[Effverse: NRFPT] Am I ready for Prime Time?

I guess I might as well start this by saying Thank You for I effin rule for making this mod. You see, I have always loved the idea of starting something from the beginning and see how it evolves and Organic Effverse let me do just that and as a result it has been one of my favorite mods ever since I started playing TEW. One of the only things that I didn´t like about it was how long it would take to have decent chance to grew any promotion on a cult status and Not Ready For Prime Time fix that one nicely, while still allowing me to start from the very beginning. Because of this I decided that I just need to at least try to make a diary game out of this mod, so here it is. Before I continue any further let me say that this will be a side project and thus will likely be updated pretty infrequently.

Now before I start I give few basic rules/guidelines/what-ever-you-want-to-call -them that I plan to follow this time:

[*]New Worker Frequency turned to very high at the start, once there is about 12 male wrestlers from each game area the frequency is turned to medium where it will hopefully stay for the rest of the game.

[*]I will play as Grand Avatar (I changed him to non-wrestler and will use his as personality, he can´t never have any other role in the company.)

[*]I will start the game unemployed but I can apply any opening booking position.

[*]I won´t limit myself just to single company, if I get bored to run a company, or get fired or just find another interesting position I can and will apply for other jobs.

[*]Owner goals are on and stay that way. If I get fired because I fail owner goal then I just need to find new job.

[*]I will provide news around the world monthly even when I´m running one of the companies. I will basically tell any new hiring, firings, title changes, company relationship changes etc. Since most of the workers are computer generated, I will also post their basic scouting stats when worker is signed by a company (once the scouting levels get higher I probably drop this one but it should take quite some time).

[*]I did change all the random images so that they can be used multiple times. This is because I rather see same alt for three different guys than having guys with no alt at all. I try to avoid having two guys with same alt in any promotion I run to avoid confusion.

[*]Once I get a company to book, I will give recaps to the shows I run and likely talk a little bit about why I´m booking the way I did. I still give monthly news about what happens elsewhere too.

[*]There won´t be any prediction contests on this one as it´s just a side project plus picking guys would be pretty hard since you don´t know anything about them anyway.

[*]The way I present this will likely change at times since I´m not yet sure what would be the best method to present a game world that is mostly build from computer generated guys that no-one knows. Also if anyone who reads this has any suggestions about what you like to see more/less, what could be done better etc. just let me know.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>January 1980:</p><p> </p><p>

-TPW made a PPV deal with AmeriSport.</p><p> </p><p>

- Orchid won TPW women title in Sunday week 1 (PPV)</p><p> </p><p>

- Shinsuke won TPW United States title in Sunday week 1 (PPV)</p><p> </p><p>

- VooDude and Sean Maverick won TPW tag titles in Sunday week 1 (PPV)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Eh, don´t understand that choice for tag team champs. They have three existing teams (two with experience) and VooDude is an opener while Sean Maverick is lower midcarder so I would think there would have been better options for the belts(tag belts are flouting in TPW) . Not to mention that Sean could have teamed with his brother Nelson (though one starts as heel while another is face). Also the main event belt is still vacant, how they managed to put all three lesser belts in PPV show and not find a place with the main belt is kind of odd. Orchid wouldn´t have been my first choice as Women champ either, though that just me. At least Shinsuke is good choice as United States champ.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

February 1980:</p><p> </p><p>

- TPW signs Titan Factory (their own dojo) graduate Paris Young. Young is 20 years old, style: Cruiserweight, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: weak, heel: average, decent personality.</p><p> </p><p>

- TPW signs Titan Factory graduate Raul York. York is 19 years old, style: Spot Monkey, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: strong, heel: strong, personality looks ok at first sign though he is antisocial.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Young looks like a good prospect with strong on both in-ring and physical, though he´s lack of entertainment and bad face rating might mean that he could do better in performance over popularity promotion which TPW isn´t. York, well do be honest I don´t expect much for him but we will see.</em></p><p> </p><p>

- Jay Synn wins the vacant TPW world title in Monday week 1 (TV show).</p><p> </p><p>

- There are constant news that TPW is looking to add guys on their roster yet for some reason they don´t sign Moore Correira (American, 18 years old, regular wrestler) who would be available. There´s no hiring rules set for them so I´m kind of lost why he isn´t signed?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

April 1980:</p><p> </p><p>

- TPW signs Titan Factory graduate Leo Orton. Orton is 18 years old, style: brawler, size: lightweight, In Ring and performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: strong and seems to have good personality too. He´s also protage of Bishop Black (one of TPW´s main guys).</p><p> </p><p>

- TPW signs Titan Factory graduate Jerry DeVille. DeVille is 19 years old, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Super Heavyweight, In Ring and performance: Strong, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: strong, good personality.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Both graduates look like useful roster members for me, strong/strong on In-Ring/Physical always gets my attention (though lightweight brawler is little bit odd combination) and DeVille is super Heavyweight who has strong in-ring skills so he should be useful too assuming that he has decent stamina to go over six minutes matches.</em></p><p> </p><p>

- TPW still aren´t signing any new workers despite the news informing that they are looking for more talent. There´s second American based worker available so perhaps they are looking something else than male wrestlers? They do have a women division with only five women so maybe they are looking someone to fill in there? There´s no-one who they could even possibly sign there yet so guess we have to wait and see.</p><p> </p><p>

- 85 years old Joe Boone retires from wrestling business.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

June 1980:</p><p> </p><p>

- TPW signs Titan Factory graduate Floyd Lauzon. Lauzon is 19 years old, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: strong, heel: strong. Layzon is egoistical and selfish so might be bad backstage presence.</p><p> </p><p>

- Not exactly important but TPW now has new tag team when Leo Orton and Jackie Flash was teamed together. No idea why they would pair those two as TPW is supposed to have women division not integrated division. Other than that AI has actually done good job with its tag division as they paired Mavericks and Native American Express back together while keeping New Order Of Wrestling and HalloWicked together as well, giving them four teams with E+ or higher tag experience. Of course VooDude and Sean Maverick are still tag champs (they had made seven defenses so far) so it´s not all good.</p>

July 1980:

- Chicago Style Wrestling (CSW, small sized company, based in America, the name kind of gives that one a way, I guess :p) opened. Owner is Madalane Demers, 19 years old women wrestler from Canada who debut just last month. Demers is Technician and is small sized. In Ring and performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: weak, heel: average. She might actually be rather good though she is horrible babyface. Still she is sure to be a useful addition to CSW´s women division since there isn´t much to choose from. I applied to head booker position but Brian Angurr got it instead so guess I have to wait longer before I get to book anything.

- Here´s everyone who CSW signed in the first month:

Main event:

- Douglas Bryson, Age: 25, style: Technician, size: Middlewight, In Ring and performance: Strong, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: strong, heel: strong. Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): D-

- Micah Stark (Better known as Jay Synn who is TPW´s current World Heavyweight champion ), Age: 30, style: Brawler, size: Big Heavyweight, In Ring: average, Performance:average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: strong. Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): D+

Upper Midcard:

- Big Ray Dubya, Age: 38, style: Brawler, Size: Super Heavyweight, In Ring: weak, Performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: strong. Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): E+

- Shinsuke, Age: 24, style: Japanese Junior, Size: Lightweight, In Ring: average, Performance: average, Physical: strong, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: strong, heel: average. Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): D

Midcard:

- Puppet Master, Age: 40, style: Entertainer, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: strong, face: average, heel: strong. Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): E

- Reto Anderhub, Age: 40, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: weak, heel: strong. Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): E+

- Warhammer (Andre Oliver), Age: 29, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: strong, heel: strong. Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): E

Lower Midcard:

- Jerry Deville, Age: 19, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Super Heavyweight, In Ring and performance: Strong, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: strong, Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): F-

- Charlie Lane, Age: 19, style: Technician, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: strong, face: weak, heel: strong, Popularity in Great Lakes (CSW´s home area): F-

Opener:

- Paris Young, Age: 20, style: Cruiserweight, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: weak, heel: average, Popularity in Great Lakes: F-

Women Division:

- Madalane Demers, Age: 19 Style: Technician, Size: small. In Ring and performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: weak, heel: average, Popularity in Great Lakes: F-, owner.

