Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Does anybody know if the income for events with a subscription broadcaster go to a different place than usual?

My "PPV revenue" section under finance was between 2-4mil every month when using the North America Prime Select and Rivera PPV deals that SWF start with, but I did 3 shows with a Reverie subscription deal and those months all say 0 for PPV revenue.

I can't see that money made up anywhere else in my finances. Did I really lose 4 mil because I was on a subscription deal, or am I missing something and there is no income for subscription deals other than ticket sales?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="darth_cuscus" data-cite="darth_cuscus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Mostly true. Im not sure if its a bug with my game but I've got someone down in developmental to "work down there" and he keeps emailing me saying he wants to be called up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on his popularity. If he's too popular for the Dev territory then he won't want to wrestle there. If he's a dude who's yet to even debut on the main roster then he shouldn't have a problem. I'm the number one company in the world and have sent all kinds of workers to developmental territory and the only one that kept begging to come back was a main eventer with 80 pop.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Thystone" data-cite="Thystone" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anybody know if the income for events with a subscription broadcaster go to a different place than usual?<p> My "PPV revenue" section under finance was between 2-4mil every month when using the North America Prime Select and Rivera PPV deals that SWF start with, but I did 3 shows with a Reverie subscription deal and those months all say 0 for PPV revenue. </p><p> I can't see that money made up anywhere else in my finances. Did I really lose 4 mil because I was on a subscription deal, or am I missing something and there is no income for subscription deals other than ticket sales?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Reverie is all TV revenue</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KeyR1" data-cite="KeyR1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Change them to "work down there" and they won't bother you until you are ready to bring them up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That worked for a while but now Nakamura and Itami are bitching again.</p><p> </p><p> Urgh, wish they'd stop whining and just patiently wait until there's an opening. I'm planning to debut Nakamura as the guy to take the IC Belt from Miz so don't want to have to rush his debut because he's been a bitch.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tiger_Moth87" data-cite="Tiger_Moth87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That worked for a while but now Nakamura and Itami are bitching again.<p> </p><p> Urgh, wish they'd stop whining and just patiently wait until there's an opening. I'm planning to debut Nakamura as the guy to take the IC Belt from Miz so don't want to have to rush his debut because he's been a bitch.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nakamura and Itami are big names in Japan and big names aren't going to be okay with slumming it for too long.</p>

<p>I have a question about regional match grades...</p><p> </p><p>

I'm doing a RTG game, and am currently sitting a regional level fed, and in my home region have E+ importance and D- popularity. My product is Key: traditional, Heavy: lucha, modern, cult, pure, and Medium: risque and mainstream. I have two wrestlers putting on A and A* performances, but receiving a B grade for the match, and the only negative note I'm getting is, "there was a noticeable lack of flow in the middle, with nobody with psychology able to take control of the match," or something to that effect. My question is, is the grade being held back because of the size of my fed, because of the psychology skill of both wrestlers(I can't see their psych scores because scouting, but they're both within the Good to Excellent range), or some combination of both? </p><p> </p><p>

Any responses would be much appreciated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Truly" data-cite="Truly" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I forget, does it incur any expense if you own a developmental company? Not including any developmental workers I send down myself, what are the expenses if any of owning a developmental?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your dev company,just like you,will make a profit or a loss every month.Regardless of wich,you will absorb it.</p><p> </p><p> Let's say you are WWE.NXT makes 400,000 dollars in one month.If you go to Finances you'll se 400,000 dollars in the "Development" section on Income.If it loses 400,000,you'll get the same thing on Expenditure.</p>

Can you upgrade your child companies production values? Can't find it anywhere and don't want to see them hurt their show because of a cap that I can very easily cover. Plus they're turning a profit on their own so naturally upgrading would be a plausible thing as well.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you upgrade your child companies production values? Can't find it anywhere and don't want to see them hurt their show because of a cap that I can very easily cover. Plus they're turning a profit on their own so naturally upgrading would be a plausible thing as well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They do it themselves depending on size.</p>

