Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JamHead" data-cite="JamHead" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm two years waiting on Hogan to come out of toxicity in one of my saves. Don't get your hopes up.<p> </p><p> Check the personal section of his profile. It will say if he is toxic or not.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for this, I just found where you're talking about. It says having him on my roster will impact merchandise and attendances for shows, even if he's not on them, but... do I care that much about either of those things??</p><p> </p><p> My company makes money hand over fist, do merchandise and attendance really cost me? Plus, Austin is my figurehead and is increasing both those things anyway, so won't they kind of balance each other out?</p><p> </p><p> WCW has dropped to cult anyway, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't just carry on as if nothing has happened and cop a bit of a bump in sales and attendance until it all blows over.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will you get penalized for not having any announcers as a Local company, when your events is not on TV or anything?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As long as you are not broadcasting it, there's no penalty.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Depending on how big you are, I feel like if you're at the point where events are giving you 50K attendances, you're better off just stacking the money in your home region to build a network than you are grinding out the pop gain in other regions unfortunately :/</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> :confused:you think so? </p><p> I'm at National in Canada, and I can't get International until I get Cult in three other areas. I managed to get high pop in Mexico and U.K. (with nice spillover in mid-South, Southwest, and Puerto Rico in the USA). So to get ot international I've been doing one ppv in those areas and one at home in Canada to maintain my National credentials. (NOTBPW is right behind me). Any tips welcomed at this point.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for this, I just found where you're talking about. It says having him on my roster will impact merchandise and attendances for shows, even if he's not on them, but... do I care that much about either of those things??<p> </p><p> My company makes money hand over fist, do merchandise and attendance really cost me? Plus, Austin is my figurehead and is increasing both those things anyway, so won't they kind of balance each other out?</p><p> </p><p> WCW has dropped to cult anyway, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't just carry on as if nothing has happened and cop a bit of a bump in sales and attendance until it all blows over.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have you thought about sending him to the farm? Open a child company and have him in it (still under contract to you so you can bring him back). let the off-brand take the heat, maybe?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>are the biggins tag name really quadruple B? <strong>and does pre booking do anything like sell more seats?</strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pre-booking is purely organisational to help the booking go faster, and have no impact on attendance or viewers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you thought about sending him to the farm? Open a child company and have him in it (still under contract to you so you can bring him back). let the off-brand take the heat, maybe?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It’s weird, I just held my first Raw since Austin went “toxic” and there’s no discernible difference I could tell. Austin’s angles and match still ranked incredibly well and our attendances and buy rates were the same as the week before (maybe even slightly higher). The company has lost no pop and even after only one show Austin has regained a few points of the pop he lost himself.</p><p> </p><p> I guess I’ll wait and see what the impact financially is on the company after a full month, but with 60 odd million in the bank I can’t see this bankrupting me, even if he’s toxic for three years.</p><p> </p><p> Looks to me like I’ll just Trojan on like nothing ever happened.</p>

New to the game. In the 1997 After Montreal mod, what do you guys think are the chances that I can make New Jack or Billy Gunn "the guy" in the WWF?

I dunno about New Jack, but everytime I play that Mod (or the June 98 one) the New Age Outlaws both end up as Main Event pretty quickly, as I usually push DX pretty hard. I've never pushed Billy to the top though, but I'm sure it can be done.

Someone who always ends up massively over for me in those Mods in Ken Shamrock. Without even consciously pushing him he always rockets to Main Event status and I'm certain with just the most minor of pushes he could absolutely be THAT guy.

New to the game. In the 1997 After Montreal mod, what do you guys think are the chances that I can make New Jack or Billy Gunn "the guy" in the WWF?

NB: There is an Official "Booking Committee" Thread a few posts down for questions like this; this thread is for actual technical questions about the game.

What's a better announcing duo for me: Jason Azaria (78 announcing) having great chemistry with Kyle Rhodes (72 color) or Peter Michaels (90) having neutral chemistry with Rhodes? I don't actually know the chemistry between Michaels and Rhodes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="miz468" data-cite="miz468" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's a better announcing duo for me: Jason Azaria (78 announcing) having great chemistry with Kyle Rhodes (72 color) or Peter Michaels (90) having neutral chemistry with Rhodes? I don't actually know the chemistry between Michaels and Rhodes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why not use all 3?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Long shot, but does anyone have the Outlaw Championship Wrestling logo and banner that were done in red?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you referring to the ones on iDol's page?: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527589" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527589</a></p>

I know that a worker will not be available for me to book, if he prioritises another promotion higher, and we have shows on the same day.... But why does that not apply to the AI? That's stupid! I'm playing as NJPW, and is #1 in terms of influence. I have a show on the same day as PWG, we share Cody Rhodes (amongst others). On the particular day, a saturday, I do not use Rhodes on the card, but the next day, sunday, the news tells me that he has appeared for PWG. That's just dumb. Then I should be able to use guys in my Impact save, that AAA fx do not use that particular day.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>are the biggins tag name really quadruple B?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No the game is a liar. They’re really called Triple B with a side of B.</p><p> </p><p> Yes, that’s their name. Why would you not believe the database? It’s written by the creators of the Cornellverse.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Luchador Canadiense" data-cite="Luchador Canadiense" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you referring to the ones on iDol's page?: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527589" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527589</a></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah. For some reason I can't see any of his images at all. Figured Photobucket got them or something. You mean you can see them yourself?</p>

sorry this might have been asked before, but there's so many posts here I thought I'd ask again just in case anyone else is wondering. When a wrestler comes back from a touring with their band (in my case Steve Austin of all people formed a band!), how long can I expect him to stick around? Is there some sort of restriction on how often he can tour? Or within a certain amount of time? I don't want to put the WWF title on him for him to again change my booking plans if he goes off to tour so soon after getting back, if that makes sense.