Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TowerOfDoom" data-cite="TowerOfDoom" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I believe that you need to have an excellent score on a show for several years before it changes in prestige. If I remember correctly, you need to have a show <p> be a smash hit in the 90's range for at least three years for it to improve in prestige. It also has to do with whether or not it is a season finale.</p><p> </p><p> If this is inaccurate, someone, please let me know.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It increases slightly if it isn't bad, and a lot if it's excellent. I checked mine in the database and my random PPVs had much less than my big 5. After four years my main one just got to highly regarded. That was with a high 80 and three mid 90 shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alec_Burkhardt" data-cite="Alec_Burkhardt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are the Economy and Wrestling Industry like? I also started with a Local company as well and have been getting the same note all the way into September. I'm currently getting D+ to C for my one hour weekly show ratings. However, in the U.S. the Economy started somewhere in the C range and has been falling (currently at D) and the Wrestling Industry has been some form of F (currently F+ and rising) the entire time, which I took to be the reason for no popularity gains. Basically the game just started with a bad set of conditions and I'm just weathering through it and developing my workers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Economy was a C- and the Wrestling Industry was a D.</p><p> </p><p> I ran four shows in one month, all in the same venue. A D+, E+, D and D-. We gained absolutely no popularity. I checked the in-game editor.</p>

<p>Developmental Trainers</p><p> </p><p>

Can I send multiple people down to my child company to train others? For instance, let's say I have several wrestlers in their late 30s, each of whom is still popular and can still go at a level that would benefit a smaller company, but they aren't going to be difference makers for me. Could I just send them all down to train others in my developmental territory, or are they just going to step on each others toes down there?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="km007" data-cite="km007" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Economy was a C- and the Wrestling Industry was a D.<p> </p><p> I ran four shows in one month, all in the same venue. A D+, E+, D and D-. We gained absolutely no popularity. I checked the in-game editor.</p></div></blockquote><p> So there you have your explanation - the mediocre economy coupled with a poor wrestling industry means that the shows didn't move the needle. I normally don't bother checking such things in the editor, but I did so now and have found that my popularity has gone from 0% to a mere 1.1% in my home region over 9 months running a weekly show. I suspect that all came in the last few months when I've had mostly C- to C shows and not in the first few when I was also putting on shows that were all in the D range.</p><p> </p><p> Realistically, if someone is going to start a 0/0/0 fed it probably would make sense to edit the initial industry and economy settings to make sure they fit with such a game, rather than being random or in a down period. Typically most people would not try to open a new business of any type during time periods where said industry is doing poorly and/or the overall economy is not doing well as it would generally lead to business failure. They might plan and work to get things set-up and ready, but the actual opening of the new business would probably be put on hold until such time that prospects look better. Unfortunately I don't think either can be edited once a game starts, but you can edit your funds to keep you alive if that becomes a problem before the world circumstances improve.</p>

So there you have your explanation - the mediocre economy coupled with a poor wrestling industry means that the shows didn't move the needle. I normally don't bother checking such things in the editor, but I did so now and have found that my popularity has gone from 0% to a mere 1.1% in my home region over 9 months running a weekly show. I suspect that all came in the last few months when I've had mostly C- to C shows and not in the first few when I was also putting on shows that were all in the D range.

Realistically, if someone is going to start a 0/0/0 fed it probably would make sense to edit the initial industry and economy settings to make sure they fit with such a game, rather than being random or in a down period. Typically most people would not try to open a new business of any type during time periods where said industry is doing poorly and/or the overall economy is not doing well as it would generally lead to business failure. They might plan and work to get things set-up and ready, but the actual opening of the new business would probably be put on hold until such time that prospects look better. Unfortunately I don't think either can be edited once a game starts, but you can edit your funds to keep you alive if that becomes a problem before the world circumstances improve.

