Best way to simulate real life puroresu schedule?

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has figured out the best way to do this. I always struggle running a schedule as a company like New Japan.

The typical month is a string of smaller house shows, with 1 or 2 being slightly more important (maybe a title match) which all leads up to a big end of the month PPV with all the titles and singles matches.

What's the best way to simulate this? Check out http://www.purolove.com for a detailed look on how the schedules look. Is touring the best option? Or a weekly tv show? Any ideas are welcome!! Thank you

The game has touring schedules, which do a fairly solid job of replicating the way puro companies actually work. A touring company with a TV show will be a highlights show, like they actually have.

If a company is set to a touring schedule, you just need to set non-PPV events starting in touring months. Set up two or three touring shows per week. so with New Japan, you could set up events with names like Fire Pro Tour (Monday), Fire Pro Tour (Wednesday), and Fire Pro Tour (Saturday) on the applicable days of the week. The major monthly event would be set to PPV (assuming a PPV deal). If you want to even simulate the varying importance of the tour shows, you can have them at different levels.

If New Japan isn't set to use a touring schedule in the mod you are using, that should be adjusted but I don't know if you can do it in-game or only in the database when starting a new game.

In the database, you can select what months out of the year you will tour. You cannot have more than 5 in a row, so you could do 5 months on, one month break, and then repeat for the second half of the year. Or two on, one off, etc.

You can't set the tour events in the database, just the big monthly shows (PPVs). The actual tours shows will have to be set up once the game starts.

As a touring promotion, you can offer touring contracts, which would be a contract for the duration of the next tour (however long that is). So its a good way to bring in lower card guys who will job, gaijin who you don't want on long-term deals, and "try out" workers.

Hmm...can you schedule small shows in the off months? I'd be fine running small PPVs that I could basically consider their Korakuen Hall shows in those 2 off months.

Thanks for the help. I really just want to sort this all out before I start playing.

Awesome. Thanks, this has been very helpful. I am going to work on adjusting the schedule tonight and will apply the same formula to AJPW, NOAH, and any other promotions that run with the touring schedule. It definitely seems like the best way to format the booking.

Touring contracts can be annoying sometimes. Like when the tour ends and you find out that your IWGP Jr Tag Team Champions have left... it's a damn good job that that didn't vacate the titles.

As far as I am aware, you can have PPVs or non-PPV events in non-touring months. They just wouldn't would be considered tour shows, and any touring contracts you had/have wouldn't count for that (not entirely certain).

I'm afraid you can't. When you're off-tour, the shows that are scheduled for that month are just considered null and void. The game ignores them basically.

If you're running New Japan, April is a good month to take off. All that happens during April anyway is Invasion Attack and the start of your Wrestling Dontaku tour. I'm stuck between October and November for my other month off but I'll probably give my guys November off and then just run Power Struggle in late October. I tend to only run six tour shows before the PPV and give my guys a week or two off before I start the next tour. Having to time it all around the months off is a pain in the backside but it's easily manageable.

Touring contracts can be annoying sometimes. Like when the tour ends and you find out that your IWGP Jr Tag Team Champions have left... it's a damn good job that that didn't vacate the titles.

I'm afraid you can't. When you're off-tour, the shows that are scheduled for that month are just considered null and void. The game ignores them basically.

If you're running New Japan, April is a good month to take off. All that happens during April anyway is Invasion Attack and the start of your Wrestling Dontaku tour. I'm stuck between October and November for my other month off but I'll probably give my guys November off and then just run Power Struggle in late October. I tend to only run six tour shows before the PPV and give my guys a week or two off before I start the next tour. Having to time it all around the months off is a pain in the backside but it's easily manageable.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. But you can't be on tour for more than 5 straight months, so it has to be October.

The touring system if you use as it's set up isn't a very good representation of Puroresu. It can save you time though if you just use the weekly event setup.

Here's how I do it, someone may have a better system.

A real life Puro company never takes a month off. They may take a few weeks off, but never a month. What you do, is at the start of every month (Monday Day One), you can adjust the touring schedule. That way you can always adjust the months so you constantly are on tour. You CANNOT do this if you have touring contracts as it'll bar you from doing it.

