NxT Takeover - Just Getting Started

I'd love to come up with an imaginative back story here, but I thought it would be easier to just be honest and explain why I'm doing this diary.

So me and a friend have attempted on a couple of occasions to do a joint game of TEW (most of the time it's one running Raw and another running Smackdown) but on the whole he is a lot more committed to the games than me which always resulted in him getting annoyed at my lack of commitment and me getting annoyed at him constantly asking me to complete my game. Then about 3 weeks before Wrestlemania, we had an idea. As a joint game, he would book Raw/Smackdown and all PPV's and I would book NxT as well as any Nxt takeovers. We have been doing this now for over a month and it seems to have worked as he is happy as he can book a lot more so plays the game a lot more and I'm happy as I only have a 1 hour spot to fill most weeks.

The was a couple of ground rules set.

1) He has final sign on calling up Nxt talent to the main roster. I can argue their importance to me and he may chose to let me keep them for however long I need, but he can just make the straight call if he needs/wants them now. Although he has promised to be fair and not just take talent for the sake of it.

2) He can use talent for one off events such as the Royal Rumble or Andre the Giant Battle Royals etc or some crossover between the main roster and Nxt (Such as Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens has done) but eventually the talent will either be called up for good or return to Nxt for the foreseeable future.

3) If he has any talent which he is not/rarely using I can request they be moved down to Nxt and potentially repackaged. Again he will make the choice on this based on what he has planned for that individual.

4) Any new talent signed we will decide if they are to debut in Nxt or on the main roster between us. Most likely they would debut on Nxt, but some may make the straight jump such as AJ Styles did.

After successfully booking shows all the way up until June and the next Takeover event, I started to really think that this would make a good diary. I have a legitimate problem of having to deal with talent moving on, I have a persistent partner who is keeping my interest in this story and I have already pre booked a number of shows I am happy with and I think will make an interesting diary.

So the plan will be for me to send out a weekly Nxt show as well as a weekly update of what has happened on the main roster. I will start with the results for NxT Takeover Dallas and Wrestlemania 32 (Our results, which may differ to real life) and carry on from there. Remember the superstars such as Apollo Crews, Enzo and Cass and The Vaudevillians are still a part of Nxt and have not made the jump to the main roster yet in our game.

Sorry for the boring open to this diary. My next post will be the official start and we will begin with NxT Takeover - Dallas. Thanks and I hope you all enjoy.

NXT Takeover: Dallas - Results & Recap

Apollo Crews Vs. Elias Samson.

Samson puts up a strong effort, but Crews shows that he is a level above Samson at the moment. Finishing him off with a spin out powerbomb.

Winner - Apollo Crews

American Alpha Vs. The Revival © - NXT Tag Team Championship.

Alpha start like a house on fire and have the Revival in trouble until Dash Wilder is able to cut off Chad Gable on the outside and throws him into the steel steps. After that the Revival take over and work over Gable, who is nearly put away a number of times. He is able to hang on though, and get the hot tag for Jason Jordan, who comes in and clears house. Eventually, it is down to Jordan and Dawson in the ring with Jordan tagging in Gable and hitting the Grand Amplitude for the win.

Winner - American Alpha - **NEW NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS**

Austin Aries Vs Baron Corbin

Aries and Corbin is an interesting match up. With the indy sensation taking on a project of the WWE performance center. Austin starts off well, using his speed and technical superiority to be a step ahead of Corbin, but Corbin is about to battle back. The match ends with Corbin looking like he is going to hit the end of days... Only for Austin to reverse and lock in a bridging triangle choke, forcing Corbin to tap out.

Winner - Austin Aries

Asuka Vs Bayley © - NXT Women's Championship.

