DIW: Worlds Apart

<p>Universe 2, Show 8</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Thursday, Week 1, August 2014</strong></p><p><strong>

Cleaning Cupboard, Marv's Sports Central</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sheikh:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">So glad you could make it! Tea?</span></p><p>

<strong>The Comedian: </strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Nuh-uh. No. Out. Not your office.</span></p><p>

<strong>Big Jim: </strong><span style="color:#2E8B57;">I think what The Comedian's tryin-a say, mate, is- </span></p><p>

<strong>Sheikh: </strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">A LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA. Fat Khim, you are guest in Sheikh's office. You speak when spoken to. By me. Anyway, reason Sheikh call y-</span></p><p>

<strong>Big Jim: </strong><span style="color:#2E8B57;">Jim.</span></p><p>

<strong>Sheikh: </strong> [long pause] <span style="color:#FF0000;">What?</span></p><p>

<strong>Big Jim: </strong><span style="color:#2E8B57;">My name is Jim. There is no K in it. I've been polite up until now, but seriously mate! Enough is enough!</span></p><p>

<strong>Sheikh: </strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">You dare challenge Sheikh?! YOU CHALLENGE GREATEST FREE RUNNER ARAB PENINSULA EVER SEE?!</span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The Sheikh stands up in the cramped space and tries to rip his shirt off. Unfortunately, he ends up knocking a mop handle into The Comedian's face which knocks the cigarette out of his mouth and onto the floor. The Comedian bats the mop away, knocking a bottle of turps off the shelf, which then starts seeping out, while the Sheikh somehow punctures the metal air duct above him with his oversized sovereign ring on his flailing hands. The room starts to fill with turps fumes and steam.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sheikh: </strong>[coughing] <span style="color:#FF0000;">Sheikh meant to do that!</span></p><p>

<strong>The Comedian: </strong>[struggling to breathe] <span style="color:#0000FF;">OUT! NOW!</span></p><p>

<strong>Sheikh: </strong>[hacking up a lung]<span style="color:#FF0000;"> IT HARD TO MOVE. CHRIS HAD HARD TIME GETTING IN KKHHHERE, HARDER TIME GETTING OUT NOW!</span></p><p>

<strong>Big Jim: </strong>[coughing up his skeleton] <span style="color:#2E8B57;">STRIKE ME FLAMIN' ROAN! GET OFF THE BLOODY CAMEL, YOU DAFT BUGGER!</span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The three men and now heavily sedated camel eventually manage to get out after a Three Stooges style struggle to get out of the narrow door. It takes them a moment to recover.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Comedian: </strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Swear to God, mate...</span></p><p>

<strong>Big Jim: </strong><span style="color:#2E8B57;">What is it you called us down here for anyway?</span></p><p>

<strong>Sheikh: </strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">I never called Fat Sidekick. Only boss man.</span></p><p>

<strong>The Comedian: </strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">On with it!</span></p><p>

<strong>Sheikh: </strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Right. Sheikh - Advisor to Sultan, designer of great Iranian flag - know something about missing money!</span></p><p>

<strong>The Comedian: </strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Oh?</span></p><p>

<strong>Sheikh: </strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">Yes. $4800 missing again last month. Very sad. Still inspecting, like Cumulus, detective with cigar and smelly coat and funny eye, yes?</span></p><p>

<strong>The Comedian:</strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Wh.. THAT'S IT?!</span></p><p>

<strong>Sheikh:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Yes, sir!</span></p><p>

<strong>The Comedian: </strong><strong><span style="color:#800080;">I'VE FU-</span></strong></p><p>

<strong>Marv:</strong> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">And just what the bloody hell have you hoons done now?! IS THAT BLOODY CUPBOARD ON FIRE?!</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>________________</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

DIW Faceful of Fist</strong></p><p><strong>

Friday, Week 3, August 2014</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><span style="color:#000080;">APOCALUDA: Warmonger talks to the crowd </span></strong></span><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><span style="color:#000080;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(D-)</span></span></strong></span></p><p>

<strong>Warmonger:</strong> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">For far too long, the BarraCUUUUDAS have been getting away with sin after SIIIIIIIIN! By the power of my Great Uncle, the Very Reverend Cheesemonger, I vow that by the end of Festive Facesmash, The Apocalypse will have the Tag Title, the BarraCUUUUDAS will be gone and order will be reSTOOOOORED.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Uh-oh... who's this...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Vaughan:</strong> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">Do you ever shut up, mate?</span></p><p>

<strong>Warmonger:</strong> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">JUSTICE CAN NEVER BE SILEEEEENCED!</span></p><p>

<strong>Vaughan: </strong> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">You're just getting hysterical now. Like a Sheila!</span></p><p>

<strong>Crowd:</strong> [gasps]</p><p>

<strong>Warmonger: </strong> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">That is IIIIIIIT Vaughan. That. Is. IIIIIIIT! I will not work with convict SSSSSCUUUUUUMMMMM! For I am descended from the Mighty COSTERMOOOOONGER!</span></p><p>

<strong>Vaughan:</strong> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">Whatever, mate! That's fruit by the way. Always thought you were a bit...</span> [pauses]</p><p>

<strong>Warmonger:</strong> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">A bit WHAAAAAT?</span></p><p>

<strong>Vaughan:</strong> [savouring the moment] <span style="color:#FF8C00;">...FRUITY!</span></p><p> </p><p>

It descends into a massive brawl after that, which security eventually break up. It seems the stage is set for an upcoming bout betwixt these two gladiators.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Warmonger:</strong> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">You shall PAAAAAY! You and your CHUUUUUM! Face me and the honourable Hatemonger toNIIIIIGHT. And there'll be no escape once you're inside the CAAAAAAA-JUUUUHHHH.</span></p><p>

<strong>Vaughan:</strong> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">Inside the what?!</span></p><p>

<strong>Warmonger:</strong> <span style="color:#2E8B57;">Have you no FLAAAARE for the dramatic?! Cage. Cage! CAAAAAGE!</span></p><p>

<strong>Vaughan:</strong> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">Righto. Reckon I'll see you later then...</span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Looks like Warmonger's got his mojo back. About ruddy time!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">God of War reveals Big Jim is his new manager</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"> (E+)</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Let's just move on from this segment. I'll explain why shortly.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">Reggie Tate defeats Sheikh in 1v1</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(F)</span></span></strong></p><p>

An awful match with no heat, Reggie defeats the Sheikh by pinfall with a roll-up.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Reggie and Sheikh Ali have great chemistry. And as a Brucie Bonus, I think I've accomplished the impossible here: THE CROWD WERE BROUGHT DOWN by this match. Occasional Z, I challenge you to upset the DIW faitfhul in your next show!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">APOCALUDA: Vaughan steals keys from Warmonger's locker</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"> (E-)</span></span></strong></p><p>

After the earlier brawl, Vaughan sneaks into Warmonger's titanium vault of a locker using his convict wiles (i.e. safecracking and extreme violence) and steals the keys to Warmonger's ride - a customised vintage Ceturion Battle Tank with chrome detail, jacked suspension, LED enhanced caterpillar tracks and modified barrel fitted with (hopefully) fake nuclear warheads. Mmmm, classy!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Not sure really how Vaughan stuffed that up so badly. Disappointing.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">Big Jim hypes God of War v Milton Hittlespitz match</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E+)</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Honestly thought Jim would be better than this.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">Wez Dobberly defeats Surfer Dude Lucas</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E-)</span></span></strong></p><p>

By submission with a Full Nelson at 6:04.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Bit miffed at this low grade too. I thought Wez was better than an E-.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">DIESEL POWERED: Tombstone taunts Dan </span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E-)</span></span></strong></p><p>

<strong>Tombstone:</strong> <span style="color:#800080;">Yeeeeeah, I'm stoked, mate. STOKED! None of the other challengers can get this belt off you, but I will. Once that happens, you're mine. Big Rig was a mate, and I'm gonna get to the bottom of where he went.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Dan's had enough of being trolled by the double-bearded one and storms into the ring, intent on battering Tombstone into silence...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">DIESEL POWERED: Diesel Dan defeated Tombstone in an I Quit match to retain the Bloodstained Belt</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E)</span></span></strong></p><p>

Dan has had it after months of vague accusation, hyperbole and innuendo being thrown at him by Tombstone. He has something to prove in this match, and practically choking Tombstone to the point his eyes start bulging was the best way of doing this. Tombstone has just enough energy to tap out before collapsing in a heap. Death Ref, who has been enjoying a Castlemain XXXX ("shockingly good beer for all the family!"), takes his time finishing before calls for the bell.</p><p> </p><p>

Dan puts his foot on Tombstone's chest and hoists the title above his head, to the boos of the crowd. Tombstone, it appears, was playing possum (Not a Dame Edna reference. Not after only eight shows...), topples Dan and viciously beats him with the Bloodstained Belt. He dumps it on a barely conscious Dan and staggers off backstage. <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E-)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Tombstone's speech didn't go down well - I forgot to Script it. The match itself had a good crowd, the wrestling was awful. Dan was tired towards the end - probably should avoid using the Go All Out note. There is a part of me wondering if this feud was ever a good idea considering it's never got much above an E+...</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">God of War challenges Milton Hittlespitz, who accepts</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E+)</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></strong>God of War is backstage when he bumps into Milton Hittlespitz.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>God of War:</strong><span style="color:#FF0000;"> Hey, mate.</span></p><p>

<strong>Milton:</strong><span style="color:#008000;"> Heyyyy dude, how's it going?</span></p><p>

<strong>God of War:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;"> Balls out, mate, I'm as bored as a wallaby at the opera.</span></p><p>

<strong>Milton:</strong> <span style="color:#008000;">I'm sorry to hea-</span></p><p>

<strong>God of War:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">So let's fight, yeah?</span></p><p>

<strong>Milton:</strong> <span style="color:#008000;"> What?</span></p><p>

<strong>God of War:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Great, see you in the ring later!</span></p><p>