Schedule series of shows for a given month; generally Puro companies have annual events such as Wrestle Kingdom in January or King of Pro Wrestling in October, not to mention the tournaments. So set up say:

Road to King of Pro Wrestling Night 1

Road to King of Pro Wrestling Night 2

etc, etc, until you get to the show. Set them up annually and then adjust the amount of shows/dates as you need over the years.

So my BCG game is set up like such

Five "Heat up" events

Big January Show

Four/Five "Heat Up" events

Big February Show

Three/four "Heat up" events

March big show

Annual Grand Prix in April

One or two "big heat up shows" in May

June big show

Culminating with the year end event in December.

If you don't want to use the touring "exploit" then set up the months off after big events like a Grand Prix or something intensive so your workers can rest.

Never use touring contracts. They have no benefit and lock you into touring schedules. They don't prevent the talent from being stolen and they'll automatically leave at the end of the tour. The only practical benefit is to "test" a worker out (say see how bad their attitude is) and to generate momentum since a debuting wrestler (which a newly signed touring contracted guy is) generates momentum. You can use that to cycle momentum around your roster.

Edit: I should also note another reason for scheduling individual shows instead of weekly is flexibility. My Grand Prix's for example can have up to ELEVEN days in total. My last one (which BISON Yano won in 2019) was a Round Robin with Four blocks of Six wrestlers each. If you do the weekly show format, then you're kind of at the whim of the weekly shows unless you go in and manually edit them on when they run or the event setup so you can fit additional shows as needed.

The touring system if you use as it's set up isn't a very good representation of Puroresu. It can save you time though if you just use the weekly event setup.

Here's how I do it, someone may have a better system.

A real life Puro company never takes a month off. They may take a few weeks off, but never a month. What you do, is at the start of every month (Monday Day One), you can adjust the touring schedule. That way you can always adjust the months so you constantly are on tour. You CANNOT do this if you have touring contracts as it'll bar you from doing it.

Schedule series of shows for a given month; generally Puro companies have annual events such as Wrestle Kingdom in January or King of Pro Wrestling in October, not to mention the tournaments. So set up say:

Road to King of Pro Wrestling Night 1

Road to King of Pro Wrestling Night 2

etc, etc, until you get to the show. Set them up annually and then adjust the amount of shows/dates as you need over the years.

So my BCG game is set up like such

Five "Heat up" events

Big January Show

Four/Five "Heat Up" events

Big February Show

Three/four "Heat up" events

March big show

Annual Grand Prix in April

One or two "big heat up shows" in May

June big show

Culminating with the year end event in December.

If you don't want to use the touring "exploit" then set up the months off after big events like a Grand Prix or something intensive so your workers can rest.

Never use touring contracts. They have no benefit and lock you into touring schedules. They don't prevent the talent from being stolen and they'll automatically leave at the end of the tour. The only practical benefit is to "test" a worker out (say see how bad their attitude is) and to generate momentum since a debuting wrestler (which a newly signed touring contracted guy is) generates momentum. You can use that to cycle momentum around your roster.

Edit: I should also note another reason for scheduling individual shows instead of weekly is flexibility. My Grand Prix's for example can have up to ELEVEN days in total. My last one (which BISON Yano won in 2019) was a Round Robin with Four blocks of Six wrestlers each. If you do the weekly show format, then you're kind of at the whim of the weekly shows unless you go in and manually edit them on when they run or the event setup so you can fit additional shows as needed.

Ok I love this idea. Some questions:

I get the exploit of changing the schedule every month. But how do you set up the "Road to" shows? You have them set annually, and I imagine they aren't PPVs??

Could you possibly take a screen shot of your schedule screen, just so I can see what it looks like?

http://i.imgur.com/JPrB8Jb.jpg

Here you go. If you aren't playing realistically (though it sounds like you want to) you'd set every show to the highest size you can. But I have several shows set to lower to simulate how it is in real life. Not every show gets aired in Japan, so they'd be shown in clip form on my TV. Big shows are shown on PPV live.

