ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

Spotted something small. Coleman Lewis is noted as being from Medicine Hat in Ontario. Medicine Hat is in Alberta.

Listen buddy if the T-Verse says that Medicine Hat is in Ontario then Medicine Hat is IN Ontario. Contact whoever you Canadians have to contact in order to make the proper moves for the citizens of Medicine Hat :) I'm sure they'll rejoice in being a part of Ontario anyway. Its the best province anyway :)

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Listen buddy if the T-Verse says that Medicine Hat is in Ontario then Medicine Hat is IN Ontario. Contact whoever you Canadians have to contact in order to make the proper moves for the citizens of Medicine Hat :) I'm sure they'll rejoice in being a part of Ontario anyway. Its the best province anyway :)

Lol I'll have to remember that when we drive through it in a couple of days. My girlfriend prefers Ontario so she will be thrilled to know we have been transposed, at least temporarily.

By the way, if you guys ever want a list of interesting/funny cities and towns in Canada from which to have workers billed from, let me know. Tons of options up here.

Spotted something small. Coleman Lewis is noted as being from Medicine Hat in Ontario. Medicine Hat is in Alberta.

That would be my fault... years ago we were going to emigrate to Canada, Medicine Hat was one of the places we were looking at and I was sure we only looked at places in Ontario.... ah well, I'm sure it'll be sorted out eventually ;)

That would be my fault... years ago we were going to emigrate to Canada, Medicine Hat was one of the places we were looking at and I was sure we only looked at places in Ontario.... ah well, I'm sure it'll be sorted out eventually ;)

Really it's all just an excuse for a feud where Coleman Lewis is accused of not being a real Canadian because of him not having his hometown in the right place. :p

Really it's all just an excuse for a feud where Coleman Lewis is accused of not being a real Canadian because of him not having his hometown in the right place. :p

Gold star for this man! Everyone else, blame MJ :p

Markw - the PWI/SWA working agreement shouldn't be there, you are correct.

As far as reasons for geographical mistakes go, that's a rather interesting one. Too bad you didn't make the move. Its a nice city and we would practically be neighbors. A mere 400 KM away from me.

Great thought, MHero.

Yeah, just roughly half the distance from the bottom to top of mainland UK.... tis nothing! :rolleyes::p

Its all a matter of perspective and scale, my friend. From where I live, its about 750 KM to the nearest major (in excess of 1 million people) city. Its 1750 KM to get to the west coast. And about 2600 KM to go the opposite direction and hit the major population centers in Ontario.

What makes it interesting is that for all of this size and space, we only have 35 million people. England has 53 million alone. And the entire UK could fit into my province a couple of times over.

Its all a matter of perspective and scale, my friend. From where I live, its about 750 KM to the nearest major (in excess of 1 million people) city. Its 1750 KM to get to the west coast. And about 2600 KM to go the opposite direction and hit the major population centers in Ontario.

What makes it interesting is that for all of this size and space, we only have 35 million people. England has 53 million alone. And the entire UK could fit into my province a couple of times over.

Pretty much why we were thinking about it, at the time you could get a 3 bedroom place with 10 acres & a lake for C$50000 (at the time roughly £22000), sounded like a great idea... then we looked at the hoops we'd have to jump through to relocate and changed our minds :o:(

Somehow managed to make LETHAL the #1 promotion in Japan, and have Ishkhan hold the title for 4 years (then he suffered an injury and retired...). Oh, and I made Sanzo Sakiyurai furious with me because I put him in a match, where he would take a bump and lose (he was an occaisonal wrestler then.). I am enjoying my LETHAL save lol.

On a side not, will there be any rival deathmatch promotions i Japan to compete with LETHAL?

Somehow managed to make LETHAL the #1 promotion in Japan, and have Ishkhan hold the title for 4 years (then he suffered an injury and retired...). Oh, and I made Sanzo Sakiyurai furious with me because I put him in a match, where he would take a bump and lose (he was an occaisonal wrestler then.). I am enjoying my LETHAL save lol.

On a side not, will there be any rival deathmatch promotions i Japan to compete with LETHAL?

Currently the closest to a rival LETHAL have is WRESTLERAGE in the future promotions section.

Not to say there won't be one, we're sometime away from coming together as a team to talk shop concerning another Platinum update (I think, jhd is the ultimate bossman in all of this :p). Plans are always subject to change concerning promotions. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone who has checked the TEW2010 Diary forum recently (or back in November 2011) will know that we have a real artist in our midst. That artist is, of course, the extremely talented Yoshida and he has recently come up with a superb piece of art for the jhdVerse. Needless to say, I'm extremely grateful for his generosity, and can't say enough about how fantastic his work is. So, rather than try, I'll let his art do the talking... :D

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee476/genomyoshida/CLLM.jpg

So was doing some light reading and stumbled upon this and thought some of the newer people to the Thunderverse would appreciate seeing it.

The artist is/was a poster on GDS by the name of Yoshida who seems to be inactive these days.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa334/heyitsjamesh03/Hidden/Merengue_Melody_zps0f8e99ef.pnghttp://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa334/heyitsjamesh03/Hidden/MerengueDance_zps3a01d3e1.png

So, another kinda "behind the scenes" thing here courtesy of one of the resident TVerse renderers, james0. You'll notice Merengue of AWF fame in both renders, the first one was when the team had pegged Melody Ziegler to be his dance partner in a sense. The second render came about when someone on the team (can't remember who) pointed out that Amy Ladner would be a better choice as she had the dancing background already in her bio.

Thought you all would all enjoy just a little glimpse of some of the stuff that goes on whilst the team is in the process of making an update.

Of course, some of this could be slightly wrong because my memory's not the best and I'm sure one of the other team members will be able to fill the gaps. :p

<p>Hey, I noticed a couple of minor errors in the T-Verse</p><p> </p><p>

1) Kenta Sonoda has no business skill despite being the owner of HONOUR. This has no real in game effect since business skill seems to only really be considered when a company is looking for a new owner, but should probably be fixed just for continuity's sake next time you put out a new update.</p><p> </p><p>

2) I noticed when looking through workers for the draft game that Ukon Kajahara has tag experience with Nobosuke Takabe despite them never working in the same promotion. I looked in the game editor and it's listed as an Honour team, so I'm guessing that Kajahara is supposed to instead be teaming with fellow HONOUR member Nobuhisa Yasutake who's one spot up from Nobosuke on the list of workers.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Is Vice still happening, not heard anything for a while?

Yes, we're still quietly working away in the background. I think it's safe to say this is the biggest undertaking we've worked on with the whole team, it's effectively creating a database from scratch again so naturally it's going to take longer than Platinum took from cradle to grave.

So don't fear, it's still in production. :)

On a more Platinum note

Just noticed Neutrality No More don't have a tag record set. I've created one in the draft and here is the settings (should you wish to just create it yourself instead of downloading the draft to import it)

Name: Neutrality No More

Company: None

Members: Herr Schweiz & Herr Sverige

Team Type: Regular

Team Experience: Low

Formed: February 2012