<strong>Milton:</strong> <span style="color:#008000;">Wh...?</span></p><p> </p><p>

God of War opens a tinny and walks away. Milton isn't sure what's just happened so stays to replay the conversation in his head.</p><p>

</p><p><em>

I appear to have made some heinous mis-calculations when trying to work out who's good doing angles... Doesn't seem to have affected God of War too much though - he's over enough to be a Main Eventer at this point.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">APOCALUDA: The Apocalypse defeat Barracudas 2.0 in a Cage match to win Tag Title</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"> (E+)</span></span></strong></p><p>

So, this is it. No escape, no chance of interference. Just four men in a ring, here to batter the living snot out of each other. It's a tense few minutes as the ex-convict Barracudas resort to dirty tactics. Thanks to some slick counters, both 'Mongers come out unscathed. The Apocalypse are working in total sync, with double dropkicks, double clotheslines and an exciting bout of Piggy in the Middle when Blitz Simpson is passed back and forth over the head of a bewildered Vaughan.</p><p> </p><p>

The Barracudas do manage some offense, but being forced to fight cleanly is not their forté. They manage to briefly squash Hatemonger up against the cage and try to squeeze him through the gaps like Play-Doh, but this just energises Warmonger more as he comes windmilling in. Blitz quickly reads the situation and rolls out of the way. Despite shouting to Vaughan to do the same, Vaughan has got cocky and tries to use Hatemonger as a human shield in an attempt to get Warmonger to beat up his own team-mate.</p><p> </p><p>

Wrong tactic - Hatemonger goes limp, meaning Vaughan can't hold onto him as Warmonger wears him down with punch after punch and makes an easy pin. Un, deux, trois and the 'Mongers have the DIW Tag Title fair and square in 11:51.</p><p> </p><p>

Blitz can't believe Vaughan could be so reckless and immediately starts pummelling him - there's no hope of them working together after this. The victors are at the top of the ramp, enjoying the glory as Blitz leaves the ring, stunned, and Vaughan stays down in the ring in a puddle of his own blood. <span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>(E-)</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

Despite the grades, I've finally made a good chunk of progress with this story, and both 'Mongers more than proved themselvs out there, lasting nearly 12 minutes. I think there's only the Comedian can rival that stamina at the moment.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">God of War defeats Milton in a First Blood match </span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E+)</span></span></strong></p><p>

God of War busts open Milton in 6:54 after Big Jim distracted Milton.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>God of War was tiring by the end - tried to use the Go All Out note again... I just won't bother anymore. Also, making it a dirty win just doesn't feel right somehow. I feel that God of War, despite being a heel, can more than hold is own in a ring without resorting to dirty tactics. More on this in a moment though...</em></p><p><em>

</em></p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">APOCALUDA: The Comedian bans Vaughan from re-entering the building</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"> (D+)</span></span></strong></p><p>

The Comedian storms down to the ring with a mic in his hand.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Vaughan walks into a bar and asks for a drink. The bartender says "pack your bags and get out, or I'll have you arrested for stealing from Warmonger, you ******* crim!" Ten minutes, bogan. Ever see you here again, I call the cops.</span></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">

</span></p><p>

<em>D+, get in Comedian, my son! So yeah, it's not in keeping with the monosyllabic man of mystery thing. I made a deal with myself though - the only times he's allowed to break that rule is when he's telling a joke or going berserk at Dumfrey Pinn, and Pinn isn't around anymore. Sooo...</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">ROOM AT THE TOP: The Comedian defeats Mace Mueller to retain DIW Championship</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E+)</span></span></strong></p><p>

Mace was already given a chance to face off against the DIW Owner by Pinn back in May, but Pinn had some kind of vendetta against his young lackey. Angus McMiller is a bit more fair in that department and decided to give Mace a fair shot, without having the deck stacked against him.</p><p> </p><p>

However, the Comedian is still pretty annoyed by Vaughan's disregard of the law and goes to town on Mace's body with hammer blows, armbars, dropkicks - basically any kind of pain he can inflict. McMiller and The Void both try interfering with the Comedian. McMiller by trying to grab at The Comedian's legs and The Void by freestyling gothic poetry from the apron. Mace makes a good fist of deflecting some of the onslaught, but after 10 minutes, he's clearly worn down and The Comedian makes the pinfall with a Running Powerslam.</p><p> </p><p>

The Comedian celebrates in his own unique way. He grabs his festival chair from under the ring, plonks himself down in it, sparks up a cigarette and opens a tinny. <span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>(E+)</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

Wez Dobberly storms down the ramp and into the ring. He stubs the smoke out in the Comedian's tinny then dropkicks him. <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Angus picks up a mic and congratulates Wez on a job well done and decides it's Wez's turn to try and win the gold next show for McMiller Enterprises. The Comedian makes an obscene gesture, which Angus takes to mean "challenge accepted". The crowd are then given a 10 minute countdown to leave, or they'll be locked in the sweat-stained venue until the next show. <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E)</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>So, Mace and The Comedian faced off in May and got a D-. Not really sure why this one was a lower grade. I suspect my rather flimsy attempt to follow Perfect Show Theory might have something to do with it. Must work on that next show...</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">Post-show</span></span></strong></p><p>

Overall grade: <strong><span style="color:#A0522D;">D-</span></strong> (at least I'm consistent)</p><p>

Attendance: <strong>248</strong></p><p>

Finance: <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">$750 LOSS</span></strong><strong> for August</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>So, I made a peculiar decision for this show to have Big Jim start managing God of War. It didn't seem to get any good or bad notes in the match results, and like I said before, I don't really see God of War as needing a manager, so after this show I just quietly dropped the whole idea as a silly mistake.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

I'd made a massive numerical error with Vaughan's contract, thinking he was with DIW until January 2015. Turns out his contract was up in September, so I had to hastily bring forward The Apocalypse winning the title. With the Comedian not allowing me to hire ex-cons, I didn't really have much option here - which is a shame, cos I was starting to get somewhere with the new Barracudas team.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

I chose to respond to RAW's slurs against DIW last month with an open mic night in which members of the roster could tell mean jokes, with the best ones going into DIW's official podcast (Punch in the Pods). I think it put them in their place.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Like Mr Z, I'm starting a minor shakeup after this show. I'm pushing to wrap up existing storylines as of September's show and start building up to the Festive Facesmash season finale in December.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Oh, and this is the last month I made stupid losses due to drug testing. Whether that actually means I'll turn a profit now is anyone's guess...</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Until then, Mr Z!</em></p>

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Origins Story

Monday, Week 2, March 2010

Number 47 Bus Stop, Wellington, New Zealand

John Gordon: When is this bus going to get here?!

Guru Vishni: Patience, Brother Gordon. Transportation will arrive momentarily. Allow me to cogitate.

John Gordon: Yup, sure, whatever. I just want to get there on time!

Guru Vishni: [Chanting] Mmmmm, transcendental miasmaaaa.... Mmmmm, Gaia's fertile ovariiieeeessss....

Old lady: Blow me down, bugalugs! You plan on being quiet at any point?!

Guru Vishni: Shush, Elder Human Vessel. The time approaches. Mmmmm, thermodynamic brotherhooood...

An eerie green glow starts to form in the bus stop near the old lady.

John Gordon: Look out!

John jumps to (gently!) push the old woman out of the way as a bolt of lightening hits the bus stop right where Gordon is standing. Suddenly, everything returns to normal.

Guru Vishni: Ahh, just as Guru predicted. The bus arrives presently.

Old lady: Thank Gawd! About bloody time! You're as stupid as a two bob watch, you are! [she turns to John] And you're no better! Encouraging him!

John smiles meekly as the bus pulls up to the bus stop. And that's when we realise something peculiar has happened this day.

Universe 1:

John takes a step back and allows the kindly old dear to alight the vehicle. She smiles sweetly, as Guru Vishni pushes past John with his nose in the air; disappointed with the gratuitous show of charity. John looks at the magnificent blue sky and takes a lungful of clean, honest Kiwi air, assured that a good deed has been done, and gets on the bus.

Driver: Where you off to, mate?

John Gordon: The orphanage! To read to the orphans!

Universe 2:

The vicious old bat pushes past John and starts to get on the bus. John isn't at all happy with this flagrant disregard of social niceties. He picks up the woman round the waist and puts her down behind Guru Vishni. John then gets on the bus and sits down without paying as Guru nods his head in silent approval.

Driver: Oi! Where are you going?

John Gordon: The orphanage... to burn it down...

One man has just begun his journey on two very different paths...

