Momentum or a Hot Feud

Which one makes a match between two chaps better?

100 momentum for each cat...

or

Both men in the same hot feud together but more in the 80s or so on momentum?

Pretty much my plan so far in my game has been to build to a title match between two guys going in to a PPV by putting them in separate feuds, putting them over as much as possible, then on the night of the PPV end the feud before booking to put them at 100 momentum, then create a feud between the two before the event starts to avoid the story line penalty.

<p>If you can, end the storylines before your last TV pre-PPV. On the tv show, have a new storyline with them. Do a face off or whatever that will rate highly.</p><p> </p><p>

Now you have both crazy momentum <em>and</em> great storyline heat.</p>

<p>Obviously doing both with your two top stars is ideal but that's really really hard to do without cheating. I think it's a matter of what "better" means to you.</p><p> </p><p>

I think having a high heat storyline in your main event does better BUSINESS for your PPV. It seems to draw better numbers. Buys and ticket sales I mean. Whereas having two characters with top momentum seems to produce a better match. Which also produces better numbers...</p><p> </p><p>

So if you follow the "end the storyline right before the PPV" advice I THINK (note I can be totally wrong here) you are skewing the odds in favor of a better match. Ending the storyline on the last TV show before your PPV will skyrocket each guy's momentum. This gives them a bonus and boosts match grades. Whereas if you allow the storyline to continue through the PPV you are skewing the odds of more buys and better ticket sales. </p><p> </p><p>

This would make sense to me. The hot storyline is what makes people buy the PPV. If you end the storyline before the PPV, you are essentially just putting together two random strangers who happen to be hot "by surprise". It would be as if you bought a PPV and all of a sudden two hot wrestlers had an unscheduled match. Could still be awesome, but it wasnt selling the PPV. As you'd have already bought it.</p><p> </p><p>

While the high heat storyline is kind of the advertising for you big show. If they have high heat this will draw people to buy the PPV in the first place. Of course a wiley promoter could figure out a way to do both fairly easily without cheating, you'd just have to do it in two different sets of matches...</p><p> </p><p>

I can't swear by this but i feel like based on my experience this is the case. Of course confirmation bias comes into play here so again I could be wrong. I'd love someone to elaborate if I am to gain more knowledge.</p>

A question branching out from that example.

Does an angle on the day of the actual match (ie. Just before the match in the same card for example) effect the heat of the storyline before the match? Thereby affecting the match rating?

You know how you add that pre-match interview to hype the match before the match?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="castorius" data-cite="castorius" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37737" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A question branching out from that example. <p> </p><p> Does an angle on the day of the actual match (ie. Just before the match in the same card for example) effect the heat of the storyline before the match? Thereby affecting the match rating?</p><p> </p><p> You know how you add that pre-match interview to hype the match before the match?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It WILL effect the heat of the storyline for sure, but i feel like at that point you drew the buys already. I could be wrong though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="xxjonesy87" data-cite="xxjonesy87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37737" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I definitely like the idea about ending the feuds on the last tv show and starting them with a fresh feud going in to it. Momentum would be high 90s easy if not 100 with a perfect angle, and then boom title match at the PPV has to equal ratings.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> isn't this abit 'gamey'?</p><p> of course we can all play the game however we like, but I couldn't see WWE selling many ppv buys if the started a storyline on the Monday for the sundays PPV in real life.</p>

Archived