ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody have an alt of El Estandar without his mask?

I've put together a sub-par franken-alt using his eyes, beard & the same expression.... whether you want to use it or not is your business :p

http://i.imgur.com/zaCAfo3.jpg

For future reference, stuff like this should go in the ThunderVerse Alts & renders thread ;)

I've put together a sub-par franken-alt using his eyes, beard & the same expression.... whether you want to use it or not is your business :p

http://i.imgur.com/zaCAfo3.jpg

For future reference, stuff like this should go in the ThunderVerse Alts & renders thread ;)

That'll work, thanks MJStark. I'll remember that next time. :D

Awesome news on Thunderverse Vice! You guys do a great job with every aspect of the Thunderverse. The only universe I play regularly not the Thunderverse. Can't wait to see what 1980 looks like. Any timeframe yet for a release or is it just in the beginning stages.

Can't wait! Keep up the good work!

Awesome news on Thunderverse Vice! You guys do a great job with every aspect of the Thunderverse. The only universe I play regularly not the Thunderverse. Can't wait to see what 1980 looks like. Any timeframe yet for a release or is it just in the beginning stages.

No time frame as of yet. :)

Like MHero said, no time frame yet. However, it isn't in the beginning stages either - in fact a large amount of the work needed for 1980 is complete - currently more than 900 workers (including those Platinum workers who were active in 1980 which make up about 150 of them).

A lot of the work is going to be in dialling back the Platinum workers to their debut state, and adding in the necessary workers (mainly champions) who debuted after 1980 but who aren't in Platinum either.

So, while we were researching for the ThunderVerse circa 1980 I happened to find ( ;) ) a near mint condition copy of the January 1980 edition of the North American Wrestling Observer in a box in my basement!

I mean yeah, the NAWO was always full of ads, probably around 50% of the mag to be honest and usually for businesses linked to the US scene, and quite often rammed with typos, but there were some interesting articles in there that gave us some insight into the scene at the time too.

So I've scanned in a few of the pages, here is the first one (of at least five) for your viewing pleasure, with the article on a new style that was sweeping the nation at the start of the 80s...

http://i.imgur.com/tKP85fv.jpg

***THUNDERVERSE VICE***

**COMING 2015**

Does anyone have a png of just the EVOLVE Pro Wrestling logo? I'm about to start a game as the company and would like to make event logos and TV logos.

Courtesy of Kam...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Logos/EVOLVE-1.png

My apologies if this is a dumb question, but my knowledge of the actual rendering process is pretty minimal given that I have never done it myself. When you create a masked render for the Thunderverse would creating an unmasked version of the character require much in the way of extra work?

I ask because Luchas de Apuestas (Wager) matches are an important part of Lucha Libre in the real world, but are difficult to do in TEW given that very few of the luchadors or other masked characters have unmasked alts.

My apologies if this is a dumb question, but my knowledge of the actual rendering process is pretty minimal given that I have never done it myself. When you create a masked render for the Thunderverse would creating an unmasked version of the character require much in the way of extra work?

I ask because Luchas de Apuestas (Wager) matches are an important part of Lucha Libre in the real world, but are difficult to do in TEW given that very few of the luchadors or other masked characters have unmasked alts.

Not one of our wonderful Tverse rendering crew, but I imagine they don't get actual proper images. I believe the masks goes over a pretty much blank face and there are no real specific facial details put in. No reason to as the mask just covers it.

Understand the concern, and what I would do is find a free pic that about matches the masked worker's size and ethnicity and just use that. Its easier on the Cverse, in the sense that you can have so many free pics due to the sheer number of re-renders that have been done. But Cverse also has such a variety of render styles, angles, closeness, etc. Tverse is consistent in that regard. And you can always just request an alt of an existing worker to use.