GDS Dynasty Show

I wanted to make one quick announcement that I forgot to add to the big announcement post and that is, if you would like to ask any of the guests on the February Edition of the GDS Dynasty Show any specific question then you can PM me the question(s) at
CPBHBK
and make sure to add who you would like me to direct the question to.

Guests for February:
KnowyourEnemy
Fleisch
, &
Anderz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y8OY2W-k8Os/VN0Z2uK40hI/AAAAAAAAB5c/EIpNMU2hCpc/s1600/GDS%2BDynasty%2BShow.jpg

The GDS Dynasty Show
(February 16th 2015)

Aired in:
GDS Studios

Show Title:
“Multiplayer Madness”

Hosted by:
CPB

Guests
: KnowyourEnemy, Fleisch, & Anderz

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3Msfi1llbXk/U4vHVkyX-pI/AAAAAAAAADc/tAVJXZl5utw/s1600/%2521+Generic+17.jpg

(CPB)

Welcome everybody to the newest episode of the
GDS Dynasty Show
and it’s another explosive one. We will sit down with one of the best mod-makers on GDS
Fleisch
as we talk about how he got the idea for the Millennium universe as well as him making Real World Current day databases. Also on the show is the writer for Operation: World Wrestling Federation
KnowyourEnemy
as we speak to him about joining Angel to run WWF as well as the differences between some of his old dynasties and Operation: WWF. And finally the Main Event guest is the writer of JCP: Race to the Top
Anderz
as we talk to him about joining the TGAAB universe with TFC, His writing style and process for all his dynasties and much more so do not go away! Please if you would now put your hands together for the writer of Operation World Wrestling Federation, KnowYourEnemy.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/customavatars/avatar624281_1.gif

(KYE)

*Clapping*

CPB
: Glad you could be on the show.

KYE
:
It's an honor to be invited, CPB.

CPB
: My first question for you is, how did you get the opportunity to become the World Wrestling Federation in Angeldelayette's Operation World Championship Wrestling dynasty?

KYE
: Angel had asked in-thread for various readers to apply to run WWF as the AI was doing a suspect job. I had previous experience running and writing 1991 WWF, so I was selected (or possibly, the other person pulled out). Admittedly, WWF (in the Operation WCW Universe) looked in very rough shape, so despite the opportunity to work under Angel, there were only a few applicants. After I got to see the full file, the Federation appeared to be on an (arguably better) path than what it was on in real-life.

CPB
: Yeah, speaking about the path they were on in-game, do you think it was difficult to conform to the decisions WWF had made prior to you joining?

KYE
:
WWF/E, as run by a computer player, did not have to conform to the same conditions as run by a human player. The computer could have Hogan (or others) lose despite having Creative Control on Superstars, where such a situation could not occur in real life. This resulted in them having (somewhat) better grades for the Rumble, as Hulk would lose without being heavily protected. I've actually wrote up/played the '91 Rumble myself as part of my diary Reliving Hulkamania: An OSW Happenin', and had Hulk lose to Savage... but he would only accept the decision with two protections (domination/keep strong) and Savage is far, far more over than 'Taker. The match scored in the C+/B- grade as a result, while the CPU got a B grade (I believe) in the Royal Rumble.

CPB
: Since you brought up "An OSW Happenin” I was wondering, is that still going? Or is it done?

KYE
: OSW Happenin' is very much still going. It's sort of in the background, I plan to update it every month or so, maybe less, as it takes a fair amount of video research to finish. WrestleMania will take longer as I am conforming to the 14-match format that was used in real life, and introducing several new wrestlers to the mix. It should pick up monthly updates after I publish 'Mania. I recently watched a video to better understand Magnum T.A.

CPB
: I know what you mean by trying to better understand maybe someone's style of talking to be more realistic. It helps a lot down the road to keep the wrestlers personalities in line to how they were in real-life.

