How Many People Here Play in the UK for C-Verse?

I am right now booking my English Pro Wrestling (created promotion in first day of the game) Weekly Action TV show in Week 2, January 2023... I am using 2008 CV database (in TEW 2013), so I am 15 years into the game right now and the only promotions that have went out of business are Championship Wrestling from Wigan and... 21st Century Wrestling which went bust a little bit less that a year ago in April of 2022! By the way my databse consists only from workers and promotions that are based in Europe and British Isles!

I played a few years of British Isles C-verse. It's really fun, here's what I did.

Created the Brittania Wrestling Alliance with a cap on Regional. I added a created company to the alliance from Ireland, South, Central, North UK, Scotland, Scandanavia and Central Europe. So a territory system with trading will allow you to bring in some European talents active in Scandanavia and Central EU to work for you.

Championship Wrestling from Wigan - North - Pure Wrestling

Edinburgh Championship Wrestling - Scotland - Wigan Style

Kingdom Pro Wrestling - Southern - Old School Rasslin'

New Age Pro Wrestling - Ireland - High Spot Spectacle

United Kingdom Wrestling Fed - Central - Attitude Entertainment

Deutscher Ringerbund - Central Europe - Pro Wrestling MMA

Championship Wrestling Scandinavia - Respect for Wrestling

This way you have small to regional wrestling companies covering the spectrum of workers. Also I make the finances a shared pot to keep these companies from going out of business within the first few months of the game.

Then I created a few who are not part of the alliance that could eventually rise to cult.

National Wrestling Federation - Southern England - Tradition Updated

Titan Pro Wrestling - North England - High Spot Spectacle

Finally, I created a wrestling company in Eastern Europe that is a Strongman USPW style regional promotion.

This helps to keep the U.K. world as fun and dynamic as the U.S. and Japan worlds. I use company photos I got from here and tried to make the owners people from the country/area where the promotion is based out of.

EDIT:

Oh and forgot to add that I added 2 tv networks and gave them specific coverage.

GWE Deutschland - Central Europe, Scandinavia, South and Central UK.

System K - Central and South UK, Central Europe, and Scandinavia

I usually use the UK as a starting point for my RTGs since I live there, and usually create my own promotion. The only time I haven't is when I was playing the 97 mod and went with MOSC which is amazing because of theme. I usually go with a MOSC-esk fed with my created companies, just balls to the walls stuff, but with a Welsh feel rather than Scottish and a British Lucha colorful flippy shit product rather than Old School Brawling.

I've tried on a couple occasions but never really gotten that far with it. I've never really gotten much of a fix on the British pool. Throw in 21CW becoming the lone wolf of the scene in TEW 13 and that just made things worse for me. Being American and only knowing the UK from afar may not be the biggest help for me in this regard either. Would certainly like to do more with Britian though.

I've played a few UK games and used some British workers abroad. There are several great debuts in Britain, but most are tied to 21CW -- usually I sign away talent with Exclusive PPAs though if you don't want to do that you can always wait for 21CW to go out of business -- in most games they won't last past 2020.

I've had success with both old-school Wigan/Catch promotions and hardcore promotions.

The biggest obstacle is that Britain (and Europe) have so low industry level % and little spillover it's nigh impossible to create a true "national" promotion.

I usually set Region Importance to 90% minimum for all regions in the game so every promotion wherever they are have a chance at becoming National.

That said, even with that I had difficulty getting great grades in UK. Cult was a level I could get to, but didn't play long enough to stick it out for National as it just felt like a very difficult grind.

Archived