Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's still there, but you have to set the match as a triple threat/fatal four way/more than two guys in the match and then can select late entrant.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you! finally getting back to the game after a long absence and seem to have forgotten alot of minor things</p>

Question about the "Once in a Lifetime" match really quick

If you have a team who make it to the level of being in the HOI, would their first singles meeting be able to use the note? It actually doesn't seem like they actively track it anywhere in game like you can for singles, but even for inducted teams where one member is retired at game start I would wonder still.

<p>Beginner questions</p><p> </p><p>

Hi there, I have some questions based on the scenario I am playing now (base game with male promotions removed, I am playing as 5SSW).</p><p> </p><p>

<em>1) How quickly does popularity move up?</em></p><p> </p><p>

I started putting on weekly shows, in addition to the standard monthly shows that were there. Every show is rated between C- and C+, and the notes say that my popularity in the host region is improving with each show. However, while my popularity in Kanto has improved from E+ to D-, my importance is still at E+, whereas my importance in all other regions of Japan has dropped from E+ to E.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>2) How does this interact with multiple regions?</em></p><p> </p><p>

I see that Kanto would confer a 40% bonus to nearby regions. I also need to get two regions to D+ importance to move from "regional" to "cult". Based on show ratings of C, roughly how many shows would it take? And should I host alternate shows in different regions, or just focus on Kanto and get that to the desired level first?</p><p> </p><p>

<em>3) On workers, development and momentum</em></p><p> </p><p>

Generally speaking, how should I arrange my matches? Should main eventers face main eventers, or rather prey on those from the lower levels? What should I strive for in terms of momentum across the roster? Obviously, for one worker to win means another worker must lose...for the top stars, should they be winning almost all the time? Or trading victories with one another?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Thanks in advance for any tips provided!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Olathay" data-cite="Olathay" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi there, I have some questions based on the scenario I am playing now (base game with male promotions removed, I am playing as 5SSW).<p> </p><p> <em>1) How quickly does popularity move up?</em></p><p> </p><p> I started putting on weekly shows, in addition to the standard monthly shows that were there. Every show is rated between C- and C+, and the notes say that my popularity in the host region is improving with each show. However, while my popularity in Kanto has improved from E+ to D-, my importance is still at E+, whereas my importance in all other regions of Japan has dropped from E+ to E.</p><p> </p><p> <em>2) How does this interact with multiple regions?</em></p><p> </p><p> I see that Kanto would confer a 40% bonus to nearby regions. I also need to get two regions to D+ importance to move from "regional" to "cult". Based on show ratings of C, roughly how many shows would it take? And should I host alternate shows in different regions, or just focus on Kanto and get that to the desired level first?</p><p> </p><p> <em>3) On workers, development and momentum</em></p><p> </p><p> Generally speaking, how should I arrange my matches? Should main eventers face main eventers, or rather prey on those from the lower levels? What should I strive for in terms of momentum across the roster? Obviously, for one worker to win means another worker must lose...for the top stars, should they be winning almost all the time? Or trading victories with one another?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thanks in advance for any tips provided!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't have an answer for number two.</p><p> </p><p> 1. I think it's .5% a show or something like that [though I could be way wrong, for some reason that's what I remember]-- but it is also effected by your outlets and what not. The more exposure you have, the more quickly you can popularity.</p><p> </p><p> 2. This comes down to personal preference/booking philosophy. Workers gain popularity even when losing (though you can't have them lose too much). My personal philosophy is my main event tends to be a main eventer versus a main eventer. I mix the rest of my card with main eventer-lower guys, lower guys-lower guys, etc...</p><p> </p><p> I try not to have anyone lose more than three times in a row before I give them a victory (except guys I'm using as an enhancement talent or am specifically cycling down), but again, this is how I book because it tends to be how I like to feature talent.</p><p> </p><p> I don't use all my main events on a show [i'm running as a now regional SCCW, I was small before], so I can't afford to bring everyone in, but I also like to rotate. A lot of depends on what title matches I'm building towards. For instance, Killer Shark just won the Southern Heavyweight Title (for the second time), so now I'll be spending the coming months developing strong babyface challengers to him, so each show will feature his challenger and then a babyface or two getting wins over heels to get the momentum up for them to challenge in the coming months -- but again, this is a style choice.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Save_Us.Necro" data-cite="Save_Us.Necro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you are a permanent member of an alliance, <strong>can you get kicked out for utilizing the loan feature too much?</strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I don't think that's even a thing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Save_Us.Necro" data-cite="Save_Us.Necro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you are a permanent member of an alliance, can you get kicked out for utilizing the loan feature too much?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, but they will refuse to let you use the Alliance Loan feature for a couple of months if you have used the loan feature too much in their eyes.</p>

No, it's not based on months. It's based on appearances. A guy that is used every week will be eligible to turn way sooner than a jobber you never use.