<p>Universe 1, Show 9</p><p> </p><p>

<em>So, here is our first 'removing drug testing to save money' show...I got some ideas (I hesitate to put good ahead of ideas) let's see how this 'real new era' (a Dixie Carter moment for you there) plays out</em></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>DIW Hardcore Hangover</strong></p><p><strong>

Saturday Week 1, September 2013</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre Show</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Vance Sturt, Chopper Rourke and Vaughan beat Asylum, Menace to Sobriety and The Kipper in a weapons match when Sturt pinned Menace (E)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Vance Sturt is my first new hire, I'm giving the Barracudas a make over and he's going to be their new leader. They needed a main eventer level leader to be taken seriously and a win to give them some momentum.</em></p><p>

</p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

Main Show</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>John Gordon beat The Void (E-)</strong></p><p>

<em>...and so debuts my John Gordon, the nicest man in Australia. With a medicore match against half decent The Void. Was hoping for more here.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nigel Darling is the new commissioner! (D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Darling:</strong><span style="color:#FF0000;"> "Hello guys and girls, hello! Now when Dumphrey Pinn left to join APW </span>(crowd boos) <span style="color:#FF0000;">he needed somebdy to run this ship. So he asked me! I jumped at the chance to bring out the best out of these hard working wrestlers! As a representative of the Australian Sports Commission, I want to see fair play and sportsmanship in DIW!</span> (crowd boos) <span style="color:#FF0000;">I want to see everyone work together and give you the best sports entertainment in Australia! </span>(Crowd boos and throws bottles)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>When I saw Darling's bio, I had to have him. I'm not a fan of authority figures in wrestling, it's been done to death, but done correctly it's can be excellent. I'm sure I'll mess it up....</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Darling books The Comedian into a match with Blitz Simpson...if he loses, he's fired (D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The Comedian stomps out to the ring and points his cricket bat at Darling</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">"My ring. Piss off."</span></p><p>

<strong>Darling:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">"Well, eh Mr Comedian, sir...that's not true is it? Want to tell these fans why you had to sell up to Mr Pinn?"</span></p><p>

<strong>Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">"Knock knock."</span></p><p>

<strong>Darling:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">"Who's there?"</span></p><p>

<strong>Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">"Bad gambling debts."</span></p><p>

<strong>Darling:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">"Well then! I'm in charge then, I guess. I'm a fair boss though. How about we have a big match tonight - you vs Blitz Simpson? Since you like to gamble, lets add a little clause! You lose, you're fired!"</span> Crowd boo)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>I thought this would 1) give us a reason for a main event and 2) let us see how these two interact. Happy on both fronts.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The New Barracudas form – Sturt, Rourke, Simpson and Vaughan (E)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The formation of the New Barracudas, led by Sturt. Notice, no Blitz Simpson? Foreshadowing? Or did I just forget to add him? No, it's foreshadowing, trust me.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tombstone beat Hatemonger in a hardcore match (D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Wanted to give Tombstone a win and give the DIW a 'hardcore match'. This delievered nicely.Got big plans for Tombstone, I do.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nigel Darling announces his first signing – Nicky Gilbert! (D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Darling:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">"Thank you for the warm welcome! (Crowd throw bricks at Darling) I was going to do this earlier, but I was interupted...so now please welcome the first sports entertainer brought to you by the Australian Sports Commission...Nicky Gilbert!!!"</span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Nicky Gilbert dances out like he's auditioning for a boy band</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Gilbert:</strong> <span style="color:#800080;"> "Thank you, thank you! When the Australian Sports Commission asked me to come here and sports entertain you, I wasn't sure...if you could handle how seriously talented I am! I decided that you could handle it thought...even though you're drunk, ugly and disease riddled...you need me.</span> (Crowd throw knives) <span style="color:#800080;">You need me to give you something to look forward to in your pathetic lives. So...I will give my all and I promise that....when you leave a DIW show with Nicky Gilbert booked on it...you will be sports entertained to the highest standard."</span> (Crowd realises it's ran out of things to throw, so are start throwing smaller crowd members at Darling and Gilbert)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>So this is my idea...as you can see, it's dirty, honest, hardcore DIW vs the entertainment loving, anti hardcore 'Australian Sports Commission". This is the long term story for my universe - I imagine APW/RAW will steal some of my guys so I'll have to swap and change people, but this is going to be the backbone of the company. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nicky Gilbert beat Milton Hittlespitz (E)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Debut win for Gilbert. They have great chemistry, so might try this match again at some point.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dobberley request rematch against The Comedian, Darling says he'll think about it. (D-)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>I have long terms plans for Dobberley, but realised I hadn't booked him on this show. So I threw this angle in. Just so you don't think I've gone all Vince Russo and dropped this story without warning.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Comedian defeated Blitz Simpson following botched interference from Chopper Rourke to retain the DIW Title (D-)</strong></p><p>

</p><p><em>

A good match. You notice the botched interferrence by Rourke? I'll explain that next show.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Comedian punished – faces Nicky Gilbert next month! (D)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Darling: </strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">"Wow...some naughty tricks Mr Comedian...couple of closed fists there and I'm not sure these sports entertainment fans wanted to see that powerslam (Crowd are tired so we just get throwing motions) Well, the commission have asked me to try and set you straight on your rough tactics...so we're gonna have a match next month for the DIW title. It's gonna be you vs one of the best sports entertainers out there, Mr Nicky Gilbert!"</span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>That's next month nicely set up...</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Post-show</strong></p><p><strong>

Overall grade: D-</strong></p><p><strong>

Attendance: 274</strong></p><p><strong>

Finance: $2,123 PROFIT for September</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>So, this was the start of some big stories in DIW and I'm really pleased how it went. Good grades, a good talker to replace Pinn and some decent matches too.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Next month will be more in depth, I just wanted to set the scene with this show. October will see the beginning of the end for Jongredic, the Arbitor to my Master Chief...</em></p>

• 8 months later...

Universe 2, Show 9

Previously on DIW...

In January 2014, Ali Avatar was hired by The Comedian as the new booker of DIW for a crime he didn't commit. During their first meeting, a flying beer can caused a quantum fissure resulting in two distinct realities. In this reality, "Universe 2", Ali chose to spell Sheikh with an "H" on the end and proceeded to fire Mayhem Mulhoney, Gyula Lakatos, Dean Hawkins, Lori and Lou Brookmyre before he'd even found an office.

During the course of the first 8 months, the company gradually gained popularity and prestige. It did not, however, make much profit, having lost $4,800 every month to curious "miscellaneous" expenses. The Bad Truckers broke up following the mysterious disappearance of Big Rig. When Diesel Dan turned up wearing the new Bloodstained Belt, Tombstone set about trying to win the title and prove Dan had done something to Big Rig. At the same time, The Apocalypse, made up of Hatemonger and Warmonger, set about removing the criminal influence of The Barracudas. After securing the Tag Team title in August 2014, the Mongers have only Blitz Simpson left to dispatch.

Meanwhile, The Comedian was repeatedly challenged for his belt and control of the company by McMiller (formerly Pinn) Enterprises. Having seen his lackeys repeatedly defeated, Dumfrey Pinn joined APW, allowing Angus McMiller to assert his power over the stable and begin a whole new campaign against The Comedian. The only casualty in the war so far has been The Comedian's drunkard occasional tag partner, Menace to Sobriety who was viciously attacked and removed by The Void. The Comedian has not noticed any difference, and is determined to hold onto his title and company at all costs as the company ramps up to an explosive season finale in December 2014 - Festive Facesmash I.

Wednesday, Week 3, September 2014

Cafeteria, Marv's Sports Central

The whole roster is gathered for the irregular monthly meeting.

Big Jim: So that's where all the money was going then?

Sheikh: That is so. DRUGS!

[shocked murmurs all round]

Big Jim: Settle down, drongos! He means drug testing.

Sheikh: DO NOT SPEAK FOR IRAN'S FAVOURITE AYATOLLAH, YIM!

Big Jim: [long sigh] It's... Never mind.

Sheikh: [halfway through ripping his shirt off] That is what Sheikh thought. Anyway, these drug testings will commence to be terminated immediately forthwith starting yesterday. Class dism-

Death Ref: EXCEPT FOR ONE THING!

Sheikh: Yoooou! You dare to challenge MEEEE?!

The Sheikh finishes ripping his shirt off and throws it at Big Jim, then puts his fist through the vending machine.

Death Ref: YOU WANT TO COOL YOUR BLOODY JETS, MATE! I AM *THIS* FAR FROM KILLING SOMETHING, I SWEAR DOWN.

Sheikh: Gracious Sheikh, second-to-last King of Scotland, allows you to speak. Speak!

Death Ref: THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. I NEVER HAD A BLOODY DRUG TEST, MATE.

Sheikh: That because you are peon, yes?

Death Ref: WHAT DID Y-

Tombstone: He's right, mate. I ain't had one neither. Like, ever!

The rest of the wrestlers nod and murmur in agreement.

The Comedian: Knock knock.

Sheikh: Someone's there?

The Comedian: Inev

Sheikh: Who is Inev?

The Comedian: I never ordered drug testing.

Big Jim: Stone the flamin' crows! Then where has nearly five grand a month been going?

The Comedian: SHEIKH! FIND IT!

The Comedian lights a cigarette and storms out of the room. The rest of the wrestlers don't know what to do for a minute, then start to file out themselves, leaving Big Jim and the Sheikh.

Big Jim: Well mate, what are you gonna do?

Sheikh: You leave to Sheikh. Chris! We must go to hospital. Large piece of vending machine severs artery of Sheikh's arm.

And with that, Chris clip-clops away with a badly bleeding Sheikh losing consciousness on his back.

DIW Faceful of Fist

Friday, Week 3, September 2014

ROOM AT THE TOP: The Comedian is talking when Angus comes out. They argue and brawl (D)

The Comedian is in the ring acting like it's open mic night. He's firing jokes like a human Gatling gun, to the crowd's delight, when Angus McMiller appears at the top of the ramp.

Comedian: Dumfrey Pinn was so fat, my mother-in-law writes jokes about him. Why did Mace Mueller cross the road? To avoid getting battered by the rest of McMiller Enterprises. A fat sh*t, a tax man, a poet, a failure and Wez Dobberly walk into a ring. The Comedian says, 'why the dented face?' Then he punches them all and The Comedian keeps his title and his company.

McMiller: You know, something doesn't add up. And I'm not just talking about your accounts. How is it that you've seen off every single one of McMiller Enterprises and you haven't even got a scratch? Does that not strike you as odd? Quite frankly, I wish I could take beating after beating. Whatever you're on, I'd like some please.

Comedian: Rack off!

McMiller: Is that it? I expected more. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? Or has something shrunken your balls?!

Comedian: Rack. OFF!

McMiller: Enough of this tosh. Screw your accounts, I'm going on holiday as soon as this show's over!

The Tax Man starts to head backstage when the Comedian launches the microphone at the back of his head and gets up the ramp at impossible speeds. He starts battering him until security pull them apart and McMiller scurries for cover.

Pretty pleased there, truth be told. I feel like this feud will go better than the one versus Pinn.

God of War defeats Reggie Tate (E)

A poor match hurt by two things: 1. This was essentially an ill conceived squash despite me trying to get God of War over, and 2. Reggie Tate is already a fairly negative infuence backstage without me giving him more reasons. Even the crowd were pretty meh about the whole thing.