Now let's move on to the past, you used to have a dynasty called USPW: Ties that Bind Us and that had a specific writing style to it and now with Operation WWF you have a new writing style that shows the angles written out and the matches just a quick recap. So my question is what dictates your writing style for a specific dynasty?

KYE
: USPW: The Ties That Bind was (somewhat) free written with few edits made during regular shows. It doubled as sort of a 'writing exercise' and a serious storytelling attempt (the non-wrestling segments were not freewritten). For TV Shows, WWF is more of a quick summary, the goal being to highlight the booking -- It will be more advanced for 'Mania (again, I'm planning a 14-match card to mimic real life). For C-Verse Diaries, you appeal to a veteran/hardcore audience -- I actually prefer writing C-Verse, as I've (more recently) become a fan of wrestling, and there is the challenge of creating 'the universe' from the ground up.

I often refer to C-Verse diary writers as creating part of the canon and lore of the diaries they write in, as often the details of the universe, how people identify certain characters, come from their written portrayal. Occasionally, the actual characters will be incorporated into the database by Adam. Notably, Rogue's "Wrath of God" identity was originally part of "Mark Cuban Does DaVe (?)" Diary from TEW 2007(?). I can't remember the writer, because in a sort of mythical fashion, what he wrote was so good he could never top it, and he never was able to write a diary that lasted more than a couple months.

(Now that I think about it, I think it was Monkeypox (?). I believe the diary was one of the ones that has been converted to PDF. TLDR: In the C-Verse, there are few parameters suggesting how to write/use a character, while an RL-verse diary has preconceptions of how to use a character from Television Shows, etc. There is a C-Verse introduction website that contributes to the lore (made by Adam) but it hasn't been updated since TEW2010, and that is probably for the best, as the current diaries written in the C-Verse have less parameters and preconceptions, and are the interpretation of the artist alone.

CPB
: I see where you’re coming from, I had past guests say similar things such as the C-Verse is sort of a blank page and you can write whatever you want with what your given character wise. Also speaking of that C-Verse introduction site, I remember going there and reading the one year Jack Bruce storyline where Eric Eisen came back and won the title and I was just thinking how great of a storyline it was and just wishing some other past storylines would be posted just to give a prologue to the 2013 C-Verse.

KYE
: In a weird way, I think it works out for the best. Of the 2013 C-Verse, I think 3rdStringPG and Eisen-Verse's diaries have contributed the most to the SWF lore on duration -- I don't think they receive the same attention as the company starts at the top. You can gleen a small part of lore from the in-game character profiles and the starting storylines. I think that's where I found out about "Man Under Pressure" with was Jack Bruce's famous comfrontation with Rich Money.

The election storyline is interesting (and I'm a bit dusty on the website details, I think that's what you're talking about?) in that it is noted as a failure and has real-life consequences for a kayfabe storyline. It was Jerry Eisen's idea -- and even though the failure isn't his fault, he seems to have taken the blame for it in game, and it is noted in his profile description. The "Man Under Pressure" storyline is noted as Peter Michaels' accomplishment, and it is presented as validation for him as the head booker of SWF. SWF is the only clear "family business" among the major American promotions, and there is clear conflict resulting in a business background/sphere that can be played into -- it's unique in the C-Verse.

CPB
: Exactly, the stories from the C-Verse site gives some sort of prologue to some things in SWF, and I think they need to do that with some of the other companies too to give the players some sort of prologue to stories from the past of other companies as well. I do agree with you also that the conflict in the business background is very unique to the C-Verse as it as you said can be played into.

KYE
: The Canadian Companies have some equivalent -- they're purely family enterprises, similar to the early Stampede wrestling in Canada. I've often heard Canadian Golden Combat compared to the RL Von Erich's World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) and North of the Border Pro Wrestling compared to Stampede Wrestling (The Hart Families). There aren't the individual storyline details as of TEW 2013 as the companies are less Storyline-based and there is no inherent ownership conflict -- before Dan Stone Sr. and George DeColt left the business, I imagine there was a lot more potential for such conflict.

