The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just like doing the final fight of a reality show. Book the tournament via the tournament feature, then book the matches in the card. It will automatically recognize that it's part of the tournament and adjust the brackets accordingly.

It's just like doing the final fight of a reality show. Book the tournament via the tournament feature, then book the matches in the card. It will automatically recognize that it's part of the tournament and adjust the brackets accordingly.

It's just pain in the ass to attempt to book a 32 man tournament and I just assumed it would be similar to how you booked one night tournaments in WMMA 3. four and 8 man tournaments were easy to book all you did was just select the guys. Now you have to book all the matches every single round.

I figured it was manual by the looks of it. That is a step back from WMMA 3. I am a bit disappointed to say the least by this feature.

I'm sorry you don't like it. Having complete control over when the fights happen, what order they happen, being able to spread them over multiple cards, and to react to injuries are all improvements in my view, so I think the feature is superior now.

It's just pain in the ass to attempt to book a 32 man tournament and I just assumed it would be similar to how you booked one night tournaments in WMMA 3. four and 8 man tournaments were easy to book all you did was just select the guys. Now you have to book all the matches every single round.

I see what you're saying, but I kind of prefer it the new way. It allows you to do a realistic long-term grand prix and the game recognizes it as an official tournament and achievement. I'm someone that was doing tournaments like this in WMMA3 all the time, so to now have the game track and recognize it is a great bonus. Having to put in the extra clicks for a trade-off like that is okay by me.

I see what you're saying, but I kind of prefer it the new way. It allows you to do a realistic long-term grand prix and the game recognizes it as an official tournament and achievement. I'm someone that was doing tournaments like this in WMMA3 all the time, so to now have the game track and recognize it is a great bonus. Having to put in the extra clicks for a trade-off like that is okay by me.

You could of always done that anyways with the built in note pad. That is what I used to do all the time and found it to be a hassle going back and fourth making sure I had every guy set up right.

You could of always done that anyways with the built in note pad. That is what I used to do all the time and found it to be a hassle going back and fourth making sure I had every guy set up right.

Well, that's what I mean. I would use a notepad or a third-party tournament website (like challonge), but now you don't need to do that. The game tracks it for you.

You could've done manual tournaments spread over various events in WMMA1 if you kept track on it yourself. The (afaik only) reward you get from it here is that the game keeps track of it as an achievement for the winning fighter, which alone is worth it imo.

In WMMA3 I was able to click on the 'Weight Classes' screen and it would give an exact breakdown of all the weight classes in my company and how many fighters were in each.

In WMMA4 the 'Weight Classes' screen does not give this breakdown. Is there anywhere else I can check this?

another stupid question if asked before... if i fiddle around with the demo database, will the changes transfer over when i upgrade it to the retail version?

thanks!

It depends on whether you download a fresh database or not. I would recommend that you do, as there are going to be new characters on top of fixes to biographies, etc.

Archived