Cornell-Verse 2016 Prediction Thread

Giant Redwood returns and replaces Sam Strong as the owner of USPW. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Redwood was long gone by 2014, right?

Nope. The big lump was still around haunting the lower card regions of USPW. Speaking of people that should be gone, anyone thin Marc DuBois will be in prison by 2016?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. The big lump was still around haunting the lower card regions of USPW. Speaking of people that should be gone, anyone thin Marc DuBois will be in prison by 2016?

There was someone who left USPW if I remember correctly, but I haven't fired up a CV game in a while, so I might be wrong...my last one was a SWF game in which I began booking in 2015, after one year of simulating the game...I made Randy Bumfhole a British heel for some reason. Anyway, my prediction stands.

NYCW predictions

Bailey, Whistler and Steve Flash are all finally retired. Flash may be road agenting, but most likely is doing it for CGC or NOTBPW.

Bailey is now a commissioner ( and still holding the book)

Whistler is either gone, or doing color commentary with Ernie Turner moving on to PSW, FCW or possibly USPW.

Cage is lower tier SWF ( midcard at best)

Bulldozer is Empire Champion

OSP have broken up, Mauler is in the Empire title picture along with Enforcer Roberts, who is their big pickup after he finally is released from SWF and if not him, then its Brent Hill

The Fighting Irish have gone from NOTBPW to NYCW and are the tag champions while the Ring Generals are in TCW now as a lower card tag team.

Who do you guys think the ace of Burning Hammer will be? With Kikkawa the wrong side of 40 and Nakasaki not to far off...it'd have to be Horri, no? I think Toshusai is too much of a character and not sure Masuno has the workrate...

Overall, it should be a golden age for the juniors though. Elemental III, Mystic Dragon, Sensational Dragon and Masuko should be in their primes. Does anyone think that their will be a true Optimus II? I have always liked the idea of Emerald Angel making the leap to Burning Hammer for that honor....

Who do you guys think the ace of Burning Hammer will be? With Kikkawa the wrong side of 40 and Nakasaki not to far off...it'd have to be Horri, no? I think Toshusai is too much of a character and not sure Masuno has the workrate...

Overall, it should be a golden age for the juniors though. Elemental III, Mystic Dragon, Sensational Dragon and Masuko should be in their primes. Does anyone think that their will be a true Optimus II? I have always liked the idea of Emerald Angel making the leap to Burning Hammer for that honor....

I hope there isn't an Optimus II purely because I like the idea of BHOTWG creating new masked lineages. I just can't see there being another Optimus. If Emerald Angel were to jump over, I hope he stays as Emerald Angel.

Guest Asaemon

Yeah Horri could be the new Ace. Interesting to see if Samoan Machine, Toshiharu Hyobanshi and SUKI still are contracted by GCG, or if they have been stolen. Since BHOTWG has been interested in Hyobanski and PGHW in SUKI, earlier in the series. BHOTWG could use some talented firepower in the Heavyweight division.

Reijiro Hiraki has probably been promoted to the main BHOTWG roster. Sometimes i've had him as Dark Elemental.

I think some underrated thing going on in the CV is SOTBPW morphing into the WWE over the years.

From stealing everyone's top talent, to even having their own brand split, I would say they are even above 21CW as far as controlling their singular game area. 2 TV shows, a ridiculous amount of workers at B level or higher popularity, they even ran their own version of tough enough !

I don't think it's a stretch to say they will either be picking up major steam in the USA, or more likely; they will add a second world title making them brand exclusive.

Guest Asaemon
Bob Casey will be mistaken for a breakfast sandwich and eaten by Devastating Don.

It's an "In-Casey-Of-Emergency" situation. If Dons hungry he gotta eat. :D

Alright...here's my 2 cents on the big 3 in the US:

SWF: Operation Lullaby forces Richard Eisen to be inactive and the promotion takes a prestige/financial hit. Jerry is the new owner with a retired Faith handling booking duties. Valiant will be starting champ currently feuding with Eric. Bumfholes will be split and engaged in a starting storyline. Enforcer Roberts in charge of new (bookable) developmental fed (which is available on Supreme Network (a new game function that mirrors the network feature in WMMA4)

Notable additions: Rocky Golden, Enygma on a limited contract (maybe a new contract type that will more closely simulate the type of deal Lesnar has?)

Notable departures: Joe Sexy, Garcia, Kholov and Lobster Warrior

TCW: TCW stays the course and doesn't see much change from the number 2 spot. Wolf is a babyface champ feuding with Tommy. Jay Chord is International champ going toe-to-toe with Joey Minnesota. Brent Hill has hung it up and works as a road agent. New Wave have split up with one of them leaving the company.

Notable additions: Steven Parker, Matthew Keith, Chris Morrisette, Kirk Jameson

Notable departures: Either Guide or Scout, Ino, Flying Jimmy Foxx, Edd Stone (who returns home, burying the hatchet with family)

USPW: Sam Strong has finally retired...but I'm having hard time coming up with a logical replacement. Maybe network owned? Sneer continues booking. Company starts at Cult. Nicky is riding high as champ facing off against a repackaged Hell's Bouncer. Alicia is a true main-eventer chasing J-Ro for her title in what has been the number 1 rivalry in women's wrestling.

Notable additions: Hell's Bouncer, Brandon Smith (under the USA mask), Fro Sure, Sara Marie York, Foxxy LaRue

Notable departures: Baine, Enygma, Peter Valentine, Belle Bryden

Valiant would be a great choice of champion after a prestige hit to the SWF (Operation Lullaby). A new, embattled owner in Jerry tries to turn the dial in the opposite away from scandal by putting the belt on the ultimate good guy in the SWF. I would see Eric Eisen taking time off-screen to allow the Eisen name to heal. That said, or he turns face and renounces his father's actions; attempting to bring honor back to the name.