Bayley faces her biggest task so far in NxT against the unstoppable force of Asuka. Bayley really up's her game here and seems to have Asuka on the run in the early going. Asuka gradually starts to come back strong until a Bayley to Belly out of nowhere gets a 2 count for Bayley. She is stunned that Asuka is able to kick out. A second attempt is reversed into an Asuka lock that looks to have Bayley in all kinds of trouble, but she is able to just about get a foot on the rope and force a break. Asuka begins to stalk Bayley, again looking for the Asuka lock, but as she goes for it Bayley avoids and Asuka is sent to the outside. The match continues on the outside until both women on own the apron. Here Bayley is able to grab a hold of Asuka and hit a Bayley to Belly from the ring apron to the floor. Neither woman is able to return to the ring and both are counted out.

Winner - Draw (Double Count Out) - Bayley retains.

Sami Zayn Vs Shinsuke Nakamura

In what will surely go down as a match of the year contender. Two of the top talents in the WWE go at it in a fierce hard hitting battle with plenty of near falls on both parts. Nakamura thinks he has the match won with a running knee strike, only for Zayn to kick out. Zayn the recovers and is able to land a Helluva Kick on Nakamura. He gets 1,2, and then a last second kick out. It carries on back and forth until finally a second running knee drop puts Zayn down for the 3 count and a debut win for Nakamura.

Winner - Shinsuke Nakamura

Finn Balor Vs Samoa Joe - Nxt Championship.

Joe looks like a destructive force in the early going of this match. Striking Balor at will and showing no sign of intimidation for Balor's demon makeup and entrance. Balor is able to work his way back into the match as it progresses. Balor starts to feed off the crowd and a front dropkick into the corner see's Joe in position for the Coup De Grace. Balor goes to the top, jumps...and Joe moves. He is up quick as a flash and cuts Balor off. Balor is seated on the top rope by Joe, he gets him up for a muscle buster..and hits it. 1, 2 and no, Balor kicks out and Joe looks stunned. Joe sets him up again, he goes for it a second time, but this time Balor escapes, he runs at Joe but Joe side steps and locks in a Coquina Clutch. Balor is fading, but he refuses to give up and eventually fight's his way to the bottom rope. Joe looks genuinely stunned. Joe picks up a barely conscious Balor, looks to signal it's the end, but Balor comes back, and takes down Joe with another front drop kick. He goes up for the Coup De Grace and hits it. 1, 2 and 3. It's over, Balor retains the title.

Winner - Finn Balor - Balor Retains.

Post Match - Finn Balor is too tired to celebrate as he watches Joe walk to the back with a stunned expression on his face.

-- End of Show--

Wrestlemania 32 - Results

Cody Rhodes Def. Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, The Miz, Neville, Sami Zayn and Sin Cara to win the Intercontinental Title.

Cody Rhodes retired his Stardust gimmick, wrestling as Cody Rhodes for the first time in years, and he marked the occasion by winning the Intercontinental title ladder match.

The New Day Def. The League of Nations - WWE Tag Titles Match.

Kalisto Def. Ryback - U.S Title Match

Chris Jericho Def. Aj Styles

Dean Ambrose Def. Brock Lesner.

In what was a war between both men. Both were left bloodied in the ring, but it looked like Brock was going to pick up the win, until the Wyatt family attacked. Assaulting Lesner with various weapons, with Bray Wyatt hitting a Sister Abigail on the Beast before laying Ambrose on top for the win.

Shane McMahon Def. The Undertaker - Shane McMahon gains control of Raw.

In what was a crazy match with Shane missing an elbow drop onto Taker from the top of the cell. It looked like Shane was done after this until Taker was attacked by a masked man. He assaulted Taker with a steel chain wrapped around his fist. The masked man revealed himself to be....SAMOA JOE. Joe then hits two muscle busters onto steel chairs onto Undertaker and then choked the Undertaker unconscuious, before lying Shane McMahon on top of him for the win.

Sasha Banks Def. Charlotte & Becky Lynch - New WWE Women's Champion.

The Rock wins the Andre the Giant Battle Royale

Roman Reigns Def. Triple H - New WWE Champion

He recived a mixed response but Reigns finally gets his Wrestlemania moment. Hitting Hunter with three consecutive spears to keep him down and win the title.