- Foxy Faye, Age: 22 Style: Entertainer, Size: lightweight. In Ring: weak, Performance: Weak, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: strong, face: strong, heel: strong, Popularity in Great Lakes: F+

- Jackie Flash, Age: 30 Style: Entertainer, Size: small. In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: strong, heel: strong, Popularity in Great Lakes: E

- Orchid, Age: 20 Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: small. In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: average, Popularity in Great Lakes: E-

- Sara Tonen, Age: 19 Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Very small. In Ring: average, Performance: Strong, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: strong, face: strong, heel: strong, Popularity in Great Lakes: E

- Scarlet Rose, Age: 27 Style: Technician, Size: Lightweight. In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: strong, Popularity in Great Lakes: E-

Non-wrestlers:

- Albert Guida, Announcer, Age: 20

- Bradley Boone, Road Agent, Age 32, head booker of TPW

- Brian Angurr, manager, Age:52, head booker

- Danny Cool, referee, age: 21

- Isaac King, Colour Commentator, age: 38

- James Vanderberg, manager, Age: 51

Unsurprisingly most of these work also in TPW (actually everyone expect Madalane Demers, Charlie Lane, Albert Guida, Brian Angurr and Danny Cool). They also signed every women wrestler that they could as there just isn´t anyone else available in America right now. As for male wrestlers, other than the low number (only ten?) the only real surprise to me was that CSW signed three of the older guys in TPW´s roster in Big Ray Dubya, Puppet Master and Reto Anderhub. Personally I wouldn´t have signed Warhammer either since he´s bad backstage influence but I guess AI don´t really have to care about that. I would also have thought that Stark and Shinsuke would have been too over to sign with small promotion but guess not.

- CSW also signed El Espiritu Negro, who is better known as SKEEM (or The Halloweenie in TPW) but he left the company right after the first show because of payment dispute without ever wrestling a match to them (How he can have a payment dispute when he haven´t worked with them yet? :p).

- Douglas Bryson won CSW Championship (their main belt) at CSW´s first show.

Interesting to see that Vandenburg didn't form CSW. He is set to preferred and in only a few play throughs have I seen him not take it. Plus with Angurr getting the booker spot, that might keep him out of OPW's owner's chair. Definitely looks like the makings of an interesting scenario going forth.

Interesting to see that Vandenburg didn't form CSW. He is set to preferred and in only a few play throughs have I seen him not take it. Plus with Angurr getting the booker spot, that might keep him out of OPW's owner's chair. Definitely looks like the makings of an interesting scenario going forth.

I was quite suprised to see compter generated wrestler to take over CSW too as I remember Vanderburg being the one who took the owner position in my test run (and he started a hostile relation with TPW right from the start).

I was planning to run CSW myself so Angurr getting the book wasn´t good thing for me, but it´s not end of the world either, I just need to find another promotion to run and on the plus side, this lets the world develop a little bit faster on the start as things will definitely slow down a little bit after I get booking position somewhere. :)

August 1980

- TPW continues its policy on signing graduates from Titan Factory, this time they sign two new guys. First one is Nathan Tanner, Age: 21, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Big Heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong. Tanner looks like potential backstage cancer.

- Second signee is Austin Murdoch, Age: 18, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Light Heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Average.

- Flying Claw wins TPW United States belt from Shinsuke. Shinsuke managed to get 11 defenses before dropping the belt. Shinsuke is now main eventer in TPW so I guess they wanted him to drop the midcard belt because of that.

- TPW fire Raul York to reduce their roster size. York had a very short career in TPW as he signed with them only in February 1980 after graduating from Titan dojo. York had 16 matches in TPW (half in pre-shows) and lost all of them with two D- matches being the best rating wise.

- Flying Claw´s title reign was pretty short one as Battle Axe becomes the new TPW United States champ. Flying Claw manages to get just one successful defense before losing the belt, not even being able to hold it for a month.

I wasn´t really sure why AI did put the belt on Claw to begin with considering that he was lower midcard guy at that time and least over from the guys TPW started with. Battle Axe should be a good champ though, he´s one of those monster heel guys and is currently upper midcarder.

- Foxy Faye won CSW Womens title on their second show. CSW Tag Team and Windy City (midcard singles belt) are still vacant at this time.

September 1980:

- Foxy Faye got her second title in a short time as TPW put their women´s title on her. Orchid managed to defend her belt 12 times before dropping the belt.

- As a side note, remember when I said that TPW has made good job on their tag division as they had put together four teams with good tag experience? Well you can forget that as only The Native American Express is still active. Another fun fact is that VooDude, one half of current tag champs is now in a tag team. Not with Sean Maverick who holds the tag belts with him but with Wrestle Man. At least they have defended their titles nine times so the titles are actually defended every once-in-a-while.

October 1980:

- Jose Slater is the newest Titan Factory graduate and also the newest member of TPW´s roster. Age: 21, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Average.

- Biggest news this month is that Celestino Lope Primo (35 years old colour commentator from Mexico) founded Guerreros de la Lucha Libre de Mexico (GLLM). I´m don´t know much about Mexico´s wrestling scene so I decided to not to ably as head booker there. GLLM is small sized promotion.

- With the signing of Jose Slater, TPW fired Floyd Lauzon in order to keep their roster size on balance. Lauzon was in TPW from June 1980 and he only had a total of 7 matches with highest rating being E+ during his time there.

- Hellbringer takes the head booker job on GLLM.

- GLLM signed every wrestler available to them with the expectation of El Espiritu II, Gideon The Luchadore, Puppet Master and SKREEM (Halloweenie in TPW) who all work in TPW. I assume the reason that they weren´t signed is that they are all based in USA and AI don´t seem to recruit active wrestlers outside of promotions home country/area so for example UK based promotion will recruit English, Irish and Scottish wrestlers but won´t sign any Norwegian or French guys even if they would be available (at least not when the promotion is regional or smaller I haven´t tested with cult or above promotions). This means that right now GLLM has 13 active wrestlers in their roster and cannot have any more until more guys debut.

- Here´s a quick rundown on their roster, I didn´t bother to put current push levels here as other than Hellbringer (E popularity in Mexico) none of these guys don´t have any overness:

- Benito Montero, Age: 20, Style: Luchador, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong.

- Diego Dominquez, Age: 19, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Diego Herrera, Age: 20, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Eugenio Herrera, Age: 21, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Light heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong.

- Federico Soler, Age: 20, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Light Heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Strong, Face: Strong, Heel: average

- Hellbringer Age: 31, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Strong, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong, head booker.

- Javier Arias, Age: 18, Style: Luchador, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Weak.

- Jose Cabrera, Age: 18, Style: Luchador, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong.

- Juan Blanco, Age: 20, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Strong, Face: Strong, Heel: Average.

- Leonardo Marcos, Age: 20, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Marcos Reyes, Age: 21, Style: Brawler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Weak.

- Rafael Ramirez, Age: 19, Style: Luchador, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Weak, Face: Average, Heel: Strong.

- Raul Suarez, Age: 20, Style: Luchador, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Weak, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

Non-wrestlers:

- Celestino Lope Primo, Age: 35, Colour Commentator, owner.

- Cristobal Gutierrez, age: 19, Announcer.

- Lorenzo Arias, Age: 28, Road Agent

- Tomas Lopez, age:20, Referee

- Warhammer won CSW Windy City title at Tuesday week 3.

- GLLM hold their first show (got E rating not bad considering that no-one didn´t have any overness in there) and crowned two champions.

- Federico Soler won GLLM Wrestling Spirit title (low level belt).

- Raul Suarez won GLLM Campeon de Crucero GLLM title (floating title).

Nice, Zergon, can't wait to see when you apply for a job! by the way, I heard about this company opening up in 1981 called...ehmmm, let me look in my papers, ah! Its "Olympus Power Wrestling"! Might want try there when it opens!

Also, am I....I mean, is D. Bone still working for Ms. Loomis over at Titan Pro?

Nice, Zergon, can't wait to see when you apply for a job! by the way, I heard about this company opening up in 1981 called...ehmmm, let me look in my papers, ah! Its "Olympus Power Wrestling"! Might want try there when it opens!

Also, am I....I mean, is D. Bone still working for Ms. Loomis over at Titan Pro?

I´m actually in February 1981 at this game (I´m just little behind of posting) and I did apply for OPW but sadly I didn´t get that job. I however did get a job from GCW. I would have preferred American based company so that I could have used some of those existing colourful characters but right now GCW will do. :)

Oh and yes, Daniel Bone is still in TPW though he signed with OPW too and actually became their first God of Wrestling champion.

November 1980:

- Way of the Warrior (WotW)open in Japan. WotW is small sized touring promotion though it doesn´t have owner yet. Again, I´m not really interested on booking them as its performance over popularity promotion so I´m going to pass that one.

- Jerry DeVille leaves CSW after a huge argument. DeVille didn´t have a long career there as he was signed in July 1980. At least he still works in TPW…

- ..But not for long as just few days later DeVille was fired from TPW as cost cutting measure. Tough month for him and not much hope to find a job until another American based promotion opens.

- Tom Esch (Age: 41, Road Agent) takes control of WotW at the end of the month. Good thing as I feared that they would just sit there with no owner for a long time.

December 1980:

- Javier Arias becomes the first ever Campeon Mundial de Complete GLLM champion (their main event belt).

- TPW signs yet another graduate, this time it´s Samuel Gibson, Age: 20, Style: Entertainer, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong.

- I did set worker generation as medium for now. Might be little bit early but let´s see about that. There´s about 12 active wrestlers per area and that at least allows AI to run shows with any local/small promotion that happens to come in there. Medium setting gives about one new guy per area for every second month so about 5 – 6 guys should be added next year on each area so assuming there´s no more than one promotion per area it should be ok. Then again I have no idea where and when promotions pop up but if there starts to be lack of active wrestlers then I just put the generation back to very high.