It's incredibly rare from my experiences that a turn goes poorly when it says "Probably..." in the too soon to turn text.

I concur that it's not based off of months but appearances -- and I've also personally experienced turning a worker when it says it's probably too early to turn and it still being a success.

Question for the Once in A Lifetime match, if my product keeps track of faces and heels, will it affect that match as well if I book 2 faces against each other? Would there be no exception? Booking a Helikaon vs. Champagne Lover main event in my biggest show but I don't want to turn either heel.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question for the Once In A Lifetime match, if my product keeps track of faces and heels, will it affect that match as well if I book 2 faces against each other? Would there be no exception? Booking a Helikaon vs. Champagne Lover main event in my biggest show but I don't want to turn either heel.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Someone can correct me if I'm wrong:</p><p> </p><p> The match will still get dinged for the odd face/heel combination, but I don't believe it is enough for the match to absolute tank</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rocco100rounds" data-cite="rocco100rounds" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Someone can correct me if I'm wrong:<p> </p><p> The match will still get dinged for the odd face/heel combination, but I don't believe it is enough for the match to absolute tank</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Damn. Heel Champagne Lover here we go!</p>

With a B show, do wrestlers still gain overness even though the show's rating doesn't affect the company's overness? I'm trying to get Zimmy Bumfhole up to at least C+ (71 probably) pop before Supreme Challenge in a few months. Would booking him to win and look strong on my B show help speed up his pop gain?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why would you change the entire foundation of your promotion just to avoid an incredibly minor penalty to a match rating?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a good point. I don't know how big of a penalty it is to be honest. I'm building my company around Helikaon and Champagne Lover is already on the decline so it's not that huge of a deal but yes, I do prefer that he stay as face. This'll be my first once-in-a-lifetime match so I want it to be perfect.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's a good point. I don't know how big of a penalty it is to be honest. I'm building my company around Helikaon and Champagne Lover is already on the decline so it's not that huge of a deal but yes, I do prefer that he stay as face. This'll be my first once-in-a-lifetime match so I want it to be perfect.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The penalty isn't a big one at all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kemicode" data-cite="kemicode" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's a good point. I don't know how big of a penalty it is to be honest. I'm building my company around Helikaon and Champagne Lover is already on the decline so it's not that huge of a deal but yes, I do prefer that he stay as face. This'll be my first once-in-a-lifetime match so I want it to be perfect.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If the turn goes badly it’s likely to affect the match rating far more than face vs face would.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rocco100rounds" data-cite="rocco100rounds" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With a B show, do wrestlers still gain overness even though the show's rating doesn't affect the company's overness? I'm trying to get Zimmy Bumfhole up to at least C+ (71 probably) pop before Supreme Challenge in a few months. Would booking him to win and look strong on my B show help speed up his pop gain?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They still gain popularity, but I think at a slightly lower rate (simulating that people don't watch a B-Show as much as they do an A-Show). </p><p> </p><p> One of the main draws for using a B-Show is to have a place to experiment and build up talent so that they can be prepped for the main show and showing up on PPV's and the like. </p><p> </p><p> So yeah, if you have Zimmy show up on the B-Show and look strong, he should become more over as long as you make him look strong and put him in the right angles. </p><p> </p><p> Remember that beating less over workers won't do as much to his pop than beating more popular workers, and he can also easily lose pop gained on the B-Show if he is booked poorly on the A-Show. So try to focus on also employing his entertainment talents (if he has any) by putting him in angles that will score well, since angles also affect popularity and you'll want to give him as much opportunity to get more popular as you can.</p>

<p>Influence</p><p> </p><p>

Is their anything in-game you can do to change a wrestlers influence? I have a few wrestlers that are valuable members of my roster but they are starting to cause problems. I don't want to use the editor, I was hoping their were other things I could do to change their personality</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is their anything in-game you can do to change a wrestlers influence? I have a few wrestlers that are valuable members of my roster but they are starting to cause problems. I don't want to use the editor, I was hoping their were other things I could do to change their personality</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly, there isn't many ways iirc. That's just an added factor of the game. If you choose to fire them, depending on how they take it they will improve their behavior. If you have high diplomacy you can improve their behavior every time there's an issue. Or ribbing them</p>