-- END OF SHOW --

Thanks Mistaken. I have just posted a Wrestlemania recap but as you can see it isn't anywhere near as detailed as the NxT one.

The plan going forward now is to post an Nxt Show, followed by a WWE Recap (Quick recap of what is happening on Raw/Smackdown/PPV)

I might do some detailed look at what is happening in WWE if I feel it is relevant but for now my focus is purely NxT.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/3/39/NXT_Logo_2_2.png/revision/latest?cb=20140721205058

Nxt News

After an eventful weekend. NxT GM William Regal has made some big announcements regarding Nxt’s future.

It has been confirmed that Sami Zayn has wrestled his last match in NxT and he has been official promoted to the main roster.

Mr Regal also stated that after Samoa Joe’s actions at Wrestlemania. He will not be appearing on any future NxT events until the WWE board have decided what punishment, if any, he will receive for attacking the Undertaker.

This means that NxT requires a new No 1 contender. Mr Regal has announced that over the next three weeks we will see 3 singles matches, with the winners of each match facing off in a triple threat match No 1 contender’s match. That will start this week with our 1st match. Austin Aries Vs Elias Samson.

Bayley put her body on the line at Takeover: Dallas and was able to just walk away with the Nxt women’s title around her waist. The is no rest for Bayley as she has a non title match against Alexa Bliss.

Also, on NxT this week. The Revival will warm up for their upcoming Tag Title rematch when they take on the Hype Bros. and we have more women’s action as Nia Jax goes 1 on 1 with Carmella.

Nxt Match predictions

The Revival Vs. The Hype Bros.

Nia Jax Vs. Carmella.

Bayely vs. Alexa Bliss.

Austin Aries Vs. Elias Samson.

Nxt Match predictions

The Revival Vs. The Hype Bros. To give them a claim to the title

Nia Jax Vs. Carmella. Can be slowly built up to be a credible threat to Bayley which she wasn't really the 1st time they fought irl.

Bayely vs. Alexa Bliss. Although wouldn't be surprised with an interference

Austin Aries Vs. Elias Samson. Keeping his momentum

Nice start and I like the idea of just doing nxt but posting updates on main roster.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t112/thetramp_photos/NXT/LOGO_zps218ce2b5.png

NXT - Wednesday, April Week 1

Tom Phillips and Corey Graves welcome us to NxT, 1 week removed from Takeover: Dallas, and a massive show in store.

Carmella Vs Nia Jax W/Eva Marie

Nia Jax kicks off NxT trying to get herself back into the Women's title picture, but she certainly has her hands full with Carmella, who has been improving every week. Nia Jax superior strength is clear for all to see. She has no problem throwing Carmella around at will. Carmella's will is strong, though as she battles back and is able to send Nia to the outside. Carmella goes for the suicide dive through the ropes, but Nia (With prior warning from Eva Marie) is able to catch Carmella, and slam her back into the ring apron. After that Carmella is easy pickings as Nia throws her back in the ring and hits a leg drop for the win.

Winner - Nia Jax

-----------

Backstage we go to find Jojo.

JoJo - My guest at this time, is the NxT champion, Finn Balor. Finn, what are your thoughts on your victory at NxT Takeover.

Balor - Jojo, my match with Samoa Joe was arguably the toughest of my career. But I proved that I can handle anything he could throw at me, and I am not ready to relinquish this title to anyone. I don't want to think about my match at Takeover. I just want to get ready for whatever challenges are coming my way in the future...

As Balor finishes talking, he tails off as he is shocked by the sight of someone walking towards him. The camera pans round to show.... Hideo Itami.

Itami - Finn Balor, it's been a long time. You have come along way since I was last here in Nxt. All the way to the Nxt title, but now, I am back. I'll be returning to the ring soon and when I return. I plan on letting no one stop me getting to the top of NxT.

Both men have an intense stare down as we fade away for the next match.