DIESEL POWERED: Tombstone makes a discovery (E)

Tombstone is in the seurity office with a guard; a crisp bill is delivered to the guard as a disc labelled "CCTV" is snatched by Tombstone. While this is happening, there's a brief flash of green light outside the door.

Tombstone quickly leaves with the evidence in hand and flings the door open. We hear a thud as the door is stopped by something, but Tombstone doesn't notice while he hurries away. As the door swings shut, a prone figure lifts his head up and growls in rage (E-)

The man gets up and starts walking with purpose through the backstage corridors towards the main arena. As the stranger passes the Sheikh, Hatemonger and Surfer Dude Lucas along the way, they join the parade to find out who this intruder is. They reach the ring for the floodlights to illuminate a clearly homicidal man with thick rimmed glasses held together with tape, greased down hair and what appears to be Star Trek-themed tights. The bell rings and we have ourselves a match! (E)

Mirror Universe John Gordon defeats Sheikh Ali, Hatemonger and Surfer Dude Lucas in an Elimination match (E-)

He's here, and he's not happy about it. With smoke still rising off him, he immediately picks up the bandaged Sheikh and puts him over the ropes. The Sheikh is done and makes no effort to rejoin the fight.

Hatemonger and Surfer Dude Lucas share a nod and try and work together to defeat the invader. A vicious clothesline sends Lucas rolling out of the ring clutching his throat. John looks a bit unsteady for a moment and realises there is no way on Qo'noS he can win.

He takes a look at Death Ref who just looks bored and he decides to take the risk: eye rake, crotch shot, headbutt, and Hatemonger is out. The bell rings, John surveys his surroundings, screams at the sky for the honour of his valiant opponents and runs away.

Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce the most evil John Gordon in the multiverse! I won't lie, I was disappointed with a raft of E grades. John Gordon was off his game apparently. Falling through a spatial vortex will do that to you. I gave Sheikh the instruction to have limited involvement on account of being beyond useless and I got punished for it! Bah, who cares. IT'S EVIL JOHN GORDON, NOW WITH EXTRA GOATEE!

DIESEL POWERED: The Void challenges Dan to a Bloodstained Belt match (E+)

Backstage, Angus is rubbing The Void down with money. The Void unleashes an unearthly howl as his pet tarantula makes its way up his arm.

The Void: Dan.

The Man?

My plan:

A Belt,

Of Bloodstain.

You fight -

Blood letting!

You hide,

Upsetting.

Fin.

Challenge issued, The Void glides to the ring to find Diesel Dan waiting there for him with the Bloodstained Belt draped over his shoulder. The lights flicker momentarily, when they come back on The Void is nose to nose with Dan. The bell rings.

DIESEL POWERED: Dan defeats The Void in a First Blood match to retain Bloodstained Belt (E)

The two stand in the centre of the ring facing each other off for what seems to be an eternity. That isn't to say nothing is happening. As The Void stares with those cold, dead eyes, Dan seems to be experiencing emotions unbecoming of a hardened trucker. Whatever The Void is doing, it seems to be working.

Then The Void falters. A stray lock of hair brushes by his eye causing him to almost blink. It's enough and Dan issues a stinging open handed slap to The Void's forehead. The two stand in stunned silence for a moment. A single tear rolls down Dan's cheek as a trickle of blood makes its way down The Void's face. He licks at the blood, relishing the moment. The bell rings, as Dan celebrates by grabbing his belt and running away while pretending there's something in his eye. (E-)

The Void is starting to worry me here, I was hoping for higher than E grades. Oh well. Who doesn't like freestyled goth poetry?

Mace Mueller defeats Milton Hittlespitz (E+)

Good action, no heat. Serves me right really, I didn't know what else to do with them. Also they're still kinda bland to me, I don't know which is which until I read their bios.

APOCALUDA: Warmonger taunts Blitz (D)

Warmonger is in the ring before Mace and Milton have dusted themselves off and headed back up the ramp.

Warmonger: BLIIIIITZ SIMPSOOOOON, the time has come for you to be humiliated for the last time, for the LAST TIIIIIME! As my own very own grandfather Coal-monger once said to me: "Take this glove and wipe it on your enemies". AND THAT IS JUST WHAT I SHALL DO! COME HITHER AND FACE ME SO THAT I MAY TAINT YOUR FAAAAACE!

APOCALUDA: Warmonger defeats Blitz in Coal Miner's Glove match (E+)

Blitz has had enough of theatrical rhetoric and comes down to the ring to defend what is left of the Barracudas' honour. It's a decent match of rope work, (bad) aerial work and unadulterated brawling, but the balance is tipped when Warmonger manages to turn a Blitz suplex into an opportunity to reach for the glove. Slap, slap, this one's done.

Not the greatest showing, but it's some easy overness for Warmonger.

ROOM AT THE TOP?: Angus McMiller hypes Wez Dobberly's match against The Comedian (E)

Angus is strutting around the apron with a microphone in his hand.

McMiller: And now, please welcome the one, the only Wez Dobberly. The Comedian is about to witness...yadda yadda yadda. Whatever, I've got a flight to catch. Wez, make this quick. File your tax returns early, folks!

ROOM AT THE TOP?: The Comedian defeats Wez Dobberly (D-)

By this point, The Comedian is starting to find this old hat. He's fought everyone in Pinn/McMiller Enterprises at least once already. He lets Wez believe he has a shot for a while, but after 12 minutes, The Comedian is jonesing for a cigarette and a tinny. He sidesteps a Dobberly clothesline and catches him on the rebound. After nearly 30 seconds of holding Dobberly in what can only be described as a pretzel-like position, Dobberly taps out.

Incensed at yet another defeat, Angus McMiller challenges The Comedian directly for a fight next show. The Comedian has had enough and is already halfway up the ramp by the time McMiller has rubberstamped the requisite forms. McMiller then grabs his suitcase and passport from under the apron, puts on some sunglasses and goes on holiday. (E)

A decent enough outing. Some better thought out booking will help improve the grades I feel. I don't even think a rocket could push Wez's popularity up at this point.

Post-show

Overall grade: D-

Attendance: 300 - Sell out!

Finance: $3,983 PROFIT

So firstly, my deepest apologies to Occasional Z and any other readers who were enjoying this diary before I forced a hiatus. Secondly, my apologies for the stupidly long post.

Show-wise, I suppose I'm pleased enough with the progress. Only two more shows before the season finale. I've been buttering up Death Ref for a few shows due to the ill-timed turn a few months prior. He's happy again now after some very complimentary words from the Sheikh.

Lastly, I released Menace to Sobriety. He was originally supposed to show up for one more angle this show to wrap up his story. Considering he repeatedly scored poorly in matches and angles, I decided it wasn't worth the $606 hit.

So Mr Z, my apologies once again and it's over to you.

Just read this whole diary, I like it, hope it continues.

Just one small question, why is one alternate universe set in 2013 and the other is set in 2014?? Is this by design or just an accident??

Glad you like it :)

I was hoping we'd got away with the 2013/2014 thing - we didn't notice it ourselves until we were well into the diary. It's nothing more than an honest to goodness administrative cockup - Occasional Z used the default database, while I used the the 2014 update.

If my multi-dimensional physics is up to date, I think we're just going to write it off as one of those weird relativity type things that flying beer cans do occasionally cause [citation needed].

Ummmm... *runs away*

Glad you like it :)

I was hoping we'd got away with the 2013/2014 thing - we didn't notice it ourselves until we were well into the diary. It's nothing more than an honest to goodness administrative cockup - Occasional Z used the default database, while I used the the 2014 update.

If my multi-dimensional physics is up to date, I think we're just going to write it off as one of those weird relativity type things that flying beer cans do occasionally cause [citation needed].

Ummmm... *runs away*

It's completely my fault - when we originally talked this idea over, I forgot that I was a loyal, day one, TEW13 customer working off the original database while jongredic is a Johnny-come-lately 2014 database user.:D

Seriously, it's an error on my part for not mentioning it to him - we had a clever scientific reason for it, but that was 9 months ago and I can't remember what it is.,,,

Previously on DIW...

In January 2014, Ali Avatar was hired by The Comedian as the new booker of DIW for a crime he didn't commit. During their first meeting, a flying beer can caused a quantum fissure resulting in two distinct realities. In this reality, "Universe 1", Ali booked the company from his cardboard palace in the parking lot of Marv's, having 'executed' Gyula Lakatos, Lou Brookmyre, Diesel Dan and Big Rig early on in his reign of error.

During the course of the first 9 months, the company gradually gained popularity and prestige. It did not, however, make much profit, due to p**s poor booking and random drug testing...that never caught anyone...despite...most of the roster being smashed.

Meanwhile, The Comedian won back the DIW Title from Dumfrey Pinn, but lost the company to Pinn - the rotund grappler purchased the company as The Comedian has bad gambling debts to clear (can you have good gambling debts?). Clearing off to APW for more money (and cake), Pinn appointed Nigel Darling as new GM for DIW. Darling, a man less hardcore than a basket of kittens, wants to turn DIW into a family friendly company. Will The Comedian allow this?

DIW Scrapping Like Men

Saturday Week 1 October 2013

And we're back...I have completely forgotten were we are up to. Dammit jongredic, you planned this delay to throw me off my game! Forgive me if I go into EPW auto pilot...mind you, even Devine and co wouldn't get me above D- here. Let's see how often we can lift the crowd with bad wrestling...

Pre Show

1 vs 1: Wez Dobberly beat John Gordon (E+)

Terrible wrestling, good crowd, crowd lifted. I've missed this company and it's easy to please crowd. Wanted to give these two a standard match, but had no faith in it being any good. I was right to have no faith.

1 vs 1 Hardcore: Hatemonger beat The Void (E)

Just a match to give Hatemonger a win (Warmonger was stolen by APW on day 2 of my save) and give The Void something to do. I like him and need to find a role for him. The crowd were not lifted by this encounter.

