Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you think the best way to hide declining abilities are? You can do slow build and help with stamina, also protect... what about open match? What about slow build and all out in the same match during a technical masterclass or spectacle/epic?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Protect is your best bet to help a limited worker look good.</p><p> </p><p> Slow build will help with stamina issues, but if the worker doesn't have the stamina for a long match, booking a match long enough for slow build to work will do more harm than good.</p><p> </p><p> Open match is to make sure both workers look evenly matched, it is mostly used for when a lower card worker is against a higher card worker. It won't help you in this situation.</p><p> </p><p> If a worker is at the point where you have to worry about hiding declining skills, they probably won't be able to pull off a technical masterclass, spectacle, or epic.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I believe he’s the reason Davids is on the shelf with his starting injury</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's the exact reason.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rocco100rounds" data-cite="rocco100rounds" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> This is more of a canon question, but why do Des Davids and Joe Sexy not like each other at the start of TEW16? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you click on Des Davids' physical, under injury history it says that Joe Sexy caused the torn Rotator Cuff. Most of the time, botches or injuries caused by another worker will lead to some bad feelings in the games.</p>

Every once in a while I get a feedback message from an angle saying "So-and-so has developed a new catchphrase that will help them in the future." (or something to that effect.

Is this just flavor text for their microphone skill went up?

there's a couple of different phrases "go to spot in the future" comes to mind. it well tell you which skill went up. but, it's a bonus improvement separate from the normal improvements you get from just using a worker

Started playing a SOTBPW game, but I know very little about traditional lucha stuff. So far, I basically get the feeling that it’s like flashy cruiserweight fighting with crazy Attitude Era soap / comic book style storylines.

But I’m kind of wondering, in real lucha, is it ok to have rudos and technicos working together in a match? I.E. a rudo/technico tag team, or 2 technicos in a 3 man tag.

Also, is it more like Japanese style, where there’s a very definite pecking order, or are upsets and Midcarders going over UM’s or UM’s going over ME’s acceptable?

And if anyone has some other tips for getting the lucha feel right (I know the basics - masks are basically sacred, 2/3 falls and 3 man teams are major aspects) but I’ll take any other advice.

Sorry, I tried checking the SOTB thread but didn’t get much of a feel for this stuff.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Started playing a SOTBPW game, but I know very little about traditional lucha stuff. So far, I basically get the feeling that it’s like flashy cruiserweight fighting with crazy Attitude Era soap / comic book style storylines. <p> </p><p> <strong>But I’m kind of wondering, in real lucha, is it ok to have rudos and technicos working together in a match?</strong> I.E. a rudo/technico tag team, or 2 technicos in a 3 man tag.</p><p> </p><p> Also, is it more like Japanese style, where there’s a very definite pecking order, or are upsets and Midcarders going over UM’s or UM’s going over ME’s acceptable?</p><p> </p><p> And if anyone has some other tips for getting the lucha feel right (I know the basics - masks are basically sacred, 2/3 falls and 3 man teams are major aspects) but I’ll take any other advice.</p><p> </p><p> Sorry, I tried checking the SOTB thread but didn’t get much of a feel for this stuff.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think in Lucha Libre there is something known as Incredible Pairings or Parejas Increibles where a rudo and technico team up. It's supposed to highlight the conflict between wanting the team to succeed and hating their partner.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Started playing a SOTBPW game...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> CMLL posts full shows on youtube, so whenever you have the time to check them out, do. I think AAA is on twitch too but AFAIK they have an edgier product.</p><p> </p><p> e:SOTBPW would be a mix of what you actually see in Mexico and WWE.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>CMLL posts full shows on youtube, so whenever you have the time to check them out, do. I think AAA is on twitch too but AFAIK they have an edgier product.<p> </p><p> e:SOTBPW would be a mix of what you actually see in Mexico and WWE.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That’s pretty much exactly AAA actually. Granted AAA sometimes goes heavy on the blood and weapons, but that’s one of the more understated parts of Lucha history. Not everyone at the top is a flier. The likes of Konnan and Vampiro were gigantic stars.</p><p> </p><p> The big difference is AAA mostly doing one fall matches as well as multi person/team matches frequently which I think also fits SOTBPW (while OLLIE sticks to the traditional 2/3). If AAA was actually good on a consistent basis and was also gigantic, they would probably be SOTBPW.</p>

Just picked up the demo of this after watching the Rumble. Started off with High Impact Wrestling in the UK (set them to active and went with that). Only picked up free agents, and ran a small show with only around 10 workers. Still lost an awful lot of money though.

