What are your feelings on jobbing out announcers and managers?

Is it gamey or legit?

A lot of announcers/managers have been involved in wrestling matches who are not wrestlers.

Jonathan Coachman has jobbed a lot but Jim Ross has a winning record.

There have been even more fueds with announcers than matches.

Is jobbing out announcers exploiting the game in how easy it is to regain popularity?

Or is it a realistic recreation of what happens in the wrestling business?

Referees as well since they gain pop easily too. Earl Hebner is 2-1 but definitely jobbed to Ethan Carter III.

Never done it. It's hardly ever felt like it fit my product. Now on the other hand I have jobbed guys out TO announcers and managers. Not very often but I have. Typically this happens when a guy with a bad personality has honked me off by stirring the pot and I want to fire him but nothing he's done rises to that level yet. When this happens, I'll put on a special show where every single person on the roster, including announcers, managers and referees get a one minute squash to just utterly grind the offender under my heel. Usually this results in me getting notice the next day that the offending worker has demanded their release and once they get it, they typically have a strong dislike or hatred of me. I'm typically a velvet glove promoter but this is the surest way for me to take the iron fist out of the velvet glove and drop the hammer right on someone's head.

<p>If you are running a legit program with an announcer, then no problem.</p><p> </p><p>

If you are just using announcers literally as jobbers to build pop for other workers, then yes, that's pretty cheap and is obviously abusing the game mechanics. In real world wrestling nobody gains popularity by beating an announcer in the ring.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37639" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you are running a legit program with an announcer, then no problem.<p> </p><p> If you are just using announcers literally as jobbers to build pop for other workers, then yes, that's pretty cheap and is obviously abusing the game mechanics. In real world wrestling nobody gains popularity by beating an announcer in the ring.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do announcers and such even gain that much popularity so easilly by announcing that it is enough to leech into other workers?</p>

<p>I've admittedly done the opposite. (Putting workers behind the table) , though it's usually when I'm trying to sell a storyline injury, whilst keeping them relevant. Though, one time I did it and completely forgot, and I had Mainstream Hernandez as a colour guy for like, a year. I could picture it in my head, the other two guys always asking when he's going to get back in the ring, and he just changes the subject and goes back to the match.</p><p> </p><p>

They do get a decent popularity boost from it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mtimmins" data-cite="mtimmins" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37639" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've admittedly done the opposite. (Putting workers behind the table) , though it's usually when I'm trying to sell a storyline injury, whilst keeping them relevant. Though, one time I did it and completely forgot, and I had Mainstream Hernandez as a colour guy for like, a year. I could picture it in my head, the other two guys always asking when he's going to get back in the ring, and he just changes the subject and goes back to the match.<p> </p><p> They do get a decent popularity boost from it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Closest I've come to doing that is putting a fading valet or manager behind the mic as a color commentator to make sure they still have a place in the business.</p>

<p>I wouldn't consider it "gamey" or even worthwhile given the match would be rated so poorly it could decrease the workers popularity because of it and hurts your show.</p><p> </p><p>

In my 87 game I had Stallone on Color and jobbed him on occassion with decent grades since he was actually a wrestler albeit a bad one and ditto for Mr T. I don't consider it gamey because the reason they gain that popularity is due to high charisma and mic and I was paying them a lot of money(Stallone made like 40k)</p>

Archived