TCW

Ricky Dale Johnson heads out the door and ends up signing with USPW. As a result of Ricky's departure, TCW moves John Anderson up who had been waiting in the wings in the upper card. Bryant has moved further down the card and understanding TCW's need to build up young talent begins putting over talent in the midcard scene. High profile matches with Bryant and Johnson move Chord up the roster to midcard. Harry Allen is out of TCW and wrestling in NYCW. Genghis Rhan also jumps to USPW and Brent Hill retires. American Buffalo is moving further down the card.

On the flip side, TCW seeing the need to fill holes snatches Mikey James from CZCW and Steven Parker from PSW. The biggest free agent signing to help them into the future is picking up Kirk Jameson.

NOTBPW's big signing was bringing Raphael in which was followed up by Austin Smooth. Nelson Callum also signs with NOTBPW to solidify the building blocks for their future.

Erik Strong jumps from NOTBPW to PGHW to further hone his skills in Japan.

SWF shocks the world by signing Mainstream Hernandez. But the biggest news was SWF taking Fox Mask, Masked Cougar and Remmy Sky from CZCW. Marc Dubois is out. His extreme personality has finally driven SWF to cut ties with him. Spencer Spade and Masked Patriot are called up to the main roster. Enforcer Roberts retires and takes over as head trainer for the University. James Prudence jumps to TCW. Everest leaves SWF. Christian Faith retires and joins on commentary.

CGC

CGC's biggest moves were bringing in Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith. Vin Tanner is out of CGC and off to 4C.

CZCW seeing their top guys bolt for bigger promotions continues scouring the nation for up and coming talent boasting several new additions in Sonny Wildside, American Elemental and American Elemental II.

FCW minimizes their losses by signing El Mitico as their top star.

Bob Casey will be mistaken for a breakfast sandwich and eaten by Devastating Don.

Dislike. Dislike. DISSSSSSSS!!! LIIIIIIIIIIIKE!! Bob's my ace. I can not have him being cannibalized by a tub of goo who couldn't devastate anything more threatening that a Mongolian BBQ.

Now you want to send Don south of the border and make a burrito of Cristobal Pardo, we can have that convo.

I'm always interested to see who the new rookies and future workers are. The CVerse is always being expanded, so I want to see the new additions to the game world. New promotions? Maybe someone passed away that we didn't expect? Similar to Shawn Gonzalez dying between TEW2010 and TEW2013. Any top workers have to retire due to a severe injury? A couple workers jumping ship to a competitor? It'll be a tough 3-5 months waiting for this gem (Dev Journal is the only thing that keeps me sane).

Guest Asaemon
What do you think about Texas Pete? He is a good guy to have in the locker room, but don't seem to be one of Cornells favorites because of the drinking. Could Texas Pete be going to USPW, while Cornell signs some new workers. With Pete gone, the locker room morale would be pretty weak. If Pete is leaving maybe some of the troublemakers have to go as well.

What do you think about Texas Pete? He is a good guy to have in the locker room, but don't seem to be one of Cornells favorites because of the drinking. Could Texas Pete be going to USPW, while Cornell signs some new workers. With Pete gone, the locker room morale would be pretty weak. If Pete is leaving maybe some of the troublemakers have to go as well.

Agree with you on Pete. If not USPW, he will continue to flounder in the midcard in a promotion that he's not best suited for. Only other place I could see him is working for the DeColts?

2016: The Return of Stallings

I would love this...but in what capacity? What type of promotion would he create and what stars are available to him?

I see Kaneie Komine in a similar position. I have to think he's ready to launch a big new promotion...but with who?

I would love this...but in what capacity? What type of promotion would he create and what stars are available to him?

He goes full circle and buys out his original head booker's own promotion; USPW. Sam Strong almost has to be retired by 2016 and Sam was the original head booker for HGC/TCW.

TCW also seems to have a lot of average or below brawler types on their roster. You have to think guys like Rahn, Tana, Buffalo, etc are gone by now and replaced with younger stars who are probably more athletic and could even boost the locker room as well.

Troy Tornado too, he should be done as far as the big leagues go. Maybe a last ditch effort in USPW, but I feel like he'd be a huge asset to the US/Canada indies

Predictions:

1. NOTBPW at Cult.

2. USPW with new Ownership, possibly Stallings or Christian Faith.

3. SWF at Cult post FBI investigation, possible talent exodus to USPW/TCW, the Eisen brothers possibly owner & booker with papa Richard in jail.

4. Kaneie Komine new owner of Golden Canvas Grappling, with BCG either still in competition or collapsed and bought out by GCG.

5. Edd Stone & Freddy Huggins in CGC.

6. CGC now at National level.

7. 21CW facing competition from NWF, significant portion of 21CW roster moving to the NWF.

8. Also, EWA is now uncontested premier European promotion, making actual inroads into the UK.

9. A few Australian workers moving to North America. Perhaps McCarthy is among them?

10. NYCW's aging elite finally retire, with Sammy the Shark and The New York Doll closer to the main event than they've ever been.

11. USPW might be getting a few more of the late 90s/early 00s that they've been running with for so long. Maybe Faith or Vengeance from SWF? I think Rick Law could be a major boost for the company, as either a face or a heel.

12. Angry Gilmore for SWF World Heavyweight Champion. Him or Valiant, I think.

13. PGHW gets a new owner.

Guest Asaemon
Who is this Stallings character of which you speak?

J.K. Stallings Jr is a computer genius who made billions of dollars in the software industry while still in his teens, after inventing a program that answered e-mails automatically. He set up a wrestling promotion (HGC) in 1996, but dropped out of that industry in 2004.

Archived