Main Show

Nigel Darling announces his new signing – Alyx Macquarie! (E+)

This guy looks like Shawn Michaels and has good stats, so figured he would be a good fit in Darling's faction. I imagine Darling gushing all over him, a la Bobby Heenan over Lex Luger at Royal Rumble 93. Crowd were lifted.

1vs1 Hardcore: Tombstone beat Sheik Ali Al-Avatar (E-)

Squash designed to give Tombstone something to do....for now.

Nigel Darling speaks to The Comedian – my way or highway! (D)

Darling tells The Comedian that all DIW Championship matches will be fought as standard matches. The Comedian tells him to rack off. Darling points out he is appointed by the owner, Dumfrey Pinn. Comedian scowls. Best segment of the night....crowd were lifted.

1 vs 1 standard: Alyx Macquarie beat Menace to Sobreiety (E)

New guy who reminds me of Shawn Michaels vs washed up alcoholic? Easy pick for me. Macquarie with the Superkick for the win (that's his default finisher, honest)

Vance Sturt offers Blitz Simpson chance to join new faction forming from the Barracudas ashes (E)

Crowd lifted...

Blitz says no (E)

Crowd not lifted...Blaze is talented, but no one gives a s**t about him.

2 vs 2 Hardcore: DIW Tag Team Titles Asylum and Milton Hittlespitz beat Chopper Rourke and Vaughan (E)

Didn't realise that the tag team titles had been vaccant for three months, when Angus McMiller left for APW. Decided to put them on Asylum and Milton - best option right now. Asylum got the three count with his stoppage punches...does he punch along with the three count, or just keep punching until the ref hauls him off?

Comedian hypes vs Nicky Gilbert (D-)

Surly hype from the monosyllabic one and one of the best segments of the night. Tempted to turn the next show into a 90 min documentary on The Comedian. TEW13 said The Comedian came off well...he's an anti social alcoholic who beats everyone up, 'came off well' just seems a bit...polite.

1 vs 1 hardcore: Vance Sturt beat The Kipper (E)

The Kipper is a complete waste of space. He was off his game tonight? When is he ever on his game? Crowd lifted, because of Sturt. I admire his skills and permed mullet. Only a tough guy could get away with that in 2013.

Nicky Gilbert taunts The Comedian (D-)

Crowd lifted...Nicky is the main eventer I've needed for a while. Someone who can carry their end of the deal, not depend on The Comedian.

1 vs 1: DIW Championship Nicky Gilbert beats The Comedian ©(D-)

Ah good chemistry...excellent *rubs hands*....A back and forth singles match, that ends when Nigel Darling thrusts a Wrestler Insurance and Safety guide in The Comedian's face, stunning him and allowing Gilbert to hit a Fisherman's Suplex for the win. And so my masterplan begins....

Post match attack from Gilbert and Macquarie (E+)

Both members of Darling's faction look to add injury to, well, injury...

Tombstone makes the save!!! (E)

A face turn for Tombstone!!! Well, I'm happy the turn went successfully - we need another top line face as Gilbert and Sturt are heels. Another step in my plan....

Post-show

Overall grade: D-

Attendance: 253

Finance: $1,603 PROFIT

Crowd lifted? 8 times

Apologies for the rushed show - I had no idea DIW was up and running until jongredic sprung that surprise on me. I now plan to crush him as revenge for his surprise attack.

In all seriousness though, I have some good plans for this dynasty. The next two shows may be transitional shows but I think I've done enought to win year one of this war of the worlds...providing this one is an exception to the rule. Gotta feeling we scraped a D- here, lots of E matches.

Over to you jongredic...look forward to reading your response...in September 2015 :)

Might explain why one of you guys seems to be getting a lot of your blokes pinched and the other seems to be getting off relatively scot free??

Anyway, keep it up, lads. I'm enjoying!

Thanks Nickman!

You make a good point actually - maybe in 2013, APW are more aggressive in stealing away talent? I've lost Warmonger, Angus McMiller, Mayhem Mulhoney and Dumfrey Pinn in 9 months...thats a lot of talent.

But I've got The Kipper which makes up for it...right? Right?

Just caught up on this and its really fun. KUTGW chaps. Really nice to see people clearly having a blast with a different type of game.

If only one/both of you would hire Crazy Train...

Thanks Boltinho - this game is a blast to play, thanks to jongredic - it's great having someone to bounce ideas off. I've also really enjoyed playing with different companies/characters to the usual US indie scene/big three.

I like Crazy Train's bio, but last time I hired an off-the-wall, colourful character in this diary, I got saddled with Blaze Maximum, who is a negative influence and near useless in the ring...gonna stick with the angry, tattooed brawlers that seem to make up 85% of the Australian wrestling scene.

So what made you blokes decide the Sheik as your user character?? He doesn't seem to have any talent at all!!

Someone like Pinn would've been great, to prevent him being stolen by APW. I know he cops a lot of heat from both you guys, but in my RAW game he's got like 70+ popularity, is great on the mic and can put on very good matches with his high psychology.

Apologies for the rushed show - I had no idea DIW was up and running until jongredic sprung that surprise on me. I now plan to crush him as revenge for his surprise attack.

In all seriousness though, I have some good plans for this dynasty. The next two shows may be transitional shows but I think I've done enought to win year one of this war of the worlds...providing this one is an exception to the rule. Gotta feeling we scraped a D- here, lots of E matches.

Over to you jongredic...look forward to reading your response...in September 2015 :)

Glad I could entice you back, friend. The Sheikh tells me that he "accept challenge like King Kong's donkey". I think you've annoyed him dude.

Just caught up on this and its really fun. KUTGW chaps. Really nice to see people clearly having a blast with a different type of game.

If only one/both of you would hire Crazy Train...

Thank you kindly :) Thanks for suggesting Crazy Train, I've put him on the shortlist for now. I still have a face/heel ratio problem and a lot of wrestlers who work for a hardcore company who don't like spilling blood, so there's every chance he might get in my company.

So what made you blokes decide the Sheik as your user character?? He doesn't seem to have any talent at all!!

Someone like Pinn would've been great, to prevent him being stolen by APW. I know he cops a lot of heat from both you guys, but in my RAW game he's got like 70+ popularity, is great on the mic and can put on very good matches with his high psychology.

I went back to the surveillance tapes (I record all my conversations with Mr Z just in case), and I can't find any other reason why I went with the Sheik other than the phrase "nuttier than squirrel poop" in his bio caught my eye, and I've always gone as Jack Avatar in the past. What he lacks in wrestling skills, he makes up for with mediocre microphone skills... erm... :confused:

I think Mr Z set up his game to mirror mine before we realised it was going to be a dynasty, so I have to hold my hand up and accept the blame for that one.

As for Pinn... I started out with a lot of hope for him, realised very early on he sweats gravy and can't get himself into the ring. By the time he left, his microphone skills weren't up to scratch either - probably cos he was eating the mic thinking it was an ice cream.

I stalked him like a jealous ex the other day, and the fat sod is excelling over at APW. Regularly scoring C- in matches, is part of a tag team mounting a title challenge and actually held the APW Australian belt for a month.

Naturally, I refuse to believe poor booking has anything to do with it, and I wish him every success (at failing) in the future...

Universe 2, Show 10

Tuesday, Week 2, October 2014

Marv's Sports Central

The Sheikh is walking the corridors with Chris the Camel, looking for a place to finally call his office. He arrives at the cafeteria and briefly considers the broken vending machine. After deciding that there's no way that he, Chris and his picture of Lori can fit, he moves on.

The cleaning cupboard is a condemned and carcinogenic mess from the turps fire. After putting the picture of Lori on the only remaining shelf and watching it turn to ash, Sheikh Ali sighs and resumes his search.

He arrives at the ladies toilets. The stalls are still broken and the room is still under remodelling. When Chris gets a bit too close to the broken basins and causes them to spring a leak again, he begins spitting in every direction. And so does Chris. This won't do either.

He arrives at The Comedian's office and briefly considers going in before sighing once more and admitting defeat. He hangs his head and leads Chris through the fire exit.

Ali and Chris emerge in the car park among a large number of empty cardboard boxes. The Sheikh looks at the wide open space and back at the boxes and back again.

Sheikh: Nahhh! Sheikh Ali - Grand Sudoku Champion, bestselling romance novelist - would NEVER build palace of cardboard! Come along Chris!

Chuckling to himself at the absurdity of a cardbord palace in a car park, the Sheikh leads Chris back inside and continues the search for an office.

DIW Faceful of Fist

Friday, Week 3, October 2014

ROOM AT THE TOP?: The Comedian taunts Angus McMiller (D+)

The Comedian is walking through the corridors backstage when he notices a suitcase outside McMiller's dressing room. He stops for a moment, backtracks to the room and pokes his head round the door.

The Comedian: McMiller, mate! Khhhmm! Khhhhmmm! HA! HAAAAA! HAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OHHHH HAHA HAHAHAHA!

He continues walking and lights a cigarette between uncontrollable belly laughs.

As he turns a corner, he is greeted by a high speed steel chair to the face, courtesy of Blitz Simpson. With the Comedian on the floor and his cigarette snapped, the criminal Simpson has nothing left to lose and continues the assault with the chair. (D-)

Until a blur flies down the corridor and clotheslines Blitz to the floor. The newcomer picks up Blitz and slams him from wall to wall in the corridor.

Warmonger: When! Will! You! Get! The! MESSAAAAAAGE?! Your time here is OOOOVERRRR! You have been summarily defeated, or my name is not Godfrey Mars Warmonger the FIIIIRRRRRRST!

He throws Blitz towards the exit, dusts himself off then picks up The Comedian. The Comedian looks like he is about to say something to Blitz, but Warmonger just shakes his head and the two walk off. (D)

I'm pleased with those performances. If only everyone was that consistent!