You can also see what I do with the GP, it's massive, with the size of the show fluxuating based on the size of the main event. Say if a show is main evented by a midcarder & a main eventer that might go on a lower size show. But a show with say...Funakoshi vs Bunrakuken Torii (two huge BCG stars) they'd be on either a Big or PPV level show in the tournament.

I also adhere to traditional Puro booking formulas. Very few singles matches, lots of six+ man tags. Big shows generally lead into the next big show with challengers being determined or stories being furthered. Like, here's my last big shows:

BCG Yoshifusa Maeda Honorary Grand Prix Final 2019

April 28th, 2019

24,546 Paid

B+ Overall

1. Kadonomaro Kamisaka, Kiyotaka, Gidayu Katou & Masked Stranger defeated Shooter Sean Deelay, Kyuichi Matsumoto, Shimpei Hirose & James Diaz at 12'31 when Katou pinned Hirose with a Lariat (B)

2. Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix 2019 Semi Finals: BISON Yano (B) defeated Commander Kawagishi (A) at 18'04 with a Folding Powerbomb (C+)

3. Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix 2019 Semi Finals: Bunrakuken Torii © defeated Yoshinaka Taku (D) at 16'42 with the ALSATIA (B+)

4. Devil Matsushita, Nobuharu Yokokawa & Kazunori Yamura defeated Hitomaro Suzuki, Goemon Komiya & Fujio Narahashi at 16'15 when Yamura pinned Suzuki with a Uraken (B-)

5. Funakoshi & Tanyu Toshusai defeated Tsurayuki Kamachi & Motoyuki Miyake at 17'55 when Funakoshi pinned Kamachi with a Powerbomb (B)

* Funakoshi challenged Kamachi for the Pacific Openweight Championship post match

6. BCG Black Glory Crown: Razan Okamoto © defeated Frankie Perez at 27'50 with a Firebird Splash in his second defence (B)

7. Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix 2019 Finals: BISON Yano defeated Bunrakuken Torii at 26'36 with a Flying Body Press to win the 2019 GP (B+)

* Yano & Okamoto have a confrontation but don't come to blows

BCG The Road to Glory Night 1

June 5th, 2019

10,000 Paid

B Overall

1. Nobuharu Yokokawa & Kazunori Yamura defeated The American Eagle & Austin Smooth at 11'44 when Yamura pinned Eagle with the Spike Piledriver (B-)

2. Frankie Perez, Shooter Sean Deelay, Masked Stranger & Darin Flynn defeated Kadonomaro Kamisaka, Kiyotaka, Blast Ikoma & Danjuro Kikuchi at 15'13 when Stranger submitted Kikuchi with a Cobra Clutch (B-)

3. Hitomaro Suzuki, Goemon Komiya, Fujio Narahashi & Gonkuro Kamioka defeated Bunrakuken Torii, Yoshinaka Taku, Devil Matsushita & Atsushi Tawaraya at 14'57 when Kamioka pinned Tawaraya with the Kamioka Crush (C+)

4. Top Contenders Match: Commander Kawagishi & Shimpei Hirose defeated American Patriot & American Elemental II at 20'32 when Hirose submitted Elemental with the Mountain Sleeper (B)

* Massive Thunder challenge Bunrakuken Torii & Yoshinaka Taku to a tag title match in two days

5. BISON Yano, Logan Wolfsbaine & Kyuichi Matsumoto defeated Razan Okamoto, Motoyuki Miyake & Gidayu Katou at 18'52 when Yano pinned Katou with a Soul Powerbomb (B)

* BISON, Wolfsbaine & Matsumoto announce the formation of a new stable!

6. Pacific Openweight Championship: Tsurayuki Kamachi © defeated Funakoshi at 26'38 with the Persian Deathlock in his fourth defence (B+)

* Kamachi is attacked during the title presentation by Shooter Sean Deelay who poses with Kamachi's championship.

I write down every show despite not doing a diary, I've considered turning it into one a few times now.

http://i.imgur.com/JPrB8Jb.jpg

Here you go. If you aren't playing realistically (though it sounds like you want to) you'd set every show to the highest size you can. But I have several shows set to lower to simulate how it is in real life. Not every show gets aired in Japan, so they'd be shown in clip form on my TV. Big shows are shown on PPV live.

