The Minor Questions Thread

How well does the game handle alternate weight classes? I've been toying around with the ideas of splitting the Heavyweight division by introducing a 230 pound Cruiserweight class, just to give people who are slightly too big to fight at 205 a place to go where they aren't giving up 40-50 pounds to the big guys. I'm also toying with the idea of introducing a 160 pound division, just so there isn't a 15 pound gap on the low end, where poundage matter more.

Does the game recognize that in it's rankings? Does it hurt their "aura" since they aren't in a default weight class? And does it actually make sense, from a fight organization point of view?

I did a test game with ALPHA using your cruiserweight division and it looks like it doesn't really work as intended, rankings wise. Everything is fine aside from that as far as I can tell - makes a new title, separates out the people after you assign the correct classes, etc etc. But every Heavyweight and Cruiserweight populated on both lists. In WMMA3 it took 2 fights in a new class to get re-assigned in the rankings so maybe this is the same situation, but for now I have matching rankings on both weight class lists.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm. I'm playing as BCF, and I'm losing 1,6 million for production for a show, even though medium regional marketing should only cost 75k. Production costs seem to be coming from somewhere else, but I don't know where it gets such a huge number.

Not only that, I am getting complaints from the broadcasters for not enough star power even though I stack the shows with several "superb/strong" main events. I used the auto fill feature to decide broadcasters, which puts both UK Broadcasting Digital and United Kingdom Choice in there.

Any idea why this is happening? I like difficulty, but it seems either I'm doing something horribly wrong or there is a bug I can't figure out.

Also just ran a show with BCF and got hit with 1.7m in Production, not sure how to change this!

Hmm. I'm playing as BCF, and I'm losing 1,6 million for production for a show, even though medium regional marketing should only cost 75k. Production costs seem to be coming from somewhere else, but I don't know where it gets such a huge number.

Not only that, I am getting complaints from the broadcasters for not enough star power even though I stack the shows with several "superb/strong" main events. I used the auto fill feature to decide broadcasters, which puts both UK Broadcasting Digital and United Kingdom Choice in there.

Any idea why this is happening? I like difficulty, but it seems either I'm doing something horribly wrong or there is a bug I can't figure out.

hmm thats odd, take it to tech support?

Bearing in mind that I have no idea what's been changed in the last patches due to lack of changelog, does having fantasy match making turned on effect the frequency of outside the fight injuries?

No, i don't think so. That is a separate option.

Changelig is kinda in the tech thread if you read the closed threads.

And paateros problem sounds like a bug. Due ti limited variabkes you cant do much wrong.

What relationships can form organically in the game? Obviously things like blood relative isn't something that can develop, but what about the others? I know that dislikes and likes can happen, and with the new sexuality, I'm assuming that fighters can end up dating each other. Will they also eventually possibly get engaged, marry, divorce, split up, etc? What about being a protege? Can one fighter end up taking another under his/her wing and training them?

EDIT: Also, what about the broadcasting skills? Will fighters (or non-fighters) get better at things like Analysis and Play-By-Play if they're put in the broadcasting positions?

i may have missed it somhow but can we control show costs anymore like we did in WMMA 3? i tried looking through finances with no luck or are show costs a set value?

Nope. You can control marketing though. Its an organic value. Nit that we could control much in wmma3 so you dont lose much.

As for relationshios: i rarely noticed them happening in wmma3 but i think i saw a breakup happen once.

I've been manually creating a few characters, and as I tend to do I make them as young as possible to make sure they stick around in the game world for a while. I'm not sure of the exact set of stats that leads to this, but I have fairly consistently ended up with manually created fighters entering the game with a black belt in Jiu Jitsu at the age of 18. Which is weird, because I checked and you have to be at least 19 to get a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, at least according to Wikipedia. I figured I'd post here first, though, since my only source is, well... Wikipedia.

So the question is: Is this correct, technically incorrect but intended for simplicity, or something that should be reported as a bug?

Does the FLB AI ever run any prelim fights in your games even though they have built a pretty solid roster? Is this actually by design?

They have not run any prelims for me, either.

--------

How do you create an interim title? Does the option only appear if your champ gets injured? What if they go on hiatus? Anyone know?

So wait.. There's no real change log? We have to go back and look at closed topics to try and GUESS what's been added? Seriously?

There'll be a list of additions when the public beta ends. There won't be a list of errors fixed because that's unnecessary - if they've been reported, they're either clearly visible still in the Technical Support forum or they've been fixed.

Does the FLB AI ever run any prelim fights in your games even though they have built a pretty solid roster? Is this actually by design?

I think this is mostly because of the popularity of the fighters on the roster.

Most guys have a pretty solid amount of popularity, making them ''too popular'' for prelim fights.

There are only a small amount of guys on the FLB roster that would really need prelim fights.

Archived