- Austin Murdock is the latest casualty of TPW´s firings. Murdock debuted in TPW in August 1980 and had total of 10 matches (all losses) during his stay.

- GLLM fills their roster as they sign Humberto Menendez, Age: 21, Style: Entertainer, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- GLLM also signs another rookie in Eduardo Medina, Age: 20, Style: Luchador, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Weak, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Average.

- WotW signed every available male wrestler in Japan (with the exception of Shinsuke) getting total of 14 guys. No doubt they will sign some debuting guys to fill their roster in the future. Here is their current roster:

Active Wrestlers:

- Hiroji Irie, Age: 20, Style: Puroresu Style, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong.

- Hisaki Obinata, Age: 19, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Super Heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Masashige Okabe, Age: 19, Style: Japanese Junior, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Motoyasy Makino, Age: 20, Style: Puroresu Style, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Nobuyoshi Okano, Age: 21, Style: Japanese Junior, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Average, Heel: Strong.

- Sadahike Shimedzu Age: 20, Style: Japanese Junior, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Shigetake Akaike, Age: 21, Style: Japanese Junior, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Weak, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Shumkichi Shimura, Age: 21, Style: Entertainer, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Weak, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Average.

- Shunsuke Ebisawa, Age: 21, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Heavyweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong.

- Tadayuki Ichisada, Age: 19, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Tamotsu Akatsuka, Age: 18, Style: Japanese Junior, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Weak.

- Tatsuzo Kawazu, Age: 21, Style: Puroresu Style, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong.

- Utaemon Matokai, Age: 21, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: Weak, Heel: Strong.

- Yoshi MG, Age: 30, Style: Japanese Junior, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: Weak, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong. Popularity in Japan E- or E depending on area.

Non-Wrestlers:

- Denbe Kenkyusha, Age: 19, Referee

- Hirokichi Mizoguchi, Age: 19, Colour Commentator

- Kozue Iemochi, Age: 18, Announcer

- Tom Esch, Age: 42, Road Agent, Owner and Head booker.

So basically, like in everywhere expect USA, it´s just bunch of nobodies at this point. Only time will tell which ones will rise on the top from this group. Only Yoshi MF has any popularity around Japan and he doesn´t look all that good skills wise.

- Hisaki Obinata becomes first ever WotW Heavyweight champion (main belt).

- Tadayuki Ichisada is the first guy to hold WotW 1st contender belt (midcard singles belt).

- TPW doesn´t resign Hugh Jass so he becomes the first guy in their starting roster that doesn´t get his contract renewed. Jass had 25 matches in TPW with record of 8 – 1 – 16.

- WotW first tag team champions were crowned when Sadahige Shimedzu and Hisaki Obinata won the belts. The AI must really think high in Obinata as he´s also hold their main event belt.

- Or maybe not as Hisaki Obinata dropped his WotW Heavyweight title to Yoshi MG without making a single successful defense.

- GLLW also saw short title reigns as Raul Suarez dropped the Campeon de Crucero GLLM title to Leonardo Marcos. Suarez had zero defenses for his belt.

- Javier Arias had similar fate too as he dropped the Campeon Mundial de Complete GLLM belt on his first defense. Rafael Ramirez is the new champion

January 1981:

- First year is in the back and it´s time for some awards.

- Herc Ulyssus (better known as Terry Titan in TPW) was the wrestler of the year.

- Titan Pro Wrestling was the company of the year.

- Best tag team was Terry Titan and AJ Allstot who aren´t even a regular team.

- Match of the year was Terry Titan and AJ Allstot vs. Daniel Bone and Bishop Black. The match happened in TPW Powerplay (PPV) in December 1980.

- TPW Powerplay was also the show of the year.

- Daniel Bone was the young wrestler of the year.

- Sara Tonen was female wrestler of the year.

- Isaac King was manager of the year.

- Nick Charlie Mustafa (TPW´s announcer) was announcer of the year.

- Howard Weight (also from TPW) was colour commentator of the year.

- And Jared Carter continued the TPW´s dominance being the referee of the year.

- Two new promotions were founded, Olympus Power Wrestling (OPW), Regional sized promotion in USA with James Vanderberg (52 years old manager who works in TPW) as owner and Great Canadian Wrestling (GCW), Small sized promotion in Canada (doh). Rolando Landry, Age: 20, Style: Spot Monkey, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Weak, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong is the owner. I applied for both head booker positions.

- I didn´t get the job in OPW as Big Rig (52 years old Road Agent) got the job but I did manage to land a job in GCW.

- Claude Loiselle becomes the Trainer of Canadian Independent Circuit Wrestling dojo. I actually have missed some dojos as there was only two at the start, Titan Factory were Bishop Black is the trainer there and its TPW´s dojo and Wolverine Wrestling were Douglas Bryson is the head trainer. Both of these are in USA. But now there is a total of five dojos with Sarumara Dojo (in Japan, head trainer is Yoshi MG) and The Dog Pound (in USA, no head trainer) have also been opened. Titan Factory is the only one of these who has parent company.

- Partners in Crime (Self and Big Ray Dubya) became TPW tag team champs when they beat VooDude and Sean Maverick for the belts. VooDude and Sean Maverick managed to defend their belt 12 times before losing them

- OPW hold their first show and it got a C rating, which is surprisingly well considering that TWP have only managed to get that rating once.

- Danial Bone became the first ever OPW God of Wrestling (their singles main event belt) champion

- Blood Redd won the OPW Demigod belt (midcard singles title).

- While Brad Youngblood became the first ever OPW Nationwide champion (singles floating belt).

- CSW tag team titles finally found owners as Shinsuke and Warhammer won the vacant titles.

- Campeón Mundial de Tercias GLLM (floating trios belt) got its first champions as Raul Suarez, Jose Cabrera and Hellbringer won the titles.

Below is OPW´s starting roster. As usual with American based promotion the top end of the roster is bunch of TPW guys but one interesting thing is that OPW avoided signing same guys that already work in both TPW and CSW, in fact only guys in OPW´s roster that also work in CSW are Brian Angurr (CSW head booker and manager), Charlie Lane (rookie wrestler) and James Vanderberg himself (owner of OPW).

Main event:

- AJ Allshot, Age: 39, Style: Entertainer, Size: Big Heavyweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Strong, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong,, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): C-

- Daniel Bone, Age: 20, Style: Entertainer, Size: Lightweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Average, Physical: average, Entertainment: Strong, Face: average, Heel: Strong, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): C

- Mauler McGregor, Age: 38, Style: Brawler, Size: Big Heavyweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Average, Face: average, Heel: Strong, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): C

Upper midcard:

- Battle Axe, Age: 38, Style: Brawler, Size: Big Heavyweight, In Ring: Strong, Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Strong, Face: average, Heel: Average, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): D-

- Blood Redd, Age: 26, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Lightweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Average, Physical: average, Entertainment: average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): D-

- Johnny Justice (Wrestle Man in TPW), Age: 26, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Lightweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: average, Face: Strong, Heel: Average, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): E

Midcard:

- Brad Youngblood, Age: 20, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Lightweight, In Ring and Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: average, Face: Weak, Heel: Average, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): F-

- Killer Smile (GLEE, Wicked in TPW), Age: 27, Style: Entertainer, Size: Light heavyweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Average, Physical: Average, Entertainment: average, Face: Average, Heel: Strong, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): E-

- Nelson Maverick, Age: 27, Style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Average, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: Strong, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): E

- Running Boot, Age: 32, Style: Entertainer, Size: Middleweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: average, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): E-

- Voodude, Age: 32, Style: Entertainer, Size: Middleweight, In Ring: average, Performance: Strong, Physical: Strong, Entertainment: strong, Face: Strong, Heel: Strong, Popularity in New England (OPW home area): E

Lower Midcard:

- Floyd Layzon age: 19, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: strong, heel: strong. Popularity in New England (OPW home area): F-

- Jerry DeVille, age: 20, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Super Heavyweight, In Ring and performance: strong, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: avergae heel: strong. Popularity in New England (OPW home area): F-

Opener:

- Moore Correira age: 19, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: strong. Popularity in New England (OPW home area): F-

- Nathan Tanner, age: 21, style: Regular Wrestler, Size: Big Heavyweight, In Ring and performance: strong, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: weak, heel: strong. Popularity in New England (OPW home area): F-

Enchantment Talent:

- Charlie Lane, age: 19, style: Technician, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: strong, face: weak, heel: strong. Popularity in New England (OPW home area): F-

Non-wrestlers:

- Big Rig, Age:52, Road Agent, Head booker.

- Brian Angurr, Age: 52, Manager

- Howard Weidt, Age:43, Colour Commentator

- James Vanderberg, Age: 52, Manager, Owner

- Jared Carter, Age: 40, Referee

- Warren Strong, Age: 18, Announcer

Olympus Power Wrestling (OPW), Regional sized promotion in USA with James Vanderberg (52 years old manager who works in TPW) as owner.

