DOTM: July 2014 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. Please place a link to the diary you are nominating.

6. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

7. You may not nominate yourself

8. All nominations must include a reason

9. Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

10. No Rookie DOTM this month so everyone qualifies for Cornellverse/Mod DOTM as long as there is one show in the current month.

11. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

12. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck, 20LEgend, michgcs and MJStark.

13. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

14. You may NOT nominate CGC: On With The Show [8RoW] by Self for Cornellverse DOTM

15. You may NOT nominate WWE 2004: The Hangover by RKOwnage for Mod DOTM

16. You may NOT nominate WCW '94: War of the Thrones by Beejus for Monthly Spotlight DOTM

17. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until August 1st 2014 (6 am Pacific Time)

My Monthly Spotlight Nomination goes to: TheBigBad1013 and his diary - WCW: The Quest for the Lost Glory!

SuperBrawl 2002!!!

More specifically, the nomination is for the debut of (Spoiler in white): SHAWN MICHAELS!!! - We all had NO IDEA he was coming, and it was very well written!!! I can't wait to see what he does with such a HUGE name! and if it can catapult his WCW to bigger heights :D

For me the monthly spotlight is something Im glad to see back. And That's a Fact. :cool:. My vote is for the return show of the original CVerse Community Creations Dynasty.

CVerse: TEW Community Created Wrestling

For my first Mod of the month vote, Im gonna be voting for a dynasty that has one of the best back stories I've ever seen and thats the 1997 World Championship Wrestling diary, NW...No.

WCW NW...NO

For my first Mod of the month vote, Im gonna be voting for a dynasty that has one of the best back stories I've ever seen and thats the 1997 World Championship Wrestling diary, NW...No.

WCW NW...NO

Just read through this diary because of your nomination and it is GREAT!!! I know we don't 'second' nominations here, but I would recommend people to read this. Great stuff so far!!

Just read through this diary because of your nomination and it is GREAT!!! I know we don't 'second' nominations here, but I would recommend people to read this. Great stuff so far!!

I agree. I didn't see this diary until the nomination and that's what made me check it out. The back story is fantastic and such a great, easy read.

i've been reading and wandering through alot of the new diaries recently

I want to nominate

[thread=527881]World Championship Wrestling 1997....NW-NO by mad mat[/thread] this is a great reimagining of WCW and it's great talent had WCW not gone the NWO path.

and if possible I also want to reach out of the 2013 forums and down to the 2005 section

and nominate

[thread=94012]MAW A beginning by BGbugg[/thread] Bg is back after along hiatus, and I think his tale is worth going down and taking a look at.

One mod nomination goes to WWF: The Rise of The Empire by alvarasus. Sure, he doesn't write out matches in detail or anything, but alv knows his time period and he always brings the amazing booking that is worth the price of admission. I haven't taken the time to comment in the game itself, but that doesn't mean I'm not right there with you, brudda!

My second mod nomination goes out to Smasher for FINALLY being back in line with his WWF/E 2002: Brand Warfare diary. His SD features one of the better Rock promos I've ever seen written!

Monthly Spotlight has to go to RKOwnage for WWE King of the Ring 2004 in his WWE 2004: The Hangover. It was just a very, very well-written show, and is worthy of all the praise it can get.

Well at least I can rest assured that you won't beat me this month :D

Thanks!

In two months when we're both eligible and I'm not Billy Gunn-ing it by taking a brief pause the month I won SOTM, then we'll have one another's competition :D

One mod nomination goes to WWF: The Rise of The Empire by alvarasus. Sure, he doesn't write out matches in detail or anything, but alv knows his time period and he always brings the amazing booking that is worth the price of admission. I haven't taken the time to comment in the game itself, but that doesn't mean I'm not right there with you, brudda!

My second mod nomination goes out to Smasher for FINALLY being back in line with his WWF/E 2002: Brand Warfare diary. His SD features one of the better Rock promos I've ever seen written!

Monthly Spotlight has to go to RKOwnage for WWE King of the Ring 2004 in his WWE 2004: The Hangover. It was just a very, very well-written show, and is worthy of all the praise it can get.

Thank you for nomination I wasn't expecting that.

I believe that we should be up-to-date here right now.

and if possible I also want to reach out of the 2013 forums and down to the 2005 section

and nominate

[thread=94012]MAW A beginning by BGbugg[/thread] Bg is back after along hiatus, and I think his tale is worth going down and taking a look at.

I am really torn on whether or not to include this one. I can understand that it is focused on a TEW game. My only issue is that if another game can be used then what is stopping someone from using a dynasty from, say, Wrestling Spirit here. And this award, in my mind, is to honor dynasties from the current incarnation of the game. So, right now, I am saying that it will most likely not be included since it is not on the TEW 2013 Dynasties forum.

My Monthly Spotlight Nomination goes to: TheBigBad1013 and his diary - WCW: The Quest for the Lost Glory!

SuperBrawl 2002!!!

More specifically, the nomination is for the debut of (Spoiler in white): SHAWN MICHAELS!!! - We all had NO IDEA he was coming, and it was very well written!!! I can't wait to see what he does with such a HUGE name! and if it can catapult his WCW to bigger heights :D

Wow, didn't see this nomination until now, thanks man! That's awesome!

I believe that we should be up-to-date here right now.

I am really torn on whether or not to include this one. I can understand that it is focused on a TEW game. My only issue is that if another game can be used then what is stopping someone from using a dynasty from, say, Wrestling Spirit here. And this award, in my mind, is to honor dynasties from the current incarnation of the game. So, right now, I am saying that it will most likely not be included since it is not on the TEW 2013 Dynasties forum.

That seems a bit arbritary and dickish. So what if someone is using another copy of the game if they are still writing and producing content then they should be up for inclusion. DOTM shouldn't just be TEW. If people want to include WreSpi let them. No use punishing someone because they are using a different game.

That seems a bit arbritary and dickish. So what if someone is using another copy of the game if they are still writing and producing content then they should be up for inclusion. DOTM shouldn't just be TEW. If people want to include WreSpi let them. No use punishing someone because they are using a different game.

Agreed. I just don't agree with the dickish part, because if something bad comes from this I don't want to be involved :eek:

I hate to tell you this but off the top of my head I can name two diaries that have won DOTM in this section that were not using the current version of TEW. You never said anything about either of them, so I am not sure why it is an issues now.

God I hate it when debates like this come up here. It takes away from the point of this thread; TO NOMINATE PEOPLE'S GREAT DIARIES!!!

I know this discussion will probably bump the thread a fair bit, but I'd rather just see who's nominated. So I request that this discussion gets it's own thread, so that people that care enough to comment can, and those who don't don't have to sift through all this to get to the nominations :)

Thank you

God I hate it when debates like this come up here. It takes away from the point of this thread; TO NOMINATE PEOPLE'S GREAT DIARIES!!!

I know this discussion will probably bump the thread a fair bit, but I'd rather just see who's nominated. So I request that this discussion gets it's own thread, so that people that care enough to comment can, and those who don't don't have to sift through all this to get to the nominations :)

Thank you

Seconded. Debates make it a lot of work to see nobody nominating me! :p

I'll return the favour and nominate Captain2's Making an iMPACT!: Total Nonstop Action for being a diary I read and enjoy, as well as providing me with a good laugh. Damn McMahon's and their mistreatment of kittens...

By next month, I may be voting and nominating that one as well. I've been reading up on it, but I'm only at page 9. It is a very good read.

Thanks to both of you for the kind words, glad to hear I'm doing something right :p. Almost missed these two posts in amongst everything else.

Archived