John Gordon defeats Reggie Tate (E)

The man not of this world strides into the ring without blinking, while Reggie Tate shakes himself down in his corner. Although no-one really wants to mention it, Gordon's large and oddly shaped gusset is a major distraction. The discomfort doesn't last long as he looks over to Death Ref, reaches into his tights and pulls out a mint condition Death Ref action figure in its original packaging. The usually homicidal Ref is apparently really pleased with his miniature and Reggie Tate's fate is sealed before the bell.

Eye rakes, closed fists and low blows abound. Reggie tries to shake it off, but eventually succombs to the growing list of impairments he is now suffering.

The Goateed One applies the Gordonian Death Grip, and Death Ref begins the count-out at 3. The bell rings immediately. Reggie Tate looks more relieved it's over than anything else as John and Death Ref head backstage.

I think it's matches like this that caused Reggie to go from negative to very negative. Oooooops! I might remedy that at some point. Maybe.

DIESEL POWERED: Tombstone is in the ring when Dan argues and attacks. The Void comes to the rescue (E-)

Tombstone: Dan, Dan, Dan. This merry dance must come to an end soon. I now have evidence you did something to Big Rig all those months ago. Why not come out and admit it

Diesel Dan: Mate, for crying out flamin' loud! You don't know nothin'! And I'm gettin' pretty flamin' sick of these accusations, mate. Pretty flamin' sick! It's time to shut your mouth for good.

Tombstone: Is that what you said to Big Rig, mate?

Diesel Dan: Oh that's it!

Dan lunges at Tombstone and starts hitting him with the mic. Tombstone tries to fend him off, but the first blow to the head did enough to weaken him.

At that moment, The Void glides in with his manager, Angus McMiller, in tow. The Void manages to get behind Dan without him noticing then unleashes one of his unearthly screeches. Dan falters, but refuses to look at The Void. Angus - now sporting a ridiculously orange tan, dazzling white teeth, awful perm and horrendously outdated pale blue leisure suit complete with medallion - gestures to The Void to walk away, but The Void has a different idea.

The Void: Dan,

Now we fight.

No title challenge tonight.

Just one rule:

Beat down the tool.

Fin.

And with that, the bell rings. (E-)

DIESEL POWERED: The Void defeats Dan in a non-title match (E-)

The Void immediately employs his staring tactic again, freezing Dan to the spot. It's not clear what this strange brand of wrestling is, but it seems to work for The Void.

By the time Dan's nose starts bleeding, The Void has weakened him enough to win by pinning Dan with The Nullifier.

Angus McMiller's change to the Lounge Lizard gimmick didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Then again, the whole segment was a bit of a letdown. Apparently, I haven't learned the lesson not to have Tombstone speak. Even the match itself was a letdown.

God of War brawls with Blitz Simpson backstage (E)

Blitz still hasn't fully recovered from the Warmonger-issued beatdown at the top of the show, which is lucky, because God of War is at a loose end when he walks by and decides to start slapping Blitz.

Blitz: C'mon, stop it!

God of War: Ah, c'mon mate, everyone else is having fun!

Blitz: Seriously, mate!

God of War: Ooh, chase me, chase me!

And with that, God of War issues one more huge slap to Blitz then runs off. Blitz gives chase. He eventually catches up to God of War in a dark room. God of War is in the far corner, leaning jauntily against a post. Blitz gets past the horizontal bars that are in the way before he realises where he is.

The lights come up to reveal he's in the ring aaand...

God defeats Blitz in an I Quit match (E+)

God spends nearly 12 minutes dancing round the ring and inflicting pain on Blitz every time he's in range. Blitz is just too shocked to know what to do and is unable to mount any kind of effective counter. God eventually lands about a hundred consecutive slaps to the chops before Blitz screams his surrender to end the humiliation.

Low grades, but I still like the idea of God trolling Blitz for the sheer fun of it.

Angus McMiller introduces The Bailiffs and hypes a title match against The Apocalypse (E)

Leisure Suit Angus is at the top of the ramp, looking quite pleased with himself.

McMiller: Hello ladies and gentlemen! Espeically the lay-deez, if you know what I mean. Please allow me to introduce a fully tax-deductible addition to the McMiller portfolio: Mace Mueller and Wez Dobberly - The Bailiffs!

Mace and Wez join Angus, making an effort to give McMiller a wide berth, probably something to do with McMiller's noxious Brut/Old Spice blend he bathed in before coming out to the stage. The crowd remain relatively quiet.

McMiller: Yes, I knew that would please you. Especially the lay-deez. These two magnificent specimens are here to take the Tag Team Belt from that bizarre thespian and his silent counterpart. Bailiffs, you have ten minutes. Come out here, Apocalypse!

The Apocalypse make their grand entrance, by walking in and flexing their muscles. All is going well until Hatemonger slips in something that has been dripping off McMiller this whole time. We hope to goodness it's Brylcreem. (E)

The Apocalypse draw in a 10 minute match against The Bailiffs to retain the Tag Team title (E+)

It seems a bit of an uncomfortable union between Mace and Wez. Miscommunication is obvious and it seems that the Mongers will dominate this match.

However, about six minutes in, the Bailiffs hit their stride, but Warmonger is more than holding his own. He decides to share the glory with his team-mate and tags in Hatemonger. The struggle for dominance continues for another few minutes.

With 30 seconds left, McMiller decides to take matters into his own hands - literally. He runs his hands over his hair and flicks the gobs of Brylcreem into the ring, causing Hatemonger to slip yet again. Wez Dobberly is in the midst of applying the Tax Hike finisher when the bell calls time.

Hatemonger is surprised, Warmonger is incensed. McMiller and his new team make a sharp exit while the Mongers protest to an uncaring Death Ref.

Bit disappointed with E grades, but the next phase of the story is underway, The Bailiffs have got some experience, and most importantly, I've found something for Mace and Wez to do as well as filling a hole left by the loss of Drunk & Disorderly and the Barracudas.

Tombstone defeats Surfer Dude Lucas (E)

A poor match, and if there was any rationale behind booking it beyond making sure they were both on the card, I don't remember what it was...

ROOM AT THE TOP?: Angus McMiller is confident about his title match with The Comedian (E+)

McMiller is talking to the mirror in his dressing room, psyching himself up before his big match.

McMiller: Yeeeeah the lay-deez are going to crazy for this. The Comedian won't even know what hit him. I hope he's kept the receipt for the weapon, cos I'm going to need to deduct it from his wages later.

ROOM AT THE TOP?: The Comediean defeats Angus in a Weapon on a Poe match to retain DIW Championship belt (D-)

On his way into the ring, Angus slips Death Ref a tinny - victory should be assured, right?

It's a decent bout of back and forth between the two opposing forces as The Comedian issues blow after blow to Angus, while Angus counters with clotheslines and some unexpectedly spectacular jumps off the ropes.

This carries on for about 12 minutes, when The Comedian manages to get the upper hand. He manages to fling Angus head-first into the turnbuckle to daze him long enough to set up the ladder and grab the beer bottle suspended above the ring.

As The Comedian approaches the top rung, The Void emerges from under the apron with something in his hand - a string it seems. He tugs on the string and the ladder wobbles, sending The Comedian to the mat with a bone-crunching thud.

McMiller has this in the bag! Except, Death Ref does not look happy. It quickly becomes obvious that The Void has knocked over Death Ref's tinny and he issues the DQ to a concussed Angus McMilller.

The Comedian pulls himself up, blood pouring from above his eye. He points at McMiller as a microphone is tossed to him.

The Comedian: Drongo, ENOUGH! Festive Facesmash - last chance. After that, no more.

Having issued this final challenge, he throws the microphone down and the lights go out. It's the closest thing we've got to a Cut To Black. (E+)

I'm pleased with how that match went. I was a bit worried McMiller wouldn't be able to hold his own, but 13 minutes is a decent showing.

POST-SHOW

Overall Grade: D-

Attendance: 300 - Sell out!

Finance: $5,959 PROFIT

Number of "lay-deez" in audience: ZERO

After the show, I gave a heartwarming speech to Reggie Tate - hopefully that'll cheer the miserable bugger up a bit.

Also Diesel Dan's decided he's officially had enough of my booking and has become a negative influence. I'm sure the Sheikh will have something to say about that.

Right, so that brings me to the end of the shows I'd run back in April. Theoretically that means I can crack on with new storylines, wrap up the old ones and hopefully break this deadlock of D- shows.

As for who wins the war for the year, I'm actually quietly confident I've got a decent shot, Mr Z.

Until next time...

DIW Battered

Saturday Week 1 November 2013

Pre Show

Weapons Match: Menace to Sobriety beat Sheik Ali Al-Avatar (E)

A poor match between two poor workers. Sheik tries to beat down Menace, but the 'Alcoholic Assassin' drunkenly no sells Sheik's offence, hits him with a beer bottle then finishes with the worst Hangman's Neckbreaker in history.

Better than I expected...just.

Main Show

Nigel Darling does some match making for The Comedian (D-)

Darling: "...since you lost your title, I think you need a tune up match before the rematch. I want you to face Alyx Macquarie in a good old fashioned 1 vs 1 match. Do you have any suggestions?"

Comedian: "Go f**k yourself."

Darling: "Right... I'll...erm... let Alyx know."

Comedian and Darling are a good pairing...their segments carry my shows.

Vance Sturt askes The Void to join his gang (E-)

We see the odd combination of sleazy biker Vance Sturt and gothic misfit The Void in the ring...

Sturt: "Now, I know ma gangs usually have crims and thugs in 'em, but I like you, ya weird b*****d. Wanna ride with us?"

The Void accepts Sturt's offer (E)

Void: "Alliance? Offer of which reminds of kings, buried under the shallow mountains. Lady luck, weeping, embraces darkness, knowing that his embrace will guide her to the light, twisting and thrashing, hoping for salvation, but ultimately experiencing death. Doom laden, I accept, taking the chalice, but not drinking until clarity prevails."