OPW hold their first show and it got a C rating, which is surprisingly well considering that TWP have only managed to get that rating once.

Danial Bone became the first ever OPW God of Wrestling (their singles main event belt) champion

Blood Redd won the OPW Demigod belt (midcard singles title).

*Interesting to see that Vandenburg got selected as OPW's owner.

*Wow, OPW's first show was equal to the best that TPW put on? ......they might win the war between the promotions then!

*Nice to see Blood Redd as a champion, he is one of my favorites along side Mauler.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3175/gcwa.jpg

Great Canadian Wrestling

Size: small

Popularity: E in Ontario, F in rest of the Canada.

Money 50,000$

Product:

Key Feature: Traditional

Medium: Mainstream, Modern

Low: Pure

Very Low: Cult, Realism

Definition:

Wrestlers will be rated equally on performance and popularity

Fans won´t like highly risky gimmick or angles

Fans won´t get subtle gimmicks

Is quite favorable for sponsors

Match ratio: 90 % in Events, 60 % in TV

Face\Heel divide is on

T&A level: None

Women Division

Owner Goals:

1) GCW cannot fall into depth at any point

Easy one with no one having any overness (and thus being cheap to hire) and GCW being small it would be quite hard not to make a profit each month.

2) When the time expires (2 years, 3 months, 2 weeks) GCW must have at least as much popularity in Canada as it did when the goal was set.

Actually not as easy goal as it sounds considering that I´m surely going to lose overness for first few months at the very least. Still, if after two years I´m not able to get any more over than what we are now, then I´m obviously not doing a very good job.

3) You can´t hire any wrestler over the age of 45

Easy, the oldest wrestlers that I could hire is Bishop Black (35 years old), no-one else isn´t over 21.

4) You can´t hire any wrestler who is classified as Psychopath

Only two wrestlers in the entire world are classified as Psychopath´s, one is in Japan and second one is in Mexico. The odd thing is that they are both female, and that´s actually the only downside of this goal as there isn´t any propotions for female wrestlers in either Mexico or Japan so they would both have been available to me at some point and with total of 15 women wrestlers in the world, I could have actually signed at least one of them. Especially since the five from the starting database are likely to find work in America and thus won´t become available outside USA (they aren´t available to work in Canada at the start).

5) You can´t hire any wrestler who is classified as MMA Crossover.

There´s currently no active wrestlers who use that style so it´s impossible for me to fail this one right now.

So overall, fairly easy goals to follow, only the second one could cause any troubles if I´m failing to build overness for my guys. Fourth is a slight nuisance but nothing more and the other three are pretty much impossible to fail.

Here is my starting roster for GCW. Since no-one has any overness yet I didn´t bother to put up the current pushes, instead I have divided the guys on a three groups, main guys, midcard guys and jobbers. Please note that this is only my initial impressions and plans, those are more than likely to change once I get a better feeling about how good everyone is. I based my opinions mainly for the scouting information and backstage presence, though alts did also play a part as you can surely see.

Active Wrestler:

Main Guys:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/649/cvmjfpwhitemale097.jpg

Mario Nash

Heel, Biker

Style: Regular Wrestler

Size: Heavyweight

In Ring and Performance: Strong

Physical: Strong

Entertainment and On camera: Average

Face: Average, Heel: strong

Guys with both In ring and Physical skills as strong always catch my interest quickly and Nash is no exception on that rule. Nash can play both face and heel though he is better heel and is good backstage presence too. Certainly will be one of the top guys as long as he delivers decent ratings in ring. Since he is a heavyweight and has strong brute skill he will work as my main monster heel.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4212/cvmjfpmaskedm004.jpg

Karl Cooper

Heel, Weirdo

Style: Entertainer

Size: Middleweight

In Ring and Performance: Average

Entertainment and On camera: Strong

Face: Strong, Heel: strong

Cooper looks like a solid as even though he´s In ring and Performance is average, everything else is strong and that´s enough to warrant a main event push for me. Besides I really like his alt so I just have to push him.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3972/cvmjfpmaskedm029.jpg

Bill Criss

Face, Bad Ass

Size: Super Heavyweight

Physical: Average

Face: Strong, Heel: Average

Criss might have just average physical and entertainment skills but that strong in ring and performance is enough for me right now so he´s going to main event for now. Oh and yes, I also like his alt too though when I look at the alt, I kind of think about skinny cruiserweight instead of super heavyweight. :p Guess it must be the mask that gives me that impression as I usually associate masks to cruiserweight guys.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1618/cvmjfpmaskedm015.jpg

Leo Orton

Face, Man on a Mission

Style: Brawler

Size: Lightweight

In Ring: Strong

Performance: Average

Face: Average, Heel: Strong

I actually first signed Orton because he is a I of Bishop Black who I was trying to sign, but Black turned me down at the end despite accepting my initial offer, saying that my promotion was too small to him. Still Orton is a valuable guy on his own with strong in ring and physical skills, though lightweight brawler with a mask is little odd combination on my mind. He´s also the only one who´s scouting level has come up to two thanks to the fact that he has worked in TPW since April 1980 so at least I know he doesn´t have ring rust which some of the other guys surely do have. Orton is the only person in my roster alongside Madalene Demers who also works elsewhere at the moment. Oh, and I like his alt too (notice a trend here? :p).

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2756/freewhitemale014.jpg

Rolando Landry

Face, Dual-Sport superstar

Style: Spot Monkey

Entertainment and On camera: Weak

Face: Strong, Heel: Strong

With strong In ring and physical skills Landry would normally be considered a top guy and being an owner doesn´t hurt either but I actually rate Landry below the other four main guys. This is partly because he´s a spot monkey, partly because he has weak Entertainment skills, partly because he´s extremely bad backstage guy and partly because I don´t like his alt as much as my other top guys (sorry mate, you should have gotten a mask somewhere :o). Still he´s a boss and he can fire me so I guess it´s better keep him happy and despite he´s bad backstage attitude he does seem to be able to back himself in ring better than most other guys in my roster.

Midcard guys:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4701/evfpwhitemale010.jpg

Austen Michel

Face, Cowboy

Like many of the scheduled midcard guys, Michel has strong Physical but average In ring and entertainment skills. That´s good enough to not to be a jobber, but not good enough to be in main event.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1460/cvmjfpmaskedm020.jpg

Garlan Roberts

Heel, Comic Book Villain

Same goes for Roberts than for Michel, not good enough to be in main event but won´t start as complete jobber either. Despite being stronger face than heel, I did set Roberts as heel to balance things out and because for some reason I felt that he would better work as heel thanks to his alt (I did this quite a lot in fact, for example Orton would actually have be better heel than face). Hopefully Roberts would learn to work better as heel since that would make him more versatile choice in the future.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2995/freewhitemale034.jpg

Harvey Burkman

Heel, Big League Star

Another one of those strong Physical, average Entertainment and In ring guys. Unlike Michel and Roberts, Burkman isn´t positive backstage influence so he´s spot is slightly less secured because of that. However if he manages to deliver good ratings he will shot up to main event scene as would pretty much anyone who is currently out into midcard role.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8868/evfpwhitemale050.jpg

Loyal Caron

Face, Disco Stud

Face: Average, Heel: Weak

Yet another strong physical average everywhere else guy. Caron can´t play heel at all and is only decent on playing face which puts him little lower on my list than other midcard guys I have.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1091/cvmjfpblackannouncerm00.jpg

Raul York

Face, Happy-Go-Lucky

York is one of the few guys in my roster who has some previous wrestling experience as he did have a short sting in TPW between February 1980 and August 1980. He´s another spot monkey alongside Landry and Roberts and I generally expect less from Spot Monkeys than guys with any other style but York does have a chance to prove me wrong it´s just up to him to use the opportunity.

Jobbers:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/904/evfpwhitemale081.jpg

Sauville Caron

Heel, MMA Bad Ass

Like many of the other jobbers, Caron has average rating on all three main categories and that classifies him as a jobber until he proves otherwise or until I get a good idea how to use him.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/7990/evfpwhitemale070.jpg

Leonore Turcotte

Face, Band Member

Style: Lightweight

Not much to say on Turcotte, he´s good guy to have but right now he´s classified as jobber because other´s have better stats as far as I can tell.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5190/cvmjfpwhitemale094.jpg

Harvey Kipp

Heel, Redneck

Pretty much same thing goes to Kipp than Turcotte and Caron, known skill levels doesn´t warrant a push.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/334/cvfpwhitemale025.jpg

George Hudson

Heel, Disgruntled Employee

Style: Technician

Entertainment and On camera: Strong

Face: Weak, Heel: Strong

Hudson might be higher on my plans if he wouldn´t be negative backstage influence but since he is he´s going to be a jobber and one of the more likely candidates on getting cut when the roster grows as while I could deal with one bad apple there´s four on my current roster and with Rolando Landry being owner, Darci Cloudier being one of the just three women wrestlers that I could sign and Curtis Dubè being the only possible colour commentator I could have, Hudson just is the easiest one to replace.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3024/cvmjfpblackmale014.jpg

Austin Murdoch

Face, Blue Collar

Size: Light Heavyweight

Murdock, alongside Leo Orton, Raul York and Madalene Demers is one of the few persons who have wrestled in another company before as Murdoch wrestled in TPW between August 1980 and December 1980. Sadly he´s stats tell pretty well why he was cut as he don´t seem to be all that talented and thus is classified as jobber despite his experience edge over most other guys I have.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/733/cvmjfpblackmale008.jpg

Blaize Bergeron

Face, Lumberjack

Size: Super Heavyweight

Not much to say about Bergeron, he could work as decent monster heel thanks to his size and strong brute skills but at least for now he´s just another face jobber.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1451/cvmjfpwhitemale066.jpg

Quint Bertrand

Heel, Law Enforcer

Style: Cruiserweight

Face: Weak, Heel: Average

Yet another average everywhere guy, One thing that gives Bertrand slightly worse position than other jobbers is the fact that he can´t play face at all.

