Harmor was a longtime active member here, and an avid supporter of the TEW series passed away last June. We met as a part of an E-fed we ran together 11 years ago. He was a great friend both in that endeavor and on a personal level. For several years we were close as brothers, from across the globe. He introduced me to EWR, and eventually to TEW, and we have played every version of the game together since.

He deleted his facebook profile around this time last year, simply saying he didn't need it any longer. We still spoke through PM's here. The last time we spoke was early May of last year. I began to wonder about him earlier this week and came here to see when he was last active. It was June of last year. I then asked a friend who was also good friends with him if he had heard from him lately, and he said he had not, and the last time he had logged into his Steam account was last June. That was a HUGE red flag. He loved his computer and playing games he would find on Steam.

I looked up his wife's profile and was able to find that he passed away June 22nd of brain cancer. I had known he had been having tumors on his brain, and he had surgery for them, but the last he had told me of it it was no longer a problem.

Rest in peace, old friend.

Jens "Harmor" Fricke

This is really terrible...I never spoke directly to the man, but he seemed to be a really good person who happened to follow the same diaries I did (so I did know him, somewhat), I had never really noticed that he stopped posting, but that doesn't come into the case...may he rest in peace.

RIP :(

I remember this dude he was always nice, German or French if I recall correctly. His avatar always stood out.

John I'm really sorry for your loss. I know this is probably a long shot and maybe too much to ask this close to release but it would be really cool if he had a place in C-Verse now. I know he will feature somewhere in all of my mods from here on in, John would you like that? If he was a private guy and you think he wouldn't I won't but I personally think it would be a nice testament to someone who shared our unique passion.

RIP :(

I remember this dude he was always nice, German or French if I recall correctly. His avatar always stood out.

John I'm really sorry for your loss. I know this is probably a long shot and maybe too much to ask this close to release but it would be really cool if he had a place in C-Verse now. I know he will feature somewhere in all of my mods from here on in, John would you like that? If he was a private guy and you think he wouldn't I won't but I personally think it would be a nice testament to someone who shared our unique passion.

He was German. But I used to give him a rough time all the time for being more American than German. Just one of our running gags.

He would be honored by the response of this thread. Of all the games he played (And I'm here to tell you he played A LOT of games) TEW was his favorite. One of the last couple times I talked to him he was telling me about how he had created our old E-fed in the C-verse. He had several of the characters we had, detailed title histories with dates and everything. He even made avatars for what he thought all the characters looked like. He had our event logos, everything. He was just getting ready to start testing it to make sure the product was in-line with the shows we did. He was going to start it regionally and see how far he could take it. I told him I wanted a copy of the data when it was ready, but sadly we never exchanged that.

He would also be honored to be in the game in any way by anyone. He really loved the gimmick he came up with through the years of fedding, and I think that would be the best way to honor him.

Character name: Hatework

Height: 6'8"

Weight: can vary from 290 - 295 lbs

Hometown: parts unknown

Orientation: heel

Finisher 1: The Hatebomb (Jackknife Powerbomb), usually set up by the 3DT, an uninterrupted series of 3 DDTs in a ro

In ring style: Power moves for the most part, mixed with the odd sleeper- or nervehold. Tendency to sit-up occasionally.

Gear: Black leather pants and boots, black tanktop. Wears a black leather great coat during his entrance. During promos, his wrestling boots are replaced by leather boots with metal shin armor plates, ornamented by rows of spikes.

Brief character discription: Nihilist, psychopath, sociopath ... only a few words from a growing collection of attributes assigned to Hatework. He is outspoken in his vile contempt for everything and everyone, acting without morale, without respect, without any kindness. He knows only hate, and claims to be the singularity, without peers, because of it - Hatework says it is this "demon" or "monster" of hate in him that fuels him, that makes him what he is, the one thing he embraces in his life. He possesses beastly strength and is able to take almost inhuman amounts of punishment in the ring without having to slow down. Hatework claims this is the result of embracing the darkness inside of him.

I usually always find a character of high menace and re-brand him as Hatework in whatever game I'm playing. Pretty sure his avatar here was his representation of Hatework.

Myself personally, I am going to pay homage to him in my gimmick (I am an independent worker) which is a biker gimmick. I'm going to get a wooden baseball bat, sand it down, paint it flat black, carve "Hatework" into it, paint those letters white, seal it, and start carrying that around with me at shows. He would definitely dig that.

I hope Hatework goes into the C-Verse as a rookie yet to debut.

My dad died of cancer when I was almost 9, and I know how awful it can be. I'm so sorry to hear about Harmor's death. John Waylon, send regards to his family and I promise it gets better over time.

Losing somebody from cancer sucks. PM me if you want to talk.

Guest Asaemon
My sincere condolences.

I personally would like see Hatework in the C-Verse or if not possible, at least a common worker in every fictional mod the community has created.

I agree with this. That's a great idea.

Guest Asaemon
I usually always find a character of high menace and re-brand him as Hatework in whatever game I'm playing. Pretty sure his avatar here was his representation of Hatework.

Myself personally, I am going to pay homage to him in my gimmick (I am an independent worker) which is a biker gimmick. I'm going to get a wooden baseball bat, sand it down, paint it flat black, carve "Hatework" into it, paint those letters white, seal it, and start carrying that around with me at shows. He would definitely dig that.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee489/asaemon/TEW%20Alts/Hatework.jpg

Hatework with his baseball bat

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee489/asaemon/TEW%20Alts/Hatework.jpg

Hatework with his baseball bat

That is awesome.

I am taking him to the ring with me tonight. (At a relay for life show, no less!)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/PCW/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsvqvdi7jt.jpeg

He was German. But I used to give him a rough time all the time for being more American than German. Just one of our running gags.

German that was it :)

He would be honored by the response of this thread.

I really like the name Harmor, it's a really cool wrestler name! If he would've preferred Hatework though then Hatework it is.

Archived