You can also see what I do with the GP, it's massive, with the size of the show fluxuating based on the size of the main event. Say if a show is main evented by a midcarder & a main eventer that might go on a lower size show. But a show with say...Funakoshi vs Bunrakuken Torii (two huge BCG stars) they'd be on either a Big or PPV level show in the tournament.

I also adhere to traditional Puro booking formulas. Very few singles matches, lots of six+ man tags. Big shows generally lead into the next big show with challengers being determined or stories being furthered. Like, here's my last big shows:

BCG Yoshifusa Maeda Honorary Grand Prix Final 2019

April 28th, 2019

24,546 Paid

B+ Overall

1. Kadonomaro Kamisaka, Kiyotaka, Gidayu Katou & Masked Stranger defeated Shooter Sean Deelay, Kyuichi Matsumoto, Shimpei Hirose & James Diaz at 12'31 when Katou pinned Hirose with a Lariat (B)

2. Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix 2019 Semi Finals: BISON Yano (B) defeated Commander Kawagishi (A) at 18'04 with a Folding Powerbomb (C+)

3. Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix 2019 Semi Finals: Bunrakuken Torii © defeated Yoshinaka Taku (D) at 16'42 with the ALSATIA (B+)

4. Devil Matsushita, Nobuharu Yokokawa & Kazunori Yamura defeated Hitomaro Suzuki, Goemon Komiya & Fujio Narahashi at 16'15 when Yamura pinned Suzuki with a Uraken (B-)

5. Funakoshi & Tanyu Toshusai defeated Tsurayuki Kamachi & Motoyuki Miyake at 17'55 when Funakoshi pinned Kamachi with a Powerbomb (B)

* Funakoshi challenged Kamachi for the Pacific Openweight Championship post match

6. BCG Black Glory Crown: Razan Okamoto © defeated Frankie Perez at 27'50 with a Firebird Splash in his second defence (B)

7. Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix 2019 Finals: BISON Yano defeated Bunrakuken Torii at 26'36 with a Flying Body Press to win the 2019 GP (B+)

* Yano & Okamoto have a confrontation but don't come to blows

BCG The Road to Glory Night 1

June 5th, 2019

10,000 Paid

B Overall

1. Nobuharu Yokokawa & Kazunori Yamura defeated The American Eagle & Austin Smooth at 11'44 when Yamura pinned Eagle with the Spike Piledriver (B-)

2. Frankie Perez, Shooter Sean Deelay, Masked Stranger & Darin Flynn defeated Kadonomaro Kamisaka, Kiyotaka, Blast Ikoma & Danjuro Kikuchi at 15'13 when Stranger submitted Kikuchi with a Cobra Clutch (B-)

3. Hitomaro Suzuki, Goemon Komiya, Fujio Narahashi & Gonkuro Kamioka defeated Bunrakuken Torii, Yoshinaka Taku, Devil Matsushita & Atsushi Tawaraya at 14'57 when Kamioka pinned Tawaraya with the Kamioka Crush (C+)

4. Top Contenders Match: Commander Kawagishi & Shimpei Hirose defeated American Patriot & American Elemental II at 20'32 when Hirose submitted Elemental with the Mountain Sleeper (B)

* Massive Thunder challenge Bunrakuken Torii & Yoshinaka Taku to a tag title match in two days

5. BISON Yano, Logan Wolfsbaine & Kyuichi Matsumoto defeated Razan Okamoto, Motoyuki Miyake & Gidayu Katou at 18'52 when Yano pinned Katou with a Soul Powerbomb (B)

* BISON, Wolfsbaine & Matsumoto announce the formation of a new stable!

6. Pacific Openweight Championship: Tsurayuki Kamachi © defeated Funakoshi at 26'38 with the Persian Deathlock in his fourth defence (B+)

* Kamachi is attacked during the title presentation by Shooter Sean Deelay who poses with Kamachi's championship.

I write down every show despite not doing a diary, I've considered turning it into one a few times now.