Sturt: "Buh? Well, either way Facepaint, you're teaming with Chopper next"

The two men shake hands to seal the deal; Sturt goes for a secret biker handshake, but Void just kneels, pledging undying allegiance to the as-yet-unamed faction

I need to use The Void more, so hoping him joining a faction will help. This segment was the first to lift the crowd of the night too, so I'm happy.

Weapons Match DIW Tag Championship Asylum and Milton Hittlespitz © beat John Gordon and The Kipper and Chopper Rourke and The Void (E)

Chaos breaks out as these teams brawl all over the arena. Chopper and Void are first to go, thanks to a double chairshot from the champs to Void. Kipper and Gordon fight like the valiant, baby kissin' babyfaces they are, but Asylum is able to deliver his feared Mounted Punches to Kipper for the win.

Meh...needed a tag match and went with this, not too disappointed. First match Kipper has had where he isn't stinking the venue out. Crowd lifted too, so can't be that bad a match! John Gordon told me after the match that he didn't like Hardcore matches; maybe he should have mentioned this before the match?

Wrestling Australia faction is born! (E+)

Nicky Gilbert, Alyx Macquarie, Wez Dobberley and.....Blitz Simpson bounce out to the ring. Citing Nigel Darling's vision of clean, familt friendly pro wrestling as their motivation for banding together, Gilbert vows to wash the hardcore grim away. The crowd boo and throw their expensive, watered down drinks at the four men. Blitz brings up Chopper costing him a match against The Comedian earlier that year as his motivation for leaving The Barracudas...

Decent segment, setting up my main heel faction and providing their underlying link to Darling...

...then batttered (D-)

Nicky: "Lets do a roll call, so you great fans can get to know us better (crowd boo). I'm Nicky, I'm your Champion and I'm a stand up guy."

Alyx: (Stupidly gruff voice) "I'm Alyx and I'm a handsome chap, you don't believe me, ask your girlfriend" (both DIW fans with girlfriends boo)

Wez: "I'm Wez....I enjoy long walks on the beach and sushi."

Blitz: "I'm Blitz and I'm the bad boy of the group. I might be a ex con, but I'm just looking to be loved."

Comedian: "Comedian. Cricket bat."

None of the heels spotted The Comedian sneak into the ring and join the roll call! A quick swing of his trusty cricket bat and Gilbert is knocked out! The rest of the faction head for the hills as The Comedian lights up a cigarette using the ring ropes...

Good rating for this segment, though the crowd weren't lifted. Trying to give The Comedian some momentum back after losing the title last month.

Weapons Match: Vance Sturt beat Hatemonger (E+)

Sturt is under pressure from the opening bell and is beaten with a array of weapons by the towering Hatemonger. However, the debuting Seeker strides to the ring, looking to educate Hatemonger on 'The fall of St Benjamin of Canterbury'. The well educated Hatemonger looks to correct the babbling priest and gets smashed with a high knee from Sturt for the loss...

Occasional_Z booking rule #14 - Always hire evil priests. Match was ok, crowd were lifted.

Alyx Macquarie taunts The Comedian (D)

Alyx: (gruff voice) "What you did before was cowardly Comedian. I for one, was not laughing! The Handsome Chap is going to teach you a lesson, mano a mano. Usually the Handsome Chap only ventures into the hardcore activities with members of the fairer sex, if you know what I mean (winks)..but you've given Nicky a boo-boo and that...ain't...on!"

A D? In DIW? Maybe he is Shawn Michaels...

The Comedian hypes his match with Alyx Macquarie (D-)

Comedian: "Why did the pretty boy cross the road? To go to the hospital once I kicked his face in!"

I'm not being lazy - that was all he said. The next three and a half minutes was just Comedian smoking and gambling on his phone. Standard good promo from our main man

The Comedian beat Alyx Macquarie (D-)

A clash of styles - Alyx Macquarie is a cruiserweight who spents 90% of the match looking for a superkick, The Comedian is a hardcore maniac who has to keep reminding himself that he can't use weapons in these 1 vs 1 matches. Eventually, The Comedian ducks superkick attempt #37 and hits his running powerslam for the duke.

Will I regret making this the semi main event instead of the main? I hope not.

Tombstone is backstage, getting ready (E-)

Not the grade I was hoping for...'Stone can't talk though and I need my main eventers to be able to talk

DIW Championship Nicky Gilbert © beat Tombstone (D-)

The cowardly Gilbert cheats at every opportunity, making a mockery of the 'no weapons' rules. Tombstone surprises everyone by fighting clean and making pushing Gilbert to the limit, but Gilbert counters a roll up by rolling through it and using the ropes for leverage.

Crowd lifted and a damn good match....I'm pleased with this. Want Tombstone to be a main event player and segments like this help his case.

The Comedian attacks Gilbert post match (E+)

Cos he cheated. Again, trying to give The Comedian some momentum back.

POST-SHOW

Overall Grade: D-

Attendance: 263

Finance: $1,429 PROFIT

Number of Asylum T-shirts sold: 2 - one to clean up a spilt beer and one to his mum.

I'm pleased with that show - it felt more organised that usual and the newcomers (Darling, Alyx Copyandpastehisname and Nicky Gilbert) have really added to the grades. The plan now is to flesh out my factions and let them war.

Jongredic - over to you.