Women Division: (I forgot to set gimmicks to women wrestlers so they have none. Luckily that doesn´t really matters since gimmicks aren´t needed in GCW, just something to point out in case you wonder why they have none listed when all the males do).

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9650/cvfpwhitefemale015.jpg

Darci Cloudier

Heel

Style: Cruiserweight

Size: Small

Entertainment and Camera: Average

Face: weak, Heel: Strong

Darci isn´t anything special in ring and at top of that she´s extremely negative backstage presence. The only reason she has a job in my company is that there are exactly three girls that I could have signed to wrestle in my promotion. Expect Darci to be the one who take all the losses and hopefully she help me build the other two a little bit. Once there are more options I will let Darci go in order to sign someone who is less of a backstage problem.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4308/cvmjfpwhitefemale020.jpg

Linette Bruce

Face

Size: Very Small

Face: Strong, Heel: Weak

Linette is hardly anything special but as the only girl who can play face (and the fact that Darci Cloudier is just as bad in ring but has worse personality) she is going to get some build up. I don´t really expect much from her rating wise though but who knows. With some work she might become a decent addition to women division and with new worker generation on medium change to some new girl debuting in Canada is quite slim so she should be able to stay in my women division for long time.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3158/cvmjfpblackfemale002.jpg

Madalene Demers

Heel

Style: Technician

Size: Small

Face: weak, Heel: Average

You might remember Demers as she is the owner of CSW. She´s also by far my best girl as far as stats go and with the low number of female wrestlers in the world (15 currently) you can expect her to be a mainstay for a long time assuming of course that SCW doesn’t decide to declare war on me.

So overall the women division would need few new girls before we can even speak it as a division. I will be looking for any women who might become available but with worker generation on medium there likely won´t be more than 2 – 3 new women per year so the progress will be slow. Luckily right now there isn´t any work opportunities outside of USA and since any USA based rookie will automatically be able to work in Canada too so anyone who debuts might well be available to me at some point. That´s of course only until some promotions with women division opens in other areas. Overall I expect women division to be an afterthought for long time as there just isn´t enough women wrestlers to make it viable division.

Non-wrestlers:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7100/claudeloiselle.jpg

Claude Loiselle

Road Agent

Ideally I would have liked to have younger guy as road agent as Loiselle is old enough to retire at any moment but there just wasn´t anyone else available and likely won´t be for some time either so hopefully Loiselle stays active. Loiselle is also head trainer of Canadian Independent Circuit Wrestling dojo and while that don´t have any real effect in game terms I will likely use that connection to bring some of its graduates to my roster.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1091/cvmjfpblackannouncerm00.jpg

Curtis Dubè

Colour Commentator

Dubé is the only colour commentator who works in Canada so he got this job by default. Both he´s announcing and entertainment abilities are weak though so it´s a little questionable if he is any help at all. He´s also bad backstage influence on top of that I gave him a year contract and during that time he needs to show that he´s worth having otherwise I will just do without colour commentator.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4917/cvmjfpblackrefm001.jpg

Frederick Kerr

Referee

Kerr has average referee skills and is positive backstage influence, that´s pretty much all I have to say about him. Will likely have this job for a long time.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3572/cvmjfpwhiteannouncerf00.jpg

Mary Howard

Announcer

Howard´s announcing and entertainment skills are average and she´s positive backstage influence so she is another one who should have a safe job for a long time. One little bit fun fact is that like Dubé and Kerr she can only play heel so my staff is pretty much all heels. :p

Other than the guys I signed, I tried to sign Bishop Black but he felt he was too over to sign with small promotion like GCW. Also few American based wrestlers that I tried to sign told me that they had better offer for another company (OPW). One of those where Jerry DeVille who I tried to sign as trying to make a star of someone who TPW has dropped is just too fun of an idea to not to try. Unfortunately OPW had the same idea and I decided not to pursue anyone who they were trying to sign. After all one rookie is about as good as another and only time will tell which ones are the real deals. Floyd Lauzon was another former TPW guy I tried to sign but with similar result. Brad Youngblood was the third guy who OPW signed right under my nose.

Belts:

GCW Canadian Champion (male, Main event belt, prestige: C+):

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2739/genericcanadian.jpg

GCW Maple Leaf (male, midcard singles belt, prestige: D-):

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3821/genericworldjnrheavyalt.jpg

GCW Tag Team (male Floating tag belt, prestige: F+):

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2824/generictag03.jpg

GCW Women’s (female, Floating belt, prestige: F-):

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3860/genericwomens01.jpg

Sunday week 2, January 1981

GCW Trial By Combat 1

Twin Park Elms (Ontario)

Attendance: 1 000

1 vs. 1

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/649/cvmjfpwhitemale097.jpg vs. http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/7990/evfpwhitemale070.jpg

Mario Nash vs. Leonore Turcotte

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Mario Nash defeated Leonore Turcotte in 8:10 by pinfall with a High Knee. Rating: F

Basic main event guy versus jobber match. Eight minutes might look little long for this kind of match but I wanted to test of either of these guys have psychology to go over six minutes. I will do this a lot in first few so in order to get idea who I could trust being in longer matches. The bout dragged in middle so the answer for if Nash can go above six minutes is NO. Oh, and Turcotte was tired at the end so he has bad stamina in top of bad psychology. So, horrible match but at least I got the information I wanted out of it.

ANGLE:

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/7990/evfpwhitemale070.jpghttp://img594.imageshack.us/img594/649/cvmjfpwhitemale097.jpg

Nash continues to beat down Turcotte after their match and totally destroys him before leaving. Rating: E

Testing how angles work in this promotion (mainly if there would be that “fans came to see wrestling” note) and also checking what I could expect from Nash in menace angles while establishing Nash as my main monster heel in the progress.

Three way for GCW Women´s title

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9650/cvfpwhitefemale015.jpg vs. http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4308/cvmjfpwhitefemale020.jpg vs. http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3158/cvmjfpblackfemale002.jpg

Darci Cloudier vs. Linette Bruce vs. Madalene Demers

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Linette Bruce defeated Darci Cloutier and Madalene Demers in 7:48 when Linette Bruce defeated Darci Cloutier by submission with a Spinning Toe Hold. Linette Bruce wins the GCW Womens title. Rating: E

I didn´t see any reason to not to have a women´s title match on the first show and with just three wrestlers it made the most sense to put everyone in there. Linette Bruce got the title simply because she is the only face from these three and thus I can have her defend the title against the other two without need to fear heel vs. heel match up lowering my already low ratings. Good rating lot better than I expected, wish I would had put this one later on the show. Also no dragging on the middle note. Not sure if it was because there was three persons instead of two or is one of these girls actually having a decent psychology (and by decent I mean anything above E+ since to my experience you need to have better than that in order to go above six minutes).

1 vs. 1

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1451/cvmjfpwhitemale066.jpg vs. http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3972/cvmjfpmaskedm029.jpg

Quint Bertrand vs. Bill Criss

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Bill Criss defeated Quint Bertrand in 5:28 by pinfall with a Fallaway Slam. Rating: E-

Another match were I starting to establish current status quo. Criss is scheduled to be main eventer while Bertrand is jobber so Criss gets a victory.

1 vs. 1

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/334/cvfpwhitemale025.jpg vs. http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4701/evfpwhitemale010.jpg

George Hudson vs. Austen Michel

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Austen Michel defeated George Hudson in 8:07 by submission with a Death Grip. Rating: F

Another one where I test psychology. Michel is going to main event with Nash next show so I wanted to make sure to check if either one is able to go above six minutes in the first show. As you can probably guess from the rating neither of these guys can´t go over six minutes either. In hindsight I probably should have waited until second show before starting to test these as that bad rating likely screws these guys momentum badly. Hudson was also tired so he´s another who lacks both stamina and psychology.

