Deadly Overloaded Action

FYI: DOA "RAPID ASSAULT" RESULTS (EPISODE #5) can be seen by

CLICKING HERE!

<hr color="black">

I've decided to keep up with the survey style for Deadly Overloaded Action. I really wanted something 'new' with this company and this approach feels very modern-age. That said, I won't overuse it. It's more of an 'in an absence of a strong on-screen authority figure, DOA Officials are working with the company's fans to help shape it all'; they're giving them (you) a voice! :)

Knowing this, on Episode #5 (shown above), it was announced that a new championship is on the way (one that MJSTARK created masterfully, I might add) and it's called the DOA Television Championship. With TV being very viewer-friendly, DOA Officials turned to DOA Dead-Heads to decide WHO (and in what match) will compete for the coveted new prize! The only base is that the match will be amongst three wrestlers; you choose who though!

The survey, brought to you by the 'DOA App', can be utilized below...

The survey will remain open until 12AM Monday morning (that's mountain time). After that, the match will be set and will move forward as was chosen by you!

Good show. I got two wrong but good to see Pain and Gain win. Keeps things interesting. I was expecting Akima to win then challenge Parker for the belt. Still, the feud between him and Black continue and that'll be good for ratings.

Thank you, Timber! I hope your nap in this thread was a good one.

I knew I wanted Pain & Reign to win. Death Row has been quite dominant thus far (often through nefarious means but dominate none the less) and I knew I needed a team to match them. The good thing with Tank/Dozer is that they can match wits with Roach & Shady (both power-based teams).

Akima/Black continues on with how the match came to an end. We STILL don't have a definitive winner between the two. While Greg got the pin, no one really believes he 'won' that match outright. The unseen low blow was a huge deciding factor!

In reality, Akima (or anyone for that matter) could still be on Steven Parker's doorstep in the near future. The "Survival of the Fearless" PPV comes at the end of April and the winner of that 8-man tournament gets a DOA Championship opportunity of their choosing.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PWH%20News/PWHNews_zps48c1507f.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: DOA ATTEMPTS TO HIRE TALENT AWAY FROM 'BIG THREE' BUT UNSUCCESSFUL

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PWH%20News/SeanRivers_zpsa2333c38.jpg

In which to prove they are a ‘major player’ in the wrestling industry, DOA Officials have been busy attempting to negotiate several wrestlers away from the ‘Big Three’. While insiders claim that said negotiations were ‘fruitful’, especially given the small nature of the company, no one seemingly took the bait; one even stated that DOA was “too small” for him to consider. Below, we’ll document the current rumors circulating about WHO these men were & what was said to be part of their negotiations.

MIGHTY MO

DOA insiders claim that company officials offered the young powerhouse a contract that would stretch 5-years and approximately pay him close to $90,000 a year. This was coupled with the fact that DOA Officials were also offering him the assurance that Mo would be ‘fast-tracked to the main event scene’. In the end, it’s said that Mo took the ‘sure thing’ and stayed with Total Championship Wrestling.

RANDY BUMFHOLE

It’s being reported that DOA Officials REALLY wanted Randy Bumfhole and, in turn, offered him a massive contract (by company standards given their size) in which to lure the young tag team wrestler away from the ‘Land of Supreme’. While details are somewhat hazy at this point, several sources have claimed that company officials were willing to offer Randy a 5-year deal worth $270,000 a year. This is an alarming amount of money given the fact that, thus far, DOA has actually only seen a red financial situation. It’s also said that they were offering Bumfhole a ‘wage match’ obligation.

From there, this is where information gets a little hazy. Some insiders claim that DOA Officials later pulled out of the negotiations on their own accord; becoming uncomfortable with the high demands they were originally willing to offer. Other sources claim that Randy eventually turned down the offer and, instead, went back to the internationally giant in the SWF. Either way, which ever story is true, it appears that Randy Bumfhole will remain with Eisen’s company and will not be headed to DOA.

RICH MONEY

It’s said that Evan Vaughn, headbooker/creative of DOA, is a HUGE fan of Rich Money. Sadly, this little fact couldn’t sway Money to even acknowledge their company as a viable option for his future in wrestling. When asked whether or not he was interested, Money gave a simple “No; they’re too small.”

The shocking thing about the recent negotiations is that DOA Officials appear ready to offer guaranteed contracts for the first time. A question that remains though is, how will this sit with current DOA wrestlers? At this point, there isn’t a single wrestler on the roster with a written contract (all functioning on PPA deals). If someone were to be brought in WITH a written deal, would it rock the boat in the locker room area; wondering why THEY weren’t offered one as well?

More information to come…

TAGS:
SWF – TCW – DOA – Mighty Mo – Randy Bumfhole – Rich Money – Evan Vaughn

<hr color="black">

© 2014 All Rights Reserved. PowerhouseNews.com is a property of Powerhouse Media, LLC.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/News_zpsbb25b355.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/Rivers_zpse6477788.jpg

shocked the sports world last week when he announced that he was retiring from professional boxing. Amassing a strong 35-10 record during his career, Rivers was known to be one of the quickest heavyweight fighters in the world; his ‘freakish’ mixture of athleticism and shocking power, despite his small frame, gaining him such a tagline. Now, Malik will bring his unique skill set to the world of professional wrestling; under the banner of Deadly Overloaded Action.

“We got our man” was the direct quote we received from Arcadia executive, Jensen Tarver. “Malik is a unique talent both in boxing and now wrestling. I can’t wait to see what he can do between OUR ropes.” Tarver could not hide the smile upon his face when talking about Rivers this morning in a small press conference in Los Angeles, CA. It was rather obvious that signing “The Freak” was a high priority for the Arcadia executive.

