Movie Tycoon 1.0

Goliath764

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>The Chamber</strong><p> </p><p> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> I realize I haven't answer this, Donald Goddard accepts your offer but he wants the right to stop you from making any more if the first two are not well-received.</p><p> </p><p> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No problem.</p>

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>The Chamber</strong><p> </p><p> Lindsay Lohan</p><p> - 960,000. She's on good term with you so she will only take 360,000 upfront.</p><p> </p><p> So:</p><p> </p><p> Pre-release: 4,292,700</p><p> Post-release: 3,221,800 + 10%</p><p> </p><p> 5,000,000 - 4,292,700 = 707,300</p><p> </p><p> You only have 707,300 for ads and production and you are way out of that. You need to adjust it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Accepted.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>The Chamber</strong><p> </p><p> Lindsay Lohan</p><p> - 960,000. She's on good term with you so she will only take 360,000 upfront.</p><p> </p><p> So:</p><p> </p><p> Pre-release: 4,292,700</p><p> Post-release: 3,221,800 + 10%</p><p> </p><p> 5,000,000 - 4,292,700 = 707,300</p><p> </p><p> You only have 707,300 for ads and production and you are way out of that. You need to adjust it.</p><p> </p><p> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because I'm generous (and quite possibly a fool, but it's only a game)</p><p> </p><p> I will cover the rest of his production and marketing budget.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EddieFnG" data-cite="EddieFnG" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because I'm generous (and quite possibly a fool, but it's only a game)<p> </p><p> I will cover the rest of his production and marketing budget.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thnx man.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EddieFnG" data-cite="EddieFnG" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because I'm generous (and quite possibly a fool, but it's only a game)<p> </p><p> I will cover the rest of his production and marketing budget.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just confirming, with nothing in return?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just confirming, with nothing in return?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Indeed.</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">Chamber</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">

Review by: Mr.G</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Alright, this time we have Chamber, an attempt to survive the industry from RKO Productions. Let me just get this straight first, this movie has some legit moments but they are ruined by absurd, ridiculous and just flat out illogical scenes. Let's get through the movie together. The good news is we have good introduction this time for the character, it's actually impressive for once...until The Man wants to stab Rodger out of nowhere. Okay, maybe The Man's a psycho, whatever. The Man proceeds to kidnap some other characters, there's no clear reason why those character are chosen...they are just there to be the victim. At least give it some sense and purpose? Like Saw, when the victims are captured, you know why. They did something bad, so they are there to "play the game". I don't consider Saw good movie but it at least provide a reason.</p><p> </p><p>

However, this is my main complaint, hear me out. I think Jacob Jones, the owner of RKO Productions, might be a kidnapper in real life. I mean seriously, why is kidnapping a part of every film of RKO Productions, even when they make no sense like Isiah? It's repetitive and shallow. Come on, come out with some different idea, do some other crimes -- rape(without kidnapping first), robbery, murder(without kidnapping first), theft, arson, assault, fraud, vandalism. I really hope the production team can give the audience something new because this kidnapping thing is as stale as Superman Cena.</p><p> </p><p>

Well, at least this tme the kidnapping is put to good use as The Chamber is the key point of this film. However, that Chamber is filled with false advertising. Here's the summary of the movie:</p><p> </p><p>

<em>"4 friends are trapped in a chamber for 1 week with no food, no water and no way out...or is there?"</em></p><p> </p><p>

Here's what happened in the film:</p><p> </p><p>

<em>"4 strangers are trapped in a chamber for 1 week, attacked by wolf, feels the heat, hit by toxic and has no way out...or is there?"</em></p><p> </p><p>

No part in the film emphasizes on the survival at all, the no food and no water is NOT IN the film. The film doesn't focus on the survival of the 4 strangers at all, it's more on them getting hit by tons of tons of Man-made danger, which is fine on its own, but put THAT into the summary and NOT something that isn't there.</p><p> </p><p>

