The Minor Questions Thread

It's randomized at the start of every new game regardless so it doesn't matter

I don't think you get what he means. he could have a regen of a fighter who isn't in the database but might have a bunch of hidden stats. so he's asking if you import him from wmma3 will he keep his hidden stats?

now I don't know if the guy he is talking about or not is a regen but its probably a question adam is going to have to answer in order to know for sure.

I really don't understand why they're any hidden stats? everything about the character should be editable during a save.

for example if I wanted to give someone a iron chin for the start of their career as he gets older to make it realistic, I might want to write a narrative in my own game that at age 35 his chin is a shell of its former self and untick his iron chin box making him even more vulernable to KO's causing him to retire.

as far as I know you can't edit hidden stats during a save.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you get what he means. he could have a regen of a fighter who isn't in the database but might have a bunch of hidden stats. so he's asking if you import him from wmma3 will he keep his hidden stats?

now I don't know if the guy he is talking about or not is a regen but its probably a question adam is going to have to answer in order to know for sure.

I really don't understand why they're any hidden stats? everything about the character should be editable during a save.

for example if I wanted to give someone a iron chin for the start of their career as he gets older to make it realistic, I might want to write a narrative in my own game that at age 35 his chin is a shell of its former self and untick his iron chin box making him even more vulernable to KO's causing him to retire.

as far as I know you can't edit hidden stats during a save.

As for the chin: you can manually edit that during a game. Chin strenght is also not a hidden stat. Only destiny is. And the Iron Chin box was a feature of WMMA3.

The 'destiny' stat is a choice Adam made and it has pro's and cons like any other choice. Each game will be different (a much requested feat for a manager sim) at a cost of consistency.

I'm now almost three months into a SIGMA game and have held a show in February and also booked another show in April and one in June.

So far I haven't had a single injury, neither a random one, nor one in training camp nor one from a fight. I realized that the injury rate was lowered slightly, but this seems like a big adjustment compared to the high amounts of injuries I encountered with the beta version of the game.

What's very suspicious to me is that no one got injured on my February card. Could there still be a bug?

I'm now almost three months into a SIGMA game and have held a show in February and also booked another show in April and one in June.

So far I haven't had a single injury, neither a random one, nor one in training camp nor one from a fight. I realized that the injury rate was lowered slightly, but this seems like a big adjustment compared to the high amounts of injuries I encountered with the beta version of the game.

What's very suspicious to me is that no one got injured on my February card. Could there still be a bug?

You can always set random injuries higher, it's on low by default so it would be better that you're not getting an injury per show on low.

You can always set random injuries higher, it's on low by default so it would be better that you're not getting an injury per show on low.

That's not the issue, though. If I understand the game correctly, injuries during training camp and from fights are independent from the the injury frequency you can set under options. So setting it to high wouldn't change much.

I thought the injury frequency was pretty accurate and realistic from the beginning and I didn't think an adjustment was needed.

I reported it in the Tech Support forum, just in case something is wrong. Maybe i just got lucky.

That's not the issue, though. If I understand the game correctly, injuries during training camp and from fights are independent from the the injury frequency you can set under options. So setting it to high wouldn't change much.

I thought the injury frequency was pretty accurate and realistic from the beginning and I didn't think an adjustment was needed.

I reported it in the Tech Support forum, just in case something is wrong. Maybe i just got lucky.

That's correct. That injuries in the setting is for random injuries that happen outside of training.

A fighters resilience stat is what determines training injuries. The only way to control this is just to mass edit everyone's resilience stat higher.

No. It was brought up several times in the suggestions thread. Adam doesn't seem like wants to bring it back. I'd love to have it also, because it helps me choose when to schedule cards.

Yeah, it was pretty useful. But adam wanted to make it more "real", in real we don't know when a fighter could train again, if it's gonna be cleared for this date, etc

Is there no longer a screen where I can see at a glance how long all my fighters will be unavailable?

No. But you'll get e-mails when a fighter returns from suspension or injury. Unfortunately you'll never get a notice when a fighter is back from a recupertation period.

Yeah, it was pretty useful. But adam wanted to make it more "real", in real we don't know when a fighter could train again, if it's gonna be cleared for this date, etc

There are a lot of things in WMMA games taht aren't anywhere close to real, but they are in the game to make it more fun and user friendly, as a computer game.

In real life you could call up a fighter you are planning to have main event and say "you think you would be ready for this event?"

In WMMA as it stands now you have to create your event, then come to find out he's not available, or won't take a fight on that short notice, etc.

I don't get the reason that would be removed, if that was in fact a conscious decision.

Has anybody else created a new promotion in the editor and assigned contracts only to start a game and have it say that there are no fighters in your divisions (disallowing anyone to be booked)? but they show up in your roster and rankings. I have no idea what would cause this and Adam isn't answering

Has anybody else created a new promotion in the editor and assigned contracts only to start a game and have it say that there are no fighters in your divisions (disallowing anyone to be booked)? but they show up in your roster and rankings. I have no idea what would cause this and Adam isn't answering

Do the contracts all have weight classes assigned for each fighter? Seems like that could be the issue. Might be able to do that in game.

Couple of questions (not sure if they are errors or if I misread something):

1) I think in the dev journal it said it was possible to see an "amateur" record for every character so that fights in reality shows would appear. I have run an entire season (except the final because I am not sure if they fixed that already) and I cant see a record of those fights anywhere. Am I missing something?

2) Is there a way to run smaller scale shows/TV shows? It seems I need a PPV worthy main event for every TV show which does not make sense to me.

Archived