Anyone got any advice as to how to survive and make money as a small company by any chance?

Is there a way to mass edit popularity instead of going through each wrestler, I feel a lot of the wrestlers on my database are a little off on pop and I'd rather not have to scroll through them all, I will if I have too, but I thought it'd be worth a check

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PDoody" data-cite="PDoody" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to mass edit popularity instead of going through each wrestler, I feel a lot of the wrestlers on my database are a little off on pop and I'd rather not have to scroll through them all, I will if I have too, but I thought it'd be worth a check</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Mass Edit function in the Editor?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>CMLL posts full shows on youtube, so whenever you have the time to check them out, do. I think AAA is on twitch too but AFAIK they have an edgier product.<p> </p><p> e:SOTBPW would be a mix of what you actually see in Mexico and WWE.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, CMLL is the more traditional of the two with AAA adding more hardcore events. </p><p> Just remember, when watching traditional lucha libre there is 2/3 falls unless it is a relampago match (1 fall/10 minutes). And tag matches you have to pin/submit both partners. Or, in a 3 man teams/trios there is a 'capitan de equipo' and you win a fall by either pin/submitting the capitan or both of the other team-mates. In-game I simulate this by selecting who I want as the captains in the winner/loser notes.</p>

Not 100% but i think it is geared towards more Modern focus.

That's what I thought. I've heard of "Cutting Edge" products going back to the early days of EWR/TEW (mostly when it comes to real world databases). That said, I'm not entirely sure what the product as a whole entails.

In my mind, I'm thinking fast-paced action with a focus on creativity/innovation. In a way, trying to "change the feel" of wrestling as a whole; despite still operating in the same fashion. Maybe companies like this are more likely to go against the grain; ala unique divisions, belts, and match types?

This is what I have in my mind but didn't know if that was exactly what "Cutting Edge" was.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does a “cutting edge” product really entail?<p> </p><p> Nemesis default product style in-game states he would lean toward such a preference when opening a company.</p></div></blockquote><p> Modern with a pinch of cult, hardcore, daredevil and realism. If you check out the product of DAVE amd IPW that Nemesis has been a booker for, you should get an idea.</p><p> </p><p> I for one do enjoy how owner/booker preferences aren't that obvious, but if you look up the preset products on the editor you should get a good idea.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cymru96" data-cite="cymru96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the ideal length of time for a storyline? I know it probably varies, but I am five months in as a small company, so have run five shows. At what point do you think I can start thinking about wrapping this one up and moving on to another one?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it depends on what you are trying to do with it. I have had storylines that ran for a month, and I have had storylines that lasted a year. </p><p> </p><p> My feeling is that if the storyline is changing and the principle players are shifting in and out of focus (or the storyline itself morphing) you can go longer. If it’s pretty static, I find 3-4 events a pretty good balance (win, complication, rematch, resolution). Shorter storylines I usually use as placeholders for title holders doing open challenges and such. (Or if you really want to cheese the ratings system).</p><p> </p><p> The TL;DR answer is - either when you’re bored with it or when it stops being a draw.</p>

<p>I'm a long time player of EWR. I've tried to make the jump to TEW many times over the years and just can't get the hang of it. I love how much more in depth the series is but also enjoy the simplicity and quickness of EWR. If I really think about it I believe my real issue is just the barrier of learning the new stuff TEW has to offer and if I ever got the hang of TEW I would never look back.</p><p> </p><p>

My question is what would you consider the best way to learn the game? Playing as WWE or starting a local company and building my way up? Creating a company with almost unlimited money and going from there?</p><p> </p><p>

Some of my biggest concerns are random deaths, injuries, and odd relationships but I suppose I can change the frequency of that in options.</p><p> </p><p>

Also which real world scenario is best in your opinion? I've heard RWC chronicles is more fun and TheWho87's might have more stuff but the popularity and skills get worse ratings.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mattah12" data-cite="Mattah12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another quick question. I'd like to start a game as ROH where I buy out Impact and set up a brand split as one company. How would I go about setting up the game initially to make Impact open to selling almost immediately?</div></blockquote><p> Change their starting money into a big negative so they're in debt from the start. Also, they won't sell to smaller companies, so tweak popularity as needed.</p>