When asked about his transition to professional wrestling, Rivers silenced some of his early critics with his dedication to his new career: “This isn’t a hobby for me. I’m coming to DOA to become one of the best this industry has ever seen.” While a lofty goal, Malik unveiled the fact that he had been training since early 2013 to step into a wrestling ring: “I’ve been working with a few trainers; 7-days a week since last year. I’m not as green as you’d think. Again, I’m not stepping into that ring to try to keep up. I expect to stand out; knock some brotha’s out.”

will debut LIVE on DOA “Rapid Assault” this next week as he meets Ernie Turner for a highly anticipated interview within the DOA Arena. What will he have to say? Who or what is he gunning for? And, will anyone stand in his path on his first night?

Tune in NEXT WEEK to witness history in the making!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/WebsiteBottom_zpsc2a5660c.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/News_zpsbb25b355.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/Rivers_zpse6477788.jpg

shocked the sports world last week when he announced that he was retiring from professional boxing. Amassing a strong 35-10 record during his career, Rivers was known to be one of the best lightweight fighters in the world; his ‘freakish’ mixture of athleticism and shocking power, despite his small frame, gaining him such a tagline. Now, Malik will bring his unique skill set to the world of professional wrestling; under the banner of Deadly Overloaded Action.

“We got our man” was the direct quote we received from Arcadia executive, Jensen Tarver. “Malik is a unique talent both in boxing and now wrestling. I can’t wait to see what he can do between OUR ropes.” Tarver could not hide the smile upon his face when talking about Rivers this morning in a small press conference in Los Angeles, CA. It was rather obvious that signing “The Freak” was a high priority for the Arcadia executive.

When asked about his transition to professional wrestling, Rivers silenced some of his early critics with his dedication to his new career: “This isn’t a hobby for me. I’m coming to DOA to become one of the best this industry has ever seen.” While a lofty goal, Malik unveiled the fact that he had been training since early 2013 to step into a wrestling ring: “I’ve been working with a few trainers; 7-days a week since last year. I’m not as green as you’d think. Again, I’m not stepping into that ring to try to keep up. I expect to stand out; knock some brotha’s out.”

will debut LIVE on DOA “Rapid Assault” this next week as he meets Ernie Turner for a highly anticipated interview within the DOA Arena. What will he have to say? Who or what is he gunning for? And, will anyone stand in his path on his first night?

Tune in NEXT WEEK to witness history in the making!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/WebsiteBottom_zpsc2a5660c.jpg

Loving the diary so far even though I miss SWF (like everybody, obviously). One thing to point out, lightweight would be really small for a professional wrestler. Those guys can weigh 135 max on fight night which means they walk around at 150-ish or so.

Loving the diary so far even though I miss SWF (like everybody, obviously). One thing to point out, lightweight would be really small for a professional wrestler. Those guys can weigh 135 max on fight night which means they walk around at 150-ish or so.

Do you mean for a boxer?

Lightweight, as a wrestler, at least in our game, I think has them going up to around 230lbs? If that's so then blame it on my general lack of knowledge as it pertains to boxing weights. ha. If that's so then I'll change the story to better reflect that. He'll be listed as a lightweight though; at least by wrestling standards.

Do you mean for a boxer?

Lightweight, as a wrestler, at least in our game, I think has them going up to around 230lbs? If that's so then blame it on my general lack of knowledge as it pertains to boxing weights. ha. If that's so then I'll change the story to better reflect that. He'll be listed as a lightweight though; at least by wrestling standards.

If he's 220-230 as a pro wrestler then he probably box at Cruiserweight at 200lbs or heavyweight 200+.

If he's 220-230 as a pro wrestler then he probably box at Cruiserweight at 200lbs or heavyweight 200+.

WOW! :eek:

Shows the difference between boxing and pro wrestling. ha. I have Malik "The Freak" Rivers at 220lbs in DOA (then again, it's not uncommon for people/bookers to lie about a fighter's size). I guess I should say that he was a heavyweight boxer in that regard.

From a heavyweight boxer to a lightweight wrestler!

WOW! :eek:

Shows the difference between boxing and pro wrestling. ha. I have Malik "The Freak" Rivers at 220lbs in DOA (then again, it's not uncommon for people/bookers to lie about a fighter's size). I guess I should say that he was a heavyweight boxer in that regard.

From a heavyweight boxer to a lightweight wrestler!

Well boxers don't have to work for Vince and his bodybuilder fetish :D

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/CHICAGOSTREETFIGHT_zps2d96f937.jpg

DOA Officials asked and YOU have spoken. Over the last few days, Dead-Heads flocked to the DOA app and made history by naming the three wrestlers who will compete for the coveted DOA Television Championship. These men, as you can see above, are none other than El Arma Mortal, Matthew Keith, and Red Razor!

Even more shocking, the championship bout will take place OUTSIDE of the DOA Arena as it’ll be a “Chicago Street Fight.” At this point, little is known as to how such a match will unfold but it’s been confirmed by DOA Officials that said match will take place, just as it sounds, on the streets of the “Windy City”; trading a wrestling ring with unforgiving concrete covered in dirty snow & ice.

Tune into DOA “Rapid Assault” THIS WEEK to witness WHO will walk away as the first-EVER DOA Television Championship!

Can't wait for The Freak's first interview! I imagine someone will come and interrupt it, and can't wait to see who it is!!! :D You've got me excited for this brand new character! Good job!

That's the best thing to read/see, Lloyd! :)

I wanted to bring Malik to life as, in real life, he'd pull some interest from fans (being something special and new to them).

His debut with DOA is going to be a truly exciting affair.....

• 2 weeks later...

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/THISWEEKPNG_zps8c9f1997.png

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/EDETS_zps4e81f56a.jpg
EPISODE #:

WEEK DATE:
2nd Thursday of April 2014

RUN-TIME:
60 Minutes

MAIN EVENT:
Acid vs. Clark Alexander

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/Spotlight_zps02065cf6.jpg
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Championships/DOATVShadow2_zps974ec6ec.png

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/Frankie%20Perez_zpshtwpaxjh.png
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/Keith_zpsgmybdtkc.png
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/Red_zpsjvytlmvc.png

EL ARMA MORTAL vs. MATTHEW KEITH vs. RED RAZOR

"Frozen Hell"

Arcadia opened their ears, and the DOA Dead-Heads have spoken. For the first-time in Deadly Overloaded Action history, three competitors will step outside of the ring and into the frozen streets of Chicago, Illinois. El Arma Mortal, Matthew Keith, and Red Razor were all selected by you to take part in this historic affair; however, in the end, being named to the match isn’t enough. It’s going to take a brutal victory to walk away with the coveted DOA Television Championship.

