Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are certain stats capped by age/experience? I have a 27 year old with 2 years experience whose Psychology and Basics (I think) have been sat at 80 for the last 3 months. Could he improve with more time, or has he likely hit his limit?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think certain stats do cap out at different times, based maybe of of peak ages? So maybe he has a really early peak? I could be way, way wrong though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheZies" data-cite="TheZies" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did some searching but only found a couple of old threads about this, and that is a company rejecting a take over because they don't want to sell up. <p> </p><p> The previous responses to this are all stating that it's an owner personality thing. I'm playing the NB2001 to try simulate the purchase of WCW leading into Wrestlemania rather than starting there after in the DOWCW mod. </p><p> </p><p> Every effort I make to put someone in ownership for WCW provides the same response. I've done things from removing Bischoff from WCW entirely. By putting Ted Turner back in. By creating a AOL/Time Warner Group user. I've even put Shane as the head of WCW and ended the war to try and sell. Put Shane as the head of WWF and ended the war, and they all come back as they're not selling up. </p><p> </p><p> Is there something I'm missing here to just get WCW to be purchasable? ECW does not have the same issue as WCW does.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It also comes down to being in debt, how long they have been in debt for (often times like six months or more) and your company size in relation to their company size.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are certain stats capped by age/experience? I have a 27 year old with 2 years experience whose Psychology and Basics (I think) have been sat at 80 for the last 3 months. Could he improve with more time, or has he likely hit his limit?</div></blockquote><p> He may have hit the limit of how much he can develop those skills on his own. Have you tried putting him in the ring with someone who's got 80+ in Psychology and Basics?</p>

<p>I think I've asked before, but what contributes to Wrestler of the Year? Tanahashi has had more matches, better results/and average. And won mostly everything. Meanwhile Yuji Nagata actually won wrestler of the year, despite not winning any titles, and having weaker matches. (Not much weaker, but wtf)</p><p> </p><p>

Could never forget it out.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think I've asked before, but what contributes to Wrestler of the Year? Tanahashi has had more matches, better results/and average. And won mostly everything. Meanwhile Yuji Nagata actually won wrestler of the year, despite not winning any titles, and having weaker matches. (Not much weaker, but wtf)<p> </p><p> Could never forget it out.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's based on whoever is #1 on the Power 500 on Jan 1, afaik. That still doesn't help much, though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think I've asked before, but what contributes to Wrestler of the Year? Tanahashi has had more matches, better results/and average. And won mostly everything. Meanwhile Yuji Nagata actually won wrestler of the year, despite not winning any titles, and having weaker matches. (Not much weaker, but wtf)<p> </p><p> Could never forget it out.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's based on their top ten match ratings over the course of the year, with a small amount of randomness.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When booking storyline segments/matches I have a tendency to lose heat. How do you gain heat a little more consistently ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's based on the segment rating relative to the heat the storyline already has. If it has high heat already, you need to continuously have high-rated segments if you want to maintain it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When booking storyline segments/matches I have a tendency to lose heat. How do you gain heat a little more consistently ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can you give some specific examples? Tell me what you're booking exactly. </p><p> </p><p> Without knowing what you are really doing I can say this. If you are trying to gain storyline heat then make sure you are choosing the right attribute to highlight for the workers. Example. Let's say you are doing an angle with Ricky Morton and Ric Flair. You could do an angle where Flair is rated on entertainment or overness (surely going to get a high rating, make sure to put SUCCESS here) and Ricky Morton can be rated on selling (should be very high if the mod is correct, have the angle be a DEFEAT for him). This is as a major angle over 6 minutes will give you a great rating unless your commentary is horrible.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you give some specific examples? Tell me what you're booking exactly. <p> </p><p> Without knowing what you are really doing I can say this. If you are trying to gain storyline heat then make sure you are choosing the right attribute to highlight for the workers. Example. Let's say you are doing an angle with Ricky Morton and Ric Flair. You could do an angle where Flair is rated on entertainment or overness (surely going to get a high rating, make sure to put SUCCESS here) and Ricky Morton can be rated on selling (should be very high if the mod is correct, have the angle be a DEFEAT for him). This is as a major angle over 6 minutes will give you a great rating unless your commentary is horrible.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm going to try that next time I play. I'm using a 2006 mod as ROH. I'm doing a newer version of ROH vs CZW along with several other feuds. Each segment gets a low rating unless it's a match.</p>

<p>I'm not quite sure where to post this, so I am posting it here.</p><p> </p><p>

Due to serious computer problems, I was forced to return my computer to factory settings, which (naturally) meant my TEW2016 was destroyed. Do I have buy TEW2016 again or can something else be worked out?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not quite sure where to post this, so I am posting it here.<p> </p><p> Due to serious computer problems, I was forced to return my computer to factory settings, which (naturally) meant my TEW2016 was destroyed. Do I have buy TEW2016 again or can something else be worked out?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. See the License FAQ pinned to the top of the Technical Support forum, there is very detailed information on everything to do with licenses there, and that will answer your question.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I avoid "penalized for booking decisions"? I have match aims, repetitive booking and crowd management disabled</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you using Keep Strong, Protect, or any other road agent notes? Those things can either penalize or limit the performance of your wrestlers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you using Keep Strong, Protect, or any other road agent notes? Those things can either penalize or limit the performance of your wrestlers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't protect and the only time I use to keep strong is to convince somebody to put someone else over</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't protect and the only time I use to keep strong is to convince somebody to put someone else over</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you making sure your match times are consistent with your road agent notes? That's the only other thing I can think of.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you making sure your match times are consistent with your road agent notes? That's the only other thing I can think of.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah sometimes I increase the time or decrease pending on the works stamina and psychology</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah sometimes I increase the time or decrease pending on the works stamina and psychology</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just to make sure I understand you, certain match aims (All Out Match, Slow Build, etc) have specific minimum or maximum times in their descriptions. Are you making sure you follow those limits?</p>

Just to make sure I understand you, certain match aims (All Out Match, Slow Build, etc) have specific minimum or maximum times in their descriptions. Are you making sure you follow those limits?

Yes I am. If I'm doing all out I keep it at 15 or less. Very rare I go slightly over etc

Hello, I am a fan of TEW, but I have always had questions about how the popularity works. I know a B is better than a C, but to put it into real world context who would classify as an A, B, C, and D popularity? Thanks

I think you'd have to think of an A* rating in TEW as the very best possible. So when it comes to overness for a worker at that level you are talking about Steve Austin at his height, The Rock when he returned to face Cena... about an A would be like Sting in 97 WCW or CM Punk during his championship reign... B's might be around the level of someone like Big Show or Kane etc...

So if you are a cult company you can easily main event your shows with guys that are C rated or above. If you are regional and can score someone that high, that's gold.

How do I avoid "penalized for booking decisions"? I have match aims, repetitive booking and crowd management disabled

Perhaps you did a finis that your fans don't like. Go to your product settings and double triple check them. Make sure everything is in order. It may take some time for you to learn exactly what that is if you haven't played around with them much.

I will also say the game is more fun with Crowd Management and match aims activated.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Perhaps you did a finis that your fans don't like. Go to your product settings and double triple check them. Make sure everything is in order. It may take some time for you to learn exactly what that is if you haven't played around with them much. <p> </p><p> I will also say the game is more fun with Crowd Management and match aims activated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I keep checking to see exactly what it is. I know it's not the match risk.</p>