You could edit it once the game started by using a narrative...however in my experience narrative, even with strength effects of 1, have a significant impact on industry and economy.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ElChorizo" data-cite="ElChorizo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can I send multiple people down to my child company to train others? For instance, let's say I have several wrestlers in their late 30s, each of whom is still popular and can still go at a level that would benefit a smaller company, but they aren't going to be difference makers for me. Could I just send them all down to train others in my developmental territory, or are they just going to step on each others toes down there?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd also like to know. What are the traits of a good trainer? I assume it's respect and second row stats, but they should have good first line skills too, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Perpetual Nirvana" data-cite="Perpetual Nirvana" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to get a development territory belt to change hands other than calling the guy up and having it vacated? I want to call up Finn Balor but he won't drop the NXT title.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can replace him with someone else and select it to be a new title reign. Just have to assume it was changed on a house show. There is not a way to have him lose on an actual scheduled show.</p>

<p>I was planning a new SWF game, as a part of the plan the North American Title is to become an Upper Mid-Card/Lower End Main Event Title.</p><p> </p><p>

However I also need a new SWF midcard title belt, that isn't the TV Title, the United States Title, the Intercontinental Title or any other Title with special conditions/gimmicks (Hardcore, Cruiserweight etc.) so do you guys have any good ideas?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If a member of the roster is set as "Gatekeeper", meaning that he won't mind losing to people at his level or above, but his in-ring push is set to Occasional wrestler, what exactly is "his level or above" rated on? The workers popularity?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> His push. Occasional Main event will only be okay with losing to main event guys regardless of full time or part time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was planning a new SWF game, as a part of the plan the North American Title is to become an Upper Mid-Card/Lower End Main Event Title.<p> </p><p> However I also need a new SWF midcard title belt, that isn't the TV Title, the United States Title, the Intercontinental Title or any other Title with special conditions/gimmicks (Hardcore, Cruiserweight etc.) so do you guys have any good ideas?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like to make my Midcard titles Upstart or Underdog.</p>

I was planning a new SWF game, as a part of the plan the North American Title is to become an Upper Mid-Card/Lower End Main Event Title.

However I also need a new SWF midcard title belt, that isn't the TV Title, the United States Title, the Intercontinental Title or any other Title with special conditions/gimmicks (Hardcore, Cruiserweight etc.) so do you guys have any good ideas?

Maybe an SWF Heritage championship would do?

I was planning a new SWF game, as a part of the plan the North American Title is to become an Upper Mid-Card/Lower End Main Event Title.

However I also need a new SWF midcard title belt, that isn't the TV Title, the United States Title, the Intercontinental Title or any other Title with special conditions/gimmicks (Hardcore, Cruiserweight etc.) so do you guys have any good ideas?

Impact has the Grand Championship, maybe have the Supreme Title.

If I was to create a working agreement (playing as WCW in 91) with companies in regions I want to gain popularity in (namely the UK, Europe, and Canada), would I benefit from swapping talent with them to make my stars on their roster more popular in those regions...thus making my company more popular (especially in TV ratings) in the overall bigger picture? Or would this not work?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the difference between a Child and a Developmental company in terms of what actions you're allowed to take with one?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> None.The only thing that changes is that a Dev territory will only use talent you hire,while Child Companies can hire them like any other.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="holydogg" data-cite="holydogg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In previous version, it was quite easy to have a parent relationship with a smaller fed. This time, I got rejection everytime I tried. <p> </p><p> Any of you managed to do this with this version of TEW?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They have to be in debt for a few months before you can buy them. </p><p> </p><p> I've never succeeded in asking them to be a child company but I've bought every dying company and made the dev territories</p>

<p>Is there any reason why my sponsorship income has dropped so much? I can't work out why. I've gained 10 points of pop since May so I'm unsure why it's dropped.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/TCcf79P.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

The estimated is really high too:</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://imgur.com/fDk6hDz.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

Thanks.</p>

<p>TheJG, here are some reasons of why that would happen:</p><p> </p><p>

- You recently changed some (or even just one) of your product settings to a less sponsorship friendly setting.</p><p> </p><p>

- If you're the booker your owner has been changing the product without your knowledge. You can look in your product settings to see if this is the case.</p><p> </p><p>

- The wrestling industry in your regions where you have significant popularity has dropped significantly.</p><p> </p><p>

- You've been the victim of a rival promotion's dirty tricks. Possibly the sponsorship snipe. This would have generated a news story when it was first done.</p><p> </p><p>

Those are all the reasons that I can think of. There may be others though.</p>