When looking at their wrestling styles, El Arma Mortal carries the greatest chance at victory. Utilizing an unforgiving style, filled with the intensity of stiff strikes, the mysterious masked man can transition well into a more brawl-based match. With that said though, little is known about Mortal. Does he have the ‘killer streak’ to turn his vicious ability into a street-fighting style? That remains to be seen.

In reality, if we’re placing the same demand on the other two, neither Matthew Keith or Red Razor really scream ‘street-fighter’. Both Keith & Razor are more in line with a high impact technical style; one utilizing great athleticism and in-ring prowess that defy their young ages. While impressive, a wrist-lock won’t do you any good when your first fall to the ice-filled ground can cause a concussion immediately upon impact.

Who will walk away with the DOA Television Championship? WHO will survive the HELL of a “Chicago Street Fight”? Tune into DOA “Rapid Assault” THIS WEEK to find out…

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/RACard_zps226f3af4.jpg
El Arma Mortal vs. Matthew Keith vs. Red Razor

[DOA Television Championship Match]

[Chicago Street Fight]

Pain & Reign vs. The Tokyo Express

[standard Tag Team Match]

"THE BLAZING RED DEMON"
Johnny Vicious vs.
"THE FUTURE IS NOW!"
Steven Parker
w/Eric Tyler

[standard Singles Match]

Acid
w/ Rebel Barbi
vs. Clark Alexander
w/ Amy Roberts

[standard Singles Match]

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/LIVE_zps4356d275.png

[Chicago Street Fight]

"THE BLAZING RED DEMON" Johnny Vicious vs. "THE FUTURE IS NOW!" Steven Parker w/Eric Tyler

[standard Singles Match]

Acid w/ Rebel Barbi vs. Clark Alexander w/ Amy Roberts

[standard Singles Match]

[Chicago Street Fight]

"THE BLAZING RED DEMON" Johnny Vicious vs. "THE FUTURE IS NOW!" Steven Parker w/Eric Tyler

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[Chicago Street Fight]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[Chicago Street Fight]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[Chicago Street Fight]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[Chicago Street Fight]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[Chicago Street Fight]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[Chicago Street Fight]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

I have missed out on a couple of prediction lists. Sorry about that, E-V. But I am definitely still reading. Looking forward to this card.

---

[Chicago Street Fight]

Matthew is my boy. I cannot pick against him.

Pretty standard tag team match, I believe.

[standard Singles Match]

Whether it is for the title or non-title, Parker will pick up a hard-fought victory.

[standard Singles Match]

I just plain like Acid better.

[Chicago Street Fight]

Razor don´t have the popularity so it´s between Arma and Keith. Frankly, it´s bit of a coin flip between those two but I go with Arma partly because I like him more and partly because Keith seems to have at least a short feud coming with Moretti anyway, while Arma has pretty much just been in random matches and title belt would likely help him get into storyline sooner or later.

I would love to see Tokyo Express get the win here, but sadly, with Death Row as champs, I see little reason for them to beat either of the face teams so Pain & Reign gets the win in order to built them up for title shot that will surely happen soon.

[standard Singles Match]

Parker has beaten the likes of Clark Alexander and Madman Boone in singles action and of course won the main event belt so I doubt he loses to Vicious who´s low on pecking order thanks to poor starting popularity.

[standard Singles Match]

I could see this one going either way since it´s likely just a first match in a longer feud but since Clark was the first main event level guy who lost to Parker (and no doubt lost some popularity in the process) I kind of see him being here to put others over rather than being the one who get big wins so I go with Acid.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Eisen-verse why hast thou forsaken us! :)

At least i got to do some picks.

-----------------------

[Chicago Street Fight]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

• 2 weeks later...

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/Logos/Yourewatching_zpsd6811a14.jpg

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/Logos/2ndPNGLogo_zps2dd53051.png

EPISODE #6

Thursday, 2nd Week of April 2014

DOA Arena || Great-Lakes

||
||
||

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/MISC/Lineup_zpsbd9bde94.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/COMMEN_zpsbf9d3e97.jpg

Samuel Curran:
Do you HEAR that ovation?
[Crowd roaring in the background]
That’s right, there’s only ONE wrestling show that can rile you up like that… It’s DOA “Rapid Assault!”
[Pauses]
We’re back for another week of LIVE, in your face, action and boy-o-boy do we have one hell of a show set up for you tonight!

Alex Braun:
There is NO other program like DOA "Rapid Assault" and that's pretty evident here tonight. Not ONLY do we have Malik Rivers on his way out here in a few minutes BUT we ALSO have a BIG show set and ready to go. We're going to crown the first-EVER DOA Television Championship after YOU voted for the three men to compete in a "Chicago Street Fight." Well, the men you chose have been preparing for the bitter cold ALL day and there's no telling WHAT will happen here tonight!

Samuel Curran:
We also have Acid and Clark Alexander in our main event tonight as the feud between Rebel Barbi and Amy Roberts continues to heat up after last weeks vicious attack!

Alex Braun:
We're getting word from the back... We're going LIVE to the ringside area where Ernie Turner is ALREADY on a microphone in the ring.

Samuel Curran:
It's the moment you've ALL been waiting for... The arrival... of the "Freak"!

