Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Funnily enough, the workers mentioning they want a callup mechanic was added because people didn't like it when you called up a worker who had been stewing silently about being in development and had enormous morale penalties.

Can't please everyone with this one, I guess. :p

I think it'd make a bit more sense for your trainer/booker/whatever to let you know a guy is too good for developmental or he's having lower morale to perform than wrestlers directly complaining.

Why isn't there a hard cap on how often wrestlers can ask for raises or beg to be brought up from development?

It feels like the desire to "stop cheaters" is prioritized to a point where irritating the player is acceptable.

I dislike "annoy the player because someone might cheat" model. So what if someone cheats! There, I said it! I don't give a flippity flop if someone decides to edit all their contracts to 0, and signs a few overqualified guys as Dev Trainers. It just seems like the Anti-Cheating thing is infringing on normal players. Ugh.

There's enough features that allow you to make the game pretty much a playground that it's a bit silly to say that the game has an "annoy the player because someone might cheat" model. It's pretty clear the game doesn't care if you cheat with how many things you can turn off.

Funnily enough, the workers mentioning they want a callup mechanic was added because people didn't like it when you called up a worker who had been stewing silently about being in development and had enormous morale penalties.

Can't please everyone with this one, I guess. :p

I'd rather a once in a while penalty rather than an email every stinking week. I don't call people up on a whim if I don't have plans for them. Sometimes I have a very good worker in development longer than he needs to be there because the territory needs him to continue to grow itself. The worker also benefits (in my situation at least) from being seen by a world wide audience and getting waaaaay more exposure than if he were beating the world in some nothing indy.

I highly doubt Kevin Owens was sending whiny emails to Vince every week begging to be called up. Then when called up I doubt he was in a pissy mood. It was quite clear what was happening.

I'd rather a once in a while penalty rather than an email every stinking week. I don't call people up on a whim if I don't have plans for them. Sometimes I have a very good worker in development longer than he needs to be there because the territory needs him to continue to grow itself. The worker also benefits (in my situation at least) from being seen by a world wide audience and getting waaaaay more exposure than if he were beating the world in some nothing indy.

I highly doubt Kevin Owens was sending whiny emails to Vince every week begging to be called up. Then when called up I doubt he was in a pissy mood. It was quite clear what was happening.

Don't sign people you don't have plans for seems like solution :cool: They'll probably make more money working multiple indy gigs than they are in your territory anyways.

Kevin Owens & NXT is a poor example anyways. NXT works a lot more like a 3rd brand than a FCW/OVW did which were more traditional developmental companies.

Don't sign people you don't have plans for seems like solution :cool: They'll probably make more money working multiple indy gigs than they are in your territory anyways.

Kevin Owens & NXT is a poor example anyways. NXT works a lot more like a 3rd brand than a FCW/OVW did which were more traditional developmental companies.

But I do have plans for them. They may debut at the Rumble, or after Mania. I'm just not gonna slot them into RAW the next week because they complained. That's not generally how that works in any capacity, WWE or otherwise. Their emails also just create clutter I mass delete, sometimes missing something important because it was buried.

Also I wouldn't discount the Owens example as so many of our players play as WWE anyway, or have set up some sort of equivalent where the worker would stand to benefit tremendously by just working the development. Even if they never make the main roster their profile dramatically improves upon going back to the indys.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What causes a worker's star quality to spike? I have a worker that had a pretty noticeable 5 point star quality jump and I'm not sure what contributed to it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Did his body type change at all?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Icecold" data-cite="Icecold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did his body type change at all?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, body type hasn't changed and he's gone from just under 95 start quality to 100.</p>

<p>The people in my company complaining are:</p><p>

1. a group of under 22 year old's with very little overness. I want to let them get some time in my Child Company to round them out, and get some overness on my broadcaster before I bring them in for B-shows and Dark matches. They've been with the company less than 8 months. </p><p>

2. A tag team of trainers both over 40 (one 46 and just entered decline), and "I gain no benefit from being a trainer". Well, you sirs, will sit there and rot for the rest of your careers until you retire or quit because if I ever bring you back, even for a one-off of some kind, I know that you'll be so deep in the negative that it will be too much trouble. </p><p> </p><p>