2 vs. 2 for the CGW Tag Team titles

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8868/evfpwhitemale050.jpg & http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1091/cvmjfpblackannouncerm00.jpg vs. http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/904/evfpwhitemale081.jpg & http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5190/cvmjfpwhitemale094.jpg

Loyal Caron & Raul York vs. Sauville Caron & Harvey Kipp

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Raul York and Loyal Caron defeated Harvey Kipp and Sauville Caron in 8:28 when Raul York defeated Sauville Caron by pinfall with a Full Nelson Slam. Raul York and Loyal Caron win the GCW Tag Team titles. Rating: E-

Maybe a little bit rash to put the tag titles on someone´s before testing the chemistry, but with F+ prestige on the belt and no existing tag team division, I figured that it would take quite some time before decent tag division could be build and since I have no plans for Caron or York I figured they would be good pairing to hold the titles until I get my roster shorted out. I also tested chemistry for Caron and Kipp since they could well be another potential pairing. No negative chemistry notes so Loyal Caron and Raul York will be official team for now on. Caron and Kipp won´t be yet as I´m keeping options open to possibly test another combination before making the decision but more than likely they will end up as a team.

Three way for GCW Maple Leaf title

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/733/cvmjfpblackmale008.jpg vs. http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2995/freewhitemale034.jpg vs. http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1460/cvmjfpmaskedm020.jpg

Blaize Bergeron vs. Harvey Burkman vs. Garlan Roberts

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Harvey Burkman defeated Blaize Bergeron and Garlan Robert in 5:55 when Harvey Burkman defeated Blaize Bergeron by submission. Harvey Burkman wins the GCW Maple Leaf title. Rating: F+

You would think that with this being a title match and all, it would have been one of the first I booked, right? Wrong, it´s literally the last match I booked on this card but since I didn´t really had much idea how to debut the midcard belt as I didn´t want another tournament and since Burkman was my top candidate of getting the belt anyway I figured I might as well make this a title match. Of course the rating is quite bad considering what other matches (excluding the two that did go too long) got.

1 vs. 1 First round of GCW Canadian Champion tournament

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3024/cvmjfpblackmale014.jpg vs. http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2756/freewhitemale014.jpg

Austin Murdock vs. Rolando Landry

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Rolando Landry defeated Austin Murdoch in 5:41 by pinfall with a Jumping Knee Plant. Rating: F

Might as well keep the boss man happy by giving him a win and he is one of my better wrestlers and I´m stuck with him so I might as well push him to top. Note that I did only go with six minutes match here since I didn´t know anything about how good their psychology (usually it´s quite bad for new workers) is and didn´t want to get penalized for having longer match that they should have. Of course that didn´t really matter as the match sucked anyway. Guess I was right about not being high on Landry, too bad I´m stuck with him as long as I stay in GCW.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1618/cvmjfpmaskedm015.jpg vs. http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4212/cvmjfpmaskedm004.jpg

Leo Orton vs. Karl Cooper

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Leo Orton defeated Karl Cooper in 6:03 by pinfall with a Thrust Kick. Rating: E

I put Orton in my first main event because I could be sure he didn´t have any ring rust thanks to his regular work in TPW. Similarly I put Cooper in the main event because he just debuted in December and thus couldn´t have developed ring rust just yet. And again I only had this go to six minutes because not knowing how well they could handle longer matches. The main event delivered nicely (again compered to rest of the card), hopefully this means that both of these guys are worth pushing.

ANGLE:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1618/cvmjfpmaskedm015.jpghttp://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2756/freewhitemale014.jpg

Landry attacks Orton after his match and beats him down before officials can come between them. Rating: F-

Furthering the storyline that I just started (More on that in my post-show comments). Obviously the angle bombed with it being based on popularity but at least in 2010, debuting guys in angles screwed their overness so to play safe I had the matches first and just take the hit that the bad angle gives me at the end of the show. Also at times, I´m willing to take bad grade if it further one of my storylines and that´s the case here.

Show Rating: E-

Comments: The show was bad enough for me to lose popularity but since my popularity was E+ in Ontario that was to be expected. After all, there´s only so much you can do with punch of rookies that no-one has ever heard to. I don´t really need to run any storylines if I don´t want to but I like to try to do so anyway as it helps me focus more on my shows as without storylines I just tend to book random matches without thinking anything on advance (which I admittably do anyway as you will surely find out). At the start I just booked a storyline between Leo Orton, Mario Nash, Bill Criss and Rolando Landry the idea being that those four would be the guys who advance from the first round of the tournament and thus the last three tournament matches would all be storyline matches. Why those four get into second round and not Cooper who I also classified as main eventer? Mostly, because like I said, I was worried about ring rust with other possibly candidates including Rolando Landry, Harvey Burkman and Garlan Roberts so Cooper got sacrificed this time to ensure that my first main event would at least be one of the better matches in the show. Fun fact: After criticizing TPW earlier in this diary from having three lesser titles won in first PPV while their main belt was still vacant, I manage to do the exact same thing here and the main title will be vacant all the way to May. Yep, sometimes it would just be better to shut up but I doubt I ever learn that. :p Also just for the laugh here are momentums of my guys after the first night:

Karl Cooper 40

Linette Bruce 32

Leo Orton 31

Madalene Demers 27

Darci Cloudier 24

Sauville Caron 22

Raul York 20

Loyal Caron 19

Garlan Roberts 18

Bill Criss 18

Blaize Bergeron 17

Harvey Burkman 17

Quint Bertrand 11

Harvey Kipp 11

Austin Murdoch 10

Mario Nash 8

Austen Michel 7

Rolando Landry 4

Leonore Turcotte 3

George Hudson 1

When looking at those ratings and compering them to match ratings, I have to say that getting a good match under you in the first show is the best way to gain momentum, even if you lose the match. It was definitely a mistake to test psychology in the first show and sadly that means that Nash and Michel are having uphill battle from the start.

Sunday week 2, February 1981

GCW Lost Into City

Varsity Arena (Ontario)

attendance: 1 499

1 vs. 1

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/733/cvmjfpblackmale008.jpg vs. http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4212/cvmjfpmaskedm004.jpg

Blaize Bergeron vs. Carl Cooper

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Karl Cooper defeated Blaize Bergeron in 6:12 by pinfall with a Closed Fist Strike. Rating: F+

Since Cooper lost his first match he gets a win here in order to start building him up as one of the main guys.

1 vs. 1

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2756/freewhitemale014.jpg vs. http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/7990/evfpwhitemale070.jpg

Rolando Landry vs. Leonore Turcotte

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Rolando Landry defeated Leonore Turcotte in 5:53 by pinfall with a Jumping Knee Plant. Rating F+

Giving Landry the win here as he´s going to main event the next show alongside Orton.

1 vs. 1

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/904/evfpwhitemale081.jpg vs. http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3024/cvmjfpblackmale014.jpg

Sauville Caron vs. Austin Murdoch

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Sauville Caron defeated Austin Murdoch in 8:29 by pinfall with a Face Crusher. Rating: F+

This was just a filler match to get both guys in the show. Caron got the win since right now he´s slightly more important thanks to possible tag team with Kipp. Also, I found out that one of these guys are actually having enough psychology to go over six minutes and that kind of guys are pretty valuable. To be honest I expected everyone to be below D- on psychology but it´s worth testing out. Now I just need to find out which one from these two has that psychology.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8868/evfpwhitemale050.jpg & http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1091/cvmjfpblackannouncerm00.jpg vs. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1451/cvmjfpwhitemale066.jpg & http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/334/cvfpwhitemale025.jpg

Show Time (Loyal Caron & Raul York) vs. Quint Bertrand & George Hudson

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Showtime defeated George Hudson and Quint Bertrand in 7:35 when Raul York defeated George Hudson by pinfall with a Full Nelson Slam. Showtime make defence number 1 of their GCW Tag Team titles. Rating: E-

Just your standard title defense here against a makeshift team. Hudson and Bertrand showed excellent chemistry teaming together and that makes it little harder for me to drop them in the future.

1 vs. 1

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9650/cvfpwhitefemale015.jpg vs. http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3158/cvmjfpblackfemale002.jpg

Darci Cloudier vs. Madalene Demers

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Madalene Demers defeated Darci Cloutier in 5:32 by submission with a Crossface. Rating: E

Since I want to build Demers as Linette´s main challenger (I bet those two will fight over the women´s title a lot in coming years) she gets the win while backstage cancer Cloudier settles to her jobber role by eating a pin. Also it´s worth noting that the girls continue to deliver as despite being heel vs. heel match-up this was still the best match so far in this show.

ANGLE:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3158/cvmjfpblackfemale002.jpghttp://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4308/cvmjfpwhitefemale020.jpg

Demers challengers Linette to title match next month, Linette comes from backstage and accepts the challenge. Rating: E-

Just checking for the girls hold themselves in angles too since after the first show (and the match in this one) it looks like they might be better used as one of the main attractions instead of sideshow like I originally planned. Also this angle gives Linette some time at the show since she doesn´t have much this month. Demers wanted to work without a script and naturally she didn´t work well without one. Neither did Linette so now I either will upset Demers by putting her in angles with script or continue getting bad ratings when she fails to improvise. Sigh, oh well, no one ever said that booking would be easy.

