The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't find how to add a weight class. Whenever I go to the "Weight Classes" screen, I can see the buttons to change or delete a class but not to add one. Also tried going into the editor, but no luck.

Does anyone know how to do it?

add a thread in tech support and suggeestions forum. i cant believe i missed that myself

Changing Weight Classes and Creating Division

Re Creating Divisions: Just set the weight and name it what you want, when you save it, if it doesnt overlap a current division, it will create a new one.

Question on changing weight classes. I signed some bantamweights to fight in my FW division, but when they signed, some went to Welterweight or Lightweight. I tried changing them to FW, and it was not an option, WW was the only option for a preferred BW fighter.

I then created a BW division, and they were not able to switch to bantamweight either, any thoughts?

It's a minor question, but it's actually pretty important to me.

Does the HoF work properly this time around?

I've played WMMA3 a lot, and had a long-term save in which some of my regens held the most important title in all of MMA for 5 years straight, finished with a record of 60-3, won 5 fighters of the year, rookie of the year etc., yet they still didn't make it into the Hof after they retired. Actually, no fighter outside those who were in the initial database made it into the HoF. I really hope this has been fixed for WMMA4, as this is basically my biggest motivation for playing long-term games.

What's the difference between an upcoming event that is marked red and one that is just black?

Edit: And another one. When creating a show, why are there two different places to make your show a tv show? I went to alter the "broadcast by" section, but on the tv show drop-down "none" is still the only option? The question mark box doesn't clear it up for me at all.

It certainly makes no sense. You should report in the tech support forum so that Adam can fix it.

Made a thread.

Also, has anyone noticed that reality shows are a bit overpowered in terms of popularity gains? Ran a season as GAMMA and everyone gained a ton of popularity, especially the guys who ended up losing in the quarterfinals (Frank Romita went from 50% regional to 20% national with a KO win and a decision loss). Philip Ziskie has gotten to 50% national from 90-ish% regional just by being entertaining (he won a mediocre fight by decision).

Just me, or is that a thing?

Yes it matters since it impact career earnings tracker. How it changes a fighter's mindset? Who knows. The description is quite hand wavy.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2017021#post2017021

Could be wrong, but I don't think it changes the mindset. The FotN bonuses are for the records/awards only. It would be nice if it'd motivate the fighters more, but I don't think it's a factor in real life as few fighters will base their gameplan and actions on a 'potential' few grand.

where did the browse for fighter to exclusively hire go? or is that not needed anymore? can only certain companies hire guys to exclusive deals? even so if alpha signs a guy to exclusive deal is there no way to sort through their roster to shortlist guys who are coming up to become free agents in their next fight?

I imagine this is probably a yes, but when you use the reality TV show to generate 'unknowns', when the free pictures have been added to the game will these be assigned to the unknown fighters (as opposed to the pictureless ones we have right now due to free pictures not being in the beta)?

I imagine this is probably a yes, but when you use the reality TV show to generate 'unknowns', when the free pictures have been added to the game will these be assigned to the unknown fighters (as opposed to the pictureless ones we have right now due to free pictures not being in the beta)?

Yup. Free Pictures can work for any fighter who gets generated.

Am I just stupid (entirely possible) or is there no way to see what weight classes (other than his current one) a fighter might be capable to fight in?

Click on his weight class on your roster screen and it'll tell you where else he could be assigned.

Archived