[DOA “Rapid Assault” opens with the sight of the abrasive personality that is Ernie Turner standing in the middle of the ring. With a microphone already in hand, Turner gets right to the point; overtaking the DOA Arena with his signature raspy tone. Meanwhile, the crowd is buzzing from what they expect is coming next… The HIGHLY anticipated debut of “The Freak”…]

[Ernie Turner:
In the past week, there’s been ONE MAN who’s held the wrestling world in a tight fist. That man has been ALL over the dirt sheets… Some saying he’s not ready… others claiming that he’s the “next big thing” in professional wrestling. Honestly, we don’t know what he WILL be… but… we DO know that he’s here… tonight.
[The DOA Dead-Heads pop as Ernie smirks; showing his gold tooth in the process]
I’m not going to stall much longer… I KNOW you came here tonight to see the man… “The Freak”…
[Pauses; smirks]
So… without further ado… let me introduce to you… for the FIRST-TIME on DOA “Rapid Assault”… Malik… “The FREAK”… RIIIIIIVVVVVEEERRRRSSS!!!

[A dark-toned hip hop beat overtakes the DOA Arena as the Dead-Heads hop to their feet in great anticipation. It doesn’t take very long for them to witness the debut of “The Freak.” Within seconds, Malik is shown shuffling out of the back with a demeanor that can only be described as hardened confidence. Without needing a smirk, the muscular-framed lightweight projects an air of authentic bad ass from head-to-toe. Truly, this is the figure that Deadly Overloaded Action was looking for…]

[As he joins Ernie Turner in the ring, the gold-toothed journalist can’t help but smirk.]

[Ernie Turner]:
Malik… “the Freak”… Rivers…
[Pauses as he smirks; crowd pops]
Maaaaaan, it’s GREAT to see you in a DOA ring.

[The Dead-Heads take this opportunity to applaud the newcomer once again.]

[Ernie Turner]:
I gotta ask the question on everyone’s mind… After a successful career in boxing, landing endorsement deals with several prominent companies along the way, WHY has Malik Rivers decided to jump to professional wrestling?

[Malik Rivers]:
It’s what I’ve wanted since I was a young kid, sittin’ on my grandma’s floor, watchin’ Sam Strong plow over the competition.
[Pauses]
I may have started in a different ring but, here tonight, I step into the ONLY one that matters.
[Crowd pops]
THIS is where I want to be… it’s where I’ve ALWAYS wanted… to be…

[Ernie Turner]:
… but what do you say to those critics who think you’re just looking for a big paycheck? That you lost your ‘last step’ as a boxer and now you’re here to dance around & ‘put on a show’?

[Malik shakes his head as he begins to hear the question unfurl.]

[Malik Rivers]:
They don’t know me… They don’t know who I am.
[Angry in his tone]
They think I’m here for a paycheck?
[shakes his head]
Screw them…
[Crowd pops]
I’m not taking this lightly… I’ve come to DOA with the same instincts I had in boxing…
[Pauses]
I want to be the best… of ALL…time…

[Ernie Turner]:
Wow… lofty words…

[“The Freak” reaches out and grabs Ernie’s hand in which to pull the microphone closer]

[Malik Rivers]:
Damn right… and I’ll back it up… JUST like I’ve always done…

[Ernie Turner]:
I don’t doubt that… the thing is though…

[before Ernie can continue to speak, he’s interrupted by the sound of the DOA Champion’s theme music. As you’d expect, this incites the crowd to boo rather loudly. Seconds later, Steven Parker is shown confidently stepping out of the back with his golden, gleaming, championship in tow over his right shoulder. Behind him, Eric Tyler walks with a stern air to his hardened gaze.]

[As he enters the ring, Parker goes right to Rivers and the two engage in a strong stare-down of sorts; neither man backing down. That said, as this happens, Eric Tyler is shown ripping the microphone from Ernie Turner’s hand.]

[Eric Tyler]:
The best of all-time?
[slowly shakes his head in anger]
Who the HELL do you think you are?
[Pauses]
How DARE you walk into
HIS
ring and make such claims? You don’t know the first THING about our world…

[Parker extends his hand out for the microphone as he stays within inches of Malik’s nose. Once Tyler has given him the microphone, Parker begins to speak with the same proximity still.]

[steven Parker©]:
Back… up… Rivers…

[Parker verbally puffs his chest out; however, “The Freak” does not budge.]

[steven Parker©]:
I said… back… the [CENSOR]… up…

[The DOA Dead-Heads buzz as, still, Rivers doesn’t budge. In exchange, Parker begins to chuckle to himself.]

[steven Parker©]:
You’re stupid AND you have a death wish.
[stares as he pauses]
You’re standing in MY ring… “Freak.” You’re new around here; you may not know that… but let this be your final warning. Fall in line… behind me… like every other talentless HACK in this company… and there won’t be any problems. Got me?

[Rivers shocks the champ by reaching out and pulling the microphone out of his hand. This riles Parker up with an aggressive tone but he doesn’t do much more than step closer to the “Freak”.]

[Malik Rivers]:
You won’t be talkin’ so big when I break your jaw…

[The Dead-Heads pop as Rivers stands his ground. That said, we can hear Parker yelling off-mic now; growing with anger as he’s literally an inch from Rivers’ nose.]

[steven Parker©]:
YOU’RE NOTHING, RIVERS… YOU HEAR ME? NOTHING! THIS IS MY COMPANY… MY BELT… MY RING… YOU’RE NOTHING HERE…

[Dropping the microphone on the ground, clenching his famous fists, Malik responds; however, not as loud as Parker.]

[Malik Rivers]:
We’ll see about that…

[With that, the scene comes to a close with the two men staring one another down nose-to-nose; within an inch. That said, neither backs down. Parker, growing angrier by the second, is literally yelling in Rivers face. Meanwhile, “The Freak” remains silent but ultra-confident; jetting his jaw outward as a way of inviting the fight. A fight that doesn’t happen as we go to commercial break.]

GRADE:
C-

Samuel Curran:
Well, I knew that Malik Rivers debut in DOA would be memorable; however, I didn’t expect for it to involve the DOA Champion as well!