--------

The Hype Bros Vs. The Revival

The Revival are preparing for their rematch with American Alpha but have a tough test here against the Hype Bros. Living up to their name, the Hype bros start with a high energy approach, almost catching the Revival off guard and stealing an early win. The Revival is able to ride the storm and eventually isolate Mojo Rawley and hitting a Shatter Machine for the win.

Winners - The Revival

-------

We head backstage to find Bayley, with strapping on her right arm from her brutal match at Takeover. She is warming up for her match against Alexa Bliss which is next.

--------

Alexa Bliss Vs Bayley - Non Title Match

Bayley clear isn't 100% here and Alexa Bliss waste no time in taking the fight to the champion. Targeting her weak right shoulder and arm with knee strikes, a tight hammer lock and stomps on the injured arm. Bayley is incredibly resilient though and is able to battle back strong against Alexa, knocking her down with double forearms and an exploder suplex, as she seems to be setting up for a Bayley to belly, the music of Asuka hits. Bayley is distracted staring at the ramp for Asuka's entrance..but Asuka never arrives and instead Alexa rolls Bayley up and gets the 3 count. A massive non title win for Alexa Bliss.

Winner - Alexa Bliss

---------

Austin Aries Vs. Elias Samson

Austin Aries looks to build on his victory over Baron Corbin at NxT Takeover, while Samson is trying to bounce back in a big way. Aries is quickly in control, working Samson is various holds, trying to wear him down. However, when the action spills to the outside. Samson is able to cut him off and throw him into the steel steps. Samson then goes to work on Aries, but Aries refuses to stay down and battles back. He comes at Samson like a house on fire, hitting move after move until Samson doesn't know where he is. Finally Aries gets Samson up for a brainbuster and covers him for the 1, 2, 3. Austin Aries is in the triple threat no 1 contenders match.

Winner - Austin Aries

-- End of Show --

Results

Nia Jax Def. Carmella

The Revival Def. The Hype Bros

Alexa Bliss Def. Bayley

Austin Aries Def. Elias Samson

(well done to Dave_Scott for 4/4 on Predictions)

Wooo! Prediction game on point! :p Thank you for giving Alexa the win. Hopefully you start pushing her into the title scene, and give her the strap at some point. I liked the first show, maybe add some worker pictures? I feel like 75x75 pixels would fit the best with your style. Just a suggestion! :)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/b/b7/This_week_in_WWE_logo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150131210200

This Week in WWE

Raw Recap -

No sign of Vince McMahon or the Authority on raw this week. Shane McMahon comes out to applause, he is now in sole charge of Monday Night Raw. He thanks Samoa Joe, one of the “Indy Darlings” who has given his blood, sweat and tears to get here. He thanks him for helping secure his and the company's future.

Cody Rhodes Def. Kevin Owens in an Intercontinental title match. Owens is furious and tried to attack Rhodes after the match, but Sami Zayn makes the save.

Shane announces a 8 women's tournament to find the new No 1 contender. 1st round Natalya Def. Tamina. And the Debuting (Re-Debuting) Emma Def. Paige.

Shane says everyone has an opportunity in the WWE. He wants to see who is going to step up and take it.

Chris Jericho issues an open challenge, wants to prove he is still the best. It is answered by the returning Cesaro. Cesaro Def. Chris Jericho.

The New Day Def. The League of Nations in a Wrestlemania rematch. Post Match - Enzo & Cass debut and have some verbal sparring with the New Day.

The main event is a Make your name match. To see who is prepared to reach the top of the WWE... Two superstars start, as soon as 1 is defeated a new superstar enters.

Neville Vs Ryback - Ryback Wins

Ryback Vs Kane - Kane Wins

Kane Vs AJ Styles - Styles Wins

AJ Styles Vs The Miz - Styles Wins

Aj Styles Vs Dolph ZIggler - Styles Wins

Final Match - Aj Styles Vs Dean Ambrose - Ambrose Wins.

