[WIP] Unnamed Skin

Got some more work done on this over the last day or so. Here are the company and worker screens, complete with the new task bar. You'll notice I decided to put the curved border around the company and worker images, but I'm not entirely sold on it.

http://www.raywilsondesign.com/misc/companies.jpg

http://www.raywilsondesign.com/misc/workers.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is really nice sir.

I feel like the black and grey would work with a nice orange highlight scheme on some screens

Once I'm done with this scheme, I plan to convert it to other coloured schemes/highlights (which shouldn't take long with colour swap tools :)).

How would the curved borders affect the Organic cuts? Or is that why you weren't sold on the curved borders?

http://www.raywilsondesign.com/misc/Organic.jpg

This is what it looks like with the Organic/nGo pack. The reason I'm not entirely sold on it is because the nature of the worker images are square, and I'm trying to manipulate it to be rounded edges. I'm not sure it works.

The A* are not aligned. The rest are good.

Are you planning on doing dual grades?

I may do, once the rest of the skin is complete. I think I made the A* too big in size, in comparison to the others. I'll fix that. I'll have the worker popularity screen to show soon.

Just wanted to pop in and say from one skin-maker to another that this is absolutely tremendous. Your use of the space - rounding off title bars after what you need rather than spreading it right across the page unnecessarily and leaving the spaces blank when the black text box is added etcetera - make it feel entirely brand new and fresh. Hopefully your idea of .PNG images being usable for skins in the future comes to fruition because you can already tell that with the possibilities of transparent images, this kind of skin (which I'm sure will be imitated in the future) will open numerous doors. You've got your issues with the alignment of text (particularly on the last image) but I'm sure you'll fix these issues and I honestly can't wait to use it. :)

Just wanted to pop in and say from one skin-maker to another that this is absolutely tremendous. Your use of the space - rounding off title bars after what you need rather than spreading it right across the page unnecessarily and leaving the spaces blank when the black text box is added etcetera - make it feel entirely brand new and fresh. Hopefully your idea of .PNG images being usable for skins in the future comes to fruition because you can already tell that with the possibilities of transparent images, this kind of skin (which I'm sure will be imitated in the future) will open numerous doors. You've got your issues with the alignment of text (particularly on the last image) but I'm sure you'll fix these issues and I honestly can't wait to use it. :)

Thanks for the kind words, Mammoth. Unfortunately Adam said in the WMMA4 section that the programming language doesn't support PNG.

What text on that last image is misaligned Mammoth? I'm looking over it but it all seems fine to me - but I am quite tired, so it's probably imparing my vision. :o

Thanks for the kind words, Mammoth. Unfortunately Adam said in the WMMA4 section that the programming language doesn't support PNG.

What text on that last image is misaligned Mammoth? I'm looking over it but it all seems fine to me - but I am quite tired, so it's probably imparing my vision. :o

That sucks. :(

The "Personal Assistant", "Quick Finance", "Recap Last Show" etcetera buttons. Take it with a pinch of salt because my sleepy eyes may be equally visually impaired, but they seem to zig-zag somewhat by only a pixel or two. I haven't got the best eye sight at the best of times, so I may be mistaken.

No, you're right, and I know why. I had a template of the button and was then creating the text, centering it, flattening it, and then pasting into the screen. Because the 'Q' has a 'tail' on it, it makes the rest of the text sit up a pixel or two. I'll fix this in the morning.

Everything look great aside one minor things, but probably it's me.

Is it possible to have another button for internet than the Internet Explorer one? I have bad memories...

Good to know the process is moving forward smoothly.

I'll think of something. I could have a generic one and then have some brand specific icons thrown in for those with a preference.

I plan (but can't guarantee) to do two versions of the webpage. One as a webpage and one set out like a newspaper / magazine. I figure this way for those that play mods set before the mid-90's it would help immerse them into their game.

<p>Progress update: 54 of 149 screens are now complete, as well as a certain percentage of buttons and graphics. I plan to spend the next couple of hours working on this some more, and I'm hoping to have this finished within a week.</p><p> </p><p>

On a different note, though, if anyone has any suggestions for a name for the skin I'd love to hear them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RayW" data-cite="RayW" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38623" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Progress update: 54 of 149 screens are now complete, as well as a certain percentage of buttons and graphics. I plan to spend the next couple of hours working on this some more, and I'm hoping to have this finished within a week.<p> </p><p> On a different note, though, if anyone has any suggestions for a name for the skin I'd love to hear them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ray Of Grey.</p>

<p>Managed to get a lot of the easier screens finished, and since my last post have finished another 30 screens. Bringing me to 84 out of 149.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38623" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ray Of Grey.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like it, but I plan to make other colour variants.</p><p> </p><p> Here are some new screens (blame Photobucket for the compressed quality):</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/RayW1986/Image9.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/RayW1986/Image10.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/RayW1986/Image11.jpg</span></p>

Archived