and playing really deep into the future.</p>

<p>One thing to consider... Adam created the game using the C-Verse, not the real world. Now, if companies in the C-Verse sign wrestlers to developmental deals and it is not the case in real world mods, then it is an issue with the real world mod and not the game itself. If companies in the C-Verse don't sign guys to developmental deals as well, then it is an issue with the game itself.</p><p> </p><p>

Some of the complaints (using that term loosely), look like they might be being pointed in the wrong direction. I don't know personally as I haven't played the game for too long game time and haven't noticed it either way.</p>

My main issue with developmental promotions in mod set-up has been working out how many PPA contracts the developmental promotion needs itself. What tends to happen is guys get called up and the child promotion fills the gaps with PPA workers... anyone got a clue how I work out how many they need first? I would have put this in the small questions thread but I figure as its being talked about anyway...

My point is it really shouldn't be.

A child companies first mission should be to "develop" wrestlers for the parent right? That'd fall under developmental contracts. Every time i've played through the child company never gets new developmental wrestlers for the parent. I can understand in an organic random enviornment that a child company could in theory just completely stop w/ devs and only go w/ PPA's or have a nice mix but i can't seem to get an experience where dev contracts are the focus or majority years in.

I can blame that on the mods but it just seems like it's built into the programming for the A.I. to not sign dev contracts. I'm hoping i'm wrong and can adjust it to be more of a normal thing in the games i play but idk.

Genadi 2003 mod I have seen WWE sign dev deals with ppl and send them to OVW all the time. They would usually poach one of my companies to do it. This mod was made for tew 2010 but I converted it I don't know if that made a difference but it has always been consistant. Maybe it is the mod. If your WWE is not built to have "Large rosters" and your NXT is not built to have "Large Rosters" than they will hire with their wallet instead of trying to look out for the future.

Speaking of developmental companies:

1) do they make new championships on their own?

2) if they don't, how can I make the new championships for NXT (I'm running WWE so I don't directly control NXT) in the game I'm currently running? (I don't mean in the out-of-game editor though)

Speaking of developmental companies:

1) do they make new championships on their own?

2) if they don't, how can I make the new championships for NXT (I'm running WWE so I don't directly control NXT) in the game I'm currently running? (I don't mean in the out-of-game editor though)

You have 0 control of who their champion is. Im pretty sure anyone in tjhe child promotion can be the champ even your dev guys

Archived