Alex Braun:
Parker sees all the attention that Rivers’ pulling in and he’s angry about it all. That’s obvious. He’s the champ and he feels like HE should be the ONLY focus in Deadly Overloaded Action. Honestly, I don’t know when the day will come but it’s GOING to at some point… We’ll see these two one-on-one in a DOA ring…. And I can’t WAIT for that!

Samuel Curran:
I think Rivers will be the first to say that he wants to ‘prove himself’ in our world. He’s not here, as the critics said, to pull in a fat paycheck. He WANTS to be the best of all-time. To do that, he’ll need to rise up the ranks and EARN his shot against Parker. I hope, someday, he GETS that shot!

Alex Braun:
He’s got A LOT of proving to do before he can step into a DOA Championship match BUT, if his boxing career says anything about him, there’s a good chance he WILL get there. When he does, I hope Steven Parker still holds the strap. These two would bring this arena down with them!

MATCH TYPE:
Chicago Street Fight; First Pinfall/Submission

TITLE(S) ON THE LINE:
DOA Television Championship

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
N/A

• Despite being April, it’s obviously cold outside in the “Windy City”. It’s springtime in the Midwest; snow and frigid temperatures still come around often.

• As a light snowfall falls upon the cracking concrete below, the three competitors meet across from one another; standing a good distance a part in several directions. After a short staredown, they all walk toward the middle of the street. Seconds later, as Matthew White nods his head, the match opens officially as a cloud of punches is shown coming from every which direction.

• El Arma Mortal opens strong as his lightning quick, yet incredible harsh, kicks keep both Keith & Razor at bay.

• This is until Red Razor starts to utilize nearby platforms (ie: a dumpster, a trash can, and a steel railing) to ‘take to the air’; connecting with a cross-body block on one occasion (from the high dumpster) and landing on both Keith & Mortal.

• Later, Razor tries for a tornado DDT, running off of the wall to get leverage, but Matthew Keith is able to stop the maneuver. In doing so, he’s able to shrug Razor off of him; having the masked man crash into a collection of wooden box crates against the concrete wall of the DOA Arena.

• A few minutes later, when trading heavyweight boxer-like blows, El Arma Mortal is sent through a, seemingly, faulty steel fence as Red Razor ‘returns from the dead’ and lands a powerful double-footed dropkick (facing upward when doing so). As you’d expect though, Razor hits hard on the concrete below.

• Dazed upon getting to his feet, Razor tries to go for a quick KO by attempting a desperation Superkick toward Matthew Keith. That said, “Hot Shot” is able to jet out of the way. Seconds later, he’s fluidly turned Razor’s attempt into a submission maneuver. Physically forcing him to the ground, Keith locks in the “Proton Lock” (Crippler Crossface).

• Mortal is slowly getting up; however, dazed.

• Before he can break the submission attempt, Razor is shown tapping out on the cold concrete below. In doing so, Matthew Keith walks away with the unique win and the right to be called the first-EVER DOA Television Champion!

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Matthew Keith via submission

ENDING SUBMISSION:
Matthew Keith forced Red Razor to submit

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Proton Lock” (Crippler Crossface)

ENDING TIME:
6:58

NOTE:
Matthew Keith has become the first-EVER DOA Television Champion

GRADE:
C-

Samuel Curran:
Matthew Keith!! Matthew Keith has won!!

Alex Braun:
Well I’ll be damned. We’ve got ourselves a DOA Television Championship and it’s Matthew Keith! I’ve been around this boy for years now and, honestly, I couldn’t be prouder. Yea, he’s a little snarky, he pushes some buttons here and there, but he’s one HELL of a talent. Plus, I don’t know if I’ve EVER seen someone work as hard as he does… There’s more than just a cocky smirk there…

Samuel Curran:
… yes there is… and it’s championship gold!

Alex Braun:
Red Razor and El Arma Mortal looked good out there. In the end though, it’s Keith who came away in the ONLY way that matters… with the win!

Samuel Curran:
I don’t know about you, Alex, but I’d LOVE to see these three go at it again! How about next week?

Alex Braun:
Something tells me that all THREE men are going to need some time to re-coop after this one…

[As Matthew Keith can barely make it to his feet, the frigid Chicago air making it possible to see his breath, Matthew Keith is shown handing him the DOA Television Championship for the first time. A man who’s known to smirk at all times, there’s no such thing here. Keith looks with amazement upon his championship, most likely looking at his reflection in the gold plate, as it seems like a dream come true; less of a childlike wonder kind of fashion and more confidently securing a goal of his.]

[sadly, he doesn’t get to celebrate for very long…]

[Out of nowhere, Marco Moretti appears and, within seconds, knocks Matthew White out with a heavy haymaker to the jaw of the newfound TV Champion. Keith crashes in a lifeless heap to the cement below, landing on the broken wooden crates that Red Razor once went through, as Moretti aggressively stands over his fallen victim.]

[strolling onto the scene, Amore, dressed in a skin-tight white dress and heels, bends down and picks up the TV Championship. Now, she’s the one gazing at her own reflection upon the golden plate. Seconds later, with a smirk upon HER face, the bossy Italian diva is shown flinging Keith’s belt over HER shoulder and walking off as if she owned it. Moretti follows closely behind.]

[The scene now ends with a zoomed in shot of the fallen Keith on dream street; snow landing on his motionless body as he remains unaware of what happened to HIS championship.]

GRADE:
D

Samuel Curran:
OH, COME ON!

Alex Braun:
Aint right…
[shakes his head in anger]
Aint… right…

Samuel Curran:
Matthew Keith pushed himself through HELL out there and THIS is how he’s repaid? Marco Moretti may have just BROKEN his JAW!!!

