[RELEASE] CV14 Reworked

Sendspace Download Link - https://www.sendspace.com/file/zkmpl3 (about 2.7Mb)

Installation is easy. The download is the full folder for a dataset simply go to wherever you have TEW13 installed and copy this folder into the Databases folder. You should be good to go. :D

As I'm sure we all know, I love the Cornellverse and there is no doubt that I know it a lot better than I know the real world. But there has always been a few things about it that I've not been a fan of, most notably how popularity is levelled across entire game areas even when a worker is only working in one small regional company. Since there is no way to get that through natural gameplay, I've been working on a mod for a while where popularity has been set in a way that reflects the way the game plays naturally. For example, Mikey James starts with high popularity across the US but with this dataset he now has peaks in South West and Mid South (thanks to his work with CZCW) and New England (thanks to his time in development with RIPW). Overspill does the rest. This also has the effect of making his asking price lower too, something that I'm sure lower level companies will enjoy, even though he'll have very low popularity in some regions.

By comparison, someone like Paul Steadyfast who has national exposure from his time with TCW retains his popularity everywhere, so his pricetag is about the same as before but due to changes to everyone else he is now far more valuable (compared to Mikey James) in a lot of regions due to this popularity.

The other change is that a lot of youngsters (partly due to popularity levels being scaled to the changes for WreSpi3's system) had high levels of popularity set compared to their length of time in the wrestling world (some people had 38 pop across the US for 6 months of active wrestling, basically rising faster than Goldberg as his peak). So a lot of people have been dropped in popularity and that rebalances the game world again.

Ultimately... the entire world has been rebalanced so that everyone has the levels of popularity they could get through the game and scaled to fit the levels of company that they have worked for. Scouting levels, Respect and Reputation have also been worked on too so everyone should be in line with each other. So hopefully you enjoy the mod, it's been fun to make and I'm looking forward to playing it a lot myself... hopefully you are too. :)

EDIT: Since someone asked... this mod is free to be used by anyone however they want. :)

Sendspace Download Link - https://www.sendspace.com/file/zkmpl3 (about 2.7Mb)

<p>Very cool! Looking forward to trying this out. This was actually one of the things that I thought would be changed in the next installment of TEW so it's really cool to see it already. It should make playing as smaller copanies more interesting which is what I usually do. And of course as a big company hiring an indie darling there will be another level of strategy right off the bat, as far as where you debut him.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for the hard work, Derek. This makes the C-Verse feel even more alive.</p>

Probably the only real flaw I generally have with the CV is how even the most over indy workers stick to one promotion at a time, which usually leads to me as there is no way to make it seem like certain workers are in demand more or in general a lack of movement on the lower level. This mod really helps that since people aren't as over in their home area as they are everywhere

Just playing around with the mod myself just now, running a small sim and looking around a possible hires for a company in any region I could run. It's good to see different regional stars all over the place, and I'm looking forward to seeing new companies open to see what regions they go to and who they make stars out of. Will they go for talent established in the big leagues, despite the cost? Will they hire talent from other local companies and work together with them? Will a new war break out, forcing companies in an area to build new stars? It should be fun to have a look at things unfold. :)

And one day I'm going to try to find time to actually properly play more TEW! It's been so long since I've played properly, I started this mod about 4 or 5 months ago and it's only a little one compared to CV97.

And one last thing before I forget again... the other thing I edited a lot was physical condition for workers. I always feel that Adam goes far too easy on the physical decline of workers compare to natural gameplay, so a lot of people have taken a heavy knock on those. It may not be obvious at first, but a lot of careers should be significantly shorter, prompting a greater turnaround of talent within the first few years, particularly in companies with an ageing roster (like USPW, PGHW and NOTBPW). That said, I may have also slightly bumped up the popularity for some workers in those companies too... hopefully USPW are a little more competitive in the January National Battle, or at least are good enough to rebuild over the next six moinths. I always have felt that they are in an almost untenable position in the default data, barely National and without the performers to keep them there. It's still tough, but they should be able to do it now.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how well the major companies can make new stars now. Without being able to raid ready made stars from the indy scene, they've got more work to do... but at least the top indy guys are still more popular then the lowest guys in the big companies, meaning they do have a chance to rise fast. Especially if they debut in a good region. Mikey James debuting in California will be a huge deal compared to his debut in Canada. :p

Cracking idea DB, hope to give this a go this week. Been out of TEW action for a bout 3 months for various reasons so this is a nice welcome back.