Phantom Stranger did a tutorial/diary with NOTBPW in 2013 on the RPGMaker (?) forums, and it has to be the closest I've seen to lore on the company. Self's CGC Diary is the standard-bearer for the DeColts', though you don't see a whole lot of backstage detail. (not his style, I guess.) PGHW has a somewhat similar situation in Japan -- I haven't seen them profiled as much, but I think they would be another dyansty that could have many sources of power/internal strife, with Seiji Jimbo not yet ready to assume ownership at 25.

CPB
: Things such as that like power struggles, family feuds, and other backstage rivalries could also be some prologue details added and maybe instead of having it on the old C-Verse site they could have it as its own Word document explaining a lot of the situations going on in-ring and backstage in alot of the companies. Because I know some of the draw in from the C-Verse is the blank page that you can use for it, but I feel that some background of what has gone on in recent memory could help out some players get more invested in the data

KnowYourEnemy it's been great talking with you and I am glad I got you on the show. This conversation has been great but we gotta head off as we are running out of time. So right now I'd like to thank you for joining me.

KYE
: It's been a pleasure working with you. Thanks for inviting me to speak.

CPB
: The Pleasure has been all mine. When we get back we will dive into Mod-Makers Corner with Fleisch don’t go away.

*Commercial*

“Song of the Show”

<iframe width="640" height="400" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CPB
: Welcome back to the show and right now it’s time for some big news coming for the spring, as the
GDS 2015 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
will be taking place live from the GDS Grand Stage Auditorium next door to this very studio. And we here at the GDS Dynasty Show hope to pack in as many people as we can for the great night of festivities and we already got a ring set-up in the Bingo Hall across the street just in case we get another Mootinie-Packerman fight at the Hall of Fame After-Party like at the End of the Year Awards After-Party. More info on the nomination process for the Hall of Fame will be announced later so don’t go away.

Moving on, right now I would like to introduce the next guest on the show for Mod-Makers Corner; he is the man behind many of the Real Wolrd current day databases and author for the new Millennium database.
FLEISCH
!!

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/customavatars/avatar1700_16.gif

(Felisch)

*Clapping*

CPB
: Welcome to the show Fleisch.

Fleisch
: Thanks very much. Glad to be here.

CPB:
So let’s jump in right away and let me ask you about your new Millenium mod. What gave you the idea or motivation for the mod itself?

Fleisch:
It was something I had planned for years. It all stemmed from a "paper" wrestling federation that me and my cousin started back in 2000 and over time it just grew into 2, 3, 4 etc promotions.

CPB
: What do you mean by 'Paper' Wrestling Federation? Explain it to me if you will.

Fleisch
: Well back before I had ever heard of the EWR series or any other wrestling sim, we created these guys using pen and paper. Drawing the guys, coming up with our own "magazine" etc. It then developed onto Zeus Pro (another program) before finally finding out about EWR.

CPB
: Interesting, how did you run shows and rate things inside the universe?

Fleisch
: It was kind of our own little thing so we didn't so much rate the shows. We just had fun with it. A few of our "top guys" can be found in the data still, albeit with slightly altered backgrounds. Mike Tibbs and Steve Harte were 2 of our major wrestlers even back then. It was just good fun. Obviously we'd base it on the (then) WWF in terms of popularity.

CPB
: Okay, I got a clearer picture of it in my head now. It actually sounds exactly like something me and my brother did when we were little, except instead of writing it on paper and such we used the Wrestling toy figures instead, which is why I was able to think up a lot of people for the Millennium mod.

Fleisch
: That's what I love about GDS. Everyone is willing to contribute to others "vision" as it were and help build a really solid world.

CPB
: Yeah, it brings all these wrestling fans together over one game that they can all enjoy together. But continuing on with the Millennium mod, how long did the 'Paper Federation' last? Was it just in 2000 or did it stand on its 'legs' for a few years?