After the match Styles and Ambrose shake hands in the ring. Roman Reigns enters the ring. He congratulates Ambrose, telling him he will always be his brother, he also congratulates Styles saying it was a fantastic performance and he expects no less from a champion all over the world. He says he understands that he has a big target on his back, and anyone could be coming for him, including the two men in the ring with him now.. His message to Ambrose, to Aj and to all the boys in the back, is to Bring It. Ambrose and Reigns have a fist bump and Reigns leaves Ambrose and Aj in the ring to take the applause for their performance. As the two men are stood in the ring Samoa Joe enters through the crowd. He takes out Styles before attacking Ambrose. Muscle Buster to Ambrose, Muscle Buster to Styles. Reigns just watches from the top of the ramp, but doesn’t try to stop Joe’s attack.

The suddenly the light’s go out and we hear the crow strike. When they come back on the Wyatt’s are scattered around various points of the arena. Bray Wyatt is on the announce table. He eerily chants Roman’s name. to end the show.

Smackdown Recap -

Rhodes, Kalisto & Sin Cara Def. Rusev, Alberto Del Rio & King Barrett W/Sheamus. Post Match Barrett is attacked by the rest of the League of Nations.

Becky Lynch Def. Naomi to advance.

Samoa Joe debuts in ring and defeats Darren Young in record time. Post match Ambrose & Styles storm the ring but Joe makes his getaway.

Dudley Boys Def. Golden Truth

Sami Zayn Def. Ryback. Post match Zayn is attacked by Owens.

The Wyatt Family Def. The Uso’s - Bray tells the Uso’s to "let Roman know".

Main Event - Dean Ambrose & AJ Styles Def. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens. Post match Sami Zayn attacks Owens to end the show.

So this is how my recap will look most weeks. Pretty basic with some more detail on important matches/angles. It’s not likely to be anymore detailed than this. IF anyone has any advice/suggestions for improving the formatting I’m all ears as I am new to this.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140721205058

Nxt Preview.

This week on Nxt see's the return of the NxT champion to Full Sail.

Finn Balor hasn't been in action since that gruelling match with Samoa Joe at Takeover: Dallas, but this week he takes on Rich Swann in a non title match, in what is a massive opportunity for the Nxt rookie.

In our 2nd qualifying match for the No 1 contender's triple threat. Baron Corbin looks to bounce back from his loss at Takeover, as he takes on Apollo Crews with the winner advancing.

We also have tag team action as Blake & Murphy take on the new NxT Tag Team champions, American Alpha in a non title match.

And Finally, Nia Jax aims to keep her hot streak going. After victory over Carmella last week, this week she faces up and comer Peyton Royce.

NxT Match predictions

Finn Balor Vs. Rich Swann

Apollo Crews Vs. Baron Corbin

Nia Jax Vs. Peyton Royce

American Alpha Vs. Blake & Murphy

Wooo! Prediction game on point! :p Thank you for giving Alexa the win. Hopefully you start pushing her into the title scene, and give her the strap at some point. I liked the first show, maybe add some worker pictures? I feel like 75x75 pixels would fit the best with your style. Just a suggestion! :)

Thanks for the input. I think introducing pictures would be a good idea. I have a picture pack I have in game, but I'm not the best with computers, wouldn't be sure how to upload them into a thread and I don't have the patience to upload them all to a site like photobucket for future use. If you (or anyone) knows of pre uploaded photos in the 75x75 format or similar that the creator is happy to be used then please direct me that way.

Many thanks

Thanks for the input. I think introducing pictures would be a good idea. I have a picture pack I have in game, but I'm not the best with computers, wouldn't be sure how to upload them into a thread and I don't have the patience to upload them all to a site like photobucket for future use. If you (or anyone) knows of pre uploaded photos in the 75x75 format or similar that the creator is happy to be used then please direct me that way.

Many thanks

Using Imgur is fast and you're able to select a re-size option to 75x75. All you do is click on the image and copy the link that starts with . The image will automatically appear in the thread. :)

Archived