Will be eager to see if this prevents my own issue that I always seem to have in terms of signing the same 7-8 guys in practically every game, we all know the ones I am sure! Hoping that I am able to see the value in other workers a bit easier now thanks to scouting and pop.

Thanks for the work put into it mate.

Loving this, Derek! Playing a semi-RTG game with Heart of Texas Rodeo Wrestling, which I imported (from your 97 mod, I think?) and with Roman Heindenseik as user character. To stop myself signing the guys I normally sign every RTG game, I've added a rule that at local I can only sign people with some pop in Mid-South, and at small only people with at least F pop in Mid South. Has given me some interesting characters I haven't used before - Cip Conduit, who's teaming with Quentin Queen, and Mercy Michaels, who's paired up with Rayne Man. Robbie Retro, cut from SWF, is my champion, with Kirk Jameson and KC Glenn the other main heels, and top faces being Greg Gauge, Donnie J and Masked Cougar. Also got an awesome women's division - J-Ro and Brendons as lead heels, Charity Sweet, Danielle Sweetheart, Simony Sentinel and Maria Guest faces.

Indeed. :) A lot of workers with family ties to an area got various levels of changes. Sam Keith's boys got a boost for where I figured they would start and then boosted for their actual work. A few others got similar boost, essentially getting overspill based on their parents/uncles/cousins.

Mod has been out for more than a week now, hopefully everyone is having fun with it. Anyone got any feedback? I'm looking for anything based on the things that have been changed... there's no way I got it perfect first time, so all feedback is appreciated. :D

Loving the mod now that I've got some extended time to play a game. Started a company in the Mid-South as Dread using pretty much nothing but regional/unknown guys with a few "Indy Stars" (both Keith brothers) and Ford Gumble who was on TV extensively

I would imagine it also makes playing MAW a ton of fun due to their various tourneys

• 2 weeks later...

Just got TV in my RTG game with this mod - up to Cult and managed to get a show on Los Desporte Hoy after spillover/a few months of running shows in the South West as well as my Mid-South base. Definitely the most fun I've had on TEW2013; the changed popularities make a huge difference and seem to make it significantly more strategic - for a start, cast-offs from the big companies are much more likely to be unhappy about jobbing to people like Fox Mask and J-Ro who are only stars in one or two regions.

Superb work Derek, thanks again!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had been craving playing the CV again, figuring out the game based on proper data made by the creator. However these updates and edits have always intrigued me! Just downloaded this and am about to fire up my first game.

Thank you very much for all the hard work Derek!

I've run a pretty extensive watcher game with the data, and I really think, (slight chance I could be wrong, as always), that the 'indy' promotions really THRIVE with these popularity settings. More than a few regional promotions, as of 2024, have like a popularity of 74 in their home territory, and seem to be doing huge business.

In that same save, both Sam Strong and Haruki Kudo passed away EARLY, NOTBPW have gone out out business, Dan Stone JR has passed away, (SR is old as all get out but still kicking, though he's long since left the business), and TCW is THE dominant force in American wrestling, with such huge stars as KC Glenn and Steven Parker, two of my all time faves. Some cynics could say they're stagnating, (they've become stuck at 88 popularity across America, Canada, and Mexico, never moving upward or downward, yet for some reason never expanding into other regions), but they're still drawing huge crowds and churning out great shows.

Perhaps most importantly of all, Sammy Bach got to hold the TCW World Heavyweight Championship for a while, though for whatever reason, he was listed as an Upper Midcarder while he did it, (had 84 pop). He's now working as a commentator for USPW... as Deadpool, no less. USPW are locked in a desperate battle with the SWF, (led by the pretty old and probably out of touch Richard Eisen), for a fairly distant second place.

The ever controversial Jay Chord is a two time (I believe) SWF Champion, so there is that.

It's a pretty cool little world that's developed, I like to think.

:)

I had been craving playing the CV again, figuring out the game based on proper data made by the creator. However these updates and edits have always intrigued me! Just downloaded this and am about to fire up my first game.

Thank you very much for all the hard work Derek!