Now to go more detail into the dangers themselves. Wednesday the Wolf, sounds legit but he is killed by a gun. What the frak? Why in the world Rodger find a gun? They should have NOTHING when in the Chamber, no way The Man is giving them anything at all. lack of air conditioner, why are there air conditioner in the first place? It's the chamber, it should be hot from the beginning. Okay, maybe it's The Man's psycho idea to torture them with that but you need to set it up. I will use a wrestling example since it seems to be easier that way. Cena vs Orton, TLC match with title hanging up int he air. At 10 minutes, Cena open up a table on the outside and want to AA Orton from the ring to the table outside but Orton counters, the table is left there. At 25 minutes, Orton climb the ladder for the belt and Cena pushes the ladder, and Orton drops into the abandoned table outside. That's just like foreshadowing in a movie. You don't just throw ideas out in the middle of the film and run with them. It's unusual for a chamber to have air-con, so you need to tell the audience that the minute they get to the chamber, instantly. Maybe have one of the characters say, "at least it got air-con in here". Then, you smack the air-con down in the middle of the film. The toxic gas is strong though, I liked that but I am not sure why The Man don't use that instantly, might as well explain that.</p><p> </p><p>

Another problem is that RKO Productions love to put wrestling reference inappropriately. Yes, you like wrestling but don't shove it randomly into anything and everything. The Man handled the police team like a boss then get RKOed and then stunned there by that? Ridiculous. There's also a Sweet Chin Music by Michael Shawn, oh my god on that name. One suggestion, if you really like wrestling, do a wrestling movie. It can be a drama like The Wrestler or a comedy like Nacho Libre. You can do every wrestling stuff in those movie and I won't complaint as much because it's legit and appropriate in this movie.</p><p> </p><p>

Now, the final fight scene. That is one absurdly long fight scene, which I don't think is appropriate to a horror movie. Chimpanzombee, yes, the final fight is good on that one because it's an appropriate exchange of sword strikes. In this one, everyone turns into Terminator at the end with godlike endurance to play out one huge fight scenes that is just too long for its purpose. The final fight scene of a typical movie with a monster villain isn't going to be too long and usually involves a lucky strike of the hero to end it. Chamber is putting an action approach into a horror film, which is crazy because The Man is nearly indestructible, he can grow back arms and legs and is on full crazy mode in this one.</p><p> </p><p>

Then, we have the ending...is this just a dream? You know, for many of the movies out there, I might say this is one bulls*** of an ending because it gives nothing to the movie but for Chamber, I have to admit that it fits beautifully. A dream is an appropriate explanation to the entire Chamber event because of the ridiculousness of it. It's not a great ending per say, but it sums the movie up well so I have to give it that.</p><p> </p><p>

All in all, Chamber is yet another movie that is on the middle ground, it tries to be serious but then swings its way to the side road of ridiculousville. It's like a baby of Serendipity, Scary Movie and a typical kidnap-and-torture horror movie. This is more or less a <strong>1.5</strong> stars. It has potential to be more than that but the bad stuff just even it out.</p><p> </p><p>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Misc. Information</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- Personally, I see this as more of a R-rated film, especially the final fight scene with the ridiculous body removal stuff. However, it still could work in PG-13, just less fit from my view. The whole movie is okay for PG-13 but the last part is just out of place from the previous tone.</p><p> </p><p>

- The marketing and so on is obviously grand for this movie. While the initial review isn't too well, the film has a certain B-horror movie vibe and that attracts a fair share of horror fans that will just watch anything, as long as it's horror. Also, it's Halloween season, watching horror is like a must-do so no matter the quality, there will be a fair share of crowd.</p><p> </p><p>

- You obviously don't like Serendipity, then don't do illogical thing like it. Cut out all the ridiculousness, you are getting nowhere with them.</p><p> </p><p>

- When I mean using your stunt team, I don't mean putting all of those action scenes in a horror movie. Use it on the RIGHT genre -- action, sci-fi, fantasy, crime, a genre that NEEDS action scenes. A kidnap-slasher horror isn't about the quality of action scenes, so even if you have stunt team, it will not increase the film by a lot because it's not what the audience choose to focus on. They want horror, creepy atmosphere and gore.</p><p> </p><p>

