Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-cite="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How many years does it take for an event to raise importance? And how many levels of it are there? I always create a company and have never gotten it past normal in 4 years of gameplay.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The event has to get a very good rating each time. Mine normally rises within a few years so maybe just keep going for a couple more years. The highest level is Historic I think and I think there's about 3 levels</p>

Not sure if its a bug or design flaw. But there was a bidding war between 3 AI companies (all cult size) and I decided to get in there. So I tried to negotiate with the worker, and he said he wasn't interested in my company because he felt I was too small for him. I'm a cult size promotion (same as the other bidders) and I'm currently the number one promotion in the world. What reason for this would there be?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ak47_al123" data-cite="ak47_al123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I currently running a 90 minutes show with a lots of short matches and statements (~7 mins for matchs, ~2 mins for statements and ~15 mins for main event), do I need to claim the crowd with such a short show? Or what exactly a "perfect show" should be for a 90 mins show?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not an expert on this but from my short experience, I'd say:</p><p> </p><p> * Angles should be at least 4 minutes and set as "Major" if you want them to have decent ratings AND some effect on workers' popularity. This might explain why your backstage people are not rising.</p><p> </p><p> * I'm currently studying PFS/Crowd Management and in a small company with no match/angle going beyond D+ rating, I'm not getting crowd notes beyond "this got the crowd buzzing". Never got exhaustion/burn out. I experimented on a save yesterday and using a calm the crowd match had no visible effect on subsequent matches nor the show rating. I think calming the crowd is only useful IF you get notes saying you burn it out. Otherwise, let them do their best.</p>

<p>Started a game as SWF and have some old title belt pics I imported in from a previous version</p><p> </p><p>

Was curious if anyone knew if the Sky Club, Uprising or Shooting Star belts had specific functions? Or did I likely just download custom belts from someone back in the day?</p><p> </p><p>

Tried googling, but didn't find anything</p><p> </p><p>

If they were random pics I saved, any suggestions on how to use those belts?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="darth_cuscus" data-cite="darth_cuscus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if its a bug or design flaw. But there was a bidding war between 3 AI companies (all cult size) and I decided to get in there. So I tried to negotiate with the worker, and he said he wasn't interested in my company because he felt I was too small for him. I'm a cult size promotion (same as the other bidders) and I'm currently the number one promotion in the world. What reason for this would there be?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It seems that the AI has that advantage over human players. I run into that a lot, as I usually play as cult or regional companies</p>

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="darth_cuscus" data-cite="darth_cuscus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The company needs to be in debt. However, depending on the owner's personality, they will not agree to a takeover unless they've been in debt for a while. Some will sell as soon as they're in debt while some will drag it on as long as they can. When and if they agree to a takeover, you have three options, pillage, disband and keep them as a child company. Disband does what it says. Pillage you choose what assets you want to keep (workers, titles, events or any tv shows) and the last is where they remain as a child company/developmental territory for you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So if I'm USPW and take over MAW it wouldn't make a lot of sense to just pillage since it's a useful development fed and guys aren't ready... but if I took over TCW I could be like WWE/WCW and just pillage their best talent?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kiheiji" data-cite="Kiheiji" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does a worker's sexuality affect anything other than who they could date/marry?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> At one point there was a homophobia owner goal where they wouldn't let you hire gay or bisexual workers. Hopefully it was taken out.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ixion" data-cite="ixion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can I give a mask from one worker to another?</div></blockquote><p> No. You cannot.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CPBHBK" data-cite="CPBHBK" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I send someone on an excursion?</div></blockquote><p> You don't. It's an automatic thing for young Japanese workers only.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michael20001" data-cite="michael20001" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is there a way to make titles you own belong to another company? say i wanted to remake WCW in 2005 and give them all their titles that WWE owns</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Only before the game starts, but not once a save has been started.</p>

Has anyone every booked a tournament title to end with a draw or SE finish? I'm curious to know how that goes down in the title in the history....

To be more precise, I'm coming up on the King of the Ring and thinking about have a finish where it's a german-suplex and both guys get their shoulders counted to the mat...It'll lead to a SummerSlam blow-off between the two workers...

<p>Can't finding anything via search, figured I'd ask here.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

So I just ran my first show with a company I made in the 1997 C-Verse. Despite being an E- in the region I held it (Eastern Europe) and having a C rated show, I didn't gain any popularity from it. Anyone have any idea how that happened?</p><p> </p><p>

Obviously it's not a B show, and while the industry is on the lower side of things (E+) I don't think that's stopped me in the past from getting at least *some* popularity for a good show.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: Nevermind, the wrestling industry *is* tanked and I misread. Whelp, the more you know!</p>

How long can a save last? Like is there a max number of years or can you die?

I've been playing this series for 3 years, but I've never played a really giant save.

There's no limit.You don't die.

Has anyone every booked a tournament title to end with a draw or SE finish? I'm curious to know how that goes down in the title in the history....

To be more precise, I'm coming up on the King of the Ring and thinking about have a finish where it's a german-suplex and both guys get their shoulders counted to the mat...It'll lead to a SummerSlam blow-off between the two workers...

No entry is added to the lineage.

What's the point of masks in the game?

In reaction to the answer saying they can't be passed down to another worker -- I thought that was the whole point, passing down prestige, or at least some of it. So if not, then why would one put a mask on a worker? And possibly, why would you not do it on everyone (assuming it gives a bonus)?

If I have a two-brand brand split, is it more effective for my workers' popularity if I book two PPVs/events a month with one for each brand, or if I book one event a month and alternate brands (January would be A brand, February would be B brand, etc)?

Finances aren't much of an issue at the moment, just want to maximize my workers' popularity to keep up in the national races and such.

What's the point of masks in the game?

In reaction to the answer saying they can't be passed down to another worker -- I thought that was the whole point, passing down prestige, or at least some of it. So if not, then why would one put a mask on a worker? And possibly, why would you not do it on everyone (assuming it gives a bonus)?

:):):)

You can't pass the mask on to another worker, but when they retire if they're set as a legacy a new character can generate continuing the tradition of the mask.

Prestige itself comes into play when you unmask someone in a match. If their mask is high prestige theyll most likely want compensation for losing the mask as its a part of their identity. High prestige unmaskings also generally do better rating wise.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about active wrestling career? Is that the same, that you never retire?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its up to you to choose your role, so you can retire when you want. Your skills do decline, so eventually you will be broken down and poor in the ring</p>

<p>For choosing what to be rated on, does it simply come down to numbers?</p><p> </p><p>

If I have a guy rated 50 menace, and 45 pop, rate him on menace. But when he reaches 51 pop, rate him on overness for better ratings?</p><p> </p><p>

Anything more to it than that?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This might be in the category of stupid questions, but when differentiating between finishing moves, what's the difference between an impact move and a pinfall move?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always assumed a pinfall move was a move that had a pin as part of it (like a splash), but an impact move is like most finishers where you do the move and then pin them (like a ddt)</p>