Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Things to go for in squash matches:

- Match goes on for 10-15 minutes top

Personally I would say this is too long, I tried a dominating squash match but made it ten minutes and got the note that this was too long for a dominate booking

I would suggest a true squash is under 5min and possibly under 3min in game terms.

I was trying to replicate the idea of the monster toying with them before destroying them for the win, however I don't think the game interprets it that way.

So now its a quick 1-3min match and then a 10m min promo/angle or visa-versa

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smw88" data-cite="smw88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Personally I would say this is too long, I tried a dominating squash match but made it ten minutes and got the note that this was too long for a dominate booking<p> </p><p> I would suggest a true squash is under 5min and possibly under 3min in game terms.</p><p> </p><p> I was trying to replicate the idea of the monster toying with them before destroying them for the win, however I don't think the game interprets it that way.</p><p> </p><p> So now its a quick 1-3min match and then a 10m min promo/angle or visa-versa</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the help on Squash matches guys. </p><p> * Is Dominate a match type that it needs to be? I could have sworn it popped up on an Open Match that it was a well-executed squash?</p><p> </p><p> * Monster toying with somebody. Use the Angle "Monster Unleashed" and have the supporting character be the opponent. Run the angle right before the match. Right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the help on Squash matches guys. <p> * Is Dominate a match type that it needs to be? I could have sworn it popped up on an Open Match that it was a well-executed squash?</p><p> </p><p> * Monster toying with somebody. Use the Angle "Monster Unleashed" and have the supporting character be the opponent. Run the angle right before the match. Right?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think it has to be, but I would presume it can help.</p><p> If a match was Open I would not expect that to be the outcome by definition.</p><p> </p><p> I almost always you freestyle angles so not sure on the second point</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="edenborn" data-cite="edenborn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>An Owner Goal question:<p> </p><p> "Owner is feeling vindictive; targeted wrestler must not gain any more popularity in America."</p><p> </p><p> With this goal, can the wrestler safely lose and gain back popularity points so long as the grand total stays under the current level? Or will any regain of popularity count as a failed goal?</p><p> </p><p> In other words, if I get this goal for a wrestler with 60 popularity across America, can I take it down to 50 and then back up to 58 without a problem?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As far as I'm aware, in my non-extensive knowledge, the wrestler can lose popularity and then regain it. Just as long as they don't go over the number they were at when the goal was set.</p><p> So, you can drop to 50, jump to 58. Just don't take him over 60.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sco xY2Jx" data-cite="Sco xY2Jx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As far as I'm aware, in my non-extensive knowledge, the wrestler can lose popularity and then regain it. Just as long as they don't go over the number they were at when the goal was set.<p> So, you can drop to 50, jump to 58. Just don't take him over 60.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is also the result I have seen. Just don't pass the numbers at the time the goal was presented and you should be just fine.</p>

<p>If I create a venue to work as a TV studio where I film all my TV, what penalties am I looking at for other regions?</p><p> </p><p>

So if I run all of my TV in the South East, and then my Events in other regions, will I lose popularity for not running shows in other regions as much?</p>

I have a poor performing worker on a pay-per-show contract with about 2 years left on contract. I don't want to use him anymore. Is there a way I can "fire" him or remove him from my roster? Does having him on the roster and if I don't use him have any negative effect?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BKL1976" data-cite="BKL1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a poor performing worker on a pay-per-show contract with about 2 years left on contract. I don't want to use him anymore. Is there a way I can "fire" him or remove him from my roster? Does having him on the roster and if I don't use him have any negative effect?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Three options:</p><p> </p><p> 1. Anger him until he quits. Considering you have so little amount of opportunities with him, once a month, this might be very tedious.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Put him on vacation, change his name to "z", and just forget about him until his contract runs out. </p><p> </p><p> 3. Fire him. Why are people so unwilling to fire people?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Three options:<p> </p><p> 3. Fire him. Why are people so unwilling to fire people?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If they're on a written contract and you fire them without just cause, then there's a strong chance they'll sue, win and take a hefty sum of money from you. So the unwillingness may stem from that.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BKL1976" data-cite="BKL1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a poor performing worker on a pay-per-show contract with about 2 years left on contract. I don't want to use him anymore. Is there a way I can "fire" him or remove him from my roster? Does having him on the roster and if I don't use him have any negative effect?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If he's on a PPA deal, you can just fire him without any problems. If he's liked backstage you might end up with a few other unhappy workers but that's a risk to take if you don't want him anymore.</p>

So, I'm playing the Ruthless Aggression mod (imported to TEW 16) and just simming years as unemployed to see what happens and I've noticed a number of workers have changed their pictures with time. Does anyone know how that happens and how to program that to happen with other workers? I know you can do it through narratives, but all the workers that have changed picture so far don't appear to have done so that way.

<p>You can set workers in the editor to use different photos at different points in time. Whether it coincides with birthdays or calendar years I don't remember, but it allows you to simulate the aging process.</p><p> </p><p>

You can also pre-set workers' alter-egos so that, when arriving in a company they choose from however many pre-set gimmicks/characters with the photos set accordingly - For example, Mick Foley might always appear in WCW as Cactus Jack, but if he moves to WWF he might have a 70% chance of debuting as Mankind, 20% as Cactus and 10% as Dude Love.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sco xY2Jx" data-cite="Sco xY2Jx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If they're on a written contract and you fire them without just cause, then there's a strong chance they'll sue, win and take a hefty sum of money from you. So the unwillingness may stem from that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, that only happens on incidents. I fire people all the time and that's never happened.</p>

<p>How do you gain the loyalty of young lions in Japan? Is there a checklist of prerequisites somewhere?</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: Also, while I'm on the subject, how stiff are the penalties for pushing a young lion? Some on my roster (Masahiro Chono, Vader, etc.) are still young lions, so they lose all the time, despite Chono's 92 star quality.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ultra Mantis" data-cite="Ultra Mantis" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, I'm playing the Ruthless Aggression mod (imported to TEW 16) and just simming years as unemployed to see what happens and I've noticed a number of workers have changed their pictures with time. Does anyone know how that happens and how to program that to happen with other workers? I know you can do it through narratives, but all the workers that have changed picture so far don't appear to have done so that way.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You go to the data editor pre-game, and then go to edit database and go to the ager tab.</p>

Three options:

1. Anger him until he quits. Considering you have so little amount of opportunities with him, once a month, this might be very tedious.

2. Put him on vacation, change his name to "z", and just forget about him until his contract runs out.

3. Fire him. Why are people so unwilling to fire people?

How do you fire him? What are the steps/menu items to select in the game to make this happen?

If I create a venue to work as a TV studio where I film all my TV, what penalties am I looking at for other regions?

So if I run all of my TV in the South East, and then my Events in other regions, will I lose popularity for not running shows in other regions as much?

Anybody got any insight into this?