<p>Universe 2, Show 11</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37722" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Great show. This is now my favourite dynasty. I love the semi-regularity that you post too, breaks up a boring day at work for me.<p> </p><p> Thanks guys!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the kind words! Good to know it's well received, despite my admitted flakiness and horrendously bad booking... And now:</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>______________________________</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Saturday, Week 3, October 2014</strong></p><p><strong> Main Arena, Marv's Sports Central</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> <em>The Comedian is doing his usual moody prowl of the building, tinny in hand, cigarette in mouth, when he walks past the main arena. He usually just walks past it, but a large cloud of dust and smoke and a "jigga-jigga-jigga" noise pique his interest. He kicks the door open and marches in.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">ALI!</span></p><p> [jigga-jigga-jigga]</p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">OI! BUGALUGS!</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>The noise stops and the haze begins to clear. The Sheikh now notices The Comedian, hides something behind his back and wobbles over to him.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Mate... the hell?!</span></p><p> <strong>Shiekh:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">SHEIKH ALI, HOUSEWIVES' FAVOURITE IRANIAN 1998, BABYLONIAN LANDSCAPER, CAN NOT HEAR YOU!</span></p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;"> I SAID: THE HELL?</span></p><p> <strong>Sheikh:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">YES, SHEIKH TOO!</span></p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">YOUR EARS. BLOOD!</span></p><p> <strong>Sheikh: </strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">SHEIKH NOT DRINK BEERS. NOT GOOD!</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>The Comedian's already had enough of this and sidesteps the Sheikh to see what he's hiding. He sees one side of the ring lifted up on car jacks and a massive crater underneath, then he notices what Sheikh Ali is hiding behind his back. He has no words, only pure unbridled rage.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p> <strong>Sheikh:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">THIS OLD THING?! BAHHH, IT IS IRANBUSTER 4000, FAVOURITE PNEUMATIC DRILL OF SHEIKH!</span> [jigga-jigga-jigga]</p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> [loooong pause, many teeth ground to dust] <span style="color:#0000FF;"> Why?</span></p><p> <strong>Sheikh:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;"> SHEIKH BUILD OFFICE. UNDER RING! EXCELLENT, YES?!</span></p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> [longer pause] <span style="color:#0000FF;">Good idea, mate! Belter!</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>The Comedian smiles, slaps the Sheikh on the shoulder and carries on his usual patrol of Marv's Sports Central as Sheikh Ali continues to jigga-jigga-jigga the concrete under the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>______________________________</p><p> </p><p> <strong>DIW Faceful of Fist</strong></p><p><strong> Friday, Week 3, November 2014</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">Warmonger saves Milton Hittlespitz from a McMiller Enterprises beatdown</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E-)</span></span></strong></p><p> Milton Hittlespitz is about to speak in the ring, when Angus McMiller with his lackeys The Void, Mace Mueller and Dobberly rush into the ring and begin savagely battering Milton.</p><p> </p><p> Warmonger storms in from backstage to help the poor outnumbered nobody. As soon as he enters the ring, McMiller signals for the bell to ring.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">McMiller Enterprises defeat Warmonger and Milton Hittlespitz </span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(D-)</span></span></strong></p><p> Warmonger is caught off guard being thrown into a match this way. The first thing he does is roll the barely conscious Milton to the apron and faces his attackers.</p><p> </p><p> It's a valiant fight, but there's only one of Warmonger and he can't get an advantage as The Void, Dobberly and Mueller tag each other in at the first available opportunity.</p><p> </p><p> As Warmonger is backed into a corner after a 10 minute onslaught, Milton rises from the ashes and tags himself in. Warmonger protests, but it's too late. The Void glides over and pins Milton with The Nullifier.</p><p> </p><p> <em>Gotta say, I'm impressed (and relieved) a match with Milton "Who?" Hittlespitz got this high of a grade.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">ROOM AT THE TOP?: Angus McMiller argues with The Comedian</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(D-)</span></span></strong></p><p> With the match over, McMiller Enterprises celebrate to the boos of the crowd and head backstage. As soon as they get there, a smug Angus bumps into The Comedian.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Want a word!</span></p><p> <strong>McMiller:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">I'll give you two, and one of them is off. The other is what I did to your mother... or wife? Girlfriend...?</span></p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Shut up, mate! Match next month. Stips!</span></p><p> <strong>McMiller:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;"> Ahhh, yes, certainly.</span></p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Cage! Sick of interference. Honest fight!</span></p><p> <strong>McMiller:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Umm, no. My proteges will be ringside. I'm showing them how to impress the lay-deez.</span></p><p> <strong>The Comedian: </strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Nuh-uh. No!</span></p><p> <strong>McMiller:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;"> Also I want the belt in the ring with us, so you can't run off with it when I defeat you. The chicks go crazy for a big belt</span>.</p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">No!</span></p><p> <strong>McMiller: </strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">No title, no cage.</span></p><p> </p><p> The Comedian mulls this over for a second. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Comedian:</strong> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Fine! Stop being smug! Now rack off!</span></p><p> </p><p> And with that he storms off, leaving McMiller feeling even more smug than before.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>McMiller: </strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Oh Comedian, just wait til later!</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>If these two ever stop bickering, DIW is sunk and we all know it.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">John Gordon defeats Surfer Dude Lucas and Reggie Tate </span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E)</span></span></strong></p><p> The most psychotically deranged transdimensional man in the room walks to the ring, holding Surfer Dude Lucas and Reggie Tate's necks in each hand. He signals to Death Ref that he's having a match right now.</p><p> </p><p> And he does. For about 7 minutes, after which time he pins Lucas with a Goatee Driver.</p><p> </p><p> <em>Uh-oh... I wonder if Reggie Tate's still going to be mad at me for this one?</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">DIESEL POWERED: Tombstone attacks Diesel Dan</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(F+)</span></span></strong></p><p> Dan is about to start some more rhetoric in this endless feud betwee him and Tombstone, when Tombstone enters the ring clotheslines Dan and slaps a dog collar on him. He signals that he's having a match whether Dan likes it or not.</p><p> </p><p> <em>UH-OHHHH... F+?! I didn't even have them talk this time!</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">DIESEL POWERED: Dan defeats Tombstone in Dog Collar Bloodstained Belt match</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E)</span></span></strong></p><p> A lot of yanking of chains and flinging each other around, until thankfully the misery is ended... by Dan causing Tombstone to tap out?!</p><p> </p><p> <em>NOOOOOOO! I have no idea what I did to naff this one up, but it was supposed to be Tombstone that won and ended this stupid feud. Which is why this next bit makes no sense...</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">DIESEL POWERED: Dan quits</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E-)</span></span></strong></p><p> Dan grabs a mic a addresses the crowd after his victory (!)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Dan:</strong> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">I quit. For some reason! Or maybe I won't.</span></p><p> </p><p> <em>I... I don't even... I CAN'T even... I won't...</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">Hatemonger attacked by God of War in the ring </span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E+)</span></span></strong></p><p> Hatemonger goes to do his civic duty and check on the fallen Tombstone. Tombstone waves him off allowing God of War to come running in and suplex Hatemonger a couple of times before signalling for a 2 out of 3 pinfalls match.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">God of War defeats Hatemonger in 2 out of 3 pinfalls match</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E)</span></span></strong></p><p> It's a fairly even back and forth, but the Monger has already been weakened by the unprovoked attack. After the first pin, God goes over to Death Ref for a chat as Hatemonger slowly gets back to his feet. Hatemonger is not happy with the disrespect and manages to jump on God of War's back. God of War excuses himself from Death Ref for a moment and falls backwards, squashing Hatemonger into the canvas. He pins Hatemonger again using the ropes for leverage while Death Ref rushes a 3 count.</p><p> </p><p> The two walk off continuing their stimulating conversation, while Hatemonger looks on.</p><p> </p><p> <em>It's always E grades with God of War... maybe I'm putting too much stock in his abilities...</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#000080;">ROOM AT THE TOP: Angus McMiller reveals he is the new owner of DIW</span></span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">(E+)</span></span></strong></p><p> McMiller strolls down to the ring with a microphone in hand and kicks Hatemonger out before he's ready.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>McMiller:</strong> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Hello lay-deez and gentlemen. I'd like to take a moment of your time, if I may, to tell you how things are going to be after tonight. It's no secret that DIW should be a lot more popular than it is, which is why I've taken it upon myself to give this company a facelift and make it more popular with the lay-deez, just like I am.</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"> Without further ado, I present you the new owner of Deep Impact Wrestling: ME!</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"> And before you ask, Comedian, I bought it out from under you in plain sight. $5000 a month going missing and you don't even question your own accountant?! At the price I bought it at, I won't even have to claim it on my tax return. HAHAHAHAH. Ohhh mercy.</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"> </span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"> Anyway, all the lay-deez in the audience are invited to a party with McMiller Enterprises. See you there, dolls!</span></p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"> </span></p><p> <em>There's only one lady in the audience, and she just vomited... But there you have it. In a completely parallel set of events, The Comedian has lost his company to a snivelling creep. Even so... an E+? Does that mean The Comedian is the only one capable of a D- segment now?!</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">POST-SHOW</span></strong></p><p> Overall Grade: <strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">E+</span></strong></p><p> Attendance: <strong>300 - Sell out!</strong></p><p> Finance: <strong><span style="color:#008000;">$3,819 PROFIT</span></strong> </p><p> Cubic tonnes of concrete removed by Sheikh Ali: <strong>4.7</strong></p><p> </p><p><em> Oh dear. Ohhhh dear, oh dear, oh dear.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> I said I'd break the deadlock of D- shows, and I did. I'm gutted and I'm absolutely fuming at that booking mistake with Dan and Tombstone. The bit that really craws me is the amount of time setting up angles specifically for each person's skills rather than just cobble it all together like in previous shows.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Well, next show is DIW: Festive Facesmash I - a 2 hour season finale extravaganza... I hope.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Mr Z, by all means, have at it!</em></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37722" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Great show. This is now my favourite dynasty. I love the semi-regularity that you post too, breaks up a boring day at work for me.<p> </p><p> Thanks guys!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry I missed this originally, thanks for the kind words. Though 'semi regularity' is very generous to me and jongredic. I'd go with 'quarter-regularity' personally.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jongredic" data-cite="jongredic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37722" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Oh dear. Ohhhh dear, oh dear, oh dear.</p><p> </p><p> I said I'd break the deadlock of D- shows, and I did. I'm gutted and I'm absolutely fuming at that booking mistake with Dan and Tombstone. The bit that really craws me is the amount of time setting up angles specifically for each person's skills rather than just cobble it all together like in previous shows.[/i]</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I feel bad...but I did laugh like a fool during that promo of Dan's. I'm sure I'll mess up somewhere...</p>

• 3 weeks later...

DIW Festive Fist In The Face

Saturday Week 1 December 2013

Let's finish my first year with DIW.

Australian Sporting Society promo (D)

We see Nigel Darling head to the ring with Nicky Gilbert and Alyx Macquarie to start the show

Darling: "We are the future of Australian sports entertainment. (Crowd boo) We are bringing the sportsmanship back to sports entertainment, We are the Australian Sporting Society. We are ASS. (Crowd burst out laughing). The two men you see with me are the face of ASS (crowd laugh). Both of them have had a huge hand in ASS. (crowd laugh, Gilbert and Macquarie start looking uncomfortable) You may laugh, but the future is ASS!

Good promo from these guys as usual...I can't resist a bad joke as usual.

Darling tells Comedian that if he doesn't beat Gilbert tonight, he won't get another title shot (D-)

The Comedian comes out, but before he can speak...actually, Darling waits for The Comedian to interupt, but gives up after three minutes. Shaking his head, Darling confirms that tonight is The Comedian's last chance at the DIW Title while Gilbert is champion!

Another good Comedian-Darling segment - pretty much par for the course

DIW Tag Team Championship Asylum and Milton Hittlespitz beat Chopper Rourke and The Void (E)

The usual chair based brawl between these two teams. The champs are too good for the makeshift challengers and Asylum is able to finish The Void off with his devastating Stoppage Punches.

Just a placeholder match really - give both teams something to do

Comedian and Vance Sturt brawl (E+)

Disappointing grade, but first time the crowd have been lifted tonight so it must have been ok.

Alyx Macquarie, Blitz Simpson and Wez Dobberley beat Tombstone, The Kipper and John Gordon (E)

ASS dictate the pace of the match, but can't stop Tombstone from running riot. Eventually, Darling comes to ringside and distracts Gordon with a leaflet about adoption, allowing Macquarie to pick up the win with a Superkick.

I used this to give ASS a win and try and develop an issue with Tombstone.(who I kept strong) Shockingly, Kipper was off game. He's off his game so often that being off his game is his game...

Sturt announces new faction (E)

Gathering Chopper Rourke, The Void and Seeker in the ring, Vance Sturt annouces that this is his new gang The Sleazy Devils.

...and here is heel gang #2. Should be fun to push an evil biker gang.

Vance Sturt and Seeker beat Hatemonger and Menace to Sobriety (E)

Despite the best efforts of Warmonger, the heels dominate and Seeker puts Menace away easily with a swinging neckbreaker.

Bad chemistry for Sturt and Seeker, Sturt off game....crowd lifted. I can't work out this crowd.

DIW Championship Nicky Gilbert beat The Comedian (D-)

The Comedian is taking this seriously - he pounds away at Gilbert, looking to put Gilbert down early. Gilbert, for his part, shows his toughness by kicking out of a pin attempt from a big DDT and sets up his Fisherman's Suplex. Comedian counters with another DDT and hoists Gilbert up for the Running Powerslam...only for Vance Sturt to hit him with a High Knee to the back. Gilbert quickly recovers and hits the Fisherman's Suplex for 3. The Comedian is out of the DIW Title picture...

Good chemistry, good match. I'm screwed for challengers though - The Comedian's grades in main events have carried me this year.

Tombstone hits Comedian by accident (E+)

Gilbert and Sturt form an alliance of mutual hatred for The Comedian and begin to beat him down. Tombstone sprints to the ring for the save, but Gilbert avoids his Spear, causing Tombstone to tackle the beaten down Comedian instead. Gilbert and Sturt leave the ring, laughing at the damage they've done.

An angle to create tension between the top two faces...

POST-SHOW

Overall Grade:D-

Attendance: 211

Finance: $1,236 LOSS

Match on NXT Takeover R:Evolution that distracted Occasional_Z the most during this post - Charlotte vs Sasha Banks...best mainstream US wrestling women's match since Awesome Kong vs Gail Kim imo.

Well, that's my first year - I'm happy with the grades, but think Jongredic has me beat on attendence and monies. Over to you jongredic, see if you can beat me!

Archived