Help Understanding Popularity and Momentum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fully agree. Was it in TEW2010 where you could get all the menacing guys super-over way too easily? Anyway, it's better now and quite realistic in fact.

You can't give 100 to a guy whose last match was a loss in the main event of the biggest wrestling event of the year. Book that match in TEW and you'll see a drop in pop. Again, I rated them based on game mechanics, not in a vacuum. Also the difference between a 94 and a 100 is minimalistic at best.

EDIT: Not that I would've rated him 100 during any part of his "return" run. Maybe it was just me expecting too much but it was definitely anti-climactic for me. It was visible in his ring and mic work that he had ring rust. Even the Mania where he was hosting was a bit lame, can still remember the overly long opening segment where I bet I wasn't the only one thinking "get it over with already".

Once people hit A* it takes more than one loss to get them below it. Plus a lot of angles he is in you could say he gains success from. Eg the one with Rhonda, HHH and Steph. Therefore I can't see the last time he was below A* plus everytime he films a movie in TeW terms he shoots up to 100.

Once people hit A* it takes more than one loss to get them below it. Plus a lot of angles he is in you could say he gains success from. Eg the one with Rhonda, HHH and Steph. Therefore I can't see the last time he was below A* plus everytime he films a movie in TeW terms he shoots up to 100.

Just don't see how he'd ever have a sustainable 100 or even A* if I think it by the game mechanics: he was inactive for ages before his return (inactivity results into popularity loss very quickly, even with movies), the angles during his (in-ring) return weren't on-par, as weren't the matches, he last lost in a legendary season finale of the biggest wrestling company in the world and essentially (arguably) lost the storyline. I have no idea how the angles after the Cena feud have gone, but according to Wikipedia they seem pretty random.

I'd personally only set A* for active wrestlers. Never for a personality, semi-active wrestler or non-worker. But you guys obviously view it differently, so I'll just agree to disagree here :p

Does inactivity decrease popularity, though? I'm not sure it does. In TEW, I mean.

Yeah. Even when someone gets the movie boost of 100, it has decreased (can't remember how much, somewhere to the B range) when you eventually get to use them after the 6 month period.

Yeah. Even when someone gets the movie boost of 100, it has decreased (can't remember how much, somewhere to the B range) when you eventually get to use them after the 6 month period.

I've never seen that happen. I've only seen it happen if they are under contract and on vacation.

I think you're on about Momentum. Inactivity spent have any effect on pooularity.

You could have an A* pop worker who doesn't sign with anyone for 5 years and it will stay the same.

Momentum however will go down (if they are signed with a company)

The strangest thing with momentum is if you keep someone of screen it will go down eventually to F-

But if you release someone and sign them back they won't have any momentum and can go straight into their first match or angle and become A in momentum.

I do know that about momentum. I play with momentum off though so it definitely wasn't that. I don't have any scientific analysis to throw down though (about inactivity and pop) and can't access the game for like another week so can't investigate either. Damn it :p

I do know that about momentum. I play with momentum off though so it definitely wasn't that. I don't have any scientific analysis to throw down though (about inactivity and pop) and can't access the game for like another week so can't investigate either. Damn it :p

No investigation needed, Peter is right. That's how it is in the game.

Yeah I gotta agree there. Momentum could use some tweaking in the game. It doesn't reflect reality at all. If a main eventer was gone for months with an injury, fans would go bonkers upon their return.

I hate to keep going back to Daniel Bryan but... case and point.

Should probably make a suggestion then :p Also need to make a suggestion about the absence makes the heart grow fonder effect, if I come up with decent explanations.

The many undertaker returns, stone cold returning from his surgery, the rock anytime

Should probably make a suggestion then :p Also need to make a suggestion about the absence makes the heart grow fonder effect, if I come up with decent explanations.

Momentum should just reset after a certain period of time*. Then the return angle or match will set the momentum, and that will be largely based on popularity, which is accurate. Everyone loses their mind when the Rock shows up after a year away, but nobody is going to care about Jobber Joe returning.

*With no screen time or while on vacation.

Archived