Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="maxlanders" data-cite="maxlanders" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks you Biff ! I'm playing with a mod (Fleisch's september 2016 mod), so as for the angle it could come from here. This is why i'm asking if there is a way to have more angles by downloading juste one file from an other mod for instance.<p> </p><p> This game sounds awesome yeah ! But the transition from EWR is not easy, TEW is just... so complete and realistic ! For instance, the gain of overness is quite easy in EWR, and here in TEW the equivalent (reputation I guess) seems to be very long to gain. And also I have a lot of matches which are not in the right place in the card or have not the right purpose, and at the end of each show I have not enough interesting storylines for the moment, si these to things hurt the shows. As for now, my show are 61 to 72, not great ! But what I fear is about the broadcasting... they are never happy with the shows quality. I hope after doing a 4/5 month "try game", i'll will be ready to a real game !</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can play EWR mode if you don't enjoy the intricacy of TEW, but I could never go back that far, I love how detailed TEW is. It can take a long time to book shows because of that, especially if you book a lot of angles. That's why I use free style angle, it makes booking quicker and get the story line results i'm looking for, so easy. For instance, Kane vs Undertaker is my main event, Kane goes over via manager interference, to even the score the post match angle will be The Undertaker rated on overness getting success in the storyline, Paul Bearer rated on selling getting defeat in the storyline, and Kane rated on overness getting a minor defeat in the storyline. And in my mind I know that in the match Paul Bearer interfered and hit Taker with the urn and post match Taker raised up from the dead and clotheslined Kane over the top and hit Paul Bearer with a chokeslam.</p><p> </p><p> You can import angles though from any mod. I guess you just got to find a mod you like, I can't really recommend because I use freestyle. </p><p> </p><p> You should find my post on match aims and read a good outline of how to book a show to get better ratings. You need to be aware of perfect show theory.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="darth_cuscus" data-cite="darth_cuscus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There is a section for tribute shows in the database editor, is there supposed to be an in game option to hold tribute shows?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No they are independent events like Terry Funk's big retirement show in 97.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="01gognaa" data-cite="01gognaa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know or have a link to the differences between "body types"? I'm setting body types in the editor before starting a new game, but there's no "?" that clarifies the differences. Thanks in advance.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can anyone explain the differences in body types?</p>

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. The last shows I ran were all A level. And my popularity in all game areas are all on the rise. After advancing a day where I didn't run any shows, my company dropped in size from global to international. What reasons would there be for this? I'm in an alliance, I'm not part of any wars and my production values are the highest out of any company. Scratching my head any help would be much appreciated.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="darth_cuscus" data-cite="darth_cuscus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I'm in a bit of a pickle. The last shows I ran were all A level. And my popularity in all game areas are all on the rise. After advancing a day where I didn't run any shows, my company dropped in size from global to international. What reasons would there be for this? I'm in an alliance, I'm not part of any wars and my production values are the highest out of any company. Scratching my head any help would be much appreciated.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Most likely the importance of a region has decreased, which in turn has decreased the importance value of your company's popularity.</p>

A question from someone who has never played as WWE before in RW mods: wouldn't the WWE Network conflict with other broadcasters? Like say I have Monday Night Raw airing on USA Network, TEW 10 and TEW13 wouldn't have allowed another broadcaster like the WWE Network for the fact that they both air in a similiar region.

<p>Anyone else finding that tag matches are a bit overpowered in ratings?</p><p> </p><p>

Here are my top-10 matches:</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/iQkcnc6.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

9/10 are tag matches.</p><p> </p><p>

#3 in particular was striking; Dillon & Wolfsbane have no tag experience and are midcarders, while Thunder & Lightning are Upper Mid & Mid, and neither team has notable chemistry.</p><p> </p><p>

I've got some pretty good singles wrestlers, but they generally fall well behind tag matches.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Truly" data-cite="Truly" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A question from someone who has never played as WWE before in RW mods: wouldn't the WWE Network conflict with other broadcasters? Like say I have Monday Night Raw airing on USA Network, TEW 10 and TEW13 wouldn't have allowed another broadcaster like the WWE Network for the fact that they both air in a similiar region.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is why Raw and Smackdown do not air on The Network. It only other Programs that are not on USA.</p>

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. The last shows I ran were all A level. And my popularity in all game areas are all on the rise. After advancing a day where I didn't run any shows, my company dropped in size from global to international. What reasons would there be for this? I'm in an alliance, I'm not part of any wars and my production values are the highest out of any company. Scratching my head any help would be much appreciated.

