The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the differences between the pictures used in WMMA3 and those used in WMMA4?

I'm wondering whether it would be feasible and realistic to take some of the renders that were done for WMMA3 but either not used in WMMA or updated to better/aged etc ones and use them for a new subset of fighters?

And also - the Quick add whole show option in the editor - does that link the fight into the fighter's record as well, or only into the company details?

if i am WEFF with a starting budget of 100k why would i need regional level marketing to then go broke after one show? it makes no sense to me

You don't need it. Take the penalty and use local level marketing until you can afford regional level marketing.

I also got a new tv deal with Q-TV. I didn't try it but perhaps just having the new tv deal would compensate for the high cost of using regional marketing.

Anyways, I kept marketing local and on my first card, I was able to get only a small popularity increase (0.7%) but my total cash by end of month (after the signing bonuses for the 6 or so contracts that expired) was at 173k.

Once you build up a strong cash account, you can then selectively increase your marketing for your bigger cards and grow from there.

I may be just being stupid. But how do I actually run a tourney? I read what you guys said to the other dude but it still doesn't make any sense.. Are you saying I actually need to set up a tourney and then pick the same people in a show? And do they go on the main card and the prelems or do I put them all on the same one? I didn't notice any option to run a tourney itself so.. This is all very confusing and I don't really get why they are separate menus.

is there noway to kick a fighter out/cancel the contract? :confused:

also I asked this in live chat but noone seemed to know the answer:

If you take a fighter and keep feeding him cans will that result in his skills progressing ? or does the win/loss not play a role in skills

I may be just being stupid. But how do I actually run a tourney? I read what you guys said to the other dude but it still doesn't make any sense.. Are you saying I actually need to set up a tourney and then pick the same people in a show? And do they go on the main card and the prelems or do I put them all on the same one? I didn't notice any option to run a tourney itself so.. This is all very confusing and I don't really get why they are separate menus.

You're over-thinking it. The tournament screen is your "control room" for putting together and adjusting the brackets, giving byes, replacing fighters, etc. To run the tournament, you simply book two fighters who are scheduled to face each other - it will automatically be considered a tournament fight, and once it has been done the brackets will be updated. You can book the fights in any order you like, whenever you like.

They're separate menus because there's very little spare space on the match making screen so some things had to go elsewhere - most players are going to use the tournament feature rarely or not at all, so that's an obvious one to move elsewhere.

is there noway to kick a fighter out/cancel the contract? :confused:

On your roster screen click on the line of information underneath the fighter's picture (it'll say something like "Standard Fighter with 3 fights or 11 months remaining"). The Contract Details page will appear and you can cut a fighter then.

also I asked this in live chat but noone seemed to know the answer:

If you take a fighter and keep feeding him cans will that result in his skills progressing ? or does the win/loss not play a role in skills

Skills progress primarily from training and natural ability. Being in fights helps a fighter's experience, cage\ring comfort, and can reduce stats if he gets hurt, but 15 minutes in a cage is not going to affect his abilities, it's the months in the gym beforehand that will do that.

I started as XCC, a regional company that is only allowed to hire from america, canada, and mexico. However, I tried to hire foggy lee, craig hulme, chad zoff, and ethan sutton but it said I couldn't hire them unless they were based in one if the three aforementioned locations.

I sorted for "based in" Canada and they still appeared. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Game looks good, looking forward to the full version!

Archived