- I have suggested this in the review, perhaps you should play to your strength and do something you love...like wrestling movie? You can always try other films later on but now you need to survive and you need to earn profit, you should be doing something you know you CAN do and you LOVE to do.</p><p> </p><p>

- You need to answer my question about nudity next time. And there's no actual nudity in this film, if you want nudity make sure you show them.</p><p> </p><p>

- Lindsay Lohan's role is so little that she should be a support than a main character. She is getting paid though so she doesn't care.</p><p> </p><p>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>

Revenue: 12,927,100</p><p>

Budget: 7,932,700</p><p>

----------------------------</p><p>

Gross Profit: 4,994,400</p><p>

Post-release: 2,621,800</p><p>

10% Bonus: 499,440 </p><p>

----------------------------</p><p>

Net Profit: 1,873,160</p><p> </p><p>

RKO Productions' budget = $5,000,000 + $1,873,160 = $6,873,160</p><p> </p><p>

Countdown to debt recollection: 3 movies to go</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Impact</strong></p><p> </p><p>

- Tim Burton is good in terms of the more "artsy" kind of horror and dark movie but a straightforward horror like Chamber isn't really one of his best. It's a fairly good try by him but it's still apparently not good enough for some fans. Tim Burton takes a small 0.05 SP hit. OOC: Try someone like John Carpenter, Wes Craven or Sam Raimi for this type of horror film, they are good at it.</p><p> </p><p>