Fleisch
: I think it only lasted between 18 months to 2 years because then we started using Zeus Pro to do our shows, which was probably the first time I'd ever even heard of wrestling sims. It is probably the sole reason I play TEW these days.

CPB
: Yeah, wrestling sims were a foreign thing to me until late 2013 when my brother found EWR and since then I've loved Wrestling sims. Moving on, how have enjoyed the outcome of the Millennium mod so far?

Fleisch
: To be honest I'm more excited for the future of it. I was very pleased with how it turned out in the Alpha, but I'm kind of hard on myself when it comes to these sorts of things because I want it to turn out the way I have it in my head. At the moment it's not quite there, but I can see it will be where I had hoped soon.

CPB
: And how does it look in your head?

Fleisch
: In my head it is near perfect. I want it to work as close to the C-Verse as possible, without being a carbon copy of it. I want it to play so well that people can see the work gone into it, not just by me but by Swanton, the GDS community and my friend Andy who has helped out a hell of a lot since the beginning.

CPB
: I have really enjoyed the mod alot, as I started a game with USPW and have effectively turned Patriot Warrior on American Fusion, made the Rhey's turn on each other, made Vance Law an evil leader of the company as GM. I mean it's really been a blast.

Fleisch
: Thanks for saying so. Comments like that are what keep me working towards that "finish line".

CPB
: I mean I really like it now, so I can't imagine how good it will be at the finish line honestly. Ok now we've talked about the Millenium mod alot, but now let's move to something you had become very known for on GDS and that's the Real World Current day mods. My first question about those are, how many did you think you were gonna make when you first started them?

Fleisch
: Honestly? Probably one. I thought to myself, I'll get a good base out there and someone else can come along and build onto that.

CPB
: I guess that didn't work out to well for you, lol. How many did you exactly end up making, if you know?

Fleisch
: I think the first one came out in August 2013 (?) and I continued them for well over a year before stopping for a bit. I then did another few months later on.

CPB
: How did you enjoy making them at first? And how did it change as you made more and more?

Fleisch
: In the beginning I loved doing them. I knew what I wanted and I went with it. It wasn't going to be "WWE and others" it was going to be a world mod. Towards the end though it seemed some people lost where I was going with the mod and wanted it to be a WWE 2K15 version for TEW.

CPB
: Yeah, I mean some people have to realize there are more companies out there other than WWE. I mean nowadays I think there has gotta be over like 100 companies worldwide so some people just gotta open of their horizons and eyes to get some different flavors of wrestling in my opinion. What do you think?

Fleisch
: There is definitely some out there who need to see that WWE isn't the be all and end all of wrestling. Granted it is the biggest promotion in the World, but the likes of AAA, NJPW, CMLL etc are also big companies with huge histories and stories. Most people at GDS know this, they're pretty clever people, but you get the odd couple who think John Cena is A* in everything and popularity. This doesn't work in game.

CPB
: I see what you mean, I think personally alot of the NJPW, CMLL, AAA etc. guys should be rated better than alot of the WWE Superstars in many aspects but since so many people watch WWE they let their judgment be clouded by who they know and don't know. For example people may expect John Cena as you said to maybe be better than a Shinsuke Nakamura or Okada because they know Cena but don't know Nakamura or Okada.

Fleisch
: Indeed. Which I guess is a win in the column for WWE marketing, but as a wrestling fan you really are missing something if you've not seen Okada or Nakamura.

CPB
: Exactly, you are right as rain… Ok Fleisch it has been very fun talking with you but we gotta head to a break, I'm glad you could join me on the show and maybe when the Millennium mod is fully finished or after the next big update we can hopefully see you again.

Fleisch
: Thanks for having me, it has been an enjoyable chat.