<p>Events vs Shows</p><p> </p><p>

Back when I first started, I wasn't popular enough for any broadcasters to be interested in me, so I started running a weekly event in addition to my monthly event. Now, I've also got a tv show on another day of the week. Is there any reason not to keep my weekly event running? I feel like it violates the logic of the world to have more than a few events running each month, but I don't think it breaks anything. Anyone have any thoughts on this?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ElChorizo" data-cite="ElChorizo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Back when I first started, I wasn't popular enough for any broadcasters to be interested in me, so I started running a weekly event in addition to my monthly event. Now, I've also got a tv show on another day of the week. Is there any reason not to keep my weekly event running? I feel like it violates the logic of the world to have more than a few events running each month, but I don't think it breaks anything. Anyone have any thoughts on this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would think it would depend on whether or not the events are making enough to offset their additional costs, and if you think its worth it. Also, it's another weekly show to book, which can be tedious.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="phoxy" data-cite="phoxy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would think it would depend on whether or not the events are making enough to offset their additional costs, and if you think its worth it. Also, it's another weekly show to book, which can be tedious.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh it definitely offsets the cost. Right now my tv show is purely for expanding into markets that aren't covered by the Red de la Lucha deal (Mexico, PR, Mid South, and South West). So, my tv show loses me money every Friday since I'm trying to build popularity in regions that are either F or E level. However, I've still got the weekly Tuesday event that's sort of a catch-all and another weekly event on Saturdays that is purely for tag teams. Overall, I'm making a little over a million in profit each month, though it bounces around depending on whether I sign a new worker or build a new venue or something. These are both in addition to the pre-existing annual events each month. </p><p> </p><p> You're right though, it does get tedious sometimes when I'm engaged in a bidding war for one of my top stars and I have to wade through 3 nights of match-making in less than half a week.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Benjamin4011" data-cite="Benjamin4011" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question about regional match grades...<p> </p><p> I'm doing a RTG game, and am currently sitting a regional level fed, and in my home region have E+ importance and D- popularity. My product is Key: traditional, Heavy: lucha, modern, cult, pure, and Medium: risque and mainstream. I have two wrestlers putting on A and A* performances, but receiving a B grade for the match, and the only negative note I'm getting is, "there was a noticeable lack of flow in the middle, with nobody with psychology able to take control of the match," or something to that effect. My question is, is the grade being held back because of the size of my fed, because of the psychology skill of both wrestlers(I can't see their psych scores because scouting, but they're both within the Good to Excellent range), or some combination of both? </p><p> </p><p> Any responses would be much appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It would be their psychology holding them back. If pure ring work is giving them what would be A* rated matches, then I would guess that those ratings are far outstripping their psychology.</p>

<p>Anyone got a way to change TV and fan expectations?</p><p> </p><p>

My last episode of Smackdown somehow pulled in a rating of 41.62 and both Raw and Smackdown have been high for a while.</p><p> </p><p>

But I still keep getting bitched at by television companies because my show quality isn't meeting their requirements which seems a bit... weird. Surely the broadcast companies won't care about show quality as long as ratings are high?</p><p> </p><p>

Incidentally, 41.62 seems slightly unrealistic. Vince would have a heart attack if he pulled in those ratings.</p><p> </p><p>

Another thing, is there a way to change fan expections? They're expecting 3 storylines of 77 heat. I've got 5 storylines hovering around the 75 mark and a few more in the mid 60s. It's annoying so I want to make a change so the fans are less picky.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tiger_Moth87" data-cite="Tiger_Moth87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone got a way to change TV and fan expectations?<p> </p><p> My last episode of Smackdown somehow pulled in a rating of 41.62 and both Raw and Smackdown have been high for a while.</p><p> </p><p> But I still keep getting bitched at by television companies because my show quality isn't meeting their requirements which seems a bit... weird. Surely the broadcast companies won't care about show quality as long as ratings are high?</p><p> </p><p> Incidentally, 41.62 seems slightly unrealistic. Vince would have a heart attack if he pulled in those ratings.</p><p> </p><p> Another thing, is there a way to change fan expections? They're expecting 3 storylines of 77 heat. I've got 5 storylines hovering around the 75 mark and a few more in the mid 60s. It's annoying so I want to make a change so the fans are less picky.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To make Broadcasters stop complaining,change your Time slot to a worst one before they drop you.The 41.62 rating is a measure of all broacasters showing your event,not just one.About storylines,turn off strict storylines(it's on the tools icon)until you can have the right heat or altogether.It's kinda cheating,but the only way.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A worker of mine has signed a written contract with another company, but she's still hanging around. For how long can I use her in shows before she empties her locker and leaves for good?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go to Roster -> (worker name) and clcck on contract, it will tell you how long her contract has left there. If she's leaving a written deal with you then it will be when the deal would have run out normally, if she's leaving a PPA deal of any kind it will be 7 days. If it's a loan then she will still be available for the length of the loan, though those dates can clash with appearances in the new company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cultstatus" data-cite="cultstatus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone know the length a wrestler is out for when they film a movie? Hogan is going away in 3 months(At the end of February) and I'm wondering is this is going to **** with my plans to do the nWo angle in July?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually close to a year, I think. So, yes.</p>