Alex Braun:
That or he could have suffered a concussion as he hit the ground…

Samuel Curran:
Amore has walked off with the DOA Television Championship… This was ALL part of her plan! It was only a week ago that these two (Keith & Moretti) were set to fight. At that time, it was thought the two would compete THIS week but, with the app results, that didn’t happen. Amore wanted HER man to get the spotlight either way… SO… she planned this all!! NOW it’s SHE who’s walking off with the belt…

Alex Braun:
That sounds more like Amore wanted the attention… not her getting the same for her client…

Samuel Curran:
Man… someone from the medical team needs to get out there soon! Matthew Keith’s LIFE may hang in the balance after that…

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Angles/SebastianCruise_zpse03e3eb2.jpg

VIDEO PROMO

INVOLVED:
Sebastian Cruise

"You’re pathetic”

[We open a new scene in which to see a smirking Sebastian Cruise seated in the back of a stretch limousine. With black leather beneath him, Cruise sits with two lovely ladies positioned on either side of him; their hands all over the young playboy. Also dressed in a finely tailored suit, the hated ‘bachelor’ appears to lead the perfect life.]

[sebastian Cruise]:
Everyone’s pining for Sebastian Cruise to make an appearance on “Rapid Assault.” The network is salivating at the kind of ratings that I bring to their rinky-dink little side-show.
[smirks]
They’re calling every day… every hour even… and, to be honest, I can’t blame them. I
AM
appointment television at its best…
[smirks]
The thing is though, I have bigger and BETTER things to do with my time than to slum around with some…
wrestlers
[Cruise shudders to show disdain before smirking again]
Plus, I have needs too…

[sebastian smirks and cocks his head to the side as both of the beautiful ladies at his side kiss him on the cheek.]

[sebastian Cruise]:
When will I be back?
[Pauses; smirks]
To be honest, when I feel like it. My contract affords me that right.
[Pauses]
In the meantime, I’m going to do what I do best… and that’s brighten your TV sets… JUST… not from a disgusting wrestling ring.
[shakes his head]
No… no… from the set of my new hit TV show HERE on Arcadia… “Cruisin’ for Love”…

[The limo comes to a stop as Sebastian chuckles due to an immense amount of arrogance; the kind of chuckle that instantly burrows under your skin. Seconds later, the three in the backseat exit the limo; however, not before Cruise sends one last wink toward the TV lens. From there, the scene goes to black.]

GRADE:
C-

Samuel Curran:
What a prick…

Alex Braun:
… and then some. He’s LUCKY he’s not here tonight. The boys in the back are ALREADY sick of his stupid little games. If he were here, I PROMISE YOU he’d be walking out with a black eye or two…

Samuel Curran:
I’d pay to see that…

Alex Braun:
I think we ALL would…

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Tag Team Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
N/A

• The pairing of Fumihiro Ota & Kazuma Narato are obviously employing a strategy from the onset of the match. Using their speed, both men exchange tags rather quickly and, in connection, strike rather brief and lightning fast.

• Pain & Reign breaks this at times with a power move or two; however, moments later, the Tokyo Express is back on the offensive with their original approach.

• That is until Tank catches Kazuma Narato with a truly violent Spinebuster; catching Narato as he dove from the top rope.

• From that point on, Pain & Reign overpowers their opponents and, eventually, bring the match to an end by catching Fumihiro Ota with their signature “Knocked Into Next Week” (High Powered Closeline/Spear Combo).

• Ota, completely KO’ed by the attack, is unable to kick-out. Meanwhile, Kazuma Narato is steamrolled by a powerful spear from Dozer seconds later as he enters the ring.

• Because of this, Pain & Reign comes away with the big win!

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Pain & Reign via pinfall

ENDING PINFALL:
Tank pinned Fumihiro Ota

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Knocked Into Next Week” (High Powered Closeline/Spear Combo)

ENDING TIME:
5:52

GRADE:
C-

Samuel Curran:
Fumihiro Ota looks like he’s COMPLETELY out cold after that one…

Alex Braun:
After an impact like that, I don’t know if ANYONE can overcome that…

Samuel Curran:
The Tokyo Express continues to struggle in Deadly Overloaded Action. Meanwhile, Pain & Reign looks like they’re steamrolling toward a DOA Tag Team Championship match in the future!

Alex Braun:
To be honest, I’m shocked that Ota & Narato have fallen apart like this. These two are multiple time Tag Team Champions in other companies. You would THINK they’d be running through the competition here…. But… No. Meanwhile, Dozer & Tank look great. These guys are TRULY the future of tag team wrestling; there’s no doubt in my mind.

Samuel Curran:
Wait…
[Presses his ear to listen]
It sounds like… Someone’s on their way out…

Alex Braun:
Death Row?

Samuel Curran:
Uh… No… It’s… Batch?

[The final bell tolls as Pain & Reign proudly slam their meat-hooks for hands upon their chests. Huffing, puffing, and appearing like a pair of pissed of rhino’s, Dozer & Tank look out upon the crowd with impenetrable confidence. That said, seconds later, their attention would be pulled in another direction as the sound of Carl Batch’s husky tone is heard overtaking the ringside area.]

[Carl Batch]:
Impressive…
[His cigar firmly in his mouth]
You made the Tokyo Express look like nothin’…
[Pauses; takes a puff on his cigar and then holds it in his right hand]
You’ve got the power but… do ya have the… ‘killer instinct’?
[Pauses; points to the brutish team with his cigar]
That remains to be seen, boys.
[Pauses]
Thing is though… I know a few cats who DO…
[smirks]
They know how to get down and dirty… do whatever it takes…
[smirks; pauses]
to TAKE… whatever they want…

[batch smirks as he takes another drag on his cigar from on high. Seconds later, the DOA Dead-Heads are heard buzzing as a pair of grungy looking individuals jump the steel guardrail. Once we realize who it is, it’s too late for the powerhouse team of Pain & Reign.]

[Equip with a pair of steel chairs in hand, Death Row enters the ring in dirty street clothes. Seconds later, as Dozer & Tank see what’s happening, the DOA Tag Team Champions are shown violently KO’ing their newfound rivals with said weapons. This all ends with BOTH Tank & Dozer being dropped with a pair of “Death Sentences” (Double Rock Bottom) by Death Row onto a chair.]