- Most of the cast did okay. Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez doesn't seem to show their body in this one while some ads say they do. This sort of false advertising is unacceptable for the pervs out there and both of them take a 0.10 SP hit. Others are safe but they really need to prove themselves next time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EddieFnG" data-cite="EddieFnG" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>*Takes full credit for the introduction scenes*<p> </p><p> As far as Russell doing a wrestling movie, we've talked on Yahoo, and he plans on writing a movie that's just 2 hours of Randy Orton punting people in the head.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd pay to see that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd pay to see that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Point made, woop!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:24px;">Chamber</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:24px;"> Review by: Mr.G</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Alright, this time we have Chamber, an attempt to survive the industry from RKO Productions. Let me just get this straight first, this movie has some legit moments but they are ruined by absurd, ridiculous and just flat out illogical scenes. Let's get through the movie together. The good news is we have good introduction this time for the character, it's actually impressive for once...until The Man wants to stab Rodger out of nowhere. Okay, maybe The Man's a psycho, whatever. The Man proceeds to kidnap some other characters, there's no clear reason why those character are chosen...they are just there to be the victim. At least give it some sense and purpose? Like Saw, when the victims are captured, you know why. They did something bad, so they are there to "play the game". I don't consider Saw good movie but it at least provide a reason.</p><p> </p><p> However, this is my main complaint, hear me out. I think Jacob Jones, the owner of RKO Productions, might be a kidnapper in real life. I mean seriously, why is kidnapping a part of every film of RKO Productions, even when they make no sense like Isiah? It's repetitive and shallow. Come on, come out with some different idea, do some other crimes -- rape(without kidnapping first), robbery, murder(without kidnapping first), theft, arson, assault, fraud, vandalism. I really hope the production team can give the audience something new because this kidnapping thing is as stale as Superman Cena.</p><p> </p><p> Well, at least this tme the kidnapping is put to good use as The Chamber is the key point of this film. However, that Chamber is filled with false advertising. Here's the summary of the movie:</p><p> </p><p> <em>"4 friends are trapped in a chamber for 1 week with no food, no water and no way out...or is there?"</em></p><p> </p><p> Here's what happened in the film:</p><p> </p><p> <em>"4 strangers are trapped in a chamber for 1 week, attacked by wolf, feels the heat, hit by toxic and has no way out...or is there?"</em></p><p> </p><p> No part in the film emphasizes on the survival at all, the no food and no water is NOT IN the film. The film doesn't focus on the survival of the 4 strangers at all, it's more on them getting hit by tons of tons of Man-made danger, which is fine on its own, but put THAT into the summary and NOT something that isn't there.</p><p> </p><p> Now to go more detail into the dangers themselves. Wednesday the Wolf, sounds legit but he is killed by a gun. What the frak? Why in the world Rodger find a gun? They should have NOTHING when in the Chamber, no way The Man is giving them anything at all. lack of air conditioner, why are there air conditioner in the first place? It's the chamber, it should be hot from the beginning. Okay, maybe it's The Man's psycho idea to torture them with that but you need to set it up. I will use a wrestling example since it seems to be easier that way. Cena vs Orton, TLC match with title hanging up int he air. At 10 minutes, Cena open up a table on the outside and want to AA Orton from the ring to the table outside but Orton counters, the table is left there. At 25 minutes, Orton climb the ladder for the belt and Cena pushes the ladder, and Orton drops into the abandoned table outside. That's just like foreshadowing in a movie. You don't just throw ideas out in the middle of the film and run with them. It's unusual for a chamber to have air-con, so you need to tell the audience that the minute they get to the chamber, instantly. Maybe have one of the characters say, "at least it got air-con in here". Then, you smack the air-con down in the middle of the film. The toxic gas is strong though, I liked that but I am not sure why The Man don't use that instantly, might as well explain that.</p><p> </p><p> Another problem is that RKO Productions love to put wrestling reference inappropriately. Yes, you like wrestling but don't shove it randomly into anything and everything. The Man handled the police team like a boss then get RKOed and then stunned there by that? Ridiculous. There's also a Sweet Chin Music by Michael Shawn, oh my god on that name. One suggestion, if you really like wrestling, do a wrestling movie. It can be a drama like The Wrestler or a comedy like Nacho Libre. You can do every wrestling stuff in those movie and I won't complaint as much because it's legit and appropriate in this movie.</p><p> </p><p> Now, the final fight scene. That is one absurdly long fight scene, which I don't think is appropriate to a horror movie. Chimpanzombee, yes, the final fight is good on that one because it's an appropriate exchange of sword strikes. In this one, everyone turns into Terminator at the end with godlike endurance to play out one huge fight scenes that is just too long for its purpose. The final fight scene of a typical movie with a monster villain isn't going to be too long and usually involves a lucky strike of the hero to end it. Chamber is putting an action approach into a horror film, which is crazy because The Man is nearly indestructible, he can grow back arms and legs and is on full crazy mode in this one.</p><p> </p><p> Then, we have the ending...is this just a dream? You know, for many of the movies out there, I might say this is one bulls*** of an ending because it gives nothing to the movie but for Chamber, I have to admit that it fits beautifully. A dream is an appropriate explanation to the entire Chamber event because of the ridiculousness of it. It's not a great ending per say, but it sums the movie up well so I have to give it that.</p><p> </p><p> All in all, Chamber is yet another movie that is on the middle ground, it tries to be serious but then swings its way to the side road of ridiculousville. It's like a baby of Serendipity, Scary Movie and a typical kidnap-and-torture horror movie. This is more or less a <strong>1.5</strong> stars. It has potential to be more than that but the bad stuff just even it out.</p><p> </p><p> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Misc. Information</strong></p><p> </p><p> - Personally, I see this as more of a R-rated film, especially the final fight scene with the ridiculous body removal stuff. However, it still could work in PG-13, just less fit from my view. The whole movie is okay for PG-13 but the last part is just out of place from the previous tone.</p><p> </p><p> - The marketing and so on is obviously grand for this movie. While the initial review isn't too well, the film has a certain B-horror movie vibe and that attracts a fair share of horror fans that will just watch anything, as long as it's horror. Also, it's Halloween season, watching horror is like a must-do so no matter the quality, there will be a fair share of crowd.</p><p> </p><p> - You obviously don't like Serendipity, then don't do illogical thing like it. Cut out all the ridiculousness, you are getting nowhere with them.</p><p> </p><p> - When I mean using your stunt team, I don't mean putting all of those action scenes in a horror movie. Use it on the RIGHT genre -- action, sci-fi, fantasy, crime, a genre that NEEDS action scenes. A kidnap-slasher horror isn't about the quality of action scenes, so even if you have stunt team, it will not increase the film by a lot because it's not what the audience choose to focus on. They want horror, creepy atmosphere and gore.</p><p> </p><p> - I have suggested this in the review, perhaps you should play to your strength and do something you love...like wrestling movie? You can always try other films later on but now you need to survive and you need to earn profit, you should be doing something you know you CAN do and you LOVE to do.</p><p> </p><p> - You need to answer my question about nudity next time. And there's no actual nudity in this film, if you want nudity make sure you show them.</p><p> </p><p> - Lindsay Lohan's role is so little that she should be a support than a main character. She is getting paid though so she doesn't care.</p><p> </p><p> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> Revenue: 12,927,100</p><p> Budget: 7,932,700</p><p> ----------------------------</p><p> Gross Profit: 4,994,400</p><p> Post-release: 2,621,800</p><p> 10% Bonus: 499,440 </p><p> ----------------------------</p><p> Net Profit: 1,873,160</p><p> </p><p> RKO Productions' budget = $5,000,000 + $1,873,160 = $6,873,160</p><p> </p><p> Countdown to debt recollection: 3 movies to go</p><p> </p><p> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Impact</strong></p><p> </p><p> - Tim Burton is good in terms of the more "artsy" kind of horror and dark movie but a straightforward horror like Chamber isn't really one of his best. It's a fairly good try by him but it's still apparently not good enough for some fans. Tim Burton takes a small 0.05 SP hit. OOC: Try someone like John Carpenter, Wes Craven or Sam Raimi for this type of horror film, they are good at it.</p><p> </p><p> - Most of the cast did okay. Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez doesn't seem to show their body in this one while some ads say they do. This sort of false advertising is unacceptable for the pervs out there and both of them take a 0.10 SP hit. Others are safe but they really need to prove themselves next time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well. It's an improvement.</p>