Luckily, I haven't gotten the really angry "bring me up or release me" notices yet. I like to give people at least 2 years, if not at least 12 full months so that I can plan their debuts around the releases of other stars I have. I've also sent several people to "just work down there" and they don't seem to complain about that.. But the same people do complain about being used as trainers despite having 78 basics and 84 psychology. Maybe the basics need to be 80? If so, I will put them out to pasture and find a replacement who I can use.</p><p> </p><p>

I am still getting used to actually using child companies. I plan to start one in each game area so I can develop stars in each area that are in tune with my product, gaining popularity in my game area regardless where in the world they're from. Being on my network and all. However, my first one is starting to give me some slow aches and I might look for a different path forward instead.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Edit: I really wish that we could sign Developmental deals that permit the worker to take bookings elsewhere like a PPA Developmental.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, body type hasn't changed and he's gone from just under 95 start quality to 100.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did he appear in a movie or do anything like that?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did he appear in a movie or do anything like that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Nope, as far as I can tell he didn't do a movie or anything. He's been in my company the entire time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody try taking a national company off of Monthly PPV events and instead going the subscription service route or even running the events only on commercial television?<p> </p><p> Is there a significant financial penalty? Is it sustainable at that level (or even at mid-Cult level)?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> WCW in my game were at Cult and I tried running the Clash shows on TV rather than PPV. I think it made about ~500k difference per month, but there were other factors in play so I can't say 100% that was the case.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, body type hasn't changed and he's gone from just under 95 start quality to 100.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Birthday? Star quality does change as a wrestler matures, I believe.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The people in my company complaining are:<p> 1. a group of under 22 year old's with very little overness. I want to let them get some time in my Child Company to round them out, and get some overness on my broadcaster before I bring them in for B-shows and Dark matches. They've been with the company less than 8 months. </p><p> 2. A tag team of trainers both over 40 (one 46 and just entered decline), and "I gain no benefit from being a trainer". Well, you sirs, will sit there and rot for the rest of your careers until you retire or quit because if I ever bring you back, even for a one-off of some kind, I know that you'll be so deep in the negative that it will be too much trouble. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you sign those young workers to development contracts? If not, they may just be angry at being misled when they signed deals. In my game Marcus Bagwell refused to sign a dev. deal with me, so he's learning in the undercard. Every other young worker I targeted went into dev. readily enough.</p><p> </p><p> Ultimately, workers have their limits on how far they can progress in development, and those limits are typically some way below their absolute stat caps. A worker will not max out their stats in development - they <em>must</em> be given exposure in the big* leagues against better workers on a regular basis. If a worker hits that limit, they will want to move on or move out - there is no benefit to sitting around, waiting until you do or do not decide to call them up. While they will hope, initially, for a move up to the main roster, you're already aware that eventually they'll want to twist rather than stick.</p><p> </p><p> How many workers do you have in training? I suspect (based on my limited experience running a single dev. company in '16) that a larger group won't progress as well as a smaller group. if I'm right, and if you have a large group, it may be worth looking at creating additional dev. territories and splitting the group between them.</p><p> </p><p> You might also consider changing their focus while they're down there. That may address their concern, for a time. No guarantees, but if they've only got potential to improve in, say, puro and you have them on a general focus, a lot of their training time is going to waste.</p><p> </p><p> As for the veterans, I can't remember, offhand, whether you can sign older workers to dev. trainer contracts directly (I haven't signed trainers in a long time) but I think their willingness to work as trainers is personality dependent. Again, you might want to change their focus from training to something else to see if that helps. (It would really help if I had the game available right now to check the options!)</p><p> </p><p> Ultimately, you can call the kids up and give them 'graduation bonuses' to address their unhappiness. However, I find for my own sake that when signing workers to dev. contracts that it's better to go for short-term contracts (a year or less) to see how workers improve. Having to pay off a 3-4 year contract because a worker has no significant potential to improve, and no place on my roster with their stats so low, is a definite pain.</p><p> </p><p> * I say big leagues, you can certainly have a player hit their max stats just working the indies, but not in development.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Birthday? Star quality does change as a wrestler matures, I believe.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Right, I think it might just be natural progression, but the guy is nearly 40. It's Sting and it happened sometime between 95 and 96. I didn't think guys got bumps like that late in their careers.</p><p> </p><p> I have another worker I signed from the indies essentially (Cibernetico) that jumped from the low 80s to 91 in star quality seemingly when I signed him. I figured that must be about him signing with a global company?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody try taking a national company off of Monthly PPV events and instead going the subscription service route or even running the events only on commercial television?<p> </p><p> Is there a significant financial penalty? Is it sustainable at that level (or even at mid-Cult level)?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry, it doesn't appear anyone answered you yet.</p><p> </p><p> Monthly ppv revenue is vital in the current game mechanics. Depending on your roster's wage bill, should may find it nearly impossible to stay in the black financially as a national company without ppv. It's probably doable still if you run enough events to generate big attendance gates.</p><p> </p><p> TV deals are SIGNIFICANTLY less profitable than ppv. In my multiple player game with Hive we have national companies that are struggling to be profitable WITH a ppv deal, Without those deals they'd be belly up by now.</p>