*Commercial*

<iframe width="640" height="400" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CPB
: I thank you for joining us this fine evening and if you are just joining us hopefully you DVRed because you’ve missed one great show so far. And now it is time for the Dynasty of the Show, tonight the Dynasty of the Show is one that I have taken a liking to since its inception at the end of January and that’s TeflonBilly’s
. The feuds have taken shape nicely such as Paul Bearer’s Dark Army against Hart Foundation, Undertaker, and Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg V.S. Jerry Lawler, Rocky Maivia VS The Nation, and my favorite the comedy team of To Be Decided Leif Cassidy and Flash Funk. So if you haven’t already go check it out you will not regret it.

It is now time for the last guest of the evening, let me introduce the writer of JCP:Race to the Top and former writer of WWF: Attitude is Everything Anderz!!!

*Clapping*

CPB
: It's great to have you on the show Anderz. How's it going?

Anderz
: It's great to be here buddy; as a longtime fan of the show it's a privilege to have been asked to take part - let's kick things off!

CPB
: Love the enthusiasm, so let's indeed kick things off right now. So, the TGAAB universe had been occupied and made famous by The Final Countdown and Ritchardo for many years. So how does it make you feel knowing that you were the man chosen by TFC to take over JCP after Ritchardo left?

Anderz
: Well, I'd be a fan of TFC's TGAAB diary since the off and it was a fantastic piece of work. And then when Ritchardo jumped in the quality just kept on getting better. After the initial run ended, I was as disappointed as everyone else - but with TFC putting the 'open invitation' as it were, for someone to jump in - I felt like I owed it to the GDS to at least give him an option. I was honored when he gave me the nod and everything has been a bit of a whirlwind from there. Naturally, I feel the pressure of following on from such a great diary - and boy did Ritchardo leave on a high - and having to keep up with and compete with TFC is a feeling like no other. It makes me think about every little booking decision as I try and keep things in tune with the rest of the universe. A multiplayer game is so much different to a single player game - and that's heightened by the fact that I'm jumping in at nearly two years in.

CPB
: Yeah I would think it might be more difficult to jump in two years into a game rather than maybe a few months. But then again it helps when you are a fan of the dynasty so you know alot about it.

Anderz
: It definitely helps being a fan and that aids with knowing what's happened in the game. But it's subtlety different to having played things out yourself. I have never had any contact with Ritchardo so I have no idea if my vision is anywhere close to what he had - but I feel like now; after 3 months; I've kind of left my own mark on things and feel more comfortable. There was a lot to get used to - the roster, the timeframe, the universe itself - but TFC has been a great partner and he's helped along where he can and has been great for bouncing ideas off of - even though we've both kept a lot under wraps from each other. I'd definitely recommend a multi-player diary for those who are skeptical (as I was) as with a good partner it can make a game infinitely better.

CPB
: That is the truth, I mean I’ve noticed many multi-player dynasties become more interesting then single-player dynasties because there is that sense of competition in the game which makes it very interesting to follow each side as they put on their storylines and shows and steal talent, a very entertaining environment. Now moving on, earlier in the show I talked to KnowyourEnemy about his writing style with Operation WWF and USPW Ties that Bind. But I don't think anybody had a more unique writing style then you did in WWF: Attitude is Everything. What gave you the idea to write shows in that style in Attitude is Everything?

Anderz
: Well, originally, the AiE format was very similar to my old TNA diary and many other diaries on the board. Indeed, the inspiration came from TFC's TGAAB shows. But for the hectic, late-90s WWF TV it was becoming a chore to write and format and was making things drag. So I decided to change things up; it was kind of a call back to another old (albeit very short-lived) diary of mine called "The Nexus Redux" in which I wrote in a very 'WWE.com' style show recap. This new format was like that but turned up a few notches and I really felt like it made my shows unique and easier to follow for the reader. It's a regret of mine that I just stopped cold with AiE but even with the new format it was still a long winded style to book. Trying to stay true to that Attitude-era booking was difficult no matter how I wrote the shows. I'm glad the format was well-received but I feel like it was definitely a case of right format for that diary - as I'm unsure how I would fare if I wrote like that for something else. On the note of AiE; it's definitely something I want to revisit in the future - if only to get that last Raw and Fully Loaded booked and posted to give some sort of closure. It won't be any time soon but eventually I'll get there.