Thanks for the details. This is exactly what I am going to do. I think it is the best way to go about the NJPW schedule. I am really excited to get it going, and am going to start with Wrestle Kingdom 10. Thanks again, and definitely check out the diary once I start it up. You should do one as well, I'd like to see some Cornell-verse puroresu!!

A few more thoughts on this:

Touring contracts can be quite useful because they guarantee that a worker is not stolen from you *while actually on tour for your company*. Once the touring contract ends, they can be signed by other companies but you will never have this worker stolen just before your big event. That's a huge advantage in my opinion over PPA or Exclusive PPA deals.

Also, touring workers will sign a new contract with you immediately after leaving and you won't have to wait for 6 months to bring them back in.

As for the schedule, I tend to do the constant shifting of touring months when playing a National company. I will set my tour for 3 months and when that one is over just change the schedule so that the next 3 months tour begins immediately. I will then not run shows during the first two weeks of the new tour in order to re-arrange my roster, i.e. hire a new batch of touring workers.

In order not to exhaust the market (many "Annual" events in a short timeframe in the same area give you massive penalties on attendance) I do stick to "weekly" events for regular tour shows. I just create on weekly show that a shift from one weekday to the next right after holding that show. If you don't have a weekly event and run a "highlight" TV show, there's no footage to show hightlights from on TV.

After all, simulating actual Puroresu tours takes a bit of imagination in TEW13 but as this thread shows, there's a multitude of ways to work around it.

I've been wanting to set up long term NJPW in 2010 game but have yet to rap my head aroun the touring thing, I've watched a few ppv's the past year but by no means understand the full NJPW scheule.

If I recall the mod doesn't have many events set at the start which oesn't help me work out things.

Not sure when to have the rest months or even if i want them.

I wont be doing 3 shows a week. So far my plan would be to have for example

Jan: week 1: Road to Domination (big event)

Week 2:Road to Domination (big event)

Week 3: Road to Domination (Big event)

Week 4: NJPW Domination (PPV)

In my head there would be small/medium event house shows in between but for me id just lay out the big events and PPV's

Given that kind of event schedule the TV show would show highlights of week 1-3 right?

Also could someone tell me what the NJPW ppvs/ tournament are? and what the different tournaments are for?

I also have an issue of signing too many Gajins from the indies, to fill out the tag division and add some depth.

What rules do you give yourselves for the signing of Gajins?

From what i've seen of NJPW recently most of the proper tag teams of Gajin teams.

Vice

Bullet club (gallows and anderson)

ReDragon

DH Smith/ Archer

Shelly from Time splitters

are all gajin teams and featured a lot of the time.

I've been wanting to set up long term NJPW in 2010 game but have yet to rap my head aroun the touring thing, I've watched a few ppv's the past year but by no means understand the full NJPW scheule.

If I recall the mod doesn't have many events set at the start which oesn't help me work out things.

In my head there would be small/medium event house shows in between but for me id just lay out the big events and PPV's

Given that kind of event schedule the TV show would show highlights of week 1-3 right?

Also could someone tell me what the NJPW ppvs/ tournament are? and what the different tournaments are for?

I also have an issue of signing too many Gajins from the indies, to fill out the tag division and add some depth.

From what i've seen of NJPW recently most of the proper tag teams of Gajin teams.

Vice

ReDragon

DH Smith/ Archer

I'm at work now, so this has to be brief…but http://www.purolove.com is your best bet. It's in German but very easy to understand. Just click around the NJPW links to figure it out. And also check out cagematch.de . Also German, but full of information.

So, if I get this correctly, i can run a promotion with a touring schedule but still only book a weekly tv show and ppv's - even in the non touring months - with no downside? I was just wanna be sure because i never played a touring promotion.

No. On non-touring months you can't run any shows whatsoever. On touring months you can run events and PPVs, but your TV will automatically be clip shows. You can't book them individually.

The touring schedule system will not let you do more then five months at a time before forcing a break. Generally that means you work out to nine months on, three months off in a given year.

If you're talking about what I said earlier in the thread I was posting an exploit of such that you can manipulate the touring schedule. But I'd only do that if you already feel somewhat comfortable with the touring system.