You are welcome. My only regret is that I've not yet had time to play it much myself. :p

I've run a pretty extensive watcher game with the data, and I really think, (slight chance I could be wrong, as always), that the 'indy' promotions really THRIVE with these popularity settings. More than a few regional promotions, as of 2024, have like a popularity of 74 in their home territory, and seem to be doing huge business.

In that same save, both Sam Strong and Haruki Kudo passed away EARLY, NOTBPW have gone out out business, Dan Stone JR has passed away, (SR is old as all get out but still kicking, though he's long since left the business), and TCW is THE dominant force in American wrestling, with such huge stars as KC Glenn and Steven Parker, two of my all time faves. Some cynics could say they're stagnating, (they've become stuck at 88 popularity across America, Canada, and Mexico, never moving upward or downward, yet for some reason never expanding into other regions), but they're still drawing huge crowds and churning out great shows.

Perhaps most importantly of all, Sammy Bach got to hold the TCW World Heavyweight Championship for a while, though for whatever reason, he was listed as an Upper Midcarder while he did it, (had 84 pop). He's now working as a commentator for USPW... as Deadpool, no less. USPW are locked in a desperate battle with the SWF, (led by the pretty old and probably out of touch Richard Eisen), for a fairly distant second place.

The ever controversial Jay Chord is a two time (I believe) SWF Champion, so there is that.

It's a pretty cool little world that's developed, I like to think.

That does indeed sound like a fun save, any chance of an upload? I'd love to have a look around and see how things have gone in places like the UK and Australia too. :)

That does indeed sound like a fun save, any chance of an upload? I'd love to have a look around and see how things have gone in places like the UK and Australia too. :)

No sooner said than did....

Hope this works all right, first time I've put something up for download in...

I don't know when.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/z3v0qz

***EDIT***

Just had a look through the data myself, and saw that TCW is actually a little below 88 pop in Mexico here... oops. They did reach 88 there as well though, I must have been thinking about 2026 or something, (I did continue simming, FTR). Even though it starts the first day of January 2025, it's called 'The Watch 2024' because it features a freshly completed 2024. Figured it'd be a good idea to create my own little... almanac, for want of a better word, to help with my own attempted modding. Everything else I said should still be accurate though.

BTW, feel free to have a look at Sammy Bach's Top 10 matches. Number 1's always made me just a little bit proud.

No sooner said than did....

Hope this works all right, first time I've put something up for download in...

I don't know when.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/z3v0qz

***EDIT***

Just had a look through the data myself, and saw that TCW is actually a little below 88 pop in Mexico here... oops. They did reach 88 there as well though, I must have been thinking about 2026 or something, (I did continue simming, FTR). Even though it starts the first day of January 2025, it's called 'The Watch 2024' because it features a freshly completed 2024. Figured it'd be a good idea to create my own little... almanac, for want of a better word, to help with my own attempted modding. Everything else I said should still be accurate though.

BTW, feel free to have a look at Sammy Bach's Top 10 matches. Number 1's always made me just a little bit proud.

Thanks for the upload dvdWarrior! Really enjoying having a look around.

I'm 2 years into a watcher and boy is the face of the industry has been rocked! Eric Tyler has become the head booker of SWF after 2 runs with the DAVE Extreme Title. Nemisis had severed his spine so his DAVE run left alot to be desired. DAVE is still the clear number 3 in the US but losing Monty Williams to TCW and Eric to SWF has given them no chance to move up to cult.

SWF lost their American TV Deal and never did replace it. They still have Supreme TV airing in UK but have the PPV Deal in the US. They have fell to Cult through an importance drop in the North West(it really was no fault of their own) so they are now stuck in a limbo and can't go anywhere. Richard Eisen decided to hire a Booker and Eric Tyler was the one who answered the call.

HGC keeps throwing the belt on Bryan Vessey trying to give him the push of the century.

Edit...meant to post this in the 97 thread

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, here's the latest update from the sim.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/up3gii

I think I'm done with this, for the time being. 2032 was always my goal, (because SeaQuest), and April somehow just felt... right.

A few things have changed since that last post. For one thing, Joel Bryant ran out of ideas, finally, and TCW kind of fell from grace. They've rebounded of late, with Adrian Garcia as head booker, but as far as the Number One spot goes... there's a new (and possibly surprising) promotion sitting at the very top of of the industry.

Also, Richard Eisen finally called it quits, and the senior Dan Stone has sadly passed away.

It's a brave new world, in April of 2032.

Archived