[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles - December 2013

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>I hate that I keep stumbling on things after posting.</p><p>

- Kenta Kobashi should not have a contract with AJPW. He was rumored to have taken a job, but it was never made official and Dory Funk Jr. was made PWF Chairman instead.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Silva" data-cite="Silva" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hate that I keep stumbling on things after posting.<p> - Kenta Kobashi should not have a contract with AJPW. He was rumored to have taken a job, but it was never made official and Dory Funk Jr. was made PWF Chairman instead.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its all helpful so don't worry. I'm determined to make this one of the most fun real world data sets so all these things you're finding are helping towards that goal.</p>

AJ style is back in ROH, it was announced a few hours ago on there mainsite

Thing with AJ Styles from what I've been told from many others is his appearances are just to play up the "out of contract" story with TNA. He may appear to be "back on the indies" but he has officially signed a new deal with TNA - kind of like the whole CM Punk story a few years back. I could give him a PPA with the companies that have advertised him to appear along with a PPA for TNA if everyone thinks that's the way to go, but I think the January 4th ROH show will be his only appearance for them. If the majority want me to put AJ on PPA for ROH, 2CW, ICW etc then I will.

The dirtsheets seem to change their opinion on the Styles stuff every day. Lately it's been "he's secretly signed a new deal" but as of this morning the song was "talks have fallen through and there is no new deal as of right now". Your best bet is probably to just leave him without any contracts right now and fill them in right before the release. If he isn't back with TNA by then I'd leave him without a deal there but with deals in other places he's signed on for.

My main concern here, in regards to realism, is that him not having the written TNA deal will leave him ripe for AI-controlled WWE's picking when actual WWE has (allegedly, but it seems reasonable given the type they're currently going for) no interest in him. I feel like he's one of very few people who are overrated in this data, with stats more akin to how genuinely fantastic he used to be than how... not quite that... he is now. Don't get me wrong, he's better than ever in some ways -- over the years he's learned to tell actual stories in the ring instead of just putting on gymnastic shows and not worrying about the drama -- but time decline seems to have started setting in. It's pretty clear that the style he's always worked has taken its toll on him. Hell, TNA had to come up with a long-term story arc and complete character revamp just to make people accept that he's slowing his style down a bit. If he's going to be floating around the indies where WWE could pick him up and have him doing main events in two months because of how good his stats are, I'd maybe take a look at some of the more physically demanding ones and bring them down a little to reflect his current work. I'm not saying completely gimp him or anything, just bring him down enough that he's not one of the best in the game world. Because as much as I like him, he's just not what he used to be. Or maybe set in a hard time decline, probably for like this year or last so it's just now starting, to have the game simulate that for you. I'd probably do both, really. A simmering tension or some other relationship with Vince McMahon to just keep the AI from signing him outright would also have its merits, especially since you can delete it in or out of game if you're playing as WWE and want him, but banning AI WWE from signing him at all seems like a bit much. Stranger things have happened, after all. But I feel like with his current stats WWE would end up going for him 10 out of 10 times, which is honestly less realistic than never at all. Hopefully re-evaluating his stats might make the game world treat him a bit more appropriately than it currently does.

Give WWE or Vince some set instructions when it comes to signings. Their main reason for not signing Styles is apparently his age and size coupled with the fact they've invested so much in NXT that they want to focus entirely on that for future stars.

Anyway, I'd go with 1 or 3 month PPA for all the indies he's signed with. People who want to start with one of those promotions deserve to reap the benefits. His overness will prevent him resigning and if a way is worked in to stop WWE signing him, then going back to TNA around March/April will be the only option for him.

That would create bigger issues, though, wouldn't it? It would keep AI WWE from signing AJ or Daniels or people like that but they'd also never sign talents like The Rock, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, or Hulk Hogan -- all of whom will probably be back to do at least something in the build up to WrestleMania 30. And I'm not sure how that policy works with contract renewals but if the AI follows the same rules for renewals as it does for signings then the vast majority of WWE's main event scene would be gone the second their existing deals ran out.

It sucks that the game doesn't have smarter hiring rules. They're almost useless in their current form but a system based on a sort of "If ____ then ____" type of idea would be incredible. Like, "If -Over 35 Years Old- and -Less than C+ popularity in US- then -Don't Sign-" or something. Sort of like the way smart playlists work in iTunes. If done correctly you could literally have every company in the game act like it would in real life.

In any event, I imagine TNA'll end up signing AJ back so it won't really be a big deal. He could probably make just as much on the indies, at least at first, as in TNA but it'd come at the cost of more effort, more travel, less security, less glamour, and a lot more work. If he's never going to rise above TNA then it'd be stupid of him not to squeeze the last few dollars he can out of them since the company seems to be winding down at about the same rate he is and probably won't be around forever.