1 vs. 1

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1460/cvmjfpmaskedm020.jpg vs. http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1618/cvmjfpmaskedm015.jpg

Garlan Roberts vs. Leo Orton

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Leo Orton defeated Garlan Robert in 7:38 by pinfall with a Thrust Kick. Rating: E

Filler match to build Orton up little bit more and again I´m testing psychologies as well. Bout dragged in the middle again so neither guy has the psychology either but they still managed to get E rated match despite the lack of flow and with another E rated match from Orton from last show, it pretty much confirms me that he should be one of the main players.

ANGLE:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1618/cvmjfpmaskedm015.jpg

Orton cuts a promo about Landry and his attack last month, with the main message being that no matter what shortcuts Landry tries to take he won´t be able to beat Orton next month. Rating: F+

Just checking what I can expect from Orton while also keeping the storyline going since none of the four guys won´t face each other´s this month.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4701/evfpwhitemale010.jpg vs. http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/649/cvmjfpwhitemale097.jpg

Austen Michel vs. Mario Nash

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Mario Nash defeated Austen Michel in 5:48 by pinfall with a High Knee. Rating: F+

I originally had this scheduled as main event but since both of these guys have momentum under 10 I figured that I better play safe and put this on semi-main event spot instead and as I feared these two failed to deliver.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3972/cvmjfpmaskedm029.jpg vs. http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2995/freewhitemale034.jpg

Bill Criss vs. Harvey Burkman

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Bill Criss defeated Harvey Burkman in 6:18 by pinfall with a Fallaway Slam. Rating: F+

This was last of the first round matches and like in last show it only did go to six minutes because I don´t trust anyone being able to go over it and don´t want to risk getting even worse ratings than what I´m already am getting. Of course it hardly could have been any worse and netted me another F+ confirming to me that there just aren´t all that many guys that I can put into ring and expect good results.

Show Rating: F+

Comments: Obviously disappointing show as F+ is never acceptable result no matter how bad your roster is. Now to their defense it´s likely that most of my guys have ring rust so after few show ratings will hopefully go up a little bit but obviously there is lots of work to be done before we even get into point where I won´t lose overness after the show. In backstage news Harvey Burkman provoked George Hudson to heated argument before the show. I gave Burkman a stern warning but I really didn´t need any troubles as my backstage dropped from 55% to 53% thanks to that incident. Oh and Burkman became negative backstage influence too even though he´s still pleased overall. Nice way of thanking me from giving him a midcard belt run.

February 1981:

-WotW signed Shinsuke on touring contract. Nice to see that happening as Shinsuke is based on USA and like I mentioned before, I haven´t seen any regional or smaller company to sign talent outside their home area before (now that I think of it, I had seen Japanese companies doing this in CVerse too so maybe AI controlled touring promotions do it but ones with normal schedule doesn´t? I will keep my eyes open for this in the future).

- There is plenty of news about OPW looking for new talent but nothing seems to come from it, I wonder what they are looking for as they don´t have women division? Perhaps managers since there are only two in the database (James Vanderberg and Isaac King) though I don´t see why they couldn´t sign King. TPW are still on news for same reason but they have been since the start and no-one is ever hired so they are also looking something they cannot get.

- WotW sign debuting rookie Akahito Aizawa to contract. Age: 18, style: Puroresu Style, Size: Heavyweight, In Ring and performance: average, Physical: strong, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: strong, heel: average.

- Similarly GMML continues to bolster their roster by signing Marcos Moya, Age: 17, style: Brawler, Size: Middleweight, In Ring and performance: average, Physical: average, Entertainment and on-camera: average, face: average, heel: average.

- Brad Youngblood´s reign as OPW Nationwide champion was brought to an end on his first title defense as Running Boot became the new champion.

- Big Ray Dubya got his second title reign (his one half of current TPW tag champs) as he defeated Battle Axe for TPW United States title. Battle Axe managed to get 12 successful defenses before dropping the belt.

Sunday week 2, March 1981

GCW Rock This Country

Varsity Arena (Ontario)

Attendance: 1 605

1 vs. 1

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5190/cvmjfpwhitemale094.jpg vs. http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3972/cvmjfpmaskedm029.jpg

Harvey Kipp vs. Bill Criss

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Bill Criss defeated Harvey Kipp in 5:48 by pinfall with a Fallaway Slam. Rating: F+

Criss gets the win since he´s main eventing next month while Kipp is still classified as jobber with no direction.

1 vs. 1

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3024/cvmjfpblackmale014.jpg vs. http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/334/cvfpwhitemale025.jpg

Austin Murdock vs. George Hudson

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Austin Murdoch defeated George Hudson in 7:52 by pinfall with a Running Face-Plant. Rating: F+

This was there to further testing Murdock´s Psychology as either he or Caron (or both) have a good one and I know already that Hudson can´t go over six minutes so he was perfect test partner. As I suspected there wasn´t any lack of flow note so Murdock does indeed have D- or above psychology and that raises his stock so expect him to start getting some wins too in near future.

1 vs. 1

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4701/evfpwhitemale010.jpg vs. http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/904/evfpwhitemale081.jpg

Austin Michel vs. Sauville Caron

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Austen Michel defeated Sauville Caron in 6:19 by submission with a Death Grip. Rating: F+

Filler match to give these two a change to work in the show. Michel gets the win since I´m currently higher on him than Caron even though Michel haven´t delivered rating wise so far. I could have gone over six minutes in order to see Caron´s psychology (since I know Michel´s suck there) but I wanted to give Michel a decent change to impress me. I shouldn´t have bothered though as the match likely wouldn´t had been that much worse even if there would have been lack of flow.

2 vs. 2

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1460/cvmjfpmaskedm020.jpg & http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4212/cvmjfpmaskedm004.jpg vs. http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/733/cvmjfpblackmale008.jpg & http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/7990/evfpwhitemale070.jpg

Garlan Roberts & Carl Cooper vs. Blaize Bergeron & Leonore Turcotte

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Garlan Robert and Karl Cooper defeated Blaize Bergeron and Leonore Turcotte in 7:51 when Karl Cooper defeated Leonore Turcotte by pinfall with a Closed Fist Strike. Rating: E-

This one falls to category “filler tag match” that was mainly there to give all four guys change to work this month as their skills won´t become better unless they get into actual matches. There was lack of flow here too so guess none of these four have any psychology to speak of either (we already knew this about Roberts and Turcotte). Tag matches generally seem to be scoring better than single matches so that´s something that I should remember when booking main and semi-main events.

1 vs. 1

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/649/cvmjfpwhitemale097.jpg vs. http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8868/evfpwhitemale050.jpg

Mario Nash vs. Loyal Caron

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Mario Nash defeated Loyal Caron in 6:17 by pinfall with a High Knee. Rating: E-

This was just there to give Nash another win over decent opponent before his semi-final match next month. Good rating (and yes I take anything over F+ as good rating for now) especially from Nash who has been disappointment so far.

ANGLE:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/649/cvmjfpwhitemale097.jpghttp://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3972/cvmjfpmaskedm029.jpg

Nash hypes himself, declaring that he´s going to show his domination by winning the Canadian Champion tournament easily. Bill Criss comes in and declares that while Nash has been impressive so far, he´s winning ways will come to an end next month, because Criss has every intention to beat Nash 1-2-3 and advance to tournament finals. Rating: E

Just building up the second semi-final match here. Also it seems that angles are actually scoring better than matches (at least for Nash) and that´s certainly a first for me. Of course with 90 % matches there won´t be that many in one show but it´s still good thing to remember.

1 vs. 1 for GCW Maple Leaf title

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1091/cvmjfpblackannouncerm00.jpg vs. http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2995/freewhitemale034.jpg

Raul York vs. Harvey Burkman

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Harvey Burkman defeated Raul York in 5:50 by pinfall with a Power Bodyslam. Harvey Burkman makes defence number 1 of his GCW Maple Leaf title. Rating: E-

This was there to give Burkman a successful title defense under his belt against a creditable opponent (which at this early state, pretty much means anyone who has won a match). York had been pretty solid from a spot monkey so far with three E- rated matches (though two of them a tag matches) so I´m glad I put the tag titles on him and Loyal Caron who also has been constantly delivering E- rated matches.

1 vs. 1 for GCW Women´s title

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4308/cvmjfpwhitefemale020.jpg vs. http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3158/cvmjfpblackfemale002.jpg

Linette Bruce vs. Madalene Demers

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Linette Bruce defeated Madalene Demers in 6:15 by submission with a Spinning Toe Hold. Linette Bruce makes defence number 1 of her GCW Womens title. Rating: E

One thing I quickly have learned from the first two shows is that my women division is the one place where I can expect good (for GCW standards, sad I know but you have to start somewhere) ratings and that´s why this match got the semi-main event spot over other possibilities. Though Bruce will almost surely drop her title to Demers at some point, it won´t be yet as this was just her first title defense.

