Your biggest Upset

Actually, in my latest game she went undefeated (6-0) until she came up against Ebisawa. Her father would be proud. Nah... he wouldn't. :p

Sadorra is severely overrated. Her stats make her look like she's good, but she loses to everything that has 50 wrestling to close the distance. Tripp has that. She took a painful loss to Hescott.

Sadorra is overrated in this edition (where wrestling reigns supreme vs pure striking). I've found that she's a really good gatekeeper in the 10-15 range. Her four losses are against DeNeuve, Watson, Herbig and now Tripp. But she's beaten wrestlers too (Kremen, Kovalenko, Curtis). She's notorious for derailing career trajectories. She did it to Volha Kremen and most recently, to Lilia Kovalenko (via SD). Most of my go-to fighters from WMMA3 have fallen on hard times in WMMA4. Monica Masters, Sadorra, Janinha, Shimizu, etc. But I'm going to move Sadorra back to her natural bantamweight division and have her face Tess Wallin (who somehow managed to learn some submission skills so finishes more than layin' and prayin').

But on the bright side, I had previously only kept Kenzie around to keep her away from her dad (Matt owns/runs Q-Cage, the #2 promotion in the world). Now I may push her up the rankings (cherry picking her opponents and only feeding her higher ranked strikers). She's 9-3 and her only losses were kinda expected (Peoples, Long Lin, Katherine Williams) though until Sadorra, she hadn't beaten anyone of note.

Classic grappler vs. striker match-up. As the old saying goes: styles make fights.

What surprised me most about that is, usually the result is the opposite in WMMA4. Grapplers typically win because strikers can't make them pay for trying takedowns.

Oh yes and if there was a 9-0 can who would put butts in seats and drive PPV buys (a la Kimbo Slice of several years ago), you'd take that fight.

Funny you should say that - such a match would apparently be a great main event, if only the commission would allow it.

I thought excluding momentum from local fights was meant to stop this happening.

http://i.imgur.com/tcsNpJc.png

Pardon my ignorance since I avoid regulated areas like the plague (mainly due to medical suspension lengths) but, commissions can veto fights?

Yep, the message is:

The regional athletic commission refuse to sanction this fight as they believe X is dangerously overmatched; this is because her opponent is much more highly rated and X doesn't have the experience to deal with that.

I think it happens with -1200 odds. I was a bit confused when I saw that you posted a fight with those odds; now I understand how you did it.

Yeah, I had a fighter get a 6 month suspension from a fight she dominated until round 3 when she was about to pound her opponent to paste and the girl managed to reach up and grab an arm and get the immediate tapout. Another major upset (odds were -1080) but the result led to a top 5 fighter being out for six months. That's the equivalent of a flash pin. I was done after that. While the extra money available from regulated areas is nice, it's not necessary. I'd rather have my fighters available to fight.

Yeah, I had a fighter get a 6 month suspension from a fight she dominated until round 3 when she was about to pound her opponent to paste and the girl managed to reach up and grab an arm and get the immediate tapout. Another major upset (odds were -1080) but the result led to a top 5 fighter being out for six months. That's the equivalent of a flash pin. I was done after that. While the extra money available from regulated areas is nice, it's not necessary. I'd rather have my fighters available to fight.

This is precisely why I have zero regulated areas in my game. The suspensions are often ridiculous and seldom justified.

-JGA

<p>An example of how even facing a supposed can isn't a guaranteed win (and how the balance has shifted in favor of wrestlers):</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/KingBrooks.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

When a wrestler with 34.5% chin goes up against a striker with 83.5% striking skill (80 creative striking, 81 takedown defense), this isn't the expected outcome. But when you get swept and laid and prayed (and controlled against the cage), it's the outcome that occurs. King was able to barrel in and grapple/clinch Brooks seemingly at will and there was nothing Heather could do about it.</p>

Yep, the message is:

The regional athletic commission refuse to sanction this fight as they believe X is dangerously overmatched; this is because her opponent is much more highly rated and X doesn't have the experience to deal with that.

I think it happens with -1200 odds. I was a bit confused when I saw that you posted a fight with those odds; now I understand how you did it.

My experience is that is has something to with rankings -- a fighter outside, say, the top 12 usually can't challenge for the title.

I've had plenty 1 vs. 4 or worse boughs with -1200/+950 and nothing has happened -- usually, a good striker versus a glass chin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hear that?

24068108854_6ddc739f5d_b.jpg

It's the sound of a career dying.

The #17 ranked bantamweight loses to a can and drops completely out of the top 25. Because I'm capricious, I'm done with her. Moving on to another possible superstar prospect/successor to Pam O'Neill since this one appears to be defective.

Well... Whitmore should be your new star after that event. But good god... what was the athletic commission even thinking when they licenced... oh, right. Nebraska. :cool:

Oh and Whitmore is an old star (she's who Pam beat to get the BW title back). I hate her because she takes too long to recover between fights. I expect my champs to be available for 3 fights a year (doesn't mean they'll fight that many times but be ready) and I was lucky to get two out of Carrie. But Pam beat her (r4 KO (Kick) ) and then Sarah Vaughan knocked her out (r5 KO (Punch) ) so now she's out for six months (2 months, 3 weeks remaining). Besides, she's 31 and I've learned to never rely on post-30 women fighters. This is why I'm always churning through fighters. They hit 30 and their skills begin to slide (sometimes in avalanche fashion).

Archived