I shall leave AJs contracts until an hour before release then. Seems the easiest way. I have lowered his stats and put a hard decline in to start as part of the hard declines I was doing. Despite him not being as good as he once was, he still ranks up there with some of the best with his style.

<p>I'm not sure on all the hiring rules, so I don't really know. Maybe stop WWE signing Japanese Juniors? It would prevent them signing Richards and Edwards but it looks like they'll never get to the main roster anyway if they do ever sign with NXT.</p><p> </p><p>

Maybe it's worth running a test, I'm not convinced that WWE would sign Styles anyway. What is his popularity, around a C? That would prevent the indies being able to re-sign him when his 3 month PPAs are up but not enough to make WWE want to sign him, especially if he's entering time decline. So he'll probably wind up back in TNA.</p>

Some work has been done with regards to TNA worker stats as looking through them again they still seemed quite high (and overly so on some). There still might be some that people feel are bloated, and if so an argument can be made for those to be changed after the next release (no point now as no one knows what I've edited them too).

<p>From the go I've had on the mod it seems a lot of people's stats are too high. Especially indie people. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm not saying they should be nerfed right the way down just because they're indie but some have top level WWE talent stats.</p><p> </p><p>

Some young WWE workers stats seem a bit high for their age.</p>

From the go I've had on the mod it seems a lot of people's stats are too high. Especially indie people.

I'm not saying they should be nerfed right the way down just because they're indie but some have top level WWE talent stats.

Some young WWE workers stats seem a bit high for their age.

Thanks for the feedback. Some of the workers probably have been rated a bit higher due to it being virtually impossible for one person to compare over 1000 workers every time one is added, but could you give me some you think that are too highly rated and maybe reasons why you think those people should be lower than someone in WWE? Also please remember that just because they are on the Indy scene, does not automatically mean a worker is worse in ring or less entertaining than those that work for WWE. There are a lot of workers on the Indies that are better in ring performers than those in WWE, and the reason they don't get signed by WWE is because they don't work the "WWE way" which is predominantly an entertainer.

<p>Yeah, I definitely wouldn't say that the bulk of the guys on the indies (or in WWE, really) are overrated in this set. I'm sure there are plenty of specific instances where people are a little inflated since nobody's perfect but on the whole this data plays better than any present day mod ever has. Definitely don't think there needs to be any kind of massive evaluation of the wrestler data or anything like what Winter seems to be suggesting.</p><p> </p><p>

And yeah, the notion that WWE has ALL of the best talent is laughable. They definitely have most of the best camera/entertainment talents and they absolutely have several of the best in-ring talents as well but there are plenty of WWE-caliber guys both today and in the past who have never/will never set foot in a WWE ring. That's like the silliest thing I've ever heard, haha.</p>

I have just hit a huge problem that has really pissed me off in that my hard drive has just gone and messed up. I am attempting a repair of it but at this stage it does not look good. If I cant get back what Ive done there will be no January update. To say Im angry is an understatement.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fleisch" data-cite="Fleisch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have just hit a huge problem that has really pissed me off in that my hard drive has just gone and messed up. I am attempting a repair of it but at this stage it does not look good. If I cant get back what Ive done there will be no January update. To say Im angry is an understatement.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To quote the Iron Sheik: "FACKIN' BOO-SH*****T!" Nothing worse than the hard drive messing up. This wasn't caused by one of those "great" Windows updates, was it? >.<</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fleisch" data-cite="Fleisch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have just hit a huge problem that has really pissed me off in that my hard drive has just gone and messed up. I am attempting a repair of it but at this stage it does not look good. If I cant get back what Ive done there will be no January update. To say Im angry is an understatement.</div></blockquote><p> I feel for you, buddy. I once lost over seven years worth of photos, writing, etc. in a totally unexplainable hard drive failure. It's the worst.</p><p> </p><p> Good luck getting it to work. If you can't, at the very least you've got the thread here to help you get (partially) back to where you were whenever you decide to hop back on the horse!</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for all the free work you do on these either way.</p>

Well the bad news is everything is lost. Absolutely annoyed as its not just this data I've lost. My Diablo X data is also gone along with all the new logos. Hours upon hours of work just erased in seconds. If I can muster up the desire to redo this then February is likely to be the next release but it seems like too much work... especially all the new worker cuts I'd done.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fleisch" data-cite="Fleisch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well the bad news is everything is lost. Absolutely annoyed as its not just this data I've lost. My Diablo X data is also gone along with all the new logos. Hours upon hours of work just erased in seconds. If I can muster up the desire to redo this then February is likely to be the next release but it seems like too much work... <strong>especially all the new worker cuts I'd done.</strong></div></blockquote><p> Feel free to send me over (by PM if you want it kept a secret) a list of names and I'll bash them out for you; it'll at least give you a chance to concentrate on the data when/if you feel like starting up again.</p>

Archived