I just bought a external hard drive recently and was wondering if you I could put TEW on it and move it from computer to computer instead of uninstalling and reinstalling it? I probably would wait until 16 to do it but I was wondering if anyone does this currently? Does everything go smooth or is there any problems?

Thanks for the help.

I very much doubt it. I had a terminal problem with my old laptop a few months ago where it wouldn't turn on though I managed to salvage the hard drive. I put the old drive in an external caddy and plug it in to my new laptop. Even though I didn't touch TEW on the old hard drive, I had to get the elicence deactivated so I could activate it on the new set up so the game would boot up. This was also the case with Football Manager.

E-license is linked to the operating system (via the registry), not the game itself. So in short, no. You could install TEW on an external hard drive, but you'd still need to license and unlicense it each time you took that hard drive to a different computer.

Not if he installed Windows on the Hard Drive. Am i correct? Installing the OS on the external drive and linking it to the E-License should, in theory, allow for a portable game. But I may be wrong, I'm just assuming, never really did it myself.

Archived