<p>My 4th movie.......and no, It's not Orton punting everyone.....Trust me i'll get to that later.</p><p> </p><p>

But first, i'd just like to say..........i'm putting The Natemare Before Christmas on hold indefinatly, i'm just not ready yet.</p><p> </p><p>

............HOWEVER, I'd just like to say that thanks to my knowledge of the following movie, I, will, SURVIVE!</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:8px;">A guarenteed 3 stars.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Title: Generations</p><p>

Rating: G</p><p>

Genre: Action.</p><p>

Brief summary of the movie: When a teenager named Mark SOMEHOW gets a contract to AWE (Awesomness Wrestling Enterprises), he goes on the hottest storyline in history, but can he defeat the AWE Champion Quenton Banderas?</p><p>

Amount you plan to spend on production: $1,250,789</p><p>

Amount you plan to spend on marketing: $2,500,000</p><p>

You then must list the actors/actresses/directors you want to contact for this film. You should include things like:</p><p> </p><p>

Main Lead</p><p>

Thomas Horn as Mark, a rebellious 16 year old teenager.- (No nudity, No perks)</p><p>

Quenton Jackson as Quenton Banderas, a veteran and a natural heel, he's won the AWE IC, North American and more recently the AWE World Heavyweight Championshps. (No nudity, no perks(</p><p> </p><p>

Secondary Lead</p><p>

Randy Orton as Rage, One of the most sucessful wrestlers in AWE today, A 5 time AWE champion, and Mark's mentor.- (No nudity, No perks)</p><p> </p><p>

Nathan Jones as Jordan (Pronounced Ckh-horgan), a Norwegian brute, was once a 2 time IC champion, now lets the new talent lead the way. (No nudity, no perks.)</p><p> </p><p>

Gail Kim as Sin La Rita, Quenton's girlfriend. (No nudity, no perks.)</p><p> </p><p>

Minor</p><p> </p><p>

Chris Jericho as the AWE trainer. (No nudity, and....well, HE'S CHRIS JERICHO, I might as well give him at least a supporting role in a sequal!)</p><p> </p><p>

John Travolta <span style="font-size:8px;">(hoo boy....)</span> as Mr. MacMahan, the slightly insane owner of AWE. (no nudity and, although I guess you did a decent job as Claw Hiller....it's not enough, no perks. <span style="font-size:8px;">NEVER AGAIN!</span></p><p> </p><p>

John Morrision as AWE'S hottest prospect at the time, J.M Whitemere. (No nudity, no perks.)</p><p> </p><p>

Cameo</p><p>

Arnold Shwarzenegger as the Narrator. (No nudity and if I have the money for it, a future role in a sequal)</p><p> </p><p>

Other names like Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, The Rock, Steve Austin and select others will be mentioned in this movie.</p><p> </p><p>

Director: Steve Spielberg. (Five bucks says he can't make Generation a sucess!)</p>

*Takes full credit for the introduction scenes*

As far as Russell doing a wrestling movie, we've talked on Yahoo, and he plans on writing a movie that's just 2 hours of Randy Orton punting people in the head.