[The DOA Dead-Heads boo as the DOA Tag Team Champions celebrate within the ring; their fallen victims lying semi-motionless in the ring. Meanwhile, Carl Batch is shown puffing away on his cigar with a strong smirk upon his face.]

GRADE:
D-

Samuel Curran:
What is THIS all about?! Is Carl Batch working with Death Row?!

Alex Braun:
That’s what it’s looking like, Sam. How ELSE could you explain this?

Samuel Curran:
Just when you THOUGHT we’ve found a team that could challenge for the DOA Tag Team Championships, Death Row finds a NEW way to get out ahead.

Alex Braun:
Batch is one hell of a manager. I’ve never really gotten along with the man but you can’t deny what he can do for his clients. Death Row may hold those belts even longer now. I’m sure Batch will do everything in his power to see to that…

Samuel Curran:
Next time, let’s see if you can win the fight WITHOUT weapons!
[shakes his head]
I’m SURE Tank & Dozer could put you on your heels in a FAIR fight!

Alex Braun:
Fair? That’s not something Death Row is all about… they take… what they want… when they want it…

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Angles/AkimaBrave_zps4fd27a2c.jpg

HYPE VIDEO/PROMO

INVOLVED:
Akima Brave

"Warring with everything”

[We now watch an extended hype video focused on the underlying raging bull that is Akima Brave. The production follows the “KOA Warrior” as he aggressively encounters a rundown gym in the heart of Chicago. Sweating, snarling, and most likely tearing muscle in the process, the intense brawler proves to be growing larger in size due to his recent workout regimen. It appears that the chip upon Brave’s shoulder is actually larger than once thought; motivating his every move, thought, and action.]

[As we watch his intense workout, we hear Brave’s voice peering over the top; recorded earlier.]

[Akima Brave]:
I was written off… told I wasn’t much more than a curtain jerker.
[Pauses]
“You’re too slow… you don’t have the ‘look’, kid…”…
[Pointed chuckle]
[CENSOR] that…
[Pauses]
Now it’s MY time… MY time to step into THAT ring and PROVE that NO ONE can survive my hell.
[Pauses]
You want a fight? I’ll give ya a fight…
[Pauses]
You want a war? I’ll GIVE ya a [CENSOR] war…
[Pauses]
Kill ‘em all…
[Pauses]
Every… last… one of ‘em…

[At the close of Akima’s brash, if not unsettling, statement, we witness one last vision of a sweaty Akima Brave slowly pulling upward on his last rep of a maxed-out shrug. His face contorts, the trademark snarl there, as he intensely looks into his own eyes using a large mirror in front of him. Then, the scene dramatically goes black.]

GRADE:
D

Samuel Curran:
Akima Brave grows more and more angry as the weeks go on here in Deadly Overloaded Action. This video only proves that!

Alex Braun:
Brave’s story isn’t anything different than a lot of ours. The ‘big wigs’ decide we’re not ‘worthy’ and, knowing this, we get shoved back down the drain; never to return again in most cases. The difference here is, Akima Brave has this fiery intensity about it all… He’s about ready to explode… that chip on his shoulder is practically nuclear at this point…

Samuel Curran:
While a good perspective to have in the ring, you wonder if this intensity of Brave’s could eventually lead to his unraveling…

Alex Braun:
It’s possible… I’ve seen it before… I KNOW I’ll see it again. That’s just the sport we work in. These guys grow angrier and angrier until SOMETHING has to give… I just hope Akima can reign it in when he has to…

Samuel Curran:
Me too…

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Singles Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
Eric Tyler w/ Steven Parker

• Johnny Vicious explodes as the bell rings; crashing into Parker with a violent flipping closeline straight away. This riles the DOA Dead-Heads right away, as you would expect.

• Vicious continues his onslaught and almost hits his signature “Vicious Circle” (Spinning Death Valley Driver); however, Parker is able to slip out at the last second. Moments later, a spiked DDT from the DOA Champion leaves Vicious reeling.

• Later, Vicious almost gets himself disqualified as he uses the middle ring rope to violently choke Parker. Somehow, someway, the “Blazing Red Demon” comes to his senses JUST in time before Matthew White has to call for the bell.

• Coughing, the new “Traditionalist” angrily powers through the pain & starts to create an offensive approach that feels more aggressive in nature. This is at its climax when Parker swiftly sweeps Vicious leg’s from behind; having him fall flat on the back of his head.

• In the end, after landing a hard running back elbow in the corner to Vicious, Parker locks his opponent into his signature “Future Shock” (Bridging Fisherman Suplex).

• Johnny tries to aggressively wrestle free after the 2nd count; however, the break doesn’t come until AFTER the 3rd count hits.

• The DOA Dead-Heads boo, a small fraction actually cheering, as Eric Tyler sternly nods his head in connection with a single fist hit.

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Steven Parker via pinfall

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Future Shock” (Bridging Fisherman Suplex)

ENDING TIME:
7:38

GRADE:
C-

Samuel Curran:
Johnny Vicious is a unique talent but his even his uber-aggressiveness wasn’t enough to topple the DOA Champion.

Alex Braun:
Yea, I liked some of the stuff he did in there. He’s a rabid competitor; that’s for sure. Ultimately though, Steven Parker, as much as you may hate the guy, knows how to get the job done. If anything, we saw a little aggressive streak from the champ in this one. He was getting tired of Vicious, you could see that.

Samuel Curran:
It looks like Parker may not be done here…

Alex Braun:
He’s eyeing Vicious up… This may not be a good idea on his part… “The Blazing Red Demon” MAY have A LOT of fight left in him…

[The final bell tolls a few more times as Steven Parker defies its tone; stomping the hell out of the fallen Vicious. Seconds later, Eric Tyler is shown sliding the DOA Championship under the bottom rope and into the ring. With an unsettling smirk, Parker grabs the belt, drops it next to Vicious’ head, and slowly begins to pick up the depleted “Blazing Red Demon.” There, despite the crowd’s booing, Parker sets up Vicious for his signature “Future Shock” (Bridging Fisherman Suplex). This time, it’s different though as he’s sizing up the move ONTO the belt below.]