1 vs. 1 Semi-final of GCW Canadian Champion tournament

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1618/cvmjfpmaskedm015.jpg vs. http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2756/freewhitemale014.jpg

Leo Orton vs. Rolando Landry

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Leo Orton defeated Rolando Landry in 6:30 by pinfall with a Thrust Kick. Rating: E-

This was obviously there to continuing the title tournament. Orton goes to finals because in first two shows, he has been the guy who constantly bring ratings while Landry has been pretty bad so far even on GCW´s low standards. E- is decent rating but it has to be noted that this is Orton´s worst match so far.

Comments: Another month where we lost popularity but I doubt anyone is surprised on that. I figure it would take at least a year to get on the position where my shows won´t hold our popularity. Curtis Dubé got into heated argument with a fan. I gave him a stern warning and he couldn´t believe I made it as such a big deal… Yeah, so it didn´t go well, but what can I do? He´s the only colour commentator I could have so I just have to accept him being a pain in the ass.

March 1981

- We have our first death in this game as 19 years old Japanese announcer Gesshin Kawasaki died in road traffic accident. Kawasaki didn´t work anywhere during his short pro career (he debuted in December 1980).

- Bishop Black became the new TPW World Heavyweight champion after defeating Jay Synn. Synn managed to get 17 title defenses before dropping the belt.

- Foxy Faye dropped her TPW Women´s title after 10 successful defenses. Jackie Flash is the new champion.

- Shiketaka Akaike quits WotW. Akaike had 5 – 0 – 8 record with E- match average rating for his time in WotW. Not really a good move for him as there aren´t any other Japanese promotions yet and no independent scene either (in fact Akaike is the only Japanese worker not working in WotW at the moment) so he won´t wrestle any matches anytime soon. On the flip side it´s not good for WotW either as they need more guys than what they currently can get. Akaike worked for WotW since December 1980.

Sunday week 2, April1981

GCW Early Warning

Twin Elm Park (Ontario)

Attendance: 1 000

1 vs. 1 for GCW Women´s title

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4308/cvmjfpwhitefemale020.jpg vs. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9650/cvfpwhitefemale015.jpg

Linette Bruce vs. Darci Cloudier

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Linette Bruce defeated Darci Cloutier in 8:21 by submission with a Spinning Toe Hold. Linette Bruce makes defence number 2 of her GCW Womens title. Rating: E-

With Demers getting her shot last month, it was Darci´s turn to try her luck here. With just three girls in entire division I´m quickly running out on matches to book. Also another psychology test happened in this one, which is why I didn´t make this as semi-main event. Much to my surprise there wasn´t any lack of flow notes so seems one of these two does have decent psychology.

1 vs. 1

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3024/cvmjfpblackmale014.jpg vs. http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5190/cvmjfpwhitemale094.jpg

Austin Murdock vs. Harley Kipp

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Austin Murdoch defeated Harvey Kipp in 7:58 by pinfall with a Running Face-Plant. Rating: F

Murdock gets a win since his psychology makes him more useful than what he originally was. Hopefully his able to teach some of his skills to other´s too as I would love to have more than one guy who could go more than six minutes. Sadly, while Murdock might have the psychology he´s clearly lacking in other areas as this was just a horrible match. That said some of the blame will go to Kipp who doesn´t have stamina to go for this long.

1 vs. 1

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/733/cvmjfpblackmale008.jpg vs. http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/904/evfpwhitemale081.jpg

Blaize Bergeron vs. Sauville Caron

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Sauville Caron defeated Blaize Bergeron in 7:55 by pinfall with a Face Crusher. Rating: F+

This was there to test Caron´s psychology since I didn´t get clear result in his first test thanks to Murdock having the required psychology. Unsurprisingly, the test was another failure.

1 vs. 1

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3158/cvmjfpblackfemale002.jpg vs. http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1083/freeasianfemale006.jpg

Madalene Demers vs. Yumako Ekiguchi

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Madalene Demers defeated Yumako Ekiguchi in 6:26 by submission with a Crossface. Rating: E

with Bruce as champ, Demers is more important than new signing Ekiguchi since Ekiguchi will be playing face and can´t speak English. That said, this was a great match (as pretty much every women match has been) so Ekiguchi might well be more than a jobber soon though that likely has to wait until Bruce drops the belt.

2 vs. 2

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2756/freewhitemale014.jpg & http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/7990/evfpwhitemale070.jpg vs. http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/6533/evfpblackmale014.jpg & http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1460/cvmjfpmaskedm020.jpg

Rolando Landry & Leonore Turcotte vs. Laurence Bédard & Garlan Roberts

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Garlan Robert and Laurence Bédard defeated Leonore Turcotte and Rolando Landry in 6:11 when Laurence Bédard defeated Leonore Turcotte by pinfall with a Side Suplex. Rating: E-

Debuting my newest signing in a tag match since those have scored slightly better so far. Also testing for possible chemistries though to be honest this is pretty random match, which shouldn´t come as surprise as it was the last match I booked for this show. No positive chemistries but I found a negative one as Landry and Turcotte don´t work well as a team.

1 vs. 1

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4701/evfpwhitemale010.jpg vs. http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4212/cvmjfpmaskedm004.jpg

Austen Michel vs. Karl Cooper

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Karl Cooper defeated Austen Michel in 5:33 by pinfall with a Closed Fist Strike. Rating: E-

Building up Cooper here as both of these guys had 2 points of overness before this match and it looks like only way to gain even little bit more is to have them beat someone with same or more overness.

ANGLE:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4212/cvmjfpmaskedm004.jpg

Cooper cuts a promo after his match rambling something about chaos and darkness that is coming. To be honest no-one didn´t understand much as he spoke with metaphors but it sounded creepy. Rating: E+

Yeah, so I had Cooper´s gimmick as weirdo so decided to make actual use of it by having him talk riddles that doesn´t make much sense. Not sure yet if this is actually going to lead somewhere (I don´t plan much ahead with this save as it´s more about watching world develop than me booking a show) else than random feud with someone. I try to figure something out though but I don´t promise anything. Rating was great and it was the first time any of my segments got E+ grade so I guess I will continue putting Cooper to talky angles then.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8868/evfpwhitemale050.jpg & http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1091/cvmjfpblackannouncerm00.jpg vs. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1451/cvmjfpwhitemale066.jpg & http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/334/cvfpwhitemale025.jpg

Show Time (Loyal Caron & Raul York) vs. Mayhem (Quint Bertrand & George Hudson)

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Show Time defeated Mayhem in 6:08 when Raul York defeated George Hudson by pinfall with a Full Nelson Slam. Show Time make defence number 2 of their GCW Tag Team titles. Rating: E-

With great chemistry between Bertrand and Hudson, I decided to form team between them as neither guy weren´t going to do anything on their own. I´m still not sure if I will actually keep them after their contracts end at the end of the year as I kind of want to get rid of Hudson because he´s backstage attitude, but I decided to keep my options open as even if I decide to let one or both guys go I haven´t lost anything by pairing them up. I also decided to give them another tag title shot mainly as an excuse of having both teams gain little experience working together.

1 vs. 1

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2995/freewhitemale034.jpg vs. http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1618/cvmjfpmaskedm015.jpg

Harvey Burkman vs. Leo Orton

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Leo Orton defeated Harvey Burkman in 6:06 by pinfall with a Thrust Kick. Rating: E-

Orton gets a win over good opponent, in hopes of building his overness up a little bit before the next month´s title match, while Burkman is also brought a step down to remind him that while he´s our midcard champ he´s still expendable (he´s became negative backstage presence after the second show).

1 vs. 1 Semi-final of GCW Canadian Champion tournament

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/649/cvmjfpwhitemale097.jpg vs. http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3972/cvmjfpmaskedm029.jpg

Mario Nash vs. Bill Criss

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Mario Nash defeated Bill Criss in 6:01 by pinfall with a High Knee. Rating: E-

This was the second semi-final match and with Orton advancing from the first one I needed Nash to advance from here in order to make the main event face vs. heel affair like it should be.

ANGLE:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/649/cvmjfpwhitemale097.jpghttp://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1618/cvmjfpmaskedm015.jpg

While Nash celebrates his victory, Orton comes from backstage at the top of the ramp. When Nash realizes that Orton is there an intense stare down occurs. One of these two will become the first ever GCW Canadian Champion but which one it will be? Rating: E-

This anle was obviously there to hype the next month´s main event where we finally find out who will become the first main champ in GCW.

Comments: More of the same here though a note should be made that at least most matches managed to get E- rating which is actually a step up. This is likely because most guys now had enough work to drop the ring rust but still any upgrade is a positive one. On embarrassing side note, if someone has wondered why I always did put Rolando Landry against a face when he´s face himself that´s because for some reason I remembered him to be heel instead. Really stupid mistake to make and guess it shows how well I plan ahead these shows. Sigh, oh well at least I realized it now but really, how the hell did I manage to mess that up? :o

Archived