Vice

ReDragon

DH Smith/ Archer

If you want the easiest system to do a touring system then set up a weekly event, say every Friday. Call it Road to Dominion, and then at the end of the month do DOMINION. Next month rename the weekly show to whatever the next big show is.

Or alternatively just call it "NJPW Weekly" or something generic and leave it. Every month do a big named show (or multiple, whatever).

If you don't set the schedule to touring, you'll have to book TV's individually.

As for Gaijins, it varies. Back in the 70's and 80's the rosters were predominantly Gaijin and that's changed over time. I'd say for a big promotion like NJPW a good solid ten or so is ideal. NJPW's "core" roster, IE guys on every show, don't have many gaijins. Guys like ReDragon generally only appear on bigger shows.

I myself suffer from WCW Syndrome as I just keep bringing in people like I'm a collector. As BCG I have nine Gaijins in a roster of 36 and four in developmental.

Edit:

Oh, and NJPW big shows:

January 4th: WRESTLE KINGDOM (The Wrestlemania of NJPW always held at the Tokyo Dome of 60,000)

February: THE NEW BEGINNING

March: New Japan Cup (Single elimination tournament; winner gets to choose if they go for the IWGP, Intercontinental or NEVER championship)

April: INVASION ATTACK

May: WRESTLING DONTAKU

June: Best of the Super Juniors (Junior heavyweight Round Robin tournament; winner gets IWGP Junior-Heavyweight Championship match)

July: DOMINION

August: G-1 CLIMAX (Round Robin tournament; winner gets a IWGP Title match for WRESTLE KINGDOM in January. They also have to defend the title shot until then; kind of like a title.)

September: DESTRUCTION

October: KING OF PRO WRESTLING

November: POWER STRUGGLE

November/December: WORLD TAG LEAGUE (Round robin tag team tournament, winning team gets an IWGP Tag Team title match at WRESTLE KINGDOM)

Fluctuating (this year November): Best of the Super Junior Tag Team Tournament (Not guaranteed to run every year and the month changes. This year it was in November and the WORLD TAG LEAGUE was pushed to December. Winning team gets an IWGP Junior-Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match)

I remembered most of those by memory, but I looked up some of them.

No. On non-touring months you can't run any shows whatsoever. On touring months you can run events and PPVs, but your TV will automatically be clip shows. You can't book them individually.

The touring schedule system will not let you do more then five months at a time before forcing a break. Generally that means you work out to nine months on, three months off in a given year.

If you're talking about what I said earlier in the thread I was posting an exploit of such that you can manipulate the touring schedule. But I'd only do that if you already feel somewhat comfortable with the touring system.

But what is the way to exploit it? Cause i would like to try running wwe on a touring schedule.

A few more thoughts on this:

Touring contracts can be quite useful because they guarantee that a worker is not stolen from you *while actually on tour for your company*. Once the touring contract ends, they can be signed by other companies but you will never have this worker stolen just before your big event. That's a huge advantage in my opinion over PPA or Exclusive PPA deals.

This isn't true at all. Touring contracts don't prevent any such thing. You can steal anyone away that's on a touring contract as long as you're a big enough promotion to sign said worker.

But what is the way to exploit it? Cause i would like to try running wwe on a touring schedule.

At the start of every month (Monday Day One), you adjust the scheduled months of the tour. The rule of thumb is that you can't be on tour more then five months at a time, so the game forces you to take a off month.

So when you hit that off month, simply change the schedule so that a different month is off. That way you're never off tour. You can only do this on the first day of the month. You miss that Monday and you're locked in.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT sign wrestlers to touring contracts if you want to do this. It will forbid you from doing it as their contracts are only valid while on tour, so the game will not let you adjust your months.

I'm pretty sure that Touring Contracts are intended to keep you from month switches, so just sign people to PPA or Written deals. There's no reason to use touring contracts anyway, they're just PPA deals with a time limit.

Edit: I should also note that taking breaks or even a break month off isn't the worst idea if you're running a very physical style of wrestling. With so many shows at a halfway dangerous style, wrestlers will begin to break pretty quickly. Keeping that in mind is really important for puro companies like BHOWTG, PGHW, and such. I'd assume the same for real life data of NJPW.

Archived