How to book hardcore...?

Firstly, apologies up front. I seem to spend my time on here asking questions rather than enjoying the many cool threads this community offers. I will take some time to smell the flowers once my game is up and running, I promise.

Please can you advise on the MASSIVE holes I have in booking a hardcore promotion?

The product I have will attract fans that will be put off by low risk matches. A normal hardcore 1 vs 1 has match prestige very low and content risk very low. Would a normal hardcore match tank with my cult audience?

My product:

Very low - Mainstream

Low - Trad, Comedy, Real, DD

Medium - Risque, Modern

Key - Hardcore, Cult

Are there penalties for booking the same gimmick match multiple times on a card?

Also, fans expect gimmicks to be subtle and complex - is there a rough value of subtlety/difficulty I need to adhere to?

Also, also, because I'm starting a new promotion at 0% the wrestlers I sign will neither be popular or good at performing - wrestlers will be rated equally on both. Is this a good idea?

That's all I can think of at the moment but any suggestions, glaring errors, stuff like that - please let me know.

Many thanks.

1 - No,but with your product I suggest that the matches you do must have at least Average Risk.You can,for example,create a match called "Hardcore (company initials)" with Average risk.

This will avoid the penalty for low risk and I think only a few wrestlers would refuse to work a match with Average risk.

2 - I'd say at least 50(D+) on Sublety.

3 - If your Popularity is low,fans will expect "worst" matches than on big companies.While you grow,you can build your stars,because nobody will expect a Tommy Cornell vs Jack Bruce level match in a Local fed,but Chess Maniac vs Alan Parent,or something terrible like that.

Awesome reply man, thanks.

I've played with the product and by dropping Cult to medium it removes the demands on gimmicks. It makes the crowd less vocal though and less of an ECW feel which is what I was going for... hmmn...

Would you advise a pop over performance for a company

Just starting out?

Awesome reply man, thanks.

I've played with the product and by dropping Cult to medium it removes the demands on gimmicks. It makes the crowd less vocal though and less of an ECW feel which is what I was going for... hmmn...

Would you advise a pop over performance for a company

Just starting out?

I can't see a Hardcore company being pop>perf unless it uses that attitude entertrainment style.

However,if you have some popular main eventers and they aren't good in-ring you could try it out.

The product I have will attract fans that will be put off by low risk matches. A normal hardcore 1 vs 1 has match prestige very low and content risk very low. Would a normal hardcore match tank with my cult audience?

As far as I remember from my game with a hardcore federation, bumping the content risk to low is enough to remove the penalty. I'm sure you can even get a bonus by having matches with content risk that's even higher. Match prestige is irrelevant with regards to fans and their demand for riskier matches. However, you can get a bonus if you have match with higher match prestige, but this applies for every kind of product.

Are there penalties for booking the same gimmick match multiple times on a card?

Not as far as I know.

Also, fans expect gimmicks to be subtle and complex - is there a rough value of subtlety/difficulty I need to adhere to?

I don't know about that, but obviously the higher the subtlety value, the better. Difficulty is just how tough the gimmick is to pull off in general. It has nothing to do with fans expecting subtle gimmicks. You should always aim for a difficulty level that is as low as possible, regardless of what your fans expect.

Also, also, because I'm starting a new promotion at 0% the wrestlers I sign will neither be popular or good at performing - wrestlers will be rated equally on both. Is this a good idea?

If you start at zero popularity, you literally can't go wrong because you can't lose popularity. Any show that rates six percentage points higher than your current popularity will make your company gain popularity. So, it doesn't really matter if your product is performance-heavy or popularity-heavy.

Unless you completely screw up your booking, you'll do more than fine.

These are some fantastic replies. Thanks guys.

Quick question about product: I've taken Cult down to medium to remove the subtle gimmick demand but now I have Hardcore at key and nothing on heavy. Can a product work like this?

Key: Hardcore

Heavy:

Medium: Cult, Risque, Modern

Low: Mainstream, Comedy, Daredevil

These are some fantastic replies. Thanks guys.

Quick question about product: I've taken Cult down to medium to remove the subtle gimmick demand but now I have Hardcore at key and nothing on heavy. Can a product work like this?

Key: Hardcore

Heavy:

Medium: Cult, Risque, Modern

Low: Mainstream, Comedy, Daredevil

As far as I know,there`s no problem at all.If you have any doubt with the product,hit "data check" and "analysis"

Regarding gimmick subtlety, I'm sure there's a hard value that causes fans to crap on it. Same with basics/psych.

I just don't know what it is exactly :D

I'd make a logical guess at 35/36, the E/D border.

From memory, 30% is the 'subtle' border - at least, that's what I've used without trouble in the past.

For a tiny fed I'd definitely try for Perf > Pop as it's unlikely the bigger stars would come to a fed just starting out. Smaller feds would tend to attract talented yet basically unknown wrestlers wanting to make a name for themselves.

Problem with perf > pop in the Cverse is that there are very, very, very few good Hardcore workers in the database, and IIRC none of those would be available to a local or small company.

Problem with perf > pop in the Cverse is that there are very, very, very few good Hardcore workers in the database, and IIRC none of those would be available to a local or small company.

All workers for this promotion are created or are in the process of being created. They're all pretty terrible and at various stages of drug abuse and problems with the law but that's not the point, ha. :D

Archived