The Minor Questions Thread

I know you can turn off commentary warnings, but why the extra loading time in between each match?

It's the result of the game being more detailed - there's so much more going on before and after fights than there was in WMMA3 that even though the game's faster, the extra processing takes longer, hence a slight loading bump.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the result of the game being more detailed - there's so much more going on before and after fights than there was in WMMA3 that even though the game's faster, the extra processing takes longer, hence a slight loading bump.

I appreciate the extra content then. Thanks again for the responses :)

Everytime a fighter gets injured the fight is automatically scrapped instead of finding a replacement, I am pretty sure some fighters would fight no matter how short the notice is.

It's only automatically removed for the player, and you can re-add it with the training time already gone automatically taken into consideration.

For the AI, the fight only gets injured if there's no replacements available.

It's only automatically removed for the player, and you can re-add it with the training time already gone automatically taken into consideration.

For the AI, the fight only gets injured if there's no replacements available.

I'm not gonna lie, that feature is pretty damn cool!

Hey does the crowd burn out? Like if I do three show in three days will I see a drop off in buyrates / ratings?

If so how long of a "rest period" do you guys think is needed? IS a show once a week too much? Is twice a week too much?

that really depends on your roster depth, ability to cope with injuries etc much like a UFC. if the roster is big enough you can handle a show a week + a reality show concurrently

Hey does the crowd burn out? Like if I do three show in three days will I see a drop off in buyrates / ratings?

If so how long of a "rest period" do you guys think is needed? IS a show once a week too much? Is twice a week too much?

I think that "burn out" is not present in WMMA. in WMMA3 , you could book 2 PPV, 2 TV show in the same month and obtain the same PPV number etc

Hmm, I wonder why (using Patch 8) the game is constantly adding regens into the game world into seemingly random places. Almost every day I advance I'm getting new 0-0 guys entering the game with varying backgrounds.

Is this working as intended or is something weird happening here?

Hmm, I wonder why (using Patch 8) the game is constantly adding regens into the game world into seemingly random places. Almost every day I advance I'm getting new 0-0 guys entering the game with varying backgrounds.

isnt getting decent regens a good thing?

if you really need cams you can certainly make em on your own

If an area has a company in it, it automatically gets the minimum number of fighters for all the major weight classes. What you're seeing is the game filling out the game world for you.

Interesting. Still getting used to the thought, but at least we shouldn't be running out of fighters in this edition. I think to an extent it's the case with the real world too, 0-0 fighters are constantly entering the scene but you have to work to find who's worth getting and dealing with. I definitely don't mind this feature, just didn't expect it. Excited to see how it works in a longer term game.

Midnight release boys? :mad:

Interesting. Still getting used to the thought, but at least we shouldn't be running out of fighters in this edition. I think to an extent it's the case with the real world too, 0-0 fighters are constantly entering the scene but you have to work to find who's worth getting and dealing with. I definitely don't mind this feature, just didn't expect it. Excited to see how it works in a longer term game.

You can generally ignore them - with the local shows feature being what it is now, the cream of the crop should naturally rise to the top, so rather than wading through piles of 0-0 guys you can wait and see who makes it to 4-0, 5-0, etc, then start looking at them more closely.

How do the narratives work in this game? I haven't had the time recently to fully explore the demo. Ideally however I don't know if it could work this way but you add a narrative and have an option where it says could apply to anyone. So for example you add a narrative like frank mir's motorcycle accident. one save could have James Foster involved in a serious motorcycle accident and is kept out of action for 2 years? another save could have I dunno Nathan Chambers injured in a motorcycle accident and than go inactive for 2 years?

so I guess my question is could narratives be randomly selected to random fighters creating a different experience each game?

Now it would suck if your favourite fighter in the game was involved in something like this so the option to turn off or remove the specific narrative is a key to adding depth to the game but also keeping everyone happy that wouldn't like such a thing. If you could somehow edit injuries during a save could also solve the problem as well.

Archived