Seems easier to just youtube Orton punt and watch them for 2 hours.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@TheBooker

You are in, welcome to the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Russelrules44

I will get you later.

@EddiePnG

Grant, Inc. sponsor the 5,554,500 out of the 10,554,500 budget of Chamber. The new budget of Grant, Inc is 13,768,622

And then I forgot the Peter Stomore's 2% profit deal for The Chase, I have since implemented it, it's 152,768 to Peter Stomore so your new budget is $13,615,854.

Bonus Revamp

I have revamped the studio bonus, some of it:

Investor: They now gets bonus money per 5 films. It's just not worth it if what they get is an extra $2M when they start. Securing extra money every 5 films suits the name, "Investor". The bonus money gain will be reflected on their studio's money when they hit the 5 films mark. Initially, I am thinking a random range between 5% to 10% of the studio's budget at said time but it might change at times. The reason I use the studio's budget is to reflect the investment process, you need to have money to invest to earn more money and the more money you invested, the more you will gain back.

Adaptor: A bonus on star rating is too strong so I have decided to just make them a bonus on the negotiation process on the source material(the one you want to adapt) and also slightly profit increase. It's kind of like goodwill, when your studio is known for adaptation, of course fans are going to watch them, because they are likely to be good. This change is to give adaptor more profit on adaptation without playing with the star rating.

Current studios that would like to change to any of the two(Investor or Adaptor) can do so. It's optional, just a chance for you to change to them if you liked the changes(although I don't think there will be too many requests).

Trend

Time to roll the dice again:

- It's holiday season, so the hot genre is definitely drama and romance.

- Thriller emerges out of nowhere, thanks to a few top selling books that of the same genre.

- People are still seeking a good fantasy film. Maybe pair it up with the adventure genre as well, make sense to have a fantasy adventure film.

Seems easier to just youtube Orton punt and watch them for 2 hours.

@TheBooker

You are in, welcome to the game.

@Russelrules44

I will get you later.

@EddiePnG

Grant, Inc. sponsor the 5,554,500 out of the 10,554,500 budget of Chamber. The new budget of Grant, Inc is 13,768,622

And then I forgot the Peter Stomore's 2% profit deal for The Chase, I have since implemented it, it's 152,768 to Peter Stomore so your new budget is $13,615,854.

Bonus Revamp

I have revamped the studio bonus, some of it:

Investor: They now gets bonus money per 5 films. It's just not worth it if what they get is an extra $2M when they start. Securing extra money every 5 films suits the name, "Investor". The bonus money gain will be reflected on their studio's money when they hit the 5 films mark. Initially, I am thinking a random range between 5% to 10% of the studio's budget at said time but it might change at times. The reason I use the studio's budget is to reflect the investment process, you need to have money to invest to earn more money and the more money you invested, the more you will gain back.

Adaptor: A bonus on star rating is too strong so I have decided to just make them a bonus on the negotiation process on the source material(the one you want to adapt) and also slightly profit increase. It's kind of like goodwill, when your studio is known for adaptation, of course fans are going to watch them, because they are likely to be good. This change is to give adaptor more profit on adaptation without playing with the star rating.

Current studios that would like to change to any of the two(Investor or Adaptor) can do so. It's optional, just a chance for you to change to them if you liked the changes(although I don't think there will be too many requests).

Trend

Time to roll the dice again:

- It's holiday season, so the hot genre is definitely drama and romance.

- Thriller emerges out of nowhere, thanks to a few top selling books that of the same genre.