CPB
: I will be excited to see when it does get posted to see closure to the dynasty, as unfortunately to say we usually don't get to see with many dynasties that end.

Anderz
: It is always a shame when things just end - but I'm as guilty as anybody for just stopping mid-flow. It wasn't planned - but I felt like, if I was going to get the opportunity to join the TGAAB universe I had to give it my full commitment. Hopefully, the readers understand that - and as I said; when I get chance I will get those final two shows posted.

CPB
: Yeah, I mean you have to give 100% when writing a dynasty unless it won't be the best it can be. And JCP has been really great since you took it over, you took it to the same level Ritchardo had it at in my opinion.

Anderz
: Well thanks, that does mean a lot. And it was something I was nervous about when I took over. Getting used to the roster and the whole game meant it was sink or swim straight from the off - thankfully I think after a show or two I was definitely closer to the swim side of the spectrum. On the point about giving a dynasty 100%; I applaud those writers who can split themselves across two dynasties - it's great when it's done well but I'm realistic in knowing that I've barely got time to commit to one project let alone give two projects the attention they deserve.

CPB
: You did have some big shoes to fill with Ritchardo, especially considering he won two End of the Year Awards. But I feel like you have been a great replacement for him and hope you can maybe even do better than he did with JCP. But we are almost running out of time so lets now move on. We talked about your writng style, but what is your process of writing a show precisely?

Anderz
: Well I'm glad you asked - as this is always something I'm interested in hearing about how others book/write shows. Like I suspect most others do, I have a spreadsheet with me whenever I'm booking and I type my shows up in a word document. But how I get from A to B is, as far as I know, pretty different to how others do it. I basically book my show in the spreadsheet first; which sounds weird I know - but stay with me. I'll have my next big event all but planned out ahead of time; and I'll work through my TV week by week - with a few general ideas but nothing more. I'll then write brief notes about the angles I want to book and I'll have the matches ready to insert as well - and I'll put the show together in the spreadsheet; down to the run times for each segment. Then I'll head over to my word document for the show and write up the angles; with placeholders for the matches themselves - winner and match time etc. Only then will I actually go into TEW and play the game; I generally speaking - and by that I mean 95% of the time - will use the angle writer and create each angle from scratch for every angle of my show. That way I get full control of who gets rated on what and the effects of the angle. I'll follow my spreadsheet to the tee and get the show ready in TEW - and once we're all good to go I'll run the show and go back and forth between TEW and my word document; filling in ratings and match times 'live' as they happen. Once the show is done, I'll write up the match descriptions and the show is good to go. A few bits of formatting are added in my document, but generally all the formatting is done on the forum when I post the show. Hopefully you can follow that?

CPB
: Wow, that's a long process. To disect the process a bit I'll start at the beginning, first off I would think it'd be hard in my opinion to book the show in a spreadsheet first, because I feel like I would not book something I wanted to and then the whole spreadsheet would be thrown off.

Anderz
: It's definitely happened in the past that I've missed something I've really wanted to book and had to do a big overhaul and reshuffle of the show. But to me, that same risk occurs when booking directly in TEW - I just work better in a spreadsheet I guess.

CPB
: That is true though the same thing could very well possibly happen in TEW as well. Another question I had with this process is how long does it all take?

Anderz
: As much as this is a cop-out of an answer - it varies. It really does. Some shows flow through from conception to finished article in an hour to 90 minutes. But others will take several sittings until I'm happy and I'll spend a week messing around at all stages. It all depends on whether I have a clear direction for the show when I start out - and obviously, outside factors will always play a part so no matter how the show is in my mind I could go a week between starting and finishing.

CPB
: Yeah, I have gone through same situations with some of my past dynasties. I just spend so much time writing one show that it would take one to two weeks sometimes. For you is it harder to write a show or PPV?