Right, I think it might just be natural progression, but the guy is nearly 40. It's Sting and it happened sometime between 95 and 96. I didn't think guys got bumps like that late in their careers.

I have another worker I signed from the indies essentially (Cibernetico) that jumped from the low 80s to 91 in star quality seemingly when I signed him. I figured that must be about him signing with a global company?

There's a thing called naratives (I think, not sure what is is actually called), you can look it up in the editor. Some wrestlers may have preset "events" happen in their lives at preset dates. There may be a star quality increase set for Sting in the mod you are playing.

When you use a house show loop to find a chemistry pairing between two wrestlers, does it take in to account if they are faces and heels? For example, if I put up a pair of Bradshaw (heel) and Eddie Guerrero (face) as a partners, would the fact that they aren't the same disposition have an effect on the outcome?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hugobravez" data-cite="hugobravez" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When you use a house show loop to find a chemistry pairing between two wrestlers, does it take in to account if they are faces and heels? For example, if I put up a pair of Bradshaw (heel) and Eddie Guerrero (face) as a partners, would the fact that they aren't the same disposition have an effect on the outcome?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, the disposition does not come into account</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry, it doesn't appear anyone answered you yet.<p> </p><p> Monthly ppv revenue is vital in the current game mechanics. Depending on your roster's wage bill, should may find it nearly impossible to stay in the black financially as a national company without ppv. It's probably doable still if you run enough events to generate big attendance gates.</p><p> </p><p> TV deals are SIGNIFICANTLY less profitable than ppv. In my multiple player game with Hive we have national companies that are struggling to be profitable WITH a ppv deal, Without those deals they'd be belly up by now.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WCW in my game were at Cult and I tried running the Clash shows on TV rather than PPV. I think it made about ~500k difference per month, but there were other factors in play so I can't say 100% that was the case.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's interesting enough. So basically I would have to go with a tight roster and all but my top 10 or so (to keep house show revenue) would have to be on PPA deals to make it work.</p><p> </p><p> Sounds like a fun challenge. I'll try it! thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rocco100rounds" data-cite="rocco100rounds" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Are you using any other road agent notes for the match? You could test this yourself by booking the event with the match, running the show, then exiting to the main menu after you've seen the grade for the match.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've tried Open matches, keeping strong the loser face of the match, calling it in the ring (both have high enough Psych to do that), tainted and clean victories. In every case, the match rating is about 8-10 points lower than if I just have the heel win a tainted victory with the face being kept strong. Most of the matches have been using the "Regular" match tag as well rather than Story Line or some other match type.</p><p> </p><p> Sorry about the late reply, family emergency just after I posted that question so I've been away from my PC the last few days.</p>

<p>To be clear, this refers to the mechanic where working for a big company causes a worker to begin rising in popularity to a minimum threshold depending on the company size.</p><p> </p><p>

That mechanic is still there, it's just the increases aren't quite so rapid, as it was causing curtain jerkers to become midcard tier popular within a few appearances.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've always wondered this, and it may be in the handbook although I haven't seen it, but what purpose do titles serve? Does winning/losing one enhance popularity losses/gains, and do defences enhance pop gains? Or, are they just a cosmetic feature?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Title prestige can negatively or positively impact a match rating a bit depending. So a title with A* prestige can help improve the rating of a match that would otherwise be rated a D for example.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Title prestige can negatively or positively impact a match rating a bit depending. So a title with A* prestige can help improve the rating of a match that would otherwise be rated a D for example.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Also, titles won in a national or higher company help towards HOI progress</p>