- People are still seeking a good fantasy film. Maybe pair it up with the adventure genre as well, make sense to have a fantasy adventure film.

I would like to change to Marketing Genius.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would like to change to Marketing Genius.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can only change to Adaptor or Investor...or stay where you are.</p><p> </p><p> And I need director for Generation.</p><p> </p><p> Also, fact checks. You need to do better than this to "make" career or even be "gatekeepers". Gatekeepers, I would say perhaps the 2.5 range. 1.5 stars is just breaking careers. Try harder with your next one and may it be your best film. Your are technically losing money with your last one, since it takes like 5M of Eddie's money to sustain and provide that 1M++ profit to you.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheBooker" data-cite="TheBooker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would love to know about the rights of DC's Aquaman and Flash?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Since you are new, they are fairly defensive on their property. However, they do appreciate the interest in having more DC movies out there, they really needed them to have a fair fight against the dominating Avengers.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Flash</strong></p><p> - They will take 33% of the profit</p><p> - They would like a good talent to be Flash. They are eligible to give feedback and suggestion on your casting choice of the Flash character.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Aquaman</strong></p><p> - They will take 25% of the profit</p><p> - They would like a good talent to be Aquaman. They are eligible to give feedback and suggestion on your casting choice of the Aquaman character.</p><p> </p><p> They would prefer you to choose one of them and show them what you can do with them unless you plan to use both of them in the same movie, then they will be fine with you taking them both and they will offer you another deal with "Flash & Aquaman". So, do tell me if you want both of them in the same movie.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can only change to Adaptor or Investor...or stay where you are.<p> </p><p> And I need director for Generation.</p><p> </p><p> Also, fact checks. You need to do better than this to "make" career or even be "gatekeepers". Gatekeepers, I would say perhaps the 2.5 range. 1.5 stars is just breaking careers. Try harder with your next one and may it be your best film. Your are technically losing money with your last one, since it takes like 5M of Eddie's money to sustain and provide that 1M++ profit to you.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Since you are new, they are fairly defensive on their property. However, they do appreciate the interest in having more DC movies out there, they really needed them to have a fair fight against the dominating Avengers.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Flash</strong></p><p> - They will take 33% of the profit</p><p> - They would like a good talent to be Flash. They are eligible to give feedback and suggestion on your casting choice of the Flash character.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Aquaman</strong></p><p> - They will take 25% of the profit</p><p> - They would like a good talent to be Aquaman. They are eligible to give feedback and suggestion on your casting choice of the Aquaman character.</p><p> </p><p> They would prefer you to choose one of them and show them what you can do with them unless you plan to use both of them in the same movie, then they will be fine with you taking them both and they will offer you another deal with "Flash & Aquaman". So, do tell me if you want both of them in the same movie.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Investor it is.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Aquaman</strong></p><p> - They will take 25% of the profit</p><p> - They would like a good talent to be Aquaman. They are eligible to give feedback and suggestion on your casting choice of the Aquaman character.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm going to go with Aquaman since he seems to be the red headed stepchild of DC Comics lore.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheBooker" data-cite="TheBooker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm going to go with Aquaman since he seems to be the red headed stepchild of DC Comics lore.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And that's always felt brutally unfair. Especially with what animation's done to the Hawkcouple over the years. At least Aquaman's been allowed to retain his personality and power base. The Hawks have been separated, rendered mostly useless, and in Hawkgirl's case devolved into a mindless barbarian. How they aren't more mocked than Aquaman is beyond me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Investor it is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Aye, I gave you $1M for the switch since investor is all about money. A start with investor gives you $2M, so a change-up gives you $1M sounds appropriate to me.</p><p> </p><p> And I still need director for Generation.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy this thread more from the perspective of an observer rather than as a player. So I'm going to resign from my studio. Please give my talent whatever downside or severance package is necessary and send them on their way.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I understand and thanks for trying. I am really thinking of just switching to a lite version if that can bags more players, I guess this current one just takes too much time to participate.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheBooker" data-cite="TheBooker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm going to go with Aquaman since he seems to be the red headed stepchild of DC Comics lore.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Aye, Aquaman is yours.</p>