Anderz
: With the current TV show format I've adopted from TFC; the TV shows are by far the easier show to write. It's just a great format for writing TV shows as it allows you to add the key points you want to get across without all of the unnecessary fluff around it. PPV's aren't a chore to write either, but they do naturally take that little bit longer to get done. Sometimes I'll take a few sittings and spread it out over a number of days - but if I've done the build up right before hand everything should flow reasonably well and I won't have to do too much extra thinking whilst I'm writing the show.

CPB
: Well Anderz, it's been great talking with you unfortunately we are out of time. But I would like to thank you for joining me on the show and hope we can talk again soon.

Anderz
: Thanks CPB; as I said at the start - it's been a privilege to be a part of the show. All praise to a fantastic host - and I'll be happy to join you again any time.

CPB: I'd like to thank all you fans for joining me and I'd like to thank KYE, Fleisch, and Anderz for being my guests. I hoped you enjoyed see you next month.

©GDS Dynasty Show 2015

2015 GDS Hall Of Fame Nomination Process

Writers Wing

1. Each person gets 3 choices for Nomination to be placed in my pm box. Only those sent to my pm box will be counted.

2. Each choice gets 1 point per Nomination

3. Self-Nomination IS allowed in this phase but not in the next phase.

4. Those who are already in the Hall of Fame get double the points for being in the Hall of Fame, so instead of 1 point per Nomination, they get 2 points per Nomination.

5. Top ten in points move on to the Voting phase.

6. Feel free to post publicly in this thread who your nominations are and why people should vote for them.

7. Anyone who has run a diary is eligible.

8. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck, 20LEgend, michgcs and MJStark.

9. Any further questions, feel free to ask on this thread or in my pm box.

10. This will run for one month, until March 16th at 12 Noon EST.

11. This is the Hall of Fame for diary writers.

Nominees So Far

1.Beejus 5

Anderz 5

2. Wildfire1324 2

3. The Lloyd 1

3rdStringPG 1

Voeltzwagon 1

OctoberRaven 1

Nobby McDonald 1

Mod-Makers Wing

1. The Mod-Makers wing of the GDS Hall of Fame will be giving some love to the Mod-Makers who make all these great dynasties possible along with creators of all the pictures such as titles, logos, people, etc.

1a. Each person gets 3 choices for Nomination to be placed in my pm box. Only those sent to my pm box will be counted.

2. Each choice gets 1 point per Nomination

3. Self-Nomination IS allowed in this phase but not in the next phase.

4. Those who are already in the Hall of Fame get double the points for being in the Hall of Fame, so instead of 1 point per Nomination, they get 2 points per Nomination.

5. Top five in points move on to the Voting phase.

6. Feel free to post publicly in this thread who your nominations are and why people should vote for them.

7. 7. Anyone who has made a mod or contributed to its realization is eligible.

8. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck, 20LEgend, michgcs and MJStark.

9. Any further questions, feel free to ask on this thread or in my pm box.

10. This will run for one month, until March 16th at 12 Noon EST.

11. This is the Hall of Fame for Mod-Makers

Nominees so Far

1. justtxyank 3

2. Hive 2

3. Fleisch 1

Genadi 1

Mr. Kayfabe 1

Anyone can nominate so why not!!

Only mod creators

Maybe it's me but this category tends to exclude all the mod contributors and creating an exclusion over who's working only in the C-Verse.

One of names into the Hall Of Fame is ReapeR who made extraordinary efforts in creating belts for different GDS members for personal games and diary dynasties, for C-Verse, Real World Mods and other Fantasy Mods like the GDSVerse. Using this standard someone like him would be not nominated for the Mod Makers Wing.

Nothing personal of course.

Maybe it's me but this category tends to exclude all the mod contributors and creating an exclusion over who's working only in the C-Verse.