What kind of an alliance are you a part of?

It's by all match ratings through that year. Usually the top 10 is dominated by Japanese feds in real world mods because of the touring schedule.

Wouldnt that be Average match rating though? If it is then why do some people in mine with better average match rating get lower then others?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theman98223" data-cite="theman98223" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where do you find the default TEW 2016 database?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Check the Patches thread.</p><p> </p><p> ---------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> Got a question about running two events on the same day. Theoretically, would I be able to run an 1 hr event broadcast on PPV, before a three hour event? Like would I be able to run a pre-show or sorts, similar to what UFC do with the prelims on FS1?</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Just tested, unfortunately not. What I can do is run an event on Saturday instead though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jack ryder" data-cite="jack ryder" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can I put two TV shows on a same time slot on a same day on the same broadcaster?If possible will it affect each other's ratings?</div></blockquote><p> I believe I tried doing that once and the broadcaster said they wouldn't give me that time slot.</p><p> </p><p> ----------------------------</p><p> </p><p> So I've been trying to get a wrestler over just on Sex Appeal in a popularity over performance product - average to below average in-ring skills, and a starting popularity of 18, but a Sex Appeal rating in the high nineties. My shows are getting ~30 million views each, and I've given her a solo 6-8 minute angle for the past 3 shows based solely on Sex Appeal which gave me an average rating of ~70 (plus a couple on my B-Show that gets ~1m views). But her popularity is still at 18. I know it's possible to increase popularity with just angles - my authority figure is gaining pop, and I had a returning star gain a little bit of pop off a solo Entertainment angle once.</p><p> </p><p> So what am I doing wrong? Is it because it's Sex Appeal angles or is there something else I'm missing?</p><p> </p><p> I know I can put her in matches to gain popularity faster but I wanted to see how fast she could gain popularity with just angles and now I'm just confused.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Looking at the data a bit I think she may have moved up about half a point. That is ridiculously slow.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bluestillidie00" data-cite="Bluestillidie00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Check the Patches thread.<p> </p><p> ---------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> Got a question about running two events on the same day. Theoretically, would I be able to run an 1 hr event broadcast on PPV, before a three hour event? Like would I be able to run a pre-show or sorts, similar to what UFC do with the prelims on FS1?</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Just tested, unfortunately not. What I can do is run an event on Saturday instead though.</p></div></blockquote><p> I don't see anything about the default database files in there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FTomato" data-cite="FTomato" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> So I've been trying to get a wrestler over just on Sex Appeal in a popularity over performance product - average to below average in-ring skills, and a starting popularity of 18, but a Sex Appeal rating in the high nineties. My shows are getting ~30 million views each, and I've given her a solo 6-8 minute angle for the past 3 shows based solely on Sex Appeal which gave me an average rating of ~70 (plus a couple on my B-Show that gets ~1m views). But her popularity is still at 18. I know it's possible to increase popularity with just angles - my authority figure is gaining pop, and I had a returning star gain a little bit of pop off a solo Entertainment angle once.</p><p> </p><p> So what am I doing wrong? Is it because it's Sex Appeal angles or is there something else I'm missing?</p><p> </p><p> I know I can put her in matches to gain popularity faster but I wanted to see how fast she could gain popularity with just angles and now I'm just confused.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are the angles minor or major? I don't think you can gain popularity from minor angles but I'm not sure.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theman98223" data-cite="theman98223" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are the angles minor or major? I don't think you can gain popularity from minor angles but I'm not sure.</div></blockquote><p> Major.</p><p> </p><p> Edit: Regarding your question about the default database: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533554" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533554</a> It's here. It's right under the patch for the exe.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theman98223" data-cite="theman98223" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't see anything about the default database files in there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In here.</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533554" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533554</a></p>