[Fortunately, for Vicious, this move never happens. Instead, it’s thwarted by a speeding Malik Rivers.]

[With a strong energy, “The Freak” overtakes the squared circle with an aggressive tone. That said, seeing this, Parker exits the ring before he can get there; taking Eric Tyler’s side as the two slowly shuffle away from the ring.]

[Rivers barks at Parker from within the ring, taunting him to ‘step in and fight’, but Parker simply smirks in return. Shaking his head, the DOA Champion points to his forehead and mouths… “I’m smarter than that… We’ll do it on MY terms… I’M the champ…”.]

[With that, Rivers doesn’t necessarily lean down to help up Vicious (who’s still reeling). Instead, he stares down the DOA Champion in a stoic sense of strength as the combination of Tyler & Parker smugly defy his advances at a fight.]

GRADE:
D

Samuel Curran:
Rivers wants to get his hands on Parker… but that won’t be today, it seems. The DOA Champion is retreating from ringside area; backing down… running…

Alex Braun:
Parker doesn’t want ANYTHING to do with Rivers right here.

Samuel Curran:
Someday, Parker won’t be so lucky… He’ll HAVE to step toe-to-toe with “The Freak.” When he does… The entire wrestling world will take notice!

Alex Braun:
As long as Malik can’t step into this world and be successful, there’s a good chance that we’ll see these two square off. Until then, “The Freak” needs to PROVE that he’s a comparable wrestler; not just a boxer looking to make it in OUR industry.

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Singles Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
Rebel Barbi w/ Acid

Amy Roberts w/ Clark Alexander

• The match looks as though it’s going to open with a collar-and-elbow-tie-up; however, as they come together, Acid jumps the gun and lands a hard kick square to Alexander’s stomach. Seconds later, Clark is lying on his back after 2 more violent kicks from the former DaVE wrestler.

• Alexander eventually returns the favor with a few kicks of his own; however, it’s not as successful as Acid’s. He DOES take the masked man to the canvas but he’s ultimately back in control after an unexpected drop-toe-hold that sends Alexander’s throat across a nearby bottom rope.

• Later, a superplex from Acid leaves Alexander down. While ring-rattling, it only generates a 2-count.

• Watching from afar, Rebel Barbi arrogantly snarls toward the beautiful Amy Roberts. In return, the Blonde Bombshell stands in confidence; somewhat awkward by the situation but seemingly putting a strong face on.

• In the end, Acid overwhelms Alexander and lands a Lionsault. Seconds later, for good measure, Acid stomps square in the stomach of his dazed opponent. Seconds later, an “Acid Rain Bomb” (Sit-down Powerbomb) brings the match to an end.

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Acid via pinfall

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Acid Rain Bomb” (Sit-down Powerbomb)

ENDING TIME:
11:39

GRADE:
C-

Samuel Curran:
Acid was just TOO much here tonight.

Alex Braun:
Way too much. Clark Alexander is a crafty veteran, that’s the truth. Here tonight though, it’s Acid who came away with a strong win.

Samuel Curran:
This CAN’T be what Amy Roberts was hoping for…

Alex Braun:
… but EVERYTHING Rebel Barbi was…

[The final bell of the night tolls loudly as the mysterious Acid oddly stands in a wide stance as his hand is raised as the victor. At his side, Rebel Barbi literally claws her nails across his chest as she tangles her front leg around his; leaving a slight scar from her slicing motion. She doesn’t look directly at Amy at first; however, carries a dark smirk upon her face that tells of a woman who’s gloating. Seconds later, she does look over at the frustrated Amy standing at ringside. She flings her colorful hair backward, laughing to herself in an overstated way as she truly ‘rubs the win in Amy’s face’. Meanwhile, as the show goes off the air, we see Amy crossing her arms in a physical sign of frustration. She shakes her head as she slowly walks away from the ringside area. In this moment, Rebel Barbi has won…]

GRADE:
C+

Samuel Curran:
Rebel Barbi sent a message to Amy Roberts here tonight… That’s obvious. It’s written ALL over BOTH of their faces.

Alex Braun:
Amy thought she could rely on Clark Alexander to pull one over Barbi. Sadly, that didn’t happen here. Clark put together one hell of a showing but, as I’ve seen many times before, Acid’s unorthodox style of wrestling wins out yet again.

Samuel Curran:
She’s loving this…

Alex Braun:
She really is…

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/ESWR_zps36da4505.jpg

<hr color="black">
EPISODE BREAKDOWN

OVERALL EPISODE GRADE:
C

ATTENDANCE:
3,905 (out of 5,000)

TV RATING:
0.71 (- 0.03)

POPULARITY CHANGE:
This show increased our popularity in 11 regions

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PWH%20News/PWHNews_zps48c1507f.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: DOA RELEASES TWO WRESTLERS FOLLOWING RAPID ASSAULT

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PWH%20News/SeanRivers_zpsa2333c38.jpg

FInsiders within Deadly Overloaded Action have claimed that the pair of Antonio Del Veccio and La Sombra Jr. have been released from the company. While both were considered to be valuable assets at one point, Del Veccio even seeing TV time under the “Viva Italia” faction, it’s said that creative simply “didn’t have anything for them.” This comes as a shock, once again, given Del Veccio’s early focus in the company.

With the release of ADV and the recent spotlight for his former bodyguard on “Rapid Assault” this week, many are speculating that Marco Moretti may be in line for singles push alongside Amore. Currently, given the storyline, Moretti and Amore have possession of the newly crowned TV Championship after the pair stole it from the real champion in Matthew Keith.

More information to come…

TAGS:
DOA – Antonio Del Veccio – La Sombra Jr – Marco Moretti – Amore

<hr color="black">

© 2014 All Rights Reserved. PowerhouseNews.com is a property of Powerhouse Media, LLC.

Archived