One of names into the Hall Of Fame is ReapeR who made extraordinary efforts in creating belts for different GDS members for personal games and diary dynasties, for C-Verse, Real World Mods and other Fantasy Mods like the GDSVerse. Using this standard someone like him would be not nominated for the Mod Makers Wing.

Nothing personal of course.

Maybe a wing for those who create cuts, renders, alts, etc? We could call it the GFX Wing.

Maybe a wing for those who create cuts, renders, alts, etc? We could call it the GFX Wing.

A whole new wing wouldn't be necessary, imho. I'd say just allow them in on the mod maker's side of things.

Not that it is a huge deal on me, as I obviously would have little in the matter, but that's just a handful of pennies from me.

I'm fine with adding people who create the cuts, renders and all the other stuff in the Mod-Makers wing if all of you are good with it.

I'm fine with adding people who create the cuts, renders and all the other stuff in the Mod-Makers wing if all of you are good with it.

Speaking as someone with an extensive-ish background in alt making, I'd say alts, belts, logos etc. are almost as important as the mod itself for a dynasty. Only makes sense we get some of the spotlight.

Speaking as someone with an extensive-ish background in alt making, I'd say alts, belts, logos etc. are almost as important as the mod itself for a dynasty. Only makes sense we get some of the spotlight.

Yep there added now so you can nominate the alt, belt, logo, banner, etc makers are elligable to be nominated. And with them being able to be nominated I have increased the amount you can nominate to 3.

Thank you, CPBHBK, for accepting our suggestions.

Two things.

1) I would create a specific thread for the Hall Of Fame nominations.

2) Don't nominate me, there's more and more deserving people.

Thank you for giving me the suggestions so I can make the Hall of Fame the best it can be.

Yeah I think that's a good idea to make a thread for the Nominations specifically I'll do that now.

PLEASE POST ANYTHING CONCERNING THE GDS 2015 HALL OF FAME NOMINATIONS HERE

Major Announcement

The next Main Event guest for the March Edition of the GDS Dynasty Show has been confirmed and it is Mr. GDS
Adam Ryland
. That's right the man who helped developed all the games here on GDS will be the next Main Event guest on the GDS Dynasty Show. And if you have any questions you would like me to ask him feel free to PM me them and I'll make sure to ask him.

Guests March Edition!

The guests for the GDS Dynasty Show March Edition have been confirmed as of now and for the first time there will be four guests on the show.The first guest as I announced earlier in the week will be Adam Ryland, but along with Adam you will see the writer for WWF 1997: A New Attitude TeflonBilly. Alongside him will be Angeldelayette who will be returning for his second appearance on the show as I talk about his three different dynasties. And the last guest to make it four is one of the longest tenured dynasty writers on GDS, he is from WWE: Three Brands The Lloyd. If you wish to ask any of them a specific question please PM me it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this because Matt Shannon made a comment in the awards after-party that I meant to respond to but forgot until now.

The way TFC has used Hulk Hogan in his Golden Age dynasty, keeping him out of the title picture while keeping him relevant, has me wondering how a current day dynasty as WWE written by him would look like. One thing's for sure, he wouldn't have Roman Reigns quoting Looney Tunes!

I'm assuming the first part is drawing a parallel between Hogan in my diary and present day John Cena. I'd probably book the two of them pretty similarly. Cena is all but bulletproof at this point, so I'd largely keep him out of the title picture and have him work with any heels I wanted to nudge into the main event. My Hogan-Jake feud is a good example; Jake was already over, but that feud was what truly pushed him into the championship tier, at least in my mind.

Alas, I can't picture myself ever doing a present day WWE game. The closest I could see myself coming would be if suitable mods were released for June 2010 (the initial Nexus attack) or one year later (the Punk worked shoot promo.) Those are both very interesting moments in time, and I would love to rebook the (lackluster, IMO) consequences of each.

OK, now with that said: CPB, I can't